• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -5| This is stupid, kayos90 sucks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I will say that out of the idol shows I've seen the CGI models for the dance routines are the least offensive.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Tamako Market 03

8/10 :sdburtons

Indeed, the :sdburton is quite high.

TMarket3_02_zpsc7703d54.jpg

BluWacky

As a bit of a change from Japanese sales figures, the blog for AlltheAnime reveals last years top sellers in the UK - with approximate numbers.

Good lord, those sales make me a little sad.

Particularly that Origin is still selling so well! I mean, sure, every time I saw it in shops I always thought about how great the film looked, but...

Brazil said:
Wait, what? The Deoxys film was released only last year in the UK? Like, movie 7?

It's worth noting that the Black and White films also came out last year, which are apparently movie 14? So there's no real rhyme nor reason to the release schedule.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
It's worth noting that the Black and White films also came out last year, which are apparently movie 14? So there's no real rhyme nor reason to the release schedule.

And movie 7 outsold it by such a huge margin? That's even more bizarre.

Jintor

C'mon, guys. That's 5/10 :SDBurtons at most. We need to stand up for true :SDBurton, not lower our standards.

I have multiple :SDBurton scales though. Tamako Market is only operating on the pure :SDBurton scale, but if you cut it with some high-grade doujins or the seedier side of the legal distribution channels you can hit the megaton :sdburton scale

Mitsuho

Banned
Ohaiyo!

Speaking of this, why hasn't Thoraxes gifted Mitsuho with the true end yet? It's one of our finest traditions.

Best end or true end? I'll wait for Thoraxes to wake up. Google says Kimi ga Kureta Mono was an ED te-ma for Fairy Tail too.

it sounds great. She's very pretty. I'm a sucker for series involving Sengoku era characters, or references and the such. I'll let you know when I check it out. :)

Haganai isn't that genre. I don't watch many historical ones... Haven't seen Sengoku Basara... Aoi Bungaku is on my to-watch list tho. Closest thing I've seen is Ikkitousen but I'd be remiss to recommend that to you as a period piece. Seen some warring states ones tho.

AnoHana stopped being dorama for me and turned into a comedy when they answered the burning question of why can't Menma interact with the others with
Ghost Writer

Yadomi is a dim bulb. The first time she moved something or touched Anjou/Hisakawa there should have been an illuminating moment. For the sake of conflict!

Theonik

I have no idea how she could stand like that.
Your next line will be "Jojo jokes are too obvious"

I wonder at that, since less people seems to be watching it as well. Outside of Sazae-san or Chibi Maruko-chan, ratings have gone down across the board, even for the popular mainstays like One Piece or Detective Conan, and that's just in the last ten years.
It's probably an effect of anime trying to increasingly appeal more and more to the Otaku.

Well in the UK you hardly hear reports on TV show sales. All they care about are the viewing figures. So yeah, it's not even a Japanese exclusive thing.
Yeah the only real pivotal difference here is that for UK or US shows home releases are just extra money on the sides, whereas with anime they make almost nothing from TV and expect to make back costs on the home releases. Especially for studios like KyoAni that invest their own money on their shows.

sonicmj1

Hataraki Man 5

As others have mentioned, this episode does a great job of developing Mayu's character. It's not without its weaknesses (I agree that the resolution is a bit neat, even more than last week), but it still does a great job of showing us her passions and the things she struggles with.

iB2PVviNPKdb0.jpg

As part of the early development of the episode, the show shows us that Mayu stuffs her face with sweets when she's upset. It's a childish habit that plays directly into what we might expect of her character, but man, things like this should have shown up in Psycho-Pass about 10 episodes ago. They make a huge difference.

Part of the episode sort of goes out of its way to show how competent Hiro is, but by contrasting her with Mayu, we also learn a lot about the latter's inexperience. Hiro finds a way to give up some of the parts of her job she enjoys the most in order to follow the company line, and hopefully get a leg up somewhere else. Mayu isn't ready to accept that sort of compromise yet. Unfortunately, her passion only takes her so far. We could easily imagine Hiro having learned the same hard lessons in her early years with the Jidai.

The moral of the story, as usual, is that workers had better find a way to align their motivations with whatever the company considers best, or misery is inevitable.

QUEEN BLADE REBELLION TV - 06

i'm actually liking this turn of events.

Now the pirate girl everyone had forgotten arrives at the worst moment to mess things up.
This armor is really the worse " broken " weapon i've seen in a while.

Not to mention that now it's broken i'll have no more climaxing in fights every 2 secs !
We're back to regular Qb adventures !

cajunator

Banned
Tamako Market 02

I deem the :sdburton levels adequate. I really love how nobody really appears to care much about the talking bird.

The bird is silly and weird. I kind of like him but not really.

Indeed, the :sdburton is quite high.

the :Cajun is off the charts though.

Ohaiyo!

Best end or true end? I'll wait for Thoraxes to wake up. Google says Kimi ga Kureta Mono was an ED te-ma for Fairy Tail too.

Ohohohohho
This is a very SPECIAL ending!

Mitsuho

Banned
Ohohohohho
This is a very SPECIAL ending!

I'm still in the dark about what you're all talking about. Guess I need to read the other adaptations and watch some old music videos before I can catch it.

I also haven't seen Medaka Box either. Social in-joke acceptance meter is cry.

Ixion Saga DT 17
tumblr_mhnrtonAjZ1qm3v42o3_500.jpg
tumblr_mhnrtonAjZ1qm3v42o5_500.jpg

Another episode and another nekkid Kon. Really good episode with the brother antics too going on. I wish we got a few more answers though. Variation still the best of incognito.

QUEEN BLADE REBELLION TV - 07
Queen%27s%20Blade%20Rebellion%20-%2007.jpg

Is that trolling ? are you trolling me ? i never thought you were right anyway.

That's some stupid flashback.
I guess mirim had a freaking good reason to believe after all , now that i saw the status of her familly, her pathetic attempts all made kinda sense. The problem now is that if she fights again i'll have to tone down the volume again.

The china girls are back and are now in the party despite the entry condition being high this might be good i guess even if we never saw them fight too much..
Ymir must be a freaking great strategist to manage to do that. and why did she just turn around the soldiers like that ? technology , willpower ?Explain your stuff , lol

I have now no idea how things will turn out since they managed to solve the first part problems already.

Off to the next episode !

QUEEN BLADE REBELLION TV - 08

2 Things :
Queen%27s%20Blade%20Rebellion%20-%2008.jpg

good question
Robots can use saunas it seems !

Why the hell do they have a sauna in a little house in the middle of the woods ?

That's like the best summoning method ever !

mAcOdIn

Alright, so I finished up Rocket Girls just now. It was actually a really good show. Had to have been for me to go through 12 episodes in one day, so I really recommend it.

In the end it's hard to say it was exceptional at anything or that it was extremely thought provoking or anything of the sort but aside from the one escape scene in the very first episode, and I guess the initial premise itself, I feel it did everything right and was a very solid work. Ended in as good a spot as it could but it's a little sad we wont get to see any more missions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom