• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -5| This is stupid, kayos90 sucks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeroshiki

You have that shit on the clipboard at all times, don't you? :p

Wasn't it in ANOTHER anime?

No, it was the 3rd single by the girl band ZONE released in 2001. Its very famous and lives on even after ZONE disbanded.

As far as I know, Anohana is the only anime to have covered it.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Already done and bought everything (all that DLC) on the PS3 version. Buying a new console and 4 new characters isn't going to entice me.

I just wish that there was still somewhere that I could purchase the physical version of One Piece: Pirate Warriors cheaply. Looks like it's pretty much impossible to import now =/

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Azumanga Daioh 24

s1jyQ3c.gif

D'aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaw ;_;

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Guess it makes sense her rival is the one whose uniform is the unbuttoned shirt.

So true. :lol

===================================

Futari wa Precure - 02

Nagisa spent a great amount of time in this episode
trying to get out of her duties as a Precure
but was the first one ready to throw down when evil asses needed to be kicked.

Speaking of evil, Pisard looks so goofy that I'm having trouble taking him seriously.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
See I want to, but making a community OT is just so much work. But then, I'd like a place to discuss Musou in general that isn't KoeiWarriors, because...it's KoeiWarriors.

I don't think a community thread that's only going to attract a handful of members needs that much work, honestly. A few links, a couple of banners, a brief explanation of the purpose of the thread, shouldn't take too long. I've been wanting a Musou community thread for months so I'd be willing to help out in any way you'd need!

Speaking of evil, Pisard looks so goofy that I'm having trouble taking him seriously.

Dude, Pissard is awesome! He looks like a really intense kabuki actor out of an ukiyo-e painting and he's super serious about his job. (I've leapfrogged ahead of you but haven't posted about it, but that's all I'll say!)

Gintama - 63

Samurai are dogs.
Ninjas are cats.
I like cats...but in Gintama dogs are better...
dogs=cats?
Edit: I don't like the new ED. ;__; give me back Shura.

zeroshiki

I'm sorry, if you watched Hyouka 09 and your only takeway from it was that: a) nothing happened; and b) Chitanda got drunk, then you're most likely watching the wrong show and need to just stop torturing yourself. I'm saying this in all seriousness and with no snark whatsoever.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Dude, Pissard is awesome! He looks like a really intense kabuki actor out of an ukiyo-e painting and he's super serious about his job. (I've leapfrogged ahead of you but haven't posted about it, but that's all I'll say!)

Haha I figured you would be. Probably going to watch one more before I hit the sack but I'm definitely gonna try and crank them out tomorrow afternoon. We'll see how I feel about Pissard later on.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
So... I didn't know about when this was airing...

The Mobile Suit Gundam Seed Destiny HD Remaster project will begin streaming on the Bandai Channel service on March 29 at 11:00 p.m. in Japan. The series will then start running on the BS11 satellite channel on April 7 and on the Tokyo MX TV channel on April 9.

Yeah, that's pretty much the setting for this character. He was named after a samurai.

The series isn't without concerns, like how Mikazuki treats Kashiwazaki or Takayama and Kusunoki but it's fun if you can get past the problematic stuff.
3EXr0YW.png
(Mazui版)

it sounds great. She's very pretty. I'm a sucker for series involving Sengoku era characters, or references and the such. I'll let you know when I check it out. :)

Chronoexe

DokiDoki Precure 01: (again)

--there was no humor, no reaction faces, no energy-

Only Regulus is going to read this awful wall of text so I guess I'll just stop here :lol I think I made my pessimism pretty clear long ago, so I don't want to get to the point where I'm repeating myself ad nauseum. Obviously I don't think that DokiDoki is doomed yet, but when the first episode is pretty much a perfect accumulation of the traits that have dragged down various entries in the franchise, it's reason for concern.

Cure Sword still awesome, though. Now if only everyone's civilian alter egos weren't so boring...

Your third reader here!

You already say all so I'll be brief.

This episode was lame, as you said this episode lacks energy and humor, the protagonist is so perfect that is boring and the transformation is so simple.

On the other hand I like cure sword and the ending HNNNNNGGG that ending

I miss Smile precure and Nao awesome hair ;__;

Dresden

Wasurenagumo

That being said, I feel that the animation really shined was when Mizuki was involved. There was obviously a lot of effort to make her expressive and interesting. Her fidgeting and her reactions are funny and full of action. It isn't her expressions that surprised me the most though. It was the animation of her body. Lol, I wish I could think of a way to make that sound not-weird. Scenes like Mizuki's chase at the end were amazing. There's a reason the sakuga MADs jumped on those scenes.

The staff definitely took a KyoAni approach to animating its characters where, like Haruhi, there was far more care in animating the main girl than anyone else. The guy's animation was far more boring in comparison. That was mostly why I was surprised and slightly disappointed, but the more I saw Mizuki, the more I was impressed.

For sure.

dssS4aD.gif

Another thing I appreciated was the more cartoony approach to animating the spider-girl - it's 'wacky,' but it also differentiates her from the more mundanely depicted movements of the two human characters.

VMKWM0Jl.jpg

I think the difference here is that, while Key uses these setups to make the audience feel empathy to the main character in order to partake in the fantasy, Wasurenagumo is actively critiquing the people who become enamoured with cute moéblobesque loli characters like Spider Girl. It's making fun/deriding its audience instead of emotionally manipulating them into feeling "dem feels".

I think that's a pretty shallow way of looking at it (the restrictive heuristics of being an anime fan makes it an easy comparison, though), but either way, the intent of the work shouldn't excuse it from facing the same criticisms that a lesser work would.

See I want to, but making a community OT is just so much work. But then, I'd like a place to discuss Musou in general that isn't KoeiWarriors, because...it's KoeiWarriors.

Oh yeah, so true. I been wanting to do it, but it is just so daunting.

And yeah, KoeiWarriors. It's not a bad place, but reading those posts....

Articalys

Ghibli's From Up On Poppy Hill lost out to Walt Disney Animation Studios's Wreck-It Ralph at the 40th Annual Annie Awards on Saturday. Both pictures were nominated in the Writing in an Animated Feature Production category.

Wreck-It Ralph won five categories overall: Best Animated Feature, Best Directing, Music, Voice Acting and Best Writing in an Animated Feature. The movie featured the song "Sugar Rush," by Japanese idol group AKB48. The group's founder, Yasushi Akimoto, won the Music in an Animated Feature Production category for his work on the song, alongside Henry Jackman, Skrillex, Adam Young, Matthew Thiessen, and Jamie Houston.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-02-03/wreck-it-ralph-beats-ghibli-poppy-hill-in-annies

Finally, we have a link between AKB48 and Skrillex.

I'm sorry, if you watched Hyouka 09 and your only takeway from it was that: a) nothing happened; and b) Chitanda got drunk, then you're most likely watching the wrong show and need to just stop torturing yourself. I'm saying this in all seriousness and with no snark whatsoever.

I'm sure they learned a lot about the movie in this episode and it will all be brought back up in a later episode, but the way they so quickly and effortlessly disprove their theories makes it all seem kinda pointless and drawn out.
Hyouka's strengths are in it's background art, and when it gets confined to mostly one room for a whole episode, I get a little agitated.
And just let me say that I like the show so far, but some episodes can be a real drag.

zeroshiki

I'm sure they learned a lot about the movie in this episode and it will all be brought back up in a later episode, but the way they so quickly and effortlessly disprove their theories makes it all seem kinda pointless and drawn out.
Hyouka's strengths are in it's background art, and when it gets confined to mostly one room for a whole episode, I get a little agitated.
And just let me say that I like the show so far, but some episodes can be a real drag.

I personally got a kick out of them discussing classic mystery tropes and dismissing them as plausible/implausible. I felt that the episode encouraged the viewers to play along and think with the characters as to what could or could not have been possible. Its very meta in that there's the mystery and then there's the added layer of thinking WITH the author.

I agree with the no payoff up to that point though.

You were missing a source or any sort of details, and not a single person had commented about it yet, so I figured it was worth reposting.

Yeah, I didn't mean that post in the "you're late" kind of way. I was just commenting on what the thing was apparently about since I had no idea.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I feel the need to point out that Secret Base was a famous song BEFORE AnoHana :p

They just co-opted it for the anime.
It's a better version though!

Speaking of this, why hasn't Thoraxes gifted Mitsuho with the true end yet? It's one of our finest traditions.
Best end.

You have that shit on the clipboard at all times, don't you? :p
Of course. :D

You're right. I skipped that part. It was covered in 2008 by the seiyuu unit "Friends" and used as an ED for that show.
Well, they weren't really a real unit. It was just the cast of the show singing the song... and you know, even though Kobayashi is one of the singers, their version isn't that great. 6 people is too much for that song, especially if they're almost randomly switching off lines.

Dresden

Lots of normal people watch anime. The problem arises in that not many are buying it.

I wonder at that, since less people seems to be watching it as well. Outside of Sazae-san or Chibi Maruko-chan, ratings have gone down across the board, even for the popular mainstays like One Piece or Detective Conan, and that's just in the last ten years.

I personally got a kick out of them discussing classic mystery tropes and dismissing them as plausible/implausible. I felt that the episode encouraged the viewers to play along and think with the characters as to what could or could not have been possible. Its very meta in that there's the mystery and then there's the added layer of thinking WITH the author.

I agree with the no payoff up to that point though.

Maybe I'd enjoy it more if I actually knew how to understand Japanese instead of having to read lines upon lines of subs. And this episode specifically will probably be better in retrospect when I finish this arc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom