• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -5| This is stupid, kayos90 sucks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jex

Yeah, really. There were really a lot of missed opportunities... but then again, being less beholden to that hook allowed them to just do normal stories without being tied to any particular theme.

I mean, I'm not sure if they would have given us a better show if every episode was based on a fairy tale or something like that.

Why bother? Princess Tutu has already done it in terms of traditional fairy tales.

Thoraxes

Devil Suvivor 2 fans, it's WAIFU WAIFU time!

fumi_ph01.jpg

airi_ph01.jpg

HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN-

-GGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

They made Airi even cuter idk how!

Shergal

From the new world 19

Time for pay off!

God, this was easily the best episode in the whole series. Insanely good storyboard, really good usage of music (unlike the majority of the show), and at last some honest to goodness SAKUGA on the second half.

The staff for this obviously realises that the show's stand-out factor and greatest asset is its atmosphere, and here they exploited it to its maximum potential, blowing everything else in the show out of the water.
THAT DOOR SCENE.

I'm not going to bother with screencaps, people should experience the episode's powerful images in context.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Toradora! 13

Wow, so much happened in this episode. Can't wait to see where the second half of the series goes from here. :D I wonder if
Minorin really does turn out to "prefer girls", as she put it. I kinda hope so, since that means less standing in the way of RyujiXTaiga :D

Taiga~~

iavi

Gintama 261

So, I teared up a bit. That was nicely done.

I feel like the series is coming to its end, or gearing up for it. Not only was the amount of politics talk unusual of the series, this focus on Gin's
past and Shoyo was unprecedented. And now that the Kiheitai have made their move, I don't see this ball slowing.

Lain

Sword Art Online 16-25

I had fun watching it. Nothing deep, lots of fluff and a plot that has things fall into place way too easily, but it made me feel pumped watching, it made me laugh and it also gave an episode 24 with the best conclusion to an NTR scenario one could hope for (too bad majority of NTR stories don't end like that).

All in all a pretty enjoyable show.

Psycho-Pass 16

YES! Akane was finally useful!! I also liked the choice she made, making her a better person than most (and a better detective too since
dead criminals can't answer questions).

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Toradora! 14

Based on the first five minutes, I thought this episode might have been kinda bad, but I should have known better. Great stuff, and it definitely set up some interesting scenarios.
Does Ami really have feelings for Ryuji? Did Kitamura get dumped by the President girl? Was he dating her this whole time?

Taiga~~

Neo C.

Chihayafuru S2 episode 5:
Karuta is full of mini-, mid- and end-bosses.

Chihayafuru 2 5:[...] Kana was great in this episode. She pretty much stole every scene she was in.
Seeing her step her game in the match and showing that she shouldn't be underestimated was great

I like how she creates her own and very unique style with focus on etiquette, stand and rhythm.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Toradora! 16

Damn, I knew
there was something between Kitamura and Sumire
. No time to write more, off to the next episode! :D Oh, and that
fight scene between Taiga and Sumire was amazing

Taiga~~

-Minsc-

Gintama 30ish-50

All done with season one of Gintama!

It's safe to say this show has me by the proverbial balls now. At this point I know the setting, I know the characters, I know their relationships, I know the core of the show, I know the comedy, I know the complete disregard for the laws of physics and I fucking love all of it.

Standouts include:

-The ice sculptures episode
-Kagura's dad arc
-Go Ninjas rescue Elizabeth arc
-My neighbor Hedoro/Pedoro
-Suggestions from the cast for season 2

And that's just off the top of my head.

I can't wait until I'm all caught up with the show! Which by my calculations should happen sometime in 2015. Good times.

It's great to see you are enjoying it. You haven't even gotten to the real awesome stuff yet. If you didn't watch through the earlier episodes which introduced the characters do you think the show would have the same grip on you as it does now?

Gintama 261

So, I teared up a bit. That was nicely done.

I feel like the series is coming to its end, or gearing up for it. Not only was the amount of politics talk unusual of the series, this focus on Gin's
past and Shoyo was unprecedented. And now that the Kiheitai have made their move, I don't see this ball slowing.

It's Sorachi, he'll find a way to make it last.

cajunator

Banned
I guess Im so used to watching lazy dubs Im used to this sort of stuff.
Besides its mothafuckin Penguindrum on bluray.
Cant complain much.

Lain

From The New World 19

This episode had some great facial work. The expressions changed in a pretty good way and it fit so much the mood. It really helped set the tension and the level of discomfort the characters were feeling.

About the
creature, while the most obvious conclusion would be that it's the product of Mamoru x Maria, I get the feeling it's going to be the product of a Queerat x Maria.
I wonder if it'll be revealed next episode.

cajunator

Banned
Also there is nothing wrong with a 1080i video.
Its still quite good.
Unless you compare it side by side to 1080p cannot tell the difference.
Especially since anime is so affordable.

wonzo

Banned
I guess Im so used to watching lazy dubs Im used to this sort of stuff.
Besides its mothafuckin Penguindrum on bluray.
Cant complain much.
I sure as hell can about bad compression artifacts and 1080i even though it was advertised as 1080p. This shit simply isn't defensible.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Toradora! 17

Hey, finally a new OP and ED! And they're pretty good too.
Hey, that girl who's always calling Kitamura "four eyes" DOES have a thing for him. Cool. And Ryuji's starting to realize that he has feelings for Taiga. Also cool! Also, Taiga was WAY happier than usual in this episode. Kinda jarring. :lol

Taiga~~

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
You efficiency, it shames me.

I really don't want to be burning through the show as fast as I am, but I just can't help it. Unless something really shitty happens by the end
(and by that I mean RyujiXTaiga not happening)
, this'll absolutely be my second favorite anime ever (nothing will ever top Nichijou).

Kazzy

I really don't want to be burning through the show as fast as I am, but I just can't help it.

That's the best though! Ideally, I like to watch all my shows this way. I find it much easier to form a complete opinion. And you know, it speaks volumes as to how much you enjoyed it.

All this talk is certainly making me reconsider what I should prioritize next.

cajunator

Banned
I suppose Im just happy to have bluray versions of stuff in the first place.
Whether is is progressive scan or interlace is of little concern.

Shergal

Toradora left a void in me after I finished it, more so than any other show I've watched.

I don't even think it was that good, I wouldn't put it even close to my favourite shows and I didn't find it to be somehow immensely more enjoyable than anything else while watching, but when I finished it I found myself being down inexplicably and irrationally.
I still don't know why this happened.

Branduil

Apparently the Penguindrum and Bodacious Space Pirates BD's are actually 1080i. Fuck you Sentai.

The Cowboy Bebop bluray is 1080i too, isn't it?

You actually shouldn't lose any detail from a 1080i60 bluray compared to a 1080p24, it will just add interlacing artifacts(which can be a problem if your display doesn't deinterlace well).

Shit like this simply isn't acceptable.

Yeah, looks like atrocious compression is a much bigger problem here. Even if it was 1080p, those artifacts would still ruin the picture.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Toradora left a void in me after I finished it, more so than any other show I've watched.

I don't even think it was that good, I wouldn't put it even close to my favourite shows and I didn't find it to be somehow immensely more enjoyable than anything else while watching, but when I finished it I found myself being down inexplicably and irrationally.
I still don't know why this happened.

cenq3oT.jpg

I'm scared...

cajunator

Banned

You actually shouldn't lose any detail from a 1080i60 bluray compared to a 1080p24, it will just add interlacing artifacts(which can be a problem if your display doesn't deinterlace well).

Yeah, looks like atrocious compression is a much bigger problem here. Even if it was 1080p, those artifacts would still ruin the picture.

I really cant spot the differences in that link.
Maybe its because im on my phone right now and the pics are too small to see it.

BluWacky

I'm so disappointed about the Penguindrum issues. I know it will be too much to hope for a different localisation when Kaze eventually release them in the UK, but I suppose I can hope (in vain) for a better mastering.

wonzo

Banned
Why isnt it acceptable? Its a really cheap set.
For the price its totally acceptable.
No it isn't, there's absolutely no excuse for those kinds of compression artefacts with BD releases. None.

Yeah, i'm not that fussed about the 1080i as my setup can deinterlace stuff without any issues, it's just that it was advertised as otherwise on the box so it's a pretty dick move. It seems they listed it as 1080i on the 2nd set releases so hopefully they don't pull this shit again with Colorful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom