• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -5| This is stupid, kayos90 sucks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shergal

Vivid Red 5
-No henshin
-No Docking
-No action

What the fuck, Takamura!? it was going so well too... I hope the show recovers for the next episode and brings back the fun.
Although I can still enjoy the super genkiness of Akane. As for today's featured character, she seems to have an interesting BACKSTORY. My only hope is that the crow is 100% evil and everything is played straight, focusing on style and action.
Last week's episode was so much better storyboarded and animated too... well, I can't expect everyone to be Trigger.

Mandoric

Banned
That makes a bit more sense. I guess they didn't want to use the actual name to avoid looking too much like an advertisement? Us nerds are a cynical bunch or something.

Oh right, OreShura. The references they make there are oddly specific too, but at least the characters are only describing the scenes and not actually re-drawing them. lol

Fans feel clever when they get references, so why not make them happy with some really easy ones?

fertygo

Vivid Red 5
-No henshin
-No Docking
-No action

What the fuck, Takamura!? it was going so well too... I hope the show recovers for the next episode and brings back the fun.
Although I can still enjoy the super genkiness of Akane. As for today's featured character, she seems to have an interesting BACKSTORY. My only hope is that the crow is 100% evil and everything is played straight, focusing on style and action.
Last week's episode was so much better storyboarded and animated too... well, I can't expect everyone to be Trigger.

I thought this episode was Trigger's one, not eps 4.. I guess I got it wrong.

trejo

Psycho Pass 16

Noooooooo!
Not that one dude! What was his name, again
?

I get the feeling I was supposed to be shocked by
the robot boss lady reveal
but I kinda just went "yeah sure, okay" instead.

Robotics;Notes 16

Noooooooo!
Not the lady with the robolegs! What was the point of her character, again
?

I'll tell you if I think
wether Subaru is really dead too or not
if you can beat me in a game of Kill Balad.

Man,
poor side characters no one ever really cared about are getting offed left and right between these two shows.

Mandoric

Banned
Psycho Pass 16

Noooooooo!
Not that one dude! What was his name, again
?

I get the feeling I was supposed to be shocked by
the robot boss lady reveal
but I kinda just went "yeah sure, okay" instead.

Robotics;Notes 16

Noooooooo!
Not the lady with the robolegs! What was the point of her character, again
?

I'll tell you if I think
wether Subaru is really dead too or not
if you can beat me in a game of Kill Balad.

Man,
poor side characters no one ever really cared about are getting offed left and right between these two shows.

Remember when Noitamina was good? Not even Pepperidge Farm does.

Articalys

Vividred Operation 5

So does this kind of confirm that
the Incarnate Engine is drawing power from alternate universes or something like that
?

wonzo

Banned
4chan/jp/ discussion archive on Tomaru (occasional NSFW thumbnails, discussion itself is very NSFW and disturbing)
Part 1 http://archive.foolz.us/jp/thread/2638121/#2639485 (starts halfway through)
Part 2 http://archive.foolz.us/jp/thread/2642768/
"Tomaru: …We’ve got lots of fun ahead of us."

holy fuck. this is true evil

Friends Club 5

Yeah, this show is pretty bland, but I still half-watch/scrub it.
Just read the legitimately great manga instead.

NOT

CANON *waves anal retentive nerd finger around*

firehawk12

Subete no aware
The first season had an obvious Monster Hunter clone, a Sacred Blacksmith parody, and Mecha sex scene between an Eva unit and a Gundam. It's just what the show does.
Fans feel clever when they get references, so why not make them happy with some really easy ones?

Oh hey, I understand nerd pandering. White nerds have been tricked by Community, The Big Bang Theory, and Edgar Wright films for a while now.

I don't know why, but this particular reference just felt way beyond the pale.

Not as bad as this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQYwFND7rHE

But pretty close. lol

Robotics;Notes 16

CYM3fEt.jpg

Yes, some shit went down.

They were probably pretty important too. But, they were mostly left in the dust since there was no real build up towards any of them outside of this episode. I guess at least I want to see the aftermath now too.

Oh hey, I understand nerd pandering. White nerds have been tricked by Community, The Big Bang Theory, and Edgar Wright films for a while now.

I don't know why, but this particular reference just felt way beyond the pale.

Not as bad as this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQYwFND7rHE

But pretty close. lol
I just looked it up, and the Sacred Blacksmith is also a Media Factory book, so this isn't really that different.
Gonna lump Community in with Big Bang Theory huh are ya PUNK
Yeah, Community is a lot worse.

Vividred Operation 5

Wz0Vcmk.jpg

oIm5I5I.jpg

7NmIPk7.jpg

HomuHomu. Rei Rei.

So Reimu
is from some alternate world apparently and signed a contract with Crowby
and it turns out she's not a bad person despite possibly killing people due to her leveling up the Alones. Dull episode overall, hope to see more fights next episode.

Articalys

Speaking of which, Haganai NEXT is definitely moving pretty fast. We'll hit the end of volume 7 for sure; really looking forward to that.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Gonna lump Community in with Big Bang Theory huh are ya PUNK
Your favourite show is shit. SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT. And so on.

Yep, MS is also a major sponsor. Bing it on your Windows 8 Phone!

I just looked it up, and the Sacred Blacksmith is also a Media Factory book, so this isn't really that different.
It's still skeevy either way.

Branduil

Yep, MS is also a major sponsor. Bing it on your Windows 8 Phone!

It's just so unbelievable. I can maybe buy a fat guy singing the praises of Subway, but no one in history has ever said "Bing it" with a straight face.

spice and wolf eps 4

woah stuff is happening. My brain is hurting trying to understand all this silver laundring though.

I told you the first episode gives a false impression of the show.

Articalys

More teasing from Thomas Romain:
@Thomasintokyo said:
Today I work on the live stage design of symphogear 2. BTW the title of the show will not be Symphogear "2". Can't say it yet though
And perhaps a few hints at when shows like Space Dandy will be airing?
@Thomasintokyo said:
Right now I work for an airing show, one for july, one for october and one for january of next year + some project development and stuff.
The airing one is AKB0048 S2, but I forget what all the other stuff he's got lined up is besides SD and Symphgear S2.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
I always end up thinking I'm a boobs man, but shows like Vividred always make me realize my true love for legs and butts.

Its impossible to stry a boobs man, when confronted with such Beauty. Plus once you realize the perfection that is huge ass, flat chest. Its all over. Its only a mater of time before you

Articalys

A few more things from Romain about show production times:
The preproduction of a show (script and first designs) starts around 9 and 12 months before airing in general.

The firsts eps are produced slowly then it accelerates until the end. Episodes are still produced during broadcast of the firsts

Once the storyboard is finished we need 7 weeks to achieve a standard quality ep. Sometimes it can be a lot shorter!

On last year Lupin show. Friends told me they had less than 3 weeks from animation start till airing! Insane even for Japan.

Jex

[Tamako Market] - 5

One thing that I really forgot to mention yesterday when I made my earlier post was that Mochizō feels like your typical neutered male in a KyoAni show. Which is to say that he seems rather unconcerned with things that a typical teenage male is concerned with. To wit, when he fantasies about Tamako we see this:

TM51_zps3fba45f0.jpg

Rather than some kind of erotically charged fantasy. Not that I'd expect to see that in a KyoAni show but it just demonstrates how far removed Mochizō is from any kind of believable teenage boy. There are other signs that Mochizō isn't a particularly realistic character, I mean, just check out his room:

TM52_zpsb728a44b.jpg

Now I don't know how often KyoAni staff have been into the rooms of teenage males but I can assure that the vast, vast majority of them do not look like this. The organisation, the layout, the items he has in there, the train track? They don't seem to have any trouble creating a realistic girls room but this space just doesn't ring true. Where's the mess? The tacky posters? Etc etc.

Still, this wasn't a particularly good episode anyway. The bird, as usual, provided some of the best scenes in the episode but even his gags got recycle multiple times towards the end of the episode. Disappointing.

Sasami-san@Ganbaranai 05

It's always a supernatural problem. Always.

A lot scaled down in infodump and action this episode. More antics I guess, but since it was lacking in the in your face mythology, I wasn't all that interested.

Thoraxes

[Tamako Market] - 5

One thing that I really forgot to mention yesterday when I made my earlier post was that Mochizō feels like your typical neutered male in a KyoAni show. Which is to say that he seems rather unconcerned with things that a typical teenage male is concerned with. To wit, when he fantasies about Tamako we see this:

Rather than some kind of erotically charged fantasy. Not that I'd expect to see that in a KyoAni show but it just demonstrates how far removed Mochizō is from any kind of believable teenage boy. There are other signs that Mochizō isn't a particularly realistic character, I mean, just check out his room:

Now I don't know how often KyoAni staff have been into the rooms of teenage males but I can assure that the vast, vast majority of them do not look like this. The organisation, the layout, the items he has in there, the train track? They don't seem to have any trouble creating a realistic girls room but this space just doesn't ring true. Where's the mess? The tacky posters? Etc etc.

Still, this wasn't a particularly good episode anyway. The bird, as usual, provided some of the best scenes in the episode but even his gags got recycle multiple times towards the end of the episode. Disappointing.

Not all teenage boys have shitty rooms. I was one of those neat organized people just because it's how I function. I never had a train track mind you.

Maybe I wasn't normal :/

I don't understand the laugh. Did you think it was more predictable, or are you simply amused by the plot point? And I'm not even sure if that's correct anyway; it's just my guess.

I just think it would be hilarious if the power was coming from an alternate dimension and it would also mean I'm probably watching too much anime ;_;

[Tamako Market] - 5

TM51_zps3fba45f0.jpg

TM52_zpsb728a44b.jpg

Are you sure you're not just thinking of yourself here?

Jex

I'm not saying that all boys rooms are messy. I happen to like being tidy, for instance. From experience, however, I'd say that quite a few are.

However I doubt Mochizō's room is tidy and neat because we're supposed to think that tells us something about his character, he doesn't seem to have it all together anyway. It just seems to indicate that the people making this show aren't familiar with how (most) of those rooms look like. It's not even just the neatness either. It's the furniture arrangement, the choice of desecrations, the way everything is laid out - it just feels off.

Pyscho-Pass 16

Really enjoyed this episode. Nice action sequences and revelations. I still don't understand how there are still 6 episodes remaining.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom