• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -5| This is stupid, kayos90 sucks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Instro

Psycho Pass 15

Wow, name dropping Phillip Dick and Blade Runner. How meta. I've really been enjoying this show for the last 2 months or so, its totally silly but very exciting as well.

Kazzy

Considering the absolute lack of sympathetic characters in Eva, gravitating towards Asuka is pretty natural. Unless you're one of those kuudere freaks.

I currently include her amongst them. But as I've mentioned, I'm very much aware that I still have the majority still to come. As such, some of these thoughts will likely appear hilariously short-sighted to those in the know (ie everyone). And I'd usually wait until I finished before writing my impressions on the show, but for something like this, with the debate it often sparks (coupled with the fact that I'm unspoiled), means that I'm curious to see how I react to developments. If nothing else, I'll be able to see if hindsight affects those earlier perceptions.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
[Neon Genesis Evangelion] - 8-10

Apart from Asuka's introduction, nothing much has really happened. In which case, I guess these past few episodes could be lazily classed as filler. Though, so long as that includes synchronized dancing robots, it's fine by me! But in all seriousness, it has gone some way into establishing the dichotomy between the three pilots. Asuka being brash and somewhat arrogant. Shinji is, well, Shinji, and Rei doesn't seem to really care much about any of it. That said, I would be shocked if some sort of triangle doesn't occur at some point. A real weird one, but one nonetheless.
This arc with the monster of the week formula is mainly set up for what's gonna happen next. It may seem like filler right now, but it builds up for a purpose later on. Actual spoilers for later:
you gotta build it first if you wanna destroy it bit by bit

zeroshiki

I currently include her amongst them. But as I've mentioned, I'm very much aware that I still have the majority still to come. As such, some of these thoughts will likely appear hilariously short-sighted to those in the know (ie everyone). And I'd usually wait until I finished before writing my impressions on the show, but for something like this, with the debate it often sparks (coupled with the fact that I'm unspoiled), means that I'm curious to see how I react to developments. If nothing else, I'll be able to see if hindsight affects those earlier perceptions.

I'd have welcomed Kirito in Eva or something. These people needed to lighten up some.

Kazzy

This arc with the monster of the week formula is mainly set up for what's gonna happen next. It may seem like filler right now, but it builds up for a purpose later on. Actual spoilers for later:
you gotta build it first if you wanna destroy it bit by bit

Yeah, and that comment was sort of tongue-in-cheek to begin with, because stuff did happen. It was just a notable shift in focus from the earlier episodes. Though I welcome a respite from gloomy Shinji, definitely.

Ah! Almost forgot that spoilers don't stay that way when you quote them!

CorvoSol

Anime GAF, there are 17 episodes left for me to watch Gundam AGE. I don't know if I can do it. It's such a terrible show. I really hate how stereotypical it is, too. Like, women are ALWAYS getting talked down to. They either exist to 1)be yelled at by an Asuno, 2)fucked by an Asuno, or 3) killed by an Asuno. And like, the fat guy is ALWAYS a mechanic. Like you have to be in top physical condition to sit in a chair and pull a joy-stick.

And the last episode I watched literally explained away the fact that the military doesn't mass-produce Gundams is because they were JEALOUS of the Asuno family technology.

WHEN HAS A MILITARY EVER HAD A SUPER AWESOME WEAPON THEY DIDN'T MASS PRODUCE?

This'd be like if Soviets had chosen not to build Nuclear weapons because they were jealous that Americans had them first.

It's so . . . dumb.

Kids on the slope 1

Pretty good start. Kaoru is pretty cool as well as Sentaro. I hope their budding friendship continues to be heavily emphasized in numerous scenes. Easily the initial scene upon meeting Sentaro and the tenderly grasping kaoru's hand as hes bathed majestically in the ray of light was the best scene.
Followed by the sudden quick piano session at the girls shop. If only it were longer.

Personally not the type of music Id like in such an anime...but on the piano it did sound interesting. Hopefully we avoid the drum only moments.

Anime GAF, there are 17 episodes left for me to watch Gundam AGE. I don't know if I can do it. It's such a terrible show. I really hate how stereotypical it is, too. Like, women are ALWAYS getting talked down to. They either exist to 1)be yelled at by an Asuno, 2)fucked by an Asuno, or 3) killed by an Asuno. And like, the fat guy is ALWAYS a mechanic. Like you have to be in top physical condition to sit in a chair and pull a joy-stick.

And the last episode I watched literally explained away the fact that the military doesn't mass-produce Gundams is because they were JEALOUS of the Asuno family technology.

This'd be like if Soviets had chosen not to build Nuclear weapons because they were jealous that Americans had them first.

It's so . . . dumb.

You can do it! You've gone too far now to stop.

It's so . . . dumb.

A brave junior recently managed to do it.
You can either :
-drop it now and miss the explanation why the war exist ( this one is ...[REDACTED] )
-continue and witness a gundam anime at his lowest point possible.

And yes the diva captain in part 3 is something i wouldn't have expected a mecha anime to do ..

wonzo

Banned
little busters 17

lb17.jpg

Wait, not only do they live in a world without basic Child Protection Services but they don't even have FUCKING DNA TESTS? God fuck I am just so fucking AAAAAAAAA

frankgrimes.gif

It's so . . . dumb.

You don't have to keep going. Your sanity should come first, and too much Gundam AGE can have an adverse effect on that. Maybe you've gotten enough out of the show already.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Apparently this is the full version of Daisuki na no ni, Zetsuen no Tempest OP2, that aired on some radio station. Full version comes out later but this is not bad. Some stupid talking in the middle and the pitch is raised to avoid youtube. lolz.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHKubZZGbvE

EDIT:

I also grabbed this from MangaGAF. I hope that you will use it well.

SFUzyNQ.png

CorvoSol

You can do it! You've gone too far now to stop.

A brave junior recently managed to do it.
You can either :
-drop it now and miss the explanation why the war exist ( this one is ...[REDACTED] )
-continue and witness a gundam anime at his lowest point possible.

And yes the diva captain in part 3 is something i wouldn't have expected a mecha anime to do ..

You don't have to keep going. Your sanity should come first, and too much Gundam AGE can have an adverse effect on that. Maybe you've gotten enough out of the show already.

You're right. I've wasted too much of my precious time to quit now. I have to see this bull through to the end. I'd watch it twice if Hino promised to never do anything ever again.

zeroshiki

You're right. I've wasted too much of my precious time to quit now. I have to see this bull through to the end. I'd watch it twice if Hino promised to never do anything ever again.

Hell if he did, I'd watch it as many times he wanted. I'd even buy the BD box.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Thanks! I'll eventually have lots of praise to heap on Futari wa, I just can't stop this train long enough to write anything. I'm already halfway through.

See I'm gonna stop writing impressions because I can just use that time to watch more episodes. :lol

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Found this while browsing Tumblr:
According to Sanspo News, Kochi City Police has arrested a 40 year old secretary of Japan Ground Self Defence Force at Zentsuji Post for stealing stamp sets of Precure All Stars New Stage 2: Kokoro no Tomodachi. He allegedly stole the stamp set placed at a convenience store for the stamp collecting competition. After stealing the set, he went to another convenience store and took a picture of the Precure stamp set there. When the store owner asked him not to take a photo, he attempted to take the stamp away. He accepted the charge and confessed that he loves Precure.
Srs bsns

[Neon Genesis Evangelion] - 8-10

New character time! Asuka seems to have the right idea, she's off to a good start! Though this may very well become an ironic statement, it is refreshing to have a Evangelion pilot who isn't, you know, horribly detached (at least for the time-being). That said she is also fairly obnoxious from the beginning, and I can't help but feel that we're not really supposed to like her all that much. After-all, she is positioned as the exotic foreigner, with all the requisite cultural differences that entails. And needlessly berating Shinji at almost every opportunity?
Yeah, she totally digs the submissive waif.
Oh, that shaky German accent is shaky!
YOU TAKE THAT BACK

Episode 9 is my favorite of the series. Absolutely love that one. : )
Dance like you want to win!

-Minsc-

Gintama 1-2

hPFTico.jpg

This is a show I've been meaning to watch for a very long time. While I've been hearing that this doesn't get to its prime until episode 30~ or so, there was quite a bit of charm in this (technically) first episode. Plus I'm a devout worshiper of Rie Kugimiya, so I think I can watch this for another 200+ episodes.

Welcome brother.

You'll have more than your fill of Kugimiya. Many consider Kagura to be her best role.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
So anyways:

School Days 5 & 6

We start of with a lighthearted full-on ecchi Chet ep, with bikini clad breasts everywhere. Makoto is still forcing this awkward relationship before
confessing to Sekai.
Of course this would be fine, if he would just own the fuck up and
break it off with Katsura
. Get your shit together Makoto! You don't have the required experience to handle one on the side. I takes more than just time management and appearances - you have to actually coddle her and enjoy yourself too. You are not ready... but still he thinks he can put his problems off to the side, and just ignore
Katsura
, and carry on with his public displays of affection. At first, you had my sympathy, but now you're just a turd. Dumber than even Sekai admits. And the way
Katsura
stood up to the girls in class for you suddenly? You don't deserve a girl as tender and strong willed as she is. You know... once you break her in, she is probably a hundred times hornier than Sekai leads you on to be. You can get a girl like Katsura addicted to sex quite easily. Now if you could only improve her cooking skills...

On to episode 6, suddenly the entire mood is different and everyone appears tense and anxious... and that ominous sound at the end of the episode... the fuck? It can't be that bad.

trejo

Yeah, it kind of was. I'm going to watch Pale Cacoon first and then move on to Time of Eve.

Are you going to go through some sort of Yasuhiro Yoshiura marathon? If so, make sure to watch Aquatic Language first. It's kinda like a proto Time of Eve and shares a number of ideas with it. It's pretty interesting.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
So anyways:

School Days 5 & 6

We start of with a lighthearted full-on ecchi Chet ep, with bikini clad breasts everywhere. Makoto is still forcing this awkward relationship before
confessing to Sekai.
. Get your shit together Makoto! You don't have the required experience to handle one on the side. I takes more than just time management and appearances - you have to actually coddle her and enjoy yourself too. You are not ready... but still he thinks he can put his problems off to the side, and just ignore
Katsura
, and carry on with his public displays of affection. At first, you had my sympathy, but now you're just a turd. Dumber than even Sekai admits. And the way
Katsura
stood up to the girls in class for you suddenly? You don't deserve a girl as tender and strong willed as she is. You know... once you break her in, she is probably a hundred times hornier than Sekai leads you on to be. You can get a girl like Katsura addicted to sex quite easily. Now if you could only improve her cooking skills...

On to episode 6, suddenly the entire mood is different and everyone appears tense and anxious... and that ominous sound at the end of the episode... the fuck? It can't be that bad.

Oh... it begins.....

It's true, but people don't understand the beauty of wife appeal (Ultima pay attention). The reality is that Saori's appeal is almost entirely in her perfect wife potential. Saori could make you dinner, tend to your emotional needs, and rear as many children as you could ever want. She could be your one and only woman, but when you just want to fuck, you would obviously use one of your mistresses. Ideally someone younger and tighter like your girlfriend's daughter, or your niece. The problem is you can't take your niece home and have her make you a meat and potato stew for dinner and then eggs in the morning. That's why Saori is the best out of the GuP team.

Syrinx

So anyways:

School Days 5 & 6

confessing to Sekai.
Katsura
Katsura

You have officially reached the point of no return.

The lack of evidence not prove your claim.

Not in a finite discrete set.

It is possible to know all the people who watched it so far, then if the result is the same of all of them, the point is true in the current state

Which does not means that new initial conditions (new viewers) wouldn't change the outcome

So technically, he is right right now.

(But I agree that empirical statements can be objected)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom