• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -5| This is stupid, kayos90 sucks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Risette

A Good Citizen
It's just so unbelievable. I can maybe buy a fat guy singing the praises of Subway, but no one in history has ever said "Bing it" with a straight face.
Nobody actually uses Windows Phones either.
I'm not saying that all boys rooms are messy. I happen to like being tidy, for instance. From experience, however, I'd say that quite a few are.

However I doubt Mochizō's room is tidy and neat because we're supposed to think that tells us something about his character, he doesn't seem to have it all together anyway. It just seems to indicate that the people making this show aren't familiar with how (most) of those rooms look like. It's not even just the neatness either. It's the furniture arrangement, the choice of desecrations, the way everything is laid out - it just feels off.
Most of what rooms? He is not real.

Branduil

I'm not saying that all boys rooms are messy. I happen to like being tidy, for instance. From experience, however, I'd say that quite a few are.

However I doubt Mochizō's room is tidy and neat because we're supposed to think that tells us something about his character, he doesn't seem to have it all together anyway. It just seems to indicate that the people making this show aren't familiar with how (most) of those rooms look like. It's not even just the neatness either. It's the furniture arrangement, the choice of desecrations, the way everything is laid out - it just feels off.

It's because Mochizou is actually a serial killer.

Shergal

Another thing Hyouka got right. Well, two things.

Comparing Mochizou's room with Satoshi's... ah.

I'm not sure about Mochizou's room being totally unrealistic, but Satoshi's was definitely much more interesting.

It's about time people started to recognize the genius of Takemoto. Best Kyoani director.

Thoraxes

You should do some Japanese boy's rooms research for us.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
[Tamako Market] - 5
Now I don't know how often KyoAni staff have been into the rooms of teenage males but I can assure that the vast, vast majority of them do not look like this. The organisation, the layout, the items he has in there, the train track? They don't seem to have any trouble creating a realistic girls room but this space just doesn't ring true. Where's the mess? The tacky posters? Etc etc.
The train means the show is set in the 1950s.

Speaking of random gender stereotypes:
GERi627l.jpg

duckroll

Pyscho-Pass 16

Really enjoyed this episode. Nice action sequences and revelations. I still don't understand how there are still 6 episodes remaining.

I think it's kinda obvious that Makishima is going to pull some Joker shit after being caught. The show already ripped off every popular scifi story, so it's time to start ripping off popular Hollywood blockbusters too!

It's not like girls rooms are mostly clean and tidy either.

I'm not sure where I'm going with this.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
wherever I am in Futari wa Pretty Cure

W7gm0W2.png

Thanks for taking what was once an enormously entertaining show and singlehandedly causing a precipitous drop in its quality you squealing infantile fuck. I should have just quit at the halfway point when the main characters weren't just vehicles for this thing's screen time and every single episode wasn't the same shitty
PORUN IS LOST! WE HAVE TO FIND HIM!
plot. I can't even marathon this in any real capacity anymore because I expend most of my patience enduring this ear-splitting abomination's shit just for a few scraps of what the show used to be.

If this little sack of puke is in Max Heart I might have finally hit the wall.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer

W7gm0W2.png

Thanks for taking what was once an enormously entertaining show and singlehandedly causing a precipitous drop in its quality you squealing infantile fuck. I should have just quit at the halfway point when the main characters weren't just vehicles for this thing's screen time and every single episode wasn't the same shitty
plot. I can't even marathon this in any real capacity anymore because I expend most of my patience enduring this ear-splitting abomination's shit just for a few scraps of what the show used to be.

LOL

Don't worry, it's like the start of the show and the start of heartcatch too! It'll get better. Precure mascots are all shitstains, and Porun is just the purest incarnation of this.

Branduil

W7gm0W2.png

I see what you did there.

wonzo

Banned
Kotoura-san 5

kotoura5.jpg

Gee, I always wanted to watch an episode of this entirely devoid of what made this series somewhat entertaining and interesting to begin with. They'll probably bring back the hilariously exaggerated melodrama when they reintroduce the mother but I honestly couldn't give a shit about this husk of a show anymore to bother sticking around for it. Dropped.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
LOL

Don't worry, it's like the start of the show and the start of heartcatch too! It'll get better. Precure mascots are all shitstains, and Porun is just the purest incarnation of this.

It can't get better when it's already three-fourths over. You're just going to string me along through Max Heart just to see how long I last, aren't you? ;_;

I spoke too soon about Coco and Nuts in Yes 5 being the worst. They have positively velvety voices and stunning intellect compared to this fuzzy little war crime.

Oh, and Porun is in Max Heart.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK AAAAAAAAAAGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHGGGGGGGGGGHHHHH AAAAAAAGHHHHHHHHHHHHGHHH WHYYYYYYYYYYY

OC5WBi2.png

btw what happened to your tag?

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Haganai NEXT 5

I don't know if it's the fact that this feels extremely well paced or it's just better than the first season but I'm enjoying this a lot more than I should be. Logic dictating, I should hate shows like these. Dense protagonist, non-realistic characters that tend to be overly flamboyant for my tastes, a plot that has no sense to it or an endgoal, and etc. Still despite this, I find this show extremely endearing. The jokes are funny, the show is extremely optimistic despite its erotic mentionings, and it paces itself where one event doesn't seem to last too long. It keeps me entertained every second and honestly I think that is in and of itself an achievement.

Rika is easily the best character this season. I hated her last season but she comes off to me as more genuine than any of the other cast members. She has her quirks and her faults that rub me the wrong way but she has kept the show entertaining with her gizmos, outbursts, and plot points that she brings to the table.

Sena sucks. She just whines and bitches all day.

Yozora is okay... I don't like the fact that she picks on others all day but some of her thought process and actions are somewhat likeable.

Don't care about the rest of the cast.

duckroll

At least when it happened in Psycho-Pass, it actually happened. Now we no longer have to say "it's happening" anymore! Is there a.... ithappened.gif?

jbug617

Banned
One Piece 1-7

I can see why the show is very popular. It's really non stop action and jokes. Not a fan on Nami though she seems quick to sell them out. Also I wonder when Shanks will meet Luffy gain.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Polar Bear's Café 3

Being kawaii is all that matters for an animal.

Another fun episode. The guys from the zoo are awesome. Panda is clearly the worst character in the show, though.

fertygo

I think I'm the only one that not caring about shit happening or not in Robotic; Notes, I'm only enjoying the interaction and building mech hijinks, same with Steins; Gate actually.

Articalys

It seems likely that the second season of Nyaruko-san is going to be a Spring show as well, since the OP/ED singles just were listed on Amazon for release in late April.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom