• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -5| This is stupid, kayos90 sucks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Articalys

The final bit of upcoming show news for now: the second season of OreImo is going to cover the story from all the remaining LN volumes.

For comparison's sake, the first season (TV+ONA, 16 episodes) covered volumes 1-5. The final novel will be volume 12.

Narag

Another new report, saying that the second season of Ro-Kyu-Bu is scheduled for this summer. The same source dryly joked that it would be the "summer of lolicons".

i3Z3nSg9whjaR.gif

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
The final bit of upcoming show news for now: the second season of OreImo is going to cover the story from all the remaining LN volumes.

To put it into perspective, how many LN volumes are there total and how much did the first season cover?

wonzo

Banned
Another new report, saying that the second season of Ro-Kyu-Bu is scheduled for this summer. The same source dryly joked that it would be the "summer of lolicons".

For comparison's sake, the first season (TV+ONA, 16 episodes) covered volumes 1-5. The final novel will be volume 12.
I want off this planet.

Humanity has declined

Taken from the AOTY 2012 thread I watched the first two episodes together with a friend and boy would have this taken a top slot in my list.

I asked people in the AOTY thread to watch it. >.>

Actually, I have all the 4 volumes of the manga. The ending really is shit. =/

July 6th. Which just confirms that I am, in fact, a cancer upon AnimeGAF.

hey another Cancer-bro

man that sounds really inappropriate

I thought the zodiacs have shifted recently? Cancer is July 21 - August 9 now according to wikipedia.

July 14th here, so I fall under Gemini now I think.

Edit: I feel like watching Saint Seiya now.

Cancer bros.

Polar Bear's Café 3

Being kawaii is all that matters for an animal.

Another fun episode. The guys from the zoo are awesome. Panda is clearly the worst character in the show, though.
And I'm glad.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Toradora! 7

Best episode.

"Stop sexually harassing my mother!" and Ryuji putting the pad back under Taiga's swimsuit, holy shit. :lol

EDIT: Oh, almost forgot.

Taiga~~

wonzo

Banned
Sasami@Unmotivated 5

sasami5.jpg

This wasn't as scatterbrained as the past few episodes have been but it most definitely a hell of a lot more boring too. I kinda wanna drop this but I wanna see whether or not we end up with another episode as good as the second one was... a fools errand really but I'm too unmotivated to care otherwise.

Narag

Gundam 0083 6

There is no sense of urgency to recover Unit 02. I expected some relatively fast paced game of cat & mouse, not chilling on the moon. An issue I'm sort of realizing is this feels like an entire tv show's worth of character development is trying to be shoehorned in hence stuff like Nina/Kou out of nowhere and Kou's newfound crisis of conscience. Maybe more palatable at the time, it's like a checklist of Gundam tropes being marked off now.

So far this reminds me of Mazinkaiser too in the sense that the show does nothing to distinguish itself and plays things terribly safe (read: boring).

Narag

Turn A GUndam 5

EdawOZ1l.png

WaDoms so huge.

LaTmPV2l.png
m7dz5HKl.jpg

Another TV-Movie comparison. I adore that visual as it perfectly captures the contrast of the two sides.

YPNwCK8l.png
WjW3PY4l.jpg

Another TV-Movie comparison. Blurays when??

Loran jumping onto the Hipheavy was so damn reckless. :lol Those scenes with Guin & Harry are pretty great in their own right too as the career soldier looks to be the one actually hesitant to fight whereas Guin's just interested in pushing his weight around.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Toradora! 9

Real best episode. This show just keeps getting better. So many "go back and rewatch" moments. Kitamura dropping his towel, Taiga's reaction to Ami in the shower, etc. :lol

Oh god it's almost painful waiting for Ryuji and Taiga to admit their feelings for each other. I LOVE THIS SHOW.

Taiga~~

Westlo

Hunter X Hunter (2011) 47

Kurapika is a fucking boss......

Also how did 2011's Heaven's Arena compare to the original series?

What do I want? Maybe like, a show that isn't extremely convoluted and contrived with a tangible topic and a likeable cast that doesn't have structural or pacing issues that scream "I used to be a VN!".
This is funny since robotics;notes has the same pattern as steins;gates in term of vn structure ( not the flowchart ) .and both adaptation choose the same method when they had to adapt things.
Is it so hard to get the main topic ... the robot club want to build a giant robot !
It's been like this since episode 1.
The act of simply advancing the plot is a meaningless milestone. Little actually changes, and it is rare for events that occur to matter or have much bearing. Even if the characters get developed for one or two episodes it doesn't matter, because the show doesn't keep track of half of the shit it spews. Like, the show will set up that one of the main characters as some stupid disease or whatever called "elephant mouse syndrome", but that will have no impact on the character and will only pop up when the show is trapped in a corner and needs to manipulate where the story is headed or fast inject some poorly fabricated drama into scenes.
Untrue.
What's your point , here ..all i see in this quote is a rant that have no correlation to robotics;notes.
Gun-pro 1 ?
they completed it!
Gun-pro 2 ? they build it !
The gunvarell anime ending ?
They already tell you what was in the ending ( the message )
The reports ?Kagome kagome ? and the interferences that cames with it ?The boat incident ?
Nothing's happenning ? Please pay attention next time. that's called world building or even hints for a future reveal. Making this complain after watching an episode like this is just unfair.

What is the focus of the show? Is it about kids trying to build a robot? No...not really. Is it about this convoluted backstory behind certain characters? Sometimes. Is it about finding hackers? Is it about fighting toy robots? The world ending? Magic bean monopoles? A robot uprising? The main character playing detective and completing arbitrary tasks to unlock secrets? This stuff is poorly tied together and the show lacks something to push them all into one space with its weak cast. There is this looming conspiracy nonsense that it seems like the show wants to be about, but it is so obsessed with obfuscating information regarding the mystery that it is unable to serve as tent-pole for the series.

The focus of the show is 2 things : robots & a conspiracy
about some kind of disaster coming
. 2 of the main characters have been directly exposed to it.And another suffered the direct consequences of that conspiracy.

If you can't even try to piece together the various events then by all means, drop it.They especially gave you scenes from the organisation side so you can try to understand things better.There is actually no reason that by episode 16 you would be able to understand everything that is going on.

Theonik

∀ Gundam: Called Turn-A-Gundam 18
ib2pwJIDYKYjC6.png

That doesn't sound healthy
Oh great now the militia will be even more annoyingly bold and annoying!
Lady Kihel is awesome, that assassination dodge and speech damn.
Also HAHAHA.
*Links may or may not be spoilers

Gintama - 82

Maji yabai, Baka uoji, Kintamas, Sa-chan, maji yabai, Hamuko, maji yabai.

Gintama - 83

96jXxlx.jpg
ANOiyIb.jpg

Kyuu-chan kawaii.
Shogun!!
It can't be the Shogun, but it's really the Shogun.
So let's play the Shogun-sama Game. The background music here was killing me.
Matsudaira was awesome as always.

Hard-Boiled Doushin Gintama - 84

Zzzzzzzzzz...

Gintama - 85

Harley...Davidson!
And I laughed so hard when the Granny
and the rest of the family started coming down the moving floor.
"OOOOHEEE KONDO JIJI KITA ZO", Sugita. <3
At least this hard-boiled story is over.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Toradora! 10

For the love of fuck, I told myself I'd just watch one episode tonight. I can't stop!

Seems like two Culture Fair episodes coming up. Between this, Azumanga Daioh, and Tonari, I feel like I could probably organize an entire culture fair myself at this point. :lol

Taiga~~

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
There should be an anime with snow Miku in it.
Maybe Megurine Luka too.

I'LL BUY 10!!

SCHOOL DAYS !12[/b[

YO....

YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

niceboat_kotonohas_zpse158ad92.jpg

I thought the zodiacs have shifted recently? Cancer is July 21 - August 9 now according to wikipedia.

July 14th here, so I fall under Gemini now I think.

Most people go by tropical zodiac.

Cancer bros.

*fistbump*

mAcOdIn

Ok, some of you I'll forgive, but those of you who have not watched it will always be viewed as heathens in my eyes. I say this as a true card carrying member of the Church of Holo.
Why do this to yourselves? :(
Why do something that keeps me young and happy? I, err, uh, duh?

cajunator

Banned
Hyouka is special.

Special Ed maybe.

I'm not saying that all boys rooms are messy. I happen to like being tidy, for instance. From experience, however, I'd say that quite a few are.

However I doubt Mochiz&#333;'s room is tidy and neat because we're supposed to think that tells us something about his character, he doesn't seem to have it all together anyway. It just seems to indicate that the people making this show aren't familiar with how (most) of those rooms look like. It's not even just the neatness either. It's the furniture arrangement, the choice of desecrations, the way everything is laid out - it just feels off.

My room is an ongoing battle between orderly and chaos. Chaos is winning.

spicy wolf 5

Still not too sure whats up, but holo's ears <3

Oh yes. Her ears are super high happy caliber.

Well this will be SOMETHING. I can't wait to see if they go THERE.

Speaking of, I was thinking about going through all the shows Yoko Hikasa has done voice work for, then I read that she does a voice on Kingdom. Needless to say, I no longer have that drive, though I will probably still watch a lot of those she's been in anyways.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
wherever I am in Futari wa Pretty Cure

Thanks for taking what was once an enormously entertaining show and singlehandedly causing a precipitous drop in its quality you squealing infantile fuck. I should have just quit at the halfway point when the main characters weren't just vehicles for this thing's screen time and every single episode wasn't the same shitty
PORUN IS LOST! WE HAVE TO FIND HIM!
plot. I can't even marathon this in any real capacity anymore because I expend most of my patience enduring this ear-splitting abomination's shit just for a few scraps of what the show used to be.

If this little sack of puke is in Max Heart I might have finally hit the wall.

There's more of them? Fuuuuck.

I'm almost at the halfway point, will continue my marathon when I get home.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I think you're taking that quote out of context there, but whatever. He probably should have put a disclaimer in the post.
Or followed my example and used the term "figs". Though I suppose someone may be offended if you call them a fruit.

I was thinking more along the lines of "cheeky cheek" but sure that works too.
What is clear is that it's is far too early/not possible to associate my name with an attribute.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom