• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -5| This is stupid, kayos90 sucks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Articalys

So... apparently GSC is making a KYH figure? It's what I heard...
oUCS5RU.jpg
Yes.

Syrinx

(first five minutes or so) Revolutionary Girl Utena 12

OH MY GOD WHAT THE FUCK WHAT THE FUCK WHAT. THE. MOTHERFUCKING FUCK, UTENA?! THE FUCK IS THIS GIRLS UNIFORM BULLSHIT?! YOU'RE THE MOTHERFUCKING PRINCE, GODDAMMIT! WHY ARE YOU LETTING THEM FUCKING WIN?! FUCK SHIT DICK ASS TITS FUCK CORNED BEEF CUNT SHIT COCKSUCKER FUUUUUUCCKKKKKKKKKKK?!

I'm mad again.

Narag

(first five minutes or so) Revolutionary Girl Utena 12

OH MY GOD WHAT THE FUCK WHAT THE FUCK WHAT. THE. MOTHERFUCKING FUCK, UTENA?! THE FUCK IS THIS GIRLS UNIFORM BULLSHIT?! YOU'RE THE MOTHERFUCKING PRINCE, GODDAMMIT! WHY ARE YOU LETTING THEM FUCKING WIN?! FUCK SHIT DICK ASS TITS FUCK CORNED BEEF CUNT SHIT COCKSUCKER FUUUUUUCCKKKKKKKKKKK?!

I'm mad again.

jacknod.gif

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 24 - The Sigh of Haruhi Suzumiya Part 5

Great conclusion, though the koizumi/kyon, kyon/nagato, and kyon/asahina conversations were all so compelling.
Was so strange that Asahina was suggesting a theory against Koizumi's when no ones theory could truly be truth. I like the haruhi is a god one the most rather than simply detecting odd phenomenon that has always existed but being unable to recognize it.

Syrinx

Okay, I am getting super-ultra pissed off right now. FUCK YOU TOUGA COMING IN FOR YOUR FUCKING VICTORY LAP! CUT HIS DICK OFF UTENA!

Jubern

Was snowboarding for the last days, so I had a lot of catch-up to do!

Gintama episode I forgot the number

Would you look at that, a story-heavy episode! It was so goooood. Not expecting a follow-up to those events until a long time, unfortunately. But it's okay!

Psycho-Pass 16

I've pretty much always been supporting the series, so I loved this episode. However, I really wish they didn't
kept the system's nature a secret YET AGAIN
. Also, I really liked
Kagari, so his death hit me pretty hard.

Can't wait for next week.

Robotics;Notes 16

It's getting harder and harder to care, honestly. Both events came out of left field, but not in a good way if you ask me. Like, drama just for drama's sake. I've come this far (and it's right after Psycho-Pass, might as well just leave TV on lol) so I'll definitely watch it until the end, but I really have low expectations for the last episodes. Too bad.

JoJo 18

Fucking delivered. Romance part felt forced, but eh, that's the last reason I'm watching JoJo for. Wish they didn't spoil "that" since last week's preview, since it was barely relevant :/

From the New World 18

Incredible atmosphere in this episode, the horror vibe was great. I'm with the people who think
it's Maria and Mamoru's kid.

Maoyuu 5
Chihayafuru 2 5

Love both shows but don't really have anything to say.

Also, on a totally different note, I just finished Linebarrels of Iron. And it really wasn't very good. Cliché galore, they crammed every trope they could into that shit... I'm not sure how I managed to rush through that thing that quickly considering I didn't really enjoy the ride. Next stop in my Super Robot Wars UX prep, Mazinkaiser SKL or Demonbane.

-Minsc-

(Anime Break!)

Self Defence (1983 film)

SelfDefence.png

Just look at that face, you know he's a bad guy.

I saw this on my Facebook wall tonight so on the spur of the moment I went ahead and watched it. Seeing it took place in Halifax, Nova Scotia (my provincial neighbour) it piqued my interest.

The plot: A fascist group who call themselves New Order want to set some "new rules" in town while the police in Halifax (Nova Scotia, Canada) are on strike. They try to scare all of the homosexuals in a bar, but by accident the owner of the establishment is killed, and the leader of the bullies then decides to execute all witnesses. One guy, though, escapes and takes refuge in an isolated block of flats. The young tenants in the house refuse to hand over the survivor, and the bullies then decide to get rid of all the residents in the house. This turns out to be not so easy when the young people in the house barricade their apartments and set up traps and arm themselves in order to fight back.

The movie was obviously low budget, the video quality was low, and the acting wouldn't win any awards. Still, these types of movies can be cool to watch. It was certainly suspenseful.

If your looking for an old and unknown thriller, check it out.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Psycho-Pass 16

I've pretty much always been supporting the series, so I loved this episode. However, I really wish they didn't
kept the system's nature a secret YET AGAIN
. Also, I really liked
Kagari, so his death hit me pretty hard.

Yeah the episode was so amazing but god damn
poor Kagari literally hit -every- death flag known to man kind in this episode.

The fighting scenes in this episode were so cool, I really loved the variety
god damn german suplexes, randy orton style punts to the head and Akane knocking a dude the fuck out with a helmet, it was basically a giant WWE match :p

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 24 - The Sigh of Haruhi Suzumiya Part 5

Great conclusion, though the koizumi/kyon, kyon/nagato, and kyon/asahina conversations were all so compelling.
Was so strange that Asahina was suggesting a theory against Koizumi's when no ones theory could truly be truth. I like the haruhi is a god one the most rather than simply detecting odd phenomenon that has always existed but being unable to recognize it.

And now for the movie. Then the wait for the next season should it ever happen.
As far as their theories go odds are none of them are right. My money is on Kyon causing all this somehow, it sort of fits with what we know.

zeroshiki

Thanks for your impressions, zeroshiki!

Have you made yourself with the movie pamphlet? Maybe they had it available there, and I suppose it is still the same one distributed for those new theater openings:

『ゴティックメード −花の詩女−』レビュー
http://cozyymt.blogspot.com.es/2012/11/blog-post.html

I never thought to take a pamphlet with me but I did get a free trading card of the bad guy/extra.

card.jpg

LOL, I'm sorry.

It sounds like Nagano just got tired of making the movie forever. At least tell us how the hand-drawn rain scene was.

I never thought about that, you're right. So that's why they took so long focusing on rain drops and stuff. The rain scene was pretty great. Except for one character who was under some kind of shield/shade (lol) they were actually reacting to the rain hitting them pretty realistically. Hair got wet, water dripped, the whole thing.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Nope, didn't work. Went to sleep, woke up still thinking about Toradora. I think I'm actually depressed over here. And I don't know why, since
everything turned out the way I wanted it to in the end
. I guess it's because
the whole thing with Taiga leaving for over a year made me feel really, really bad for Ryuji
. Or maybe it's just as ZachDeKoromaru and Shergal said, with the whole "void" thing. =/

Note to self: Don't watch romance anime anymore. =/

Jubern

Yeah the episode was so amazing but god damn
poor Kagari literally hit -every- death flag known to man kind in this episode.

The fighting scenes in this episode were so cool, I really loved the variety
god damn german suplexes, randy orton style punts to the head and Akane knocking a dude the fuck out with a helmet, it was basically a giant WWE match :p

He sure did,
it was pretty obvious since last week that he would bite it, but watching all those flags coming up one by one with him realizing it was... Dammit T_T
I'm really curious about what was going on with the police boss lady. So she's a robot, huh.

What was the episode about?

Woops, sorry. Latest one, last episode of the Suzuran arc. It felt nice after all that non-stop action, but I still liked last week's episode better because of how INSANE it was.

Xam'd: Lost Memories ep 1 and 2

Well Shut Up and Explode has to be one of the best op songs for an anime ever. Instantly addicting and pumps me up for the anime so much and just so fully and energy and life and everything. Hope the anime doesnt change it for that was awesome. The Ending song from Kylee is good too.

Actually pretty incredible start to the anime. Like the augment for Akiyuki and can't wait to see how he unleashes it in the future once he has full control. The drama of the family issues too hope it stays relevant. Otherwise excellent action and visuals. Can possibly be a favorite if it can hopefully keep a few of the minor things minor. Don't like the crew nor the captain much (why do we need kids on these crews in anime, I dont understand), the best friend girl is pretty idiotic and useless, hopefully neither receive extensive focus or becomes important to the plot.

Solid dub, hopefully will finish it all tomorrow...

Syrinx

Revolutionary Girl Utena 12

OOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HAHA YOU FUCKING LOST TOUGA YOU PIECE OF SHIT! HOW DOES IT MOTHERFUCKING FEEL?! YOU THOUGHT YOU WERE SUCH HOT SHIT AND UTENA WENT AND SHOWED YOU WHAT A PATHETIC BITCH YOU REALLY ARE! TAKE IT IN! TAKE IT ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL IN YOU FUCK! AHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHA!

*ahem*. Okay, MAJOR props to Wakaba. She knew what was fucking UP. I feel like she's supposed to be a sort of reflection for the viewer in this episode, the way she yells at Utena to stop taking Touga's shit, the way she told Touga to fuck off, and the way she told Himemiya to stop standing there like a mailbox while all this was going down.

Interesting to see that Himemiya does have actual thoughts of her own, the way she was imagining Utena there with her. She was clearly lonely and empty without her. And it had to have hurt her a little to be engaged to a guy who was fucking making out with another chick right while she's RIGHT FUCKING THERE! Fucking Touga man...I know he ain't gone for good, but damn, watching him go down was like watching the Phillies lose a playoff series and seeing all those heartbroken scumshit Phillies fans and seeing prickshit Jimmy Rollins all like "Say it ain't so!" and ahahaahhahahhahAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!

So Himemiya has another power other than holding the power of Dios, that she protects the sword of her master and gives it this glow. Interesting, but I highly doubt I've seen all there is to see about the Rose Bride.

Happy for now. But there's a looooooong way to go. And I can't wait.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Shipping update says its in your area.
Will probably deliver monday.
Last time I checked it was in Chicago. Fuck yeah!
Revolutionary Girl Utena 12

Happy for now. But there's a looooooong way to go. And I can't wait.
Episode thirteen is a recap episode, but I don't think you should skip it. Actually, have you got your Black Rose Saga set yet? If not, you might want to wait until you get that before checking episode thirteen.

Syrinx

Last time I checked it was in Chicago. Fuck yeah!

Episode thirteen is a recap episode, but I don't think you should skip it. Actually, have you got your Black Rose Saga set yet? If not, you might want to wait until you get that before checking episode thirteen.

Yeah I got it. I got the whole set now. Though I think Ep. 13 actually is on the Black Rose Saga anyway.

K-ON!! 22

Oh God, I know how this is gonna end and it ain't gonna be easy to watch.

Least the four seniors all passed and I guess they're all going to the same university now. Poor Azusa though won't go with them cause she's still got another year. That was a nice scene with her, Jun, and Ui, letting her know she'll still have friends.
Yeah, having them all pass and get into the same university was probably an out so they could have a way to have all the original characters stay together after graduation, which is exactly what happened in the manga.
K-ON!! 23

Speaking of which, what's Azu-nyan going to do in her senior year when all of the others have left?
N727y.gif

Watch episode 26 to find out.

Articalys

AKB0048 Next Stage 6

Those damn cliffhangers, man.

Also, oh my god I want to believe that
"I didn't give it up, I lost it" line from the in-story ex-Minegishi was influenced by recent events and not just a coincidence

never set foot in this topic, but i just bought a membership to crunchyroll because of space brothers. shit is ほんとうに良い.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Asked a friend for recommendations for some short series I could watch to pull me out of my Toradora-induced depression. He recommended Tamayura and Moritasan wa Mukuchi.

So, guess I'm gonna plow through those real quick.

(Man, I really wish I'd saved Candy Boy for now. That would have done the trick nicely.)

Asked a friend for recommendations for some short series I could watch to pull me out of my Toradora-induced depression. He recommended Tamayura and Moritasan wa Mukuchi.

So, guess I'm gonna plow through those real quick.

(Man, I really wish I'd saved Candy Boy for now. That would have done the trick nicely.)

Morita-san is best soulless eye moe.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
[Space Brothers] 43

I'm gonna give the show a free pass here because of artistic licence, but
Hibito should have died there
, even with the time dilation shenanigans common of this type of drama. :/

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Out of curiosity, are people enjoying the current/ending(?) arc of Space Bros? There have been some especially egregious long stares and pans occasionally followed by teleportation lately.

It was kind of weird to have everyone celebrating saving Hibito when this other guy is still off freezing to death. All of this space stuff is really the opposite of what I want out of Space Bros. I guess I find myself preferring the more genuine interactions over cheesy action and ghost dad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom