• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -5| This is stupid, kayos90 sucks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

trejo

Gintama 30ish-50

All done with season one of Gintama!

It's safe to say this show has me by the proverbial balls now. At this point I know the setting, I know the characters, I know their relationships, I know the core of the show, I know the comedy, I know the complete disregard for the laws of physics and I fucking love all of it.

Standouts include:

-The ice sculptures episode
-Kagura's dad arc
-Go Ninjas rescue Elizabeth arc
-My neighbor Hedoro/Pedoro
-Suggestions from the cast for season 2

And that's just off the top of my head.

I can't wait until I'm all caught up with the show! Which by my calculations should happen sometime in 2015. Good times.

Toradora 1 & 2

Ryuuji's mom is hot.

Only thing that needs to be said, really.

cajunator

Banned
Yeah, but Mai drawing whatever she wanted was actually what got me the most angry. Though I know the pain of stabbing myself with the wrong end of mechanical pencil all too well.

That is a highly accurate approximation of how that feels.

Infinite Stratos 01

Harem + giant robots = fun

Dub not very good, switched back to Japanese, but show is alright

ノ コメント

Keep it in Japanese.
When Charles speaks you will thank me.

Jintor

Infinite Stratos 02

This is a really little thing that pisses me off in shows, but I really hate it when monitors within-the-show just blatantly reuses the footage they already animated for the show itself. Like in Love Live when the 'youtube' footage of the concert has these amazing impossible camera angles, or in IS when the 'combat-monitoring' footage is being taken by apparently invisible cameras.

This show's action sequences are pretty decent.

Ichika really should read the goddamn manual for his giant robot suit.

Anime really overuses shower scenes huh

Gintama 30ish-50

All done with season one of Gintama!

It's safe to say this show has me by the proverbial balls now. At this point I know the setting, I know the characters, I know their relationships, I know the core of the show, I know the comedy, I know the complete disregard for the laws of physics and I fucking love all of it.

Standouts include:

-The ice sculptures episode
-Kagura's dad arc
-Go Ninjas rescue Elizabeth arc
-My neighbor Hedoro/Pedoro
-Suggestions from the cast for season 2

And that's just off the top of my head.

I can't wait until I'm all caught up with the show! Which by my calculations should happen sometime in 2015. Good times.

Only thing that needs to be said, really.

You're about to hit the Benizakura arc which will blow your balls clean off. Enjoy!

Infinite Stratos 02

This is a really little thing that pisses me off in shows, but I really hate it when monitors within-the-show just blatantly reuses the footage they already animated for the show itself. Like in Love Live when the 'youtube' footage of the concert has these amazing impossible camera angles, or in IS when the 'combat-monitoring' footage is being taken by apparently invisible cameras.

This show's action sequences are pretty decent.

Ichika really should read the goddamn manual for his giant robot suit.

Dude! Why you try'in to bring me down with your reality man *puff* It's magic mang *puff* something something artistic license... something something Gundam cameras...

Jintor

I can't recall the last time a 'camera' footage of something wasn't just straight-up footage from the show. Probably a KyoAni thing sometime.

Narag

I can't recall the last time a 'camera' footage of something wasn't just straight-up footage from the show. Probably a KyoAni thing sometime.

In the first Zeta Gundam movie, they had camera footage in one of the newly animated parts that was actually just footage from the TV show :(

Ultimadrago

iDOLM@STER 20

alrightalrighty7y7k.png

Alright Chihaya, you make a good case.
That song was pretty good.

Narag

I guess I'm watching the Fate/Stay Night movie without knowing anything about Fate/Stay Night

You'll be lost as the the movie assume you're familiar with the TV serie/first route stuff. Lots of setup is presumed to be known to the viewer before divergence.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Syrinx: Don't worry, with Utena there are going to be certain things you probably won't pick up on the first time no matter how sharp you are. Missing Juri being a lesbian was just an outlier.

As the series goes on it will become increasingly necessary to take the depicted events symbolically and thematically, rather than literally, especially anything that occurs in a flashback.
What? No. While you do need to be cognizant of the symbollism presented, it's not like you should disregard what is actually going on.

Robotics;Notes 16
tumblr_mhvyq9ZoWN1qzk4cro2_500.png
tumblr_mhwti4Y2CJ1r7oi7wo1_500.gif

Pretty rewarding episode for much of it. Nothing better than seeing the struggles of people in a school club finally reach and accomplish their goal set out. It was actually really amazing. The soundtrack really works well and has lots of nice musical pieces highlighted through this episode especially the whole part on gunpro...

For much of the rest, it seemed to really ramp up in intensity and suspense.
Was so scared about the laser wireless power beam weapon and how they said it could kill someone, thought for sure an accident was going to happen, not that Subaru would be crushed by GunPro. Really depressing and creyed so much for he was my second favorite character after Kai. I just have some tiny hope that he managed to survive, somehow, maybe Aki had her thing activate and she was able to restore Gunpro's balance in the wind? Maybe.

Otherwise the other event just seemed way painful and harsh. The beautiful vista made it even more harsh and sad for Kai. I mean just how gorgeous the sunsetting over the ocean is and then we have her splat and fall over it, ouch. Worst, I thought Kai made the right move tackling her but it seemed to just not want to give up. Perhaps someone was controlling it behind the scenes due to wanting to keep something secret? I dont know, seems way suspicious. Worst yet, I wonder if she had or already been dying at that point, the internal blood, the sound from the click and I assume her backbone cracking at that point too. I was amazed she got strenght to push him aside before plunging over the cliff. Poor Kai. Hope he somehow manages to get through this as he was the closest to her and I wonder if someone would try to frame him as one to push her over. Hopefully he also gets the report no. 7

Narag

Dangaioh 1

Damn, looking awfully 80s there. And by 80s, I mean awesome. OP is good stuff too.
Wondered why Roll sounded so familiar. His VA is Ryo from the original Getter Robo tv series.

Articalys

A bunch of flyers being handed out at various anime stores have confirmed 14 members of the Devil Survivor 2 The Animation cast:
Hibiki Kuze -- CV: Hiroshi Kamiya
Daichi Shijima -- CV: Nobuhiko Okamoto
Io Nitta -- CV: Aya Uchida
Yamato Houtsuin -- CV: Junichi Suwabe
Anguished One -- CV: Takahiro Sakurai
Makoto Sako -- CV: Miyuki Sawashiro
Keita Wakui -- CV: Fuko Saito
Fumi Kanno -- CV: Rikako Yamaguchi
Yuzuru Akie -- CV: Mitsuaki Madono
Hinako Kujou -- CV: Ami Koshimizu
Otome Yanigaya -- CV: Yuka Iguchi
Airi Ban -- CV: Kana Asumi
Jungo Torii -- CV: Daisuke Namikawa
Ronaldo Kuriki -- CV: Rikiya Koyama

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Syrinx: Don't worry, with Utena there are going to be certain things you probably won't pick up on the first time no matter how sharp you are. Missing Juri being a lesbian was just an outlier.

As the series goes on it will become increasingly necessary to take the depicted events symbolically and thematically, rather than literally, especially anything that occurs in a flashback.
What? No. While you do need to be cognizant of the symbollism presented, it's not like you should disregard what is actually going on.

Cuticle Detective Inaba 06

We got Sugita! Show became 10 times better!

So Sugita voices the Switch look-a-like who is a sexual molester to his imouto. Amazing.
It's pretty amusing he's playing as a father character now too.

Nice reveal in this episode. I really did like all the little actions that were happening in this episode while they were talking. While the second segment was a little dull, the wolf story was pretty cute and had more Sugita!

Novid

Banned
if you got time, or the phones that handle podcasts - you should be hearing your...favorite "poster yall cant understand" between sunday at 8 to 10 on the Toonami Podcast.

Are all mazinkaiser shows that 'animated' or is that some OVA?

Might need to get around to watching that. My list of super robot shows finished is pretty low :(

trejo

It's uhh...on the last page.

the internets said:
Palatalization or palatalisation (IPA: /ˌpælətəlɨˈzeɪʃən/) generally refers to two phenomena:

As a process or the result of a process, the effect that front vowels and the palatal approximant [j] frequently have on consonants;

As a phonetic description, the secondary articulation of consonants by which the body of the tongue is raised toward the hard palate during the articulation of the consonant. Such consonants are phonetically palatalized, and in the International Phonetic Alphabet they are indicated by a superscript 'j', as [tʲ] for a palatalized [t]. Prior to 1989, several palatalized consonants were represented by curly-tailed variants in the IPA, e.g. [ʆ] for [ʃʲ] and [ʓ] for [ʒʲ] (see Palatal hook).

???

kotoura-san 03

sheep <3

I don't get why kotoura is textbook super cute while I think every other character looks ugly as balls (well outside of glasses man!)

Branduil

Naw, Infinite Stratos is just haremshit. SAO is cancer.

It takes "haremshit" to new lows in insulting the intelligence of its audience, though. At least SAO had parts which were executed decently. The only part of IS that was executed well was the author's contract.

Articalys

JAM Project getting some more work in, this time theme songs for Space Battleship Yamato 2199:
Hironobu Kageyama (Dragon Ball Z, Saint Seiya), his JAM Project group (Cardfight!! Vanguard, Bakuman.), Shoko Nakagawa ("Shokotan," Beelzebub, Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood), and Isao Sasaki (Galaxy Express 999, original Space Battleship Yamato), and others will unite to sing the classic opening theme song for the television broadcast of the Space Battleship Yamato 2199 anime series/film project. The series will premiere on television in Japan in April with the "Uch&#363; Senkan Yamato" opening theme by this "dream team" tentatively named "Yamato All-Stars."

Sasaki sang the "Uch&#363; Senkan Yamato" song for the original anime series of the same name, and he then contributed a new version of the song as well as the ending theme song "Makkana Scarf" to last year's theatrical run of the current Space Battleship Yamato 2199 remake. "Yamato All-Stars'" new version of "Uch&#363; Senkan Yamato" will replace songs that Sasaki, Aira Yuki, Aki Misato, and Kokia performed separately for the project's previous theatrical, Blu-ray Disc, and DVD releases.

A portion of the proceeds from the sales of the new opening theme version's CD will be donated to the areas affected by the March 2011 earthquake and tsunami.

Kageyama will also perform the ending theme song for the theatrical release of the series' fifth installment, which will premiere in 12 theaters in Japan on April 13. JAM Project will perform the ending theme song for the series' sixth installment.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
It takes "haremshit" to new lows in insulting the intelligence of its audience, though. At least SAO had parts which were executed decently. The only part of IS that was executed well was the author's contract.
IS is Bill O'Reilly. Sure, he's crazy and is almost always wrong, but at least he's respectable and is mostly comparable to a human being.

SAO is Glenn Beck living on his shitty Randian island charging American idiots 9.99 to listen to his shitty podcasts or whatever it is he's doing nowadays. He represents the long term trend of the failure of the American state and the inevitable downfall of everything that America stands for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom