• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -5| This is stupid, kayos90 sucks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Psycho Pass - 16

So,
Sibyl is run on/by an AI and or cyborgs? I guess I didn't see that coming, but I wonder what it was Chinese hacker dude saw. Maybe this is gonna escalate into some kinda human plantation shit or something where humanity is being farmed into a robotic collective or something. I can't think of anything that would instantaneously make people riot other than something that batshit insane.

Either way, it was good to actually see shit happening for once. The show should've gotten to this point a lot quicker imo but I still like it. The parallels with Robonotes is kinda funny too not only because of the timings, but
now robots

Also on the last episode, what does
Makashima
have against e-books, huh?
Going by his name he was Korean hacker dude!

Just wanted to nitpick lol

Syrinx

I will say, in a medium where people where the same clothes every episode because the animators are lazy, I'm actually surprised that they changed her hair. lol

Yeah I guess lol, but at least shows like K-ON! have an out because they're in school and the school uniform is pretty much all they would wear anyway. Maybe that's one of the reason the school setting is so popular.

And that trait applies to western animation as well, not that you said it doesn't.

Cardfight!! Vanguard Asia Circuit 72 (eng dub)
tumblr_mhxfunbDl71qbxqfpo1_500.png

Incandescent Lion, Blond Ezel is a really awesome card. However it provided material for internal shippers of Kourin x Aichi Sendou, did not want. Anyway, he has clearly grown from episode one and is so much more confident now without psyqualia. I like it. I do miss this season how no one says Final Turn, he ought to have said it here.
Also that the team did win this first time, last season they lost at each level of the competition. So glad the writers are doing something different

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
You can't even get the species of animal right. And you are calling the show dumb?
Let's add to this - He didn't even get the age of the characters right. All the characters are like 13-14 when they
start fucking like bonobos

lolmark

Pioneering American conductor, National Medal of Arts winner and poet James DePreist died early this morning in Scottsdale, Ariz. He was 76 years old.[...] Most recently, he was permanent conductor of the Tokyo Metropolitan Symphony Orchestra — during which time he began appearing as a character in the Japanese manga and anime series Nodame Cantabile.

Thought this might be relevant to post on the Anime thread. I love Nodame Catabile and I wasn't aware of this.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/deceptivec...ductor-poet-and-anime-inspiration-james-depre

K-ON!! 21

Why were they all concerned about their hairstyles for their picture? They looked fine. Ans I think that scene at the beginning with Yui and the mirror lasted a bit too long. Best scene was when Yui fucked up cutting her hair (who didn't see THAT coming) and everybody else had to hold back their laughter, ending with Azunyan and Mio fainting from being unable to do so.

And then Mio decides she wants to go to the same university as everyone else cuz they're bestest friends. That was nice.
Because for the most part, they're typical teenage girls. They always worry about how they look. Not to mention it's their last year in high school.
I will say, in a medium where people wear the same clothes every episode because the animators are lazy, I'm actually surprised that they changed her hair. lol
I love how the characters in K-ON! pretty much have completely different outfits whenever you see them outside of the school setting.
Yeah I guess lol, but at least shows like K-ON! have an out because they're in school and the school uniform is pretty much all they would wear anyway. Maybe that's one of the reason the school setting is so popular.
It's definitely an easy excuse to in any case.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
I'm still behind Inferno Cop. Need to catch-up, because I enjoyed the first episode for it's WTFness.

Maoyu 6
tumblr_mhxdb6qWhV1r193sio2_500.gif

Best episode so far even if the action was extremely lacklustre and felt as if shortcuts in battle choreography were undertaken extensively.
Would have been so much better if it were Yuusha to do the fighting against Ice General instead of the Knight. Stealing Yuusha Technique even, wow, unfair

Favorite part was the siege on the land bridge.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Rofl, the volume 6 cover of SAO has Suguha. Can't say I'm surprised. I guess the next one will have Kirito and Leafa, right?

sword-art-online-blu-ray-vol-6-cover-oppai-001.jpg

Mandoric

Banned

And that trait applies to western animation as well, not that you said it doesn't.

Sometimes the reverse is weird too, though. There's this moment you reach every season of Hidamari where you start to wonder where the heck the girls find so much closet space.

Doing quickies of everything I watched today since Fire Emblem has taken over my life.

Haganai NEXT 5

I just want this show to be better every episode but it's not happening!

Chihayafuru S2 5

Another great episode, though that was to be expected. Light-hearted comedy mixed with heart warming moments is the best part about this series.

Maoyuu 6

The fights were all kinds of butt, but dear god did Miyukichi being deredere get my heart pumping.

Mondaiji-tachi TO BE CONTINUED 5

Izayoi is a gigantic Gary Stu but he's also an extremely likable one. Not enough Yes.

Psycho-Pass 16

IT'S HAPPENIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Damn. I really should catch up with Gintama (currently watched 247 eps, has been on hold for pretty long time). Tsuki <3.
There's about 10 episodes left before you're all caught up!

You need to drift harder.
Justin Lin style.

Well, in Western animation it's almost a case of trying to make the characters iconic and easily identifiable.

(Well, laziness is probably also a factor too. lol)

I love how the characters in K-ON! pretty much have completely different outfits whenever you see them outside of the school setting.
Yep. Girls with closets!

Jarmel

Banned
Robotics;Note 16

This is stupid as fuck.

Like straight up stupid. Jesus Christ, going from Steins;Gate to this. The visual novel must have been garbage of the highest order.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
[Nadia: The Secret of Blue Water] 19

I'll just repost Jexhius' gif instead of doing my usual image spam:
Did all of the episode's budget go into the background artists? Beautiful vistas, but the rest of the animation was underwhelming. Even the
giant whale
, a pretty neat moment in its own, only served to further highlight how little character animation there actually was. It never got distracting, thankfully, as the script was brimming with lots of cool ideas already covered by Jexhius in his write-up of this little chapter of Nadia.
[Nadia] - 19

I don't remember any of this stuff having any bearing on the later story but it is really odd.
I'm obviously speaking without knowledge of the rest of the show, but I don't think the episode is without a narrative purpose.
This is the first time we've seen Nadia acknowledge the existence of a sibling, and Irion further hints at the NadiaXNemo connection through the Blue Water, an assumption I can make as Jean is unable to hear the whale's thoughts. Most importantly, the end of the episode further reinforces that Nadia and Jean must work together for whatever reason by using the link between civilisation and nature as a means of bonding.

Defuser

Chihayafuru 2 ep 5
Shiiiiiet, that is one intense second half with Sudo shaking things up. UGH Cliffhanger!!!

Rofl, the volume 6 cover of SAO has Suguha. Can't say I'm surprised. I guess the next one will have Kirito and Leafa, right?

sword-art-online-blu-ray-vol-6-cover-oppai-001.jpg

Boobs still big as ever.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I can't believe SAO is still in magazines after what... 2 months of finished airing? lol? Season 2 inevitable? Maybe a movie/ova?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom