• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -5| This is stupid, kayos90 sucks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
Ex is watching Toradora too?!

:D

People watching Toradora! and Gunbuster and Diebuster. <3

And Spice and Wolf! <3

Taiga. the only Kugiloli that doesn't make me want to throw her off a building.

Ah, Kugimiya, so that's who that VA is. I don't really follow VAs, but from time to time I recognize voices. I just don't keep track of names or records.

Is it in the nature of anime threads to latch onto series others are watching randomly? Lotta toradora going around. Not that I'm complaining you understand, I'm having fun

I dunno. In my case I have had Toradora on my backlist for almost a year. Since I finished everything else I was watching, and because a few people recommended it, I figured now would be a good time to pick up.

Novid

Banned
hmm so summer of loli.

or in popgaf terms

summer of the queens return...

serenity that is.

throwing shade on that ewwtastic dfc.

/XX/

Hey man, it could be worse. You could've been a Pisces bro. Though to be fair, Albafica in Lost Canvas more than made up for Aphodite. So badass.

And besides, everyone knows Camus bros are the best bros.
Camus was best Gold just like Hyouga was best Bronze. FACT
Meanwhile, 'big bro' Ikki continues to be the dark hero they don't deserve, but the one they always need... you ungrateful diva followers!

At this point, if they do Uru won't the tweeners be younger than the storyboards?
Sadly, we will probably never get THAT Blue URU, only a variant of it (if we ever see it at all)... the original pre-production material made from March, 1992 to July, 1993 was scrapped and the only testament that will remain of it is probably the CD-ROM 'Blue URU Frozen Designs Collection':

http://web.archive.org/web/20031207221805/www.gainax.co.jp/soft/urucd/index-e.html
http://web.archive.org/web/20031215122405/www.gainax.co.jp/soft/urucd/index2-e.html

Maybe they will continue with what was devised from 1997 and onwards as a new project (while on-hold since then), and that is what I thought until recently, but hope fades from me month by month, slowly...

Problem Children Blah Blah 05

cfS79Pu.jpg

While nothing about his power was explained, that was still a pretty good fight. Actually wanted to hear the insert song this time, instead of it being drowned out by the actual fight.

cajunator

Banned
Is it in the nature of anime threads to latch onto series others are watching randomly? Lotta toradora going around. Not that I'm complaining you understand, I'm having fun

I try to get people watching certain shows, but with limited success.
Trying to get more Kiddy-Grade watchers for example.

I think I'm the one who caused the BRS TV watching last week. It feels like I did something terrible.

I guess to feel more like a part of the group? Also seeing others post about a show you might have had interested in at one point will bring it back to mind again.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
If you can't handle the mascots now...well, I'll just say to be sure to squeeze all the enjoyment you can out of the first half of the show.

And actually, I came to accept Mepple. His voice is grating as fuck, but he's at least not infantile and naive like 90% of the other mascots which makes the actual content of his dialogue bearable. Also, he's also probably the only mascot to actively troll his owner.

:kyubey

No way, I'd rather take a baby mascot who coos and shit instead of a
self-centered, arrogant, asshole who does nothing but bitch about wanting to see his girl Mipple.

Dresden

tamako market - 05

rip yuri

Midori likes Mochizou. All those lingering shots. Don't believe the lies. There is no yuri. Don't believe the descriptions. Don't believe the hype. It's all misdirection. Her feelings for Tamako are of a platonic nature. The conflict arises from her liking for Mochizou. Distrust the government.

PCRh9axl.jpg

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
tamako market - 05

rip yuri

Midori likes Mochizou. All those lingering shots. Don't believe the lies. There is no yuri. Don't believe the descriptions. Don't believe the hype. It's all misdirection. Her feelings for Tamako are of a platonic nature. The conflict arises from her liking for Mochizou. Distrust the government.

PCRh9axl.jpg

This was fairly obvious the whole time?

I remember those caps people were using when she was staring at him and people were delusional enough to think those were yuri shots.

Well you're all wrong.

/XX/

Overman King Gainer- fin
Jarmel, now I see it wasn't the best of times to watch this series, because look at what is coming soon:

&#12461;&#12531;&#12464;&#12466;&#12452;&#12490;&#12540;&#12398;BOX&#12434;&#20999;&#12426;&#20986;&#12375;&#12390;&#32068;&#12415;&#31435;&#12390;&#12390;&#12415;&#12383;&#12290;&#12371;&#12435;&#12394;&#24863;&#12376;&#12395;&#12394;&#12427;&#12398;&#12363;&#12394;&#12290;&#12471;&#12531;&#12471;&#12450;&#21487;&#24859;&#12356;&#12397;&#12290; #kinggainer... on Twitpic
http://twitpic.com/c1ua7w

&#12461;&#12531;&#12464;&#12466;&#12452;&#12490;&#12540;&#12398;BOX&#12289;&#21453;&#23550;&#20596;&#12399;&#12371;&#12435;&#12394;&#24863;&#12376;&#12290;&#12469;&#12521;&#22909;&#12365;&#12384;&#12540;&#65281; #kinggainer... on Twitpic
http://twitpic.com/c1uakv

firehawk12

Subete no aware
This was fairly obvious the whole time?

I remember those caps people were using when she was staring at him and people were delusional enough to think those were yuri shots.

Well you're all wrong.

SDBurton. Don't believe his lies!

----

Chihayafuru 2 5

This show continues to have an amazing soundtrack.

Also, this is the first time I've seen an unironic "boy wearing a hair clip" thing in... probably ever.
Jiu7rgKl.jpg

I wish guys with medium length hair could do this without all the social judgments that come with it. I'd probably go with longer hair if I could just use clips instead of glopping product on my head or doing the whole hippy ponytail thing.

The show itself is going through its old tricks again though. I'm still predicting a team
loss
, since the stipulation doesn't make sense otherwise (in fact, it'll be a lot like the Saki Side A finale now that I think about it), but I'm willing to see if they'll surprise me.

This is certainly one of those times, because of the gimmick introduced, that the anime COULD do something original and not follow the manga to exactly and slavish detail.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Most anime series don't feature elementary schools kids nude or dressing down to their panties in almost every single episode, nor do they list their measurments in the eyecatches.

The girls are 13-14 and I'd rather have the show be honest about what it is instead of something like 12 year old kids having sex with each other because chimpanzees.

tamako market - 05

rip yuri

PCRh9axl.jpg

Well this can happen too BUT i think that if she was lusting about him , she wouldn't have objected to him coming to the pool and the conversation during the first night doesn't make much sense ..

So it's YURI .. obviously

Syrinx

K-ON!! 21

Why were they all concerned about their hairstyles for their picture? They looked fine. Ans I think that scene at the beginning with Yui and the mirror lasted a bit too long. Best scene was when Yui fucked up cutting her hair (who didn't see THAT coming) and everybody else had to hold back their laughter, ending with Azunyan and Mio fainting from being unable to do so.

And then Mio decides she wants to go to the same university as everyone else cuz they're bestest friends. That was nice.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Well this can happen too BUT i think that if she was lusting about him , she wouldn't have objected to him coming to the pool and the conversation during the first night doesn't make much sense ..

So it's YURI .. obviously

Don't take the bait R_thanatos, they're trying to lead you astray!

Thoraxes

Psycho Pass - 16

So,
Sibyl is run on/by an AI and or cyborgs? I guess I didn't see that coming, but I wonder what it was Chinese hacker dude saw. Maybe this is gonna escalate into some kinda human plantation shit or something where humanity is being farmed into a robotic collective or something. I can't think of anything that would instantaneously make people riot other than something that batshit insane.

Also you know, the chief was totally beyond cyborg levels from what I thought it looked like. I thought she was an actual robot.

Either way, it was good to actually see shit happening for once. The show should've gotten to this point a lot quicker imo but I still like it. The parallels with Robonotes is kinda funny too not only because of the timings, but
now robots

Also on the last episode, what does
Makashima
have against e-books, huh?

Kazzy

Yes, at least for me. I find it sometimes gives me the incentive to get round to a series that would otherwise be buried amongst a multitude of other things.

Which reminds me, I had also watched the first couple of episodes of Toradora at some point. Maybe I take this opportunity to ride the impromptu bandwagon.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
K-ON!! 21

Why were they all concerned about their hairstyles for their picture? They looked fine. Ans I think that scene at the beginning with Yui and the mirror lasted a bit too long. Best scene was when Yui fucked up cutting her hair (who didn't see THAT coming) and everybody else had to hold back their laughter, ending with Azunyan and Mio fainting from being unable to do so.

And then Mio decides she wants to go to the same university as everyone else cuz they're bestest friends. That was nice.

I will say, in a medium where people wear the same clothes every episode because the animators are lazy, I'm actually surprised that they changed her hair. lol

Don't take the bait R_thanatos, they're trying to lead you astray!
Oh you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom