• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -5| This is stupid, kayos90 sucks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
QUEEN BLADE REBELLION TV - 09
Queen%27s%20Blade%20Rebellion%20-%2009.jpg

Tsundere ? Yep Tsundere !

A little side story to kick us back into gear with some more info. I guess now with 3episodes left it's time to get back to the regular QB plot ... anyway it was a nice episode with plenty of old cast cameos.. and i was glad that they confirmed to NOT have retconned the other season endings.

Spo for this episode , tsundere + sleeping girls + cameos and 2 perverted stuffed animal demons

A recipe for sucess i think !

Nafe

Switching back to goddess Minako for now but might switch back to Chieri depending on what happens in AKB0048.

---

Sailor Moon 44

Sailor moon 45

Sailor moon 46

Sailor Moon R 01

Since it looks like you haven't noticed yet I'll let you in on some more Sailor Moon trivia that I'm not sure how many people are aware of.

When I watched Episode 44, right away Usagi's voice seemed off to me, like Kotono Mitsuishi had a cold or something. A little bit later into the episode and I was sure it wasn't her. While Usagi sounded pretty similar she definitely sounded different at the same time. I was right and it's not Kotono Mitsuishi voicing Usagi for that episode. In fact she doesn't voice Usagi for the final three episodes of the first Sailor Moon and the first four episodes of Sailor Moon R. Usagi is voiced by Kae Araki instead.

Wondering why Mitsuishi wasn't there I looked it up and apparently she was getting her appendix removed and then subsequently recovering at the time those episodes were produced. The switch over when she comes back to voice Usagi in the fifth episode of Sailor Moon R is again apparent. She then goes on to voice Usagi for the rest of the show. Kae Araki returns just a little bit later in Sailor Moon R as well to voice the character
Chibiusa.

cajunator

Banned
Switching back to goddess Minako for now but might switch back to Chieri depending on what happens in AKB0048.

---

Since it looks like you haven't noticed yet I'll let you in on some more Sailor Moon trivia that I'm not sure how many people are aware of.

When I watched Episode 44, right away Usagi's voice seemed off to me, like Kotono Mitsuishi had a cold or something. A little bit later into the episode and I was sure it wasn't her. While Usagi sounded pretty similar she definitely sounded different at the same time. I was right and it's not Kotono Mitsuishi voicing Usagi for that episode. In fact she doesn't voice Usagi for the final three episodes of the first Sailor Moon and the first four episodes of Sailor Moon R. Usagi is voiced by Kae Araki instead.

Wondering why Mitsuishi wasn't there I looked it up and apparently she was getting her appendix removed and then subsequently recovering at the time those episodes were produced. The switch over when she comes back to voice Usagi in the fifth episode of Sailor Moon R is again apparent. She then goes on to voice Usagi for the rest of the show. Kae Araki returns just a little bit later in Sailor Moon R as well to voice the character
Chibiusa.

I did notice something a bit off about her voice. I like the new one better.
Didn't really think much about it being a different person though.

Cwarrior

Looks like a cam of a longer Harlcok movie trailer has been leaked: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5ajE792BYg

There's actually Japanese dialogue in this one, so it was probably screened for investors/distributors.

Huh the cg...doesn't look like ass in fact it looks visual works good.

According to the news source Oricon, this film has Toei Animation's highest production budget ever at the equivalent of over 30 million U.S. dollars.

I can see this being a huge bomb for toei But I hope the Saint seiya CG movie looks as good, when does that come out anyways? it feels like a very long time ago it was announced.

Gintama 60

Welp, this arc rock. shit just got real, why I don't watch this sooner.

Gintama 61

Oh my god, what a great arc.
I liked what their textbooks or whatever represented. Holding onto the past saved both Katsura and Takasugi but when Katsura brought it up to Gintoki, he so easily admitted having gotten rid of it forever ago. Whether it's true or not remains to be seen but damn if it didn't fit his character.

I should just live with the fact I will never make it to this arc :(

Overarching story so so far way.

Jubern

Fafner : Heaven and Earth (2011)

I kind of liked it... Which was always my appraisal of the series. I really like the setting, the characterization and the fight, but I'm pretty much lost whenever they talk seriously about what the fuck is supposed to be going on.

Also, while the last battle was nice, I pretty much lost track of who died and who didn't. I'm especially confused about
Kenji and Sakura's fate. I noticed at some point that Kenji just wasn't there anymore, and as for Sakura she also "disappeared" after crashing on the ship.

I'm planning on watching some of the series included in the next Super Robot Wars and that was part of the effort. I started to watch Linebarrels but didn't found it very good. Switched to the manga and like it quite a bit better, which is good for me I suppose since said SRW game is supposedly adapting the manga (only with anime designs and voices/bgm).

Beside that I got my hands on Demonbane, SD Gundam Brave Warrior, Heroman, Mazinkaizer SKL and Wings of Rean and don't really know what to watch. To be quite honest, none of this looks terribly appealing to me, Super Robot Wars UX has such a fucking weird cast :x

cajunator

Banned
What is Allison & Lillia about exactly? Some kind of aviation story?
It's one of those shows that just never made it onto my radar.
Looks like it's on TAN and Hulu.

Its actually a bit similar to Last Exile with two warring sides (although mainly in peacetime right now) and is about adventures that the characters have during the time. Its not really a complex show. It can be really slow sometimes so I would recommend watching a few episodes at a time. Its well worth a watch though.

Milamber

Its actually a bit similar to Last Exile with two warring sides (although mainly in peacetime right now) and is about adventures that the characters have during the time. Its not really a complex show. It can be really slow sometimes so I would recommend watching a few episodes at a time. Its well worth a watch though.

I quit halfway cause of that
JoJo-esque timeskip
, maybe I should finish it.

Tamako Market 3
0ii9PFZ.png

would wood.
See this is what this show needs. Wait, I mean this. Shiori's introduction was the first solid character intro since the bird, though maybe it's because I can relate to her so well. The main problem I've had with this show so far is that it takes the idea of a slice of life to a fault where we're left following a bunch of characters we don't really know anything of. I'm sure the whole point of the show is that you will learn to love the characters of the market through the bird, but it doesn't make a very interesting first few episodes. But with that said, the show is really on the up and up with this episode, I hope it continues in this direction.
Hopefully with Midori next time.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I quit halfway cause of that
JoJo-esque timeskip
, maybe I should finish it.
It's the exact same story despite the shift (it's right in the title, so...).

Funny enough, it's another one of those "guy is super dense until the very end" shows now that I think about it. lol

Crunchyroll got Straight Title Robot Anime

Hark! Crunchyroll has added yet another new title to its winter simulcast lineup! Straight Title Robot Anime, the first series to be produced using MikuMikuDance software will be available for viewing every Wednesday, starting on February 6, 2013 at 8:45a.m. Pacific Time for premium members, and February 13 for free members.

The story is centered on three robots in the year Mobile Century 8013, a time when humanity has already been wiped out but remaining military robots continue to fight. Three robots, Fuji, Katō, and Mori, stand up to try and put an end to this war that has been going on for over seven millennia.

Straight Title Robot Anime will be available to Crunchyroll’s audience worldwide, except for Japan.

The show page will be up soon at www.crunchyroll.com/robotanime

Kazzy

Tamako Market 3

The main problem I've had with this show so far is that it takes the idea of a slice of life to a fault where we're left following a bunch of characters we don't really know anything of.

Hopefully with Midori next time.

Make your mind up! We've already had a Midori-centric episode, so it would be going against your desire to see the ensemble better developed, wouldn't it?
And besides, Kanna is the best.

And you never commented on the music, which for me was the highlight.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
OK. Steroyd is officially inside my head or I am inside his. I come home, watch Puchimas and see the scene I want to gif. I refresh the thread and see he's beaten me to the punch yet again.

iO8j1iN9snmMR.gif

Jex

Hataraki Man 5

Ugh, a rather small blemish on what was an otherwise excellent episode about learning to deal with crushed hopes and expectations thanks to a cold, uncaring workplace. The way they effectively managed to develop Mayu as a character in such a short period of time was utterly fantastic to watch.

This is really one of the shows best assets. By the time the series wraps you do feel like you understand many members of the office despite the fact that they have so few episodes to work with.

Make your mind up! We've already had a Midori-centric episode, so it would be going against your desire to see the ensemble better developed, wouldn't it?
And besides, Kanna is the best.

And you never commented on the music, which for me was the highlight.

I think you are confusing two completely different trains of thought here.
And I'm sure you know that.

And I'm pretty sure I mentioned I liked the music when I watched an earlier episode, so I didn't feel like reiterating it.

QUEEN BLADE REBELLION TV - 10 aka My female harem lead is enjoying her harem

I wasn't aware that Qb would have went for the harem route and i'm really surprised
Queen%27s%20Blade%20Rebellion%20-%2010_01.jpg

And she is enjoying it even !!
Queen%27s%20Blade%20Rebellion%20-%2010_02.jpg

That's a given when everyone in the show is female but still reaching this level of blodness is quite intresting.
Heck even the housewife already know about it ..

Still silly , still fun to watch .. viva queen blade !

Jex

This is pretty weird. It seems 1-2 hours ago all of Japanese news sites were carrying article which says Toho has delayed the release of Takahata's Kaguya-hime film to Fall 2013, while Miyazaki's film remains on track for Summer. But now all the sites have been pulled. Misinformation? Leak?

??????????????????????????????????

Miyazaki doesn't call Takahata 'the sloth' for nothing. He's famous for such production delays.

Kazzy

I think you are confusing two completely different trains of thought here.
And I'm sure you know that.

And I'm pretty sure I mentioned I liked the music when I watched an earlier episode, so I didn't feel like reiterating it.

Hm, your images suggest that you were referring to the central group. Still, there is other things that I would rather see the show focus on, other than Midori.

God damn. On one hand, those sales are painfully low. On the other hand, Origins, really?

I thought the exact same thing, but then the realization hit me, I bought it too!

DiGiKerot

God damn. On one hand, those sales are painfully low. On the other hand, Origins, really?

Some of those sales actually sound pretty good given the size of the market and some of the rumblings you here out of the US. It does start to put the issues with releasing BD disks, and the issues with minimum disk orders, into some context though.

As far as Origin goes, if I'm remembering right from the industry panel at MCM Expo last October (or it might have been the live MangaUK podcast recording, I forget), I think the UK might actually be the worlds biggest market for the movie, else the second biggest at least.

The thing to bear in mind is that, for a few years now, it's been permanently at "sale" prices, and is quite frequently end-capped at the likes of HMV, so it gets a lot of eyes on it when other anime titles might not. Purely from the packaging point of view, it looks like something that'd go down easy for someone who only has experience of anime through Ghibli as well, which combined with the price, likely results in a lot of casual purchases purely out of curiosity.

The same is true of The Girl Who Leapt Through Time, to an extent at least, though I'm going to imagine that's a better movie than Origin is. Last I heard, TGwLTTs lifetime sales was somewhere in the 70,000+ region, which is pretty great given the size of the market.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom