• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -5| This is stupid, kayos90 sucks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Not in a finite discrete set.

It is possible to know all the people who watched it so far, then if the result is the same of all of them, the point is true in the current state

Which does not means that new initial conditions (new viewers) wouldn't change the outcome

So technically, he is right right now.

False cause.

Nafe

Are you going to go through some sort of Yasuhiro Yoshiura marathon? If so, make sure to watch Aquatic Language first. It's kinda like a proto Time of Eve and shares a number of ideas with it. It's pretty interesting.

Yeah, I'm going through the different shows he's worked on. I've recently watched and commented on Aquatic Language in this post earlier.

Syrinx

I had a thought the other day about School Days (I should probably have a doctor look at that): was anybody here actually watching that show as it was airing? Like, on a week-to-week basis? If not, was anybody in a community where people were posting impressions as it was airing? What was that like?

I had a thought the other day about School Days (I should probably have a doctor look at that): was anybody here actually watching that show as it was airing? Like, on a week-to-week basis? If not, was anybody in a community where people were posting impressions as it was airing? What was that like?

I watched it as it aired. You can't get more hardcore than that. Agonizing over the course of the week wondering which ending they are going to go with. Thinking "there is no way they can top what they did last week. No one would be that sick and twisted surely", and each time they manage to top themselves.

zeroshiki

I watched it weekly. No I wasn't posting on forums then. I remember how blogs would gush about it though and I thought there must have been something wrong because I was watching what in my view, was a crime to humanity.

Syrinx

I watched it weekly. No I wasn't posting on forums then. I remember how blogs would gush about it though and I thought there must have been something wrong because I was watching what in my view, was a crime to humanity.

WWWWHHHHHAAAAATTTTT????!!!!!!!!

Were they high? If ever there was an anime that shouldn't have had people gushing about it, it's School Days.

zeroshiki

Were they high? If ever there was an anime that shouldn't have had people gushing about it, it's School Days.

I went through alot of anime watching phases.

- The its anime so I'll watch it whatever it is, phase (late 90's early 2000's)
- I'll try everything, read recommendations and watch those phase (mid to late 2000's)
- The monocle phase (AnimeGaf time)

CorvoSol

Gundam AGE 34

So we're presented at last with an interesting set up. Flit being forced to fight
his son
. Except that, of course, rather than allow Flit to grow in any way, mommy sends the Vagan to prevent that from happening.

That's right, 34 episodes into this series, the author pulls the EXACT SAME BS he pulled 4 episodes in. Oh, and I don't even remember who gothic loli girl's family member was that killed her, because Xehanort being in this plot makes no sense anymore anyway, since all he does now is brood, in spite of the character development he underwent in the 2nd arc.

This show is so awful. It's like it intentionally ignores every opportunity to be interesting at all.

firehawk12

Subete no aware

School days is a masterpiece of storytelling.
A most incredible love story.

But it's a good show. I'd even dare say it's an important show.

Cajun and Regulus are right!

Syrinx

But it's a good show. I'd even dare say it's an important show.

I won't disagree with the important part. It's a great case study in the trolling tendencies/potential madness in anime writers/directors. Though I suppose the super-fucked up VN that I intend to avoid like a plague-infected bear turd did these things first.

cajunator

Banned

- I'll try everything, read recommendations and watch those phase (mid to late 2000's)

Im around phase 2.
Probably stuck there.

Syrinx

When does one reach the "Anime is teh sux" phase?

Thoraxes, bro? Are you still here?
You need to give the link to the true end of AnoHana to Mitsuho.

Stuck foverer in phase 1 .____.

No Fire Emblem today, gonna watch more Gintama.

zeroshiki

When does one reach the "Anime is teh sux" phase?

When you turn into 7th

That's monocle tier.

I'm not really hardcore monocle but I like to think I have taste.

I don't think its possible to be in phase 1 nowadays anymore. This was during a time when anime was rare and getting something, anything, was like manna from the heavens. Ask the old farts like Enron or Ryuukan how it was like back then.

cajunator

Banned
Thoraxes, bro? Are you still here?
You need to give the link to the true end of AnoHana to Mitsuho.

I think hes rather busy doing artistically important things such as COMPOSING MUSIC PROFESSIONALLY CAUSE HE IS AWESOME.

Mitsuho

Banned
Haganai 10-12 END

The first half of 12 was a waste. Review episode. Second half, even in a vacuum of all other information, screamed a second cour is coming.

Short hair > Long hair
Cosplay > Seifuku

Articalys

A web anime for 4-koma series Cyclops Shoujo Saipu is coming in mid-March.
Note: series does not involve actual cyclopses, just a girl whose hairstyle covers one of her eyes.
When Fuuka hit her second year of middle school, puberty kicked in. Now she's really tall and has huge boobs. Due to her hairstyle, her classmates call her "Saipu," after the cyclops. Her affection for her older brother was cute when she was a little girl and said she wanted to marry him. Now it just freaks him out, since she's decided she's adult enough to follow through on her childish promises. This 4-koma style manga is the story of the life of this cyclops girl!

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Including no avatar in the rapid changing is what pushes it over the edge.

Honestly, I'm surprised that anyone keeps track of anyone else's avatar habits. Maybe it's because I almost never post outside of this thread, but I've never felt the need to maintain a particular visual association with my posts.

I think that I was actually more of a snob before I joined AnimeGAF. Of course, I was an joke of a snob in college who refused to watch anything "moe" while believing SHAFT to be high art, so while I'm much more critical of what I watch now, I'll try just about anything without preconceptions.

CorvoSol

Mobile Suit Gundam AGE 35

Ugh, really? We're going back to that barely mentioned and never explained feud to suddenly conjure up the source of the Vagan's power and also to make a useless boblium to fight over?

Like, really? The Vagan couldn't develop their own weapons because . . . ? It can't be a lack of resources, as they've been pumping these things out for almost a century now, and it can't be a lack of engineering geniuses, since their mechagodzillas look nothing like the Zakus and Doms employed by the Euba and Zalam, who were supposed to be carrying on this whole Colony War thing.

So uh, why did the Vagan need these ancient, crappy weapons at all? Why does anybody need a trove of mecha that are by all means outdated, rusted, and useless now? None of the weapons previously used could match Flit's big penis, I mean genius anyway. So WHY IS THIS IMPORTANT?

School Days, then Girls und Panzer. The last two episodes of GuP haven't even aired yet.

But iti will take me more than 2 weeks to catch up anyway. Because I watch 2 episode/day (except weekend) and I still have 5 Jojo ep late + I'm following Senran Kagura.

So basically it will be 1ep + Jojo/Senran day. So I wouldn't have to wait.

But anyway, 1 School Days - Girls und Panzer 0.

First to 5 ^^

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Mobile Suit Gundam AGE 35

Ugh, really? We're going back to that barely mentioned and never explained feud to suddenly conjure up the source of the Vagan's power and also to make a useless boblium to fight over?

Like, really? The Vagan couldn't develop their own weapons because . . . ?

Why do you do this to yourself man?

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Honestly, I'm surprised that anyone keeps track of anyone else's avatar habits. Maybe it's because I almost never post outside of this thread, but I've never felt the need to maintain a particular visual association with my posts.
You're not the one who has to read your posts, so that's to be expected. For everyone else, though, the continual loss of visual cues is pretty jarring.

And I want to read your posts! Killing the avatar makes it harder to spot.

CorvoSol

Why do you do this to yourself man?

I have to know. I have to know how awful it can get.

Also, I don't know why Kio is so hated. He's hands down the best of the three Asunos at the moment, because he actually had the balls to call Flit out on his crap. If Asemu could do that, it'd be great, but at the moment he's playing pirate and running away from his daddy issues and abandoning his waifu and hawt sister in the process.

At least Kio called Flit out for his crap.

Mitsuho

Banned

Choosing an avatar is just as important as your MMO character name. For the purposes of here though, isn't there the added dimension of advertising what your watching or currently ranking positively? (As an aside; NeoGAF saves all your past avatars.)

trejo

But iti will take me more than 2 weeks to catch up anyway. Because I watch 2 episode/day (except weekend) and I still have 5 Jojo ep late + I'm following Senran Kagura.

So basically it will be 1ep + Jojo/Senran day. So I wouldn't have to wait.

But anyway, 1 School Days - Girls und Panzer 0.

First to 5 ^^

School Days. I say this only because GuP isn't done yet and not because I harbor any ulterior motives whatsoever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom