• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -5| This is stupid, kayos90 sucks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Line Offline Salaryman 15

sTlza3M.jpg

Security is tight in the office.

BluWacky

Chiaki Ishikawa is writing both of the OP and the ED though, even though she only sings the ED. :)

That'll teach me not to read properly! That's pretty exciting.

I've actually heard Natsumi Kon sing before and she's great - a proper, legit singer, rather than an idol - so hopefully she'll do the song justice.

Syrinx

Just wanna send a quick "good luck" and "stay safe" to those of you guys in the northeast US. I do not envy you guys right now.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Yakitate!! was good until it decided to overplay the pun factor and leave behind the pseudo-educational aspect of bread baking.
This is why I consider the first arc to be the best. That and they ruined the characters the longer the story went on, especially Kawachi. The anime luckily removed the worst part of the final arc.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
DO YOU WANT TO KNOW THE TRUTH ABOUT THE SIBYL SYSTEM, ANIMEGAF!?
It's getting Rayman Legends in September?

Question, whats our rule about embedding images for new episodes? I have this image from the Kotoura-San episode that came out today. For future reference, low long should I wait before embedding images? or am I allowed to now?
Basically, if you feel that the screenshot would have spoiled your enjoyment of the episode don't post it. I once suggested another system but it was totally ignored. :Akari~n

Happy birthday pizzaroll.
Is it too late? Happy Birthday anywho.

Asu no Yoichi 10

Attack of the sharks!

So yeah, I guess with hitting the homestretch, the villains need to do something already. Silly it was pretty much a parade of villains that were defeated before one after another, like a boss rush.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
[Nadia: The Secret of Blue Water] 18
Watching this show puts the biggest fucking grin on my face. Captain Nemo is a certified badarse who isn't afraid of taking
prehistoric monsters into volcanoes
. My only question is, if they are way down South at the beginning of the episode, why is the bar they visit so European? I assumed they were at a USA base because of the flag, but the make-up of the town is decidedly French.

P.S. All the talk about how nobody had ever reached the South Pole reminded me of a certain Mecano song that only /XX/ and possibly trejo will recognise.

Jex

Gundam 0083 6

There is no sense of urgency to recover Unit 02. I expected some relatively fast paced game of cat & mouse, not chilling on the moon. An issue I'm sort of realizing is this feels like an entire tv show's worth of character development is trying to be shoehorned in hence stuff like Nina/Kou out of nowhere and Kou's newfound crisis of conscience. Maybe more palatable at the time, it's like a checklist of Gundam tropes being marked off now.

So far this reminds me of Mazinkaiser too in the sense that the show does nothing to distinguish itself and plays things terribly safe (read: boring).

But the animation, etc!

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
SCHOOL DAYS !12[/b[

YO....

YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You always seem to mess up the BBCode when you're drunk...

But it was a good ending right?

I do have to say the School Days thing is pretty old hat at this point. There's nothing surprising about the reactions any more.
Give me a bad show that no one has talked about then.

Jex

∀ Gundam: Called Turn-A-Gundam 18

Oh great now the militia will be even more annoyingly bold and annoying!
Lady Kihel is awesome, that assassination dodge and speech damn.
Also HAHAHA.
*Links may or may not be spoilers

Well, Queen Diana
/Lady Kihel are definitely the best characters in the series and they're the ones who undergo real character grown.

Jex

While I agree with you on most points, you have to remember that KyoAni shows are designed around a perspective that remains female friendly. While the formula does allow for fan service, it's usually softened by the light-hearted and playful situations from which they arise. When desires become too realistic, they can become a turn-off for those who do not share or understand them. However, when you make those desires comedic they can become cute or endearing to a wider audience. That is why the bird is lewd and not Mochizou.

Well, yeah, of course that's why I understand they don't go that route. I agree with you on the bird, and said as much in an earlier post.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
You always seem to mess up the BBCode when you're drunk...

If you've ever had 12 drinks and tried to type out something semi-coherent, you'd understand that it's difficult to spot errors, let alone care about fixing them. :p At that point, I'm just trying to hit the reply button without closing my browser.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Now I don't know how often KyoAni staff have been into the rooms of teenage males but I can assure that the vast, vast majority of them do not look like this. The organisation, the layout, the items he has in there, the train track? They don't seem to have any trouble creating a realistic girls room but this space just doesn't ring true. Where's the mess? The tacky posters? Etc etc.
Yo' hatin' on train sets?

My birthday is May 7th.
So I wasn't too late. Phew.

I've had to clean women's restrooms before... it's not pretty.
Not a fan of pink clouds and the smell of strawberries?

Not really, it was biiiiiiiig on Nico.

I'm just saying what knowyourmeme tells me.

On the day before the airing of the final episode of School Days in Japan, a 16 year old girl killed her father with an axe in Kyoto. Due to an extremely similar scene present in the episode and to avoid relation to the axe murder, TV Kanagawa replaced it with a half hour of unrelated scenery with “Air on a G String” playing in the background. Among the shock and rage expressed among fans, a 4chan user commented “Nice Boat”, referring to the Norwegian ferry shown in the replacement footage. Immediately the phrase became a meme, however is far more popular in Japan than in English speaking countries.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
You wish it were like that.

My parents made me use women's public bathrooms when I was a kid because they believed I'd get molested and kidnapped if I went into the men's bathroom. I can conclusively confirm that it's just as disgusting.

I'm glad that I never indulged my curiosity and put a quarter in the mysterious candy dispensers in the women's bathrooms because it probably would have messed me up for life.

Asu no Yoichi 10

Attack of the sharks!

So yeah, I guess with hitting the homestretch, the villains need to do something already. Silly it was pretty much a parade of villains that were defeated before one after another, like a boss rush.

IIRC, you aren't going to get much closure. It's only a partially adapted anime of something like half the manga.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
My parents made me use women's public bathrooms when I was a kid because they believed I'd get molested and kidnapped if I went into the men's bathroom. I can conclusively confirm that it's just as disgusting.

I'm glad that I never indulged my curiosity and put a quarter in the mysterious candy dispensers in the women's bathrooms because it probably would have messed me up for life.
I worked at fast food for far longer than I care admitting. Whatever stories you've heard about the women's toilets: I can assure you they are the tip of the iceberg.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom