• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -5| This is stupid, kayos90 sucks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I cant really imagine anyone wanting to see, say The Jungle or Silent Spring or Animal Farm, animated or even an anime attempting to portray the same themes as both works.
ibv5QSLZwohJvF.png

zeroshiki

I'm not a very good mystery watcher because I invariably mess up and don't figure out the clues but I damn well enjoy watching them.

That film arc was incredible because it basically breaks the genre down for you, lets you behind the curtain so speak, but then still pulls the wool over your head and doesn't ruin the mystery. That's some grade-A writing, right there.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
I really need to stay away from IRC - for some goddamn reason I can't figure out how to NOT post links in the wrong chat when I have more than one channel open.

Damn, almost forgot about this.

Tamako Market episode 5 web preview, though there's really not much to be seen in it... at all.
Well, I guess if you like nicely animated fireworks you'll get a few seconds of those.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W03_zvXxYoc

To be honest, I really wasn't feeling episode 4. I think the second episode was my favorite so far, but the last episode seemed particularly mundane even for KyoAni. Oh and
bringing the boy Anko had a crush on up to her room
seemed like exactly the opposite of what any reasonable person would do to calm a tiny girl's self-conscious fears. And of course he is kind hearted, calm, and mature. Despite being a little shit. How boring :T

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I did see the Watchman movie but it was so deep that I fell asleep during it, so much talking and discussing.
Literally 2 Deep 4 U. Wow. Never thought I'd see the day.

Watch it now, it's awesome. Kinda goes downhill in the second half but it's still cool overall.
Understatement of the say.

Gintama Anime Tour JUMP FESTA 2005

Since the movie mentioned it, I went ahead and watched it.
The gang goes to appreciete hanami, and there they encounter the Shinsegumi and they fight for a spot to watch the hanami.
But there are plenty of spoilers if you just began watching the anime.
It was pretty funny.
Funny. I'm pretty sure this was the first episode I watched. That would probably explain why my introduction to the show wasn't as bad since the punchline to this is pretty good.

Damn. Thought I'd finally gotten away from that.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I really need to stay away from IRC - for some goddamn reason I can't figure out how to NOT post links in the wrong chat when I have more than one channel open.

To be honest, I really wasn't feeling episode 4. I think the second episode was my favorite so far, but the last episode seemed particularly mundane even for KyoAni. Oh and
bringing the boy Anko had a crush on up to her room
seemed like exactly the opposite of what any reasonable person would do to calm a tiny girl's self-conscious fears. And of course he is kind hearted, calm, and mature. Despite being a little shit. How boring :T

They all assumed it was
the good looking bishie that she liked though. I'm not sure why he's a little shit. lol

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
They all assumed it was
the good looking bishie that she liked though. I'm not sure why he's a little shit. lol

So
the friends didn't know? For some reason I assumed they brought him knowing. Of course it ended better than expected. I thought that was strange though! It's like... the first thing you wouldn't want to show a young girl in hiding... is probably the thing she is hiding from.

Oh and he's a little shit because just look at him! What's with that smug expression on his face!

firehawk12

Subete no aware
So
the friends didn't know? For some reason I assumed they brought him knowing. Of course it ended better than expected. I thought that was strange though! It's like... the first thing you wouldn't want to show a young girl in hiding... is probably the thing she is hiding from.

Oh and he's a little shit because just look at him! What's with that smug expression on his face!
The show even tries to trick you into thinking that the bishie good looking kid is the guy that she likes. Remember how they react when they see the glasses boy talk to Anko? They fell into that "trap" as well.

And he's adorkable. Or he's supposed to be. I don't really remember what he looks like. lol

rpmurphy

http://i.minus.com/ibv5QSLZwohJvF.png
Stopping by to say Mitsuba best Marui.

Finished through To Aru Kagaku no Railgun, so much more cohesive and better paced than Index. Best of all, no freaking two-minute-long cliche sob lectures by the MC during every fight. Kuroko played an nice role in this one, the kind of interesting secondary character that Index also lacked.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Hataraki Man 5

Not everyone can do every job with Hiro's dedication.

I really enjoyed this episode's theme and Mayu's internal dialogue, but, to be honest, I thought the solution to her problem felt kind of forced. She was having trouble, and then, after learning that
she's not good enough for the job she wanted exactly because she wanted it (something that was painfully obvious since the beginning), she immediately understands... something, and everything's great again. It didn't feel natural - that is, the way Mayu found a new strength through that conversation with Natsume. To me, she seemed so far from "being fine" just in the scene before that one that I was wondering whether we'd get a second episode about her struggle.

And... Newsweek? LIFE? Poor Hiro. Print is dead.

wonzo

Banned
Love Live! 5

This feels like it's far more entertaining then it has any right to be. I think the really, really nice and expressive animation certainly helps.

lovelive4a.jpg

"Join my Idol Club or else I'll rape and murder you and everyone you love 'til the end of eternity in the lowest pits of hell itself desu ne~."

-Minsc-

Gintama 58

So after years debating which version I should watch for this arc, movie or TV.. I Watching Gintama again, such a electric start for this arc. Good stuff.

I say the TV version first. While I haven't watched the movie yet, what I've seen and heard gives me the impression it's more candy for existing fans.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
This is the slowest I've ever seen this thread. :lol

Azumanga Daioh 25

Only one left. ;_; I think I'm going to save the finale (and Candy Boy EX02) for tomorrow, actually. So I'll have something to watch while I wait on the inevitably late PS+ blog post. :lol

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I don't really think renting is really that large a threat to companies as you'd think. It's more that normal people are perfectly fine not owning shows and watching them on TVs. Having 10 complete series on the shelf you'll only watch once is an Otaku thing. Renting adds to it of course but it's not really any more harmful than Netflix is in the US.
Well in the UK you hardly hear reports on TV show sales. All they care about are the viewing figures. So yeah, it's not even a Japanese exclusive thing.

Why do you ask and why do you want to know?
Have to make sure your over 18 before the grooming begins...

Polar Bear Cafe 06
A Rocky montage? :lol
I vaguely recall somebody on GAF with a Grizzly avatar.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/member.php?u=79319

I think I also know either kayos' first or last name thanks to IRC. Out of politeness, I won't mention it here.
Took me two seconds to find his full name.

Articalys

I didn't realize that ANN hadn't done a formal Bakemonogatari review until now; I guess they held off using the Crunchyroll catalog streaming because they knew the BD was announced and CR is missing the last 3 episodes.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/review/bakemonogatari-limited-edition/sub-blu-ray

I'm amused that two of their "negative" summary points (some of its gimmickry can be distracting, on-screen text often passes too quickly to be easily read) are part of a textbook definition of Shaft.

wonzo

Banned
Hataraki Man 5

hataraki5.jpg

Ugh, a rather small blemish on what was an otherwise excellent episode about learning to deal with crushed hopes and expectations thanks to a cold, uncaring workplace. The way they effectively managed to develop Mayu as a character in such a short period of time was utterly fantastic to watch.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Channeling JoJo there.
Almost tempted to track this figure down because of the JoJoesque pose.
3T6qWBa.jpg

I just bought it from Amazon for $23. Shipper is from the UK so I hope to get it soon but estimates say it comes at the end of February.
An American buying anime from a Brit? *brain explodes*

The iDOLM@STER 12

Alright, decided to watch and get it over with. I hate Miki. She's dumb and annoying.
While we can't agree on who the best iDOL is, it's nice to see we all agree on the worst.

Can I randomly request that lupin gif of the vase being shot? Please/Thank you.
It would help if you said which series and episode.

Les Miserables: Shoujo Cosette Ep 1 - 8

I've been on a World Masterpiece Theater kick as of late (just made it through Porphy) and while I'm enjoying Cosette, I'm finding that the Inkeeper family is becoming unbearably rage-inducing. Can someone just confirm to me that they get theirs rather then being simply written off? I need some motivation to keep watching :(

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
sadly I lack BGBW's gif devilry.
a.k.a 2 much 3 time.

Stopping by to say Mitsuba best Marui.
Good taste, but I probably should hold back on posting Mitsuba expressions in my posts.

Love Live! 5
"Join my Idol Club or else I'll rape and murder you and everyone you love 'til the end of eternity in the lowest pits of hell itself desu ne~."
And you lot thought I was joking about all the Idol Culture in this show.

wonzo

Banned
WHOA! you're actually watching this series?! You are a powerful man <3 Way more powerful than I can ever hope to be :(
It's not that hard to watch when it's actually pretty entertaining outside of the cringeworthy CG scenes!

And you lot thought I was joking about all the Idol Culture in this show.
No at all, the IDOL CULTURE stuff was pretty evident in the past few episodes but that particular frame stood out thanks to the opening episode recap.

duckroll

This is pretty weird. It seems 1-2 hours ago all of Japanese news sites were carrying article which says Toho has delayed the release of Takahata's Kaguya-hime film to Fall 2013, while Miyazaki's film remains on track for Summer. But now all the sites have been pulled. Misinformation? Leak?

??????????????????????????????????

Shergal

This is pretty weird. It seems 1-2 hours ago all of Japanese news sites were carrying article which says Toho has delayed the release of Takahata's Kaguya-hime film to Fall 2013, while Miyazaki's film remains on track for Summer. But now all the sites have been pulled. Misinformation? Leak?

??????????????????????????????????

If there were a lot of articles on different sites, I'd bet more on the side of it being true.

I hope not though, I need my Takahata as soon as possible. Please don't be true :(

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
If there were a lot of articles on different sites, I'd bet more on the side of it being true.

I hope not though, I need my Takahata as soon as possible. Please don't be true :(
With the way news works now it would be easy for multiple articles to spring from one incorrect source.

Jintor

Tamako Market 02

I deem the :sdburton levels adequate. I really love how nobody really appears to care much about the talking bird.

duckroll

With the way news works now it would be easy for multiple articles to spring from one incorrect source.

Correct. The source here is Yomiuri Online though, so it's not some rumor blog or anything. The entire article has been pulled, so either it was completely incorrect, or they jumped the gun on something which wasn't supposed to be official yet. Hopefully it's the former.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
glee Tari Tari Love Live 5
ZeP4wgLl.jpg

So if we were to localize this show, would her name be Youtube-chan? lol

wonzo also posted the weird face:
S63nornl.jpg

Something about these deformed faces always amuse me for some reason. Not quite Kotoura-san style though.

Steroyd

DokiDoki Precure 01: (again)

Only Regulus is going to read this awful wall of text [...]

Aaaww, I read it to.

So it looks like I wasn't imagining things when I watched it last night (and yes I did have nightmares of alien precures), that said on the Mary-Sue thing, I actually appreciate them not going the clumsy route and I can see which direction they're going with this, because the theme for the enemies is selfishness, and the lead is being selfish in helping others and not relying on other people I will be completely surprised if this isn't brought up in a bigger way later.

That said.

They should have had more of a middle ground with her, because as you say she's too much of an extreme, the way she accepted everything so easily was stupid, and the extremes of her can do attitude was sickening to watch.

Toriko 1-13 rewatch dubwatch

Was really my third time encountering the material. I think the voice actors were actually chosen well, mostly. The narrator lacked the charisma that the jpn one has when reading the culinary delights part. Komatsu was perfect with Yoshii (baka and test)b Tori (horizon on the middle of nowhere) voice. I wish they had the characters still say itadakimasu, heaping helping, a gram of a, etc, some of the statements were just really some of the things that give the anime its style. Certainly worth it and we got ep previews unlike their stream.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Honoka is one of my new favourite characters because she is such an idol and idolises anyone she meets. She even invites them into the back room for sweets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom