• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -5| This is stupid, kayos90 sucks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syrinx

Better watch it. typing her name wrong is frowned upon in these parts.
So just post pictures of her instead :D

Is this one of those shows that takes a few episodes before anything interesting happens? I remember you said there was a fair amount of pedantic economic talk in the early going. If it is, I may just put it aside for a while while I catch up on other stuff.

cajunator

Banned
Psycho Pass - 13

Inferior puke moe scum. Get on Natsume's level, bitch.

iaJKQjh.jpg

Bear, you complete me.

Is this one of those shows that takes a few episodes before anything interesting happens? I remember you said there was a fair amount of pedantic economic talk in the early going. If it is, I may just put it aside for a while while I catch up on other stuff.

A lot of shows are.
Spice and Wolf is best watched a few episodes at a time.
I think much of anime is designed to be seen a bit at a time due to its format, and trying to cram a show into a marathon session isnt always the best way to go.

Articalys

Full rules are up for that ridiculous Crunchyroll contest. Turns out the only companies that you need to draw are Crunchyroll, Funimation, and Aniplex.
Only one winner, but it's a decent prize set, at least.
Hetalia: Axis Powers Paint It, White! - DVD
Evangelion 2.22 You Can (Not) Advance - Blu–ray
Deadman Wonderland Complete Series – DVD
Steins;Gate Part One LE - Blu–ray/DVD Combo Pack
Fullmetal Alchemist: The Sacred Star of Milos - Blu–ray/DVD Combo Pack

Madoka Magica Clear File Holder
Madoka Magica 300 Piece Puzzle
Fate/Zero book bag

1-Year Premium Membership to Crunchyroll.com

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
The wolf girl. Holy shit, did I already forget her name? The episode really didn't leave much of an impression on me.

That said, I REALLY got to get better at remembering names in anime. And I'm so good at it in real life :(

It's Holo. H-O-L-O. I was sitting here trying to figure out how it could be a typo since the letters are nowhere near each other, I settled on a seizure.

Don't worry it gets much better.

Full rules are up for that ridiculous Crunchyroll contest. Turns out the only companies that you need to draw are Crunchyroll, Funimation, and Aniplex.

Only one winner, but it's a decent prize set, at least.

Dull with no viz nor sentai. Getting Deadman Wonderland DVD when the BD may just come out in mere months, and no Eva 1.11 is kinda odd (they couldda put the complete FMA BroHood + OVA collection instead of Milos).

madp

The Light of El Cantare
[Futari wa Pretty Cure] 02

It's only been two episodes and I already want to choke Meeple to death. :( The mascots I knew were never this obnoxious. Also, we can see the first instance of taking an everyday appliance and transforming it into something that's supposed to be threatening but instead looks goofy as hell. Who wants to get sucked and blown to death?

Am I the only one who finds the girls' boots really fucking huge? They remind me of Tetsuya Nomura's Kingdom Hearts designs.

If you can't handle the mascots now...well, I'll just say to be sure to squeeze all the enjoyment you can out of the first half of the show.

And actually, I came to accept Mepple. His voice is grating as fuck, but he's at least not infantile and naive like 90% of the other mascots which makes the actual content of his dialogue bearable. Also, he's also probably the only mascot to actively troll his owner.

cooxG1k.jpg

:kyubey

Steroyd

By the way, I was looking up pictures of Kuro Usagi and there are a bunch of pics from some really cute show that has that in the name "Itsuka Tenma No Kuro Usagi"
Whats this show about? The main character has pinkish hair and striped socks and is adorable.

That show is shit I tell you, SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT!! >_<

Quasar

Zetsuen no Tempest 17

Finally. Been waiting so long for this. Though I did want Yoshino to be the one dropping the bombshell on Mahiro. I guess the question is whether he will believe and go totally apeshit and hunt him down to kill him or what?

Quasar

Spice and Wolf 1

Eh...not much to talk about really. Other than Lawrence's introduction to Mono, not much really went down here. I'll probably need to watch more to give more thorough thoughts.

My alltme fave anime. Where is my third season damn it.

PsionBolt

[Futari wa Pretty Cure] 02

Am I the only one who finds the girls' boots really fucking huge? They remind me of Tetsuya Nomura's Kingdom Hearts designs.

Oh wow, thank you for saying this. That is actually a perfect description. I could never put to words the difference between Futari wa outfits and later ones. Kingdom Hearts... Except, I love the FW designs, so its not quite the same. Very close though, especially the less-good Max Heart redesigns.

Steroyd

Diebuster - 02 & 03

It is very strange trying to mentally separate this from Gunbuster, because overall there is a very thin underlay of Gunbuster's themes that are being covered, at the same time it's much harder to be invested because it's not entirely clear what's at stake if Topless lose against the space aliens, I'm assuming the Sol system is in danger of being wiped out, but it doesn't feel that way.

Diebuster - 04

0QBd2vy.jpg

cQpzIk1.jpg

May or may not have been paraphrased

Syrinx

K-ON!! 20

Goddamn, Yui is the worst fucking emcee ever. She has the attention span and focus of a meth-addicted hamster. But the crowd seems to love it. Seems Afterschool Tea Time has reached the point where their fans will pretty much gobble up everything they put out. Dangerous territory there, that's where bands get complacent and cynical. They're still in the spirit though.

They actually turned Yui's shitty rice lyrics into a song?! WTF?! Did they all huff a giant can of paint when they were preparing the show? The song she wrote about Ui was good, though.

Then at the end they're sitting around and it hits them that that was the last school festival they've ever performed at. And then...shit gets real. Oh damn, did it get real.

Back from my hiatus, and this was definitely a good note to start back on.

Jintor

Is it in the nature of anime threads to latch onto series others are watching randomly? Lotta toradora going around. Not that I'm complaining you understand, I'm having fun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom