• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -5| This is stupid, kayos90 sucks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sonicmj1

Mouryou no Hako

This show can be a real headache to follow at times so I thought I should compile what we know by the end of episode five.

You are a hero and a gentleman. Even if "war" came out as "way" twice (did you do this on your phone? If so, I am awed), and even if you mixed up your picture of the unnamed prostitute.

It's good to have all this stuff in front of me, just so I'm sure I understand where things stand at the moment.

Jex

Ah, I've dashed out and haven't had time to thoroughly proof read my post yet. Just puttng it all together took long enough! I'm sick of looking at it.

Ultimadrago

[Mouryou no Hako] - 5

This show, and Kyougokudo, are straight up trolling:

MouryounoHako51_zps17aefe29.jpg

MouryounoHako52_zpsa09712cb.jpg

????

Oh boy.

Little Busters 18
tumblr_mhzn97DWWd1qa94xto2_500.gif

Solid conclusion to that story
glad they went an apology understanding end to a happy one.
. I think the OP had been teasing it for awhile and its nice to have those three scenes taken care of. I wonder if next episode they'll be changed out for something else.

Ultimadrago

Ah, I've dashed out and haven't had time to thoroughly proof read my post yet. Just puttng it all together took long enough! I'm sick of looking at it.

Now you know how I felt compiling the AnimeGAF Awards!

On a serious note, I am quite grateful for the post. Though one of your spoiler brackets is broken, might want to touch on it.

In addition, he's also the writer behind Requiem from the Darkness! Go and count up all the similarities in your spare time.

Aaah. Man, if only I had the time, I would go back and start a counter.

Sazae-san Episode 2,690 or "Haiku and Cherry Blosssom"

Some classic Sazae-san from roughly 4,000 episodes ago (roughly the mid 80's). The quality of the video was not very good, it seems like it was recorded on a VHS tape.

This episode seemed to be about Katsuo meeting Grandpa Ura-no(?) (He lives with his wife at the back of Sazae's family's house) and noticing the cherry blossom tree in his garden. Some haikus are then written. That's all I could make out here.

Metrotab

Banned
Mouryou no Hako - 5

This episode dealt a lot with clearvoyance. Don't exactly how it ties into the mystery, but I'm assuming this is a prelude for things to come.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast

Jex

Mouryou no Hako

I'd just like to mention some of the obvious call outs this series has to the mystery genre. Besides Sekiguchi openly mentioning discuss tropes of the mystery genre there is also the presence of numerous 'investigators' in the series.

We have Detective Kiba, who is your traditional police detective who investigates people, interviews important characters and looks for inconsistencies.

We have the journalists type investigators in the form of Atsuko and Toradochi.

We have Enokizu Reijirou as the slightly rude, slightly full of himself private detective that appears to be able to intuit things very easily.

Finally we have Kyougokudou as the all knowing character who as already got everything figured out. He possesses a worrying amount of insight into the case.

I'm not quite sure where Sekugichi fits into this team of investigators, or why the series has quite so many characters investigating this mystery.

Hunter x Hunter 66
tumblr_mi0dxqdGR41rw47iyo1_500.gif

Really good episode highlighting the GREED part of Greed Island. Killua was just so epic in the whole exam.

I like that focus is back on the game though Ive forgotten the reward of winning. I know Biskuit wants some precious stone, and Gon wants to meet his dad, and Killua is there just for Gon, but what does Tsezguerra and the bomber want for winning?

Kind of nervous for Tsezguerra, he will probably lose somehow to the bomber somehow since luck is on their side, unless somehow the dude with the nen monsters from last episode comes to the trade. Wonder if Gon and co will meet up with him and get involved. The Hisoka thing was also interesting with the ever smiling Shalnark. If they are successful in finding that nen exorcist then Ill be hyped for a second showdown of Kurapika and Chrollo, and even Hisoka v Chrollo, full power.

So many cards, I wonder if a databook was released detailing them all, thank goodness for Crunchyroll translating them all on screen.

Branduil

So was Penguin Drums last arc bad or something?

I never see you guys mention the anime anymore.

It's not so much the last arc is bad, because it's not, but rather that once it ended I realized how many subplots were left as strands and the lack of cohesion in the final story soured it a little bit.

Ultimadrago

Mouryou no Hako

Detective Kiba (The Police Detective)

MnHSummary17_zpsff8dc68b.jpg

fellow law enforcement office who appears to start linking the two cases together.

I'd also like to add that this guy gives me "the creeps".
His tone, slight eye movement and face through that entire scene gave me warrant.

Metrotab

Banned
Windy Tales - 5

Everyone needs to have had a cool teacher in their high school life. Mine was the History and Classics teacher, who pretty much knew everything about Western history and often went on long tangents filled with hilarious anecdotes about whatever Emperor, King or man of great importance appeared in our curriculum.

sonicmj1

Windy Tales - 5

Everyone needs to have had a cool teacher in their high school life. Mine was the History and Classics teacher, who pretty much knew everything about Western history and often went on long tangents filled with hilarious anecdotes about whatever Emperor, King or man of great importance appeared in our curriculum.

I had a music teacher where we spent the majority of the class talking about things that weren't music. He also could really bring music history to life sometimes. I still think about Beethoven as the "punk rock" of his era of classical music.

At one point during high school he was walking off the New York subway on the commute to school when someone punched him in the face out of nowhere and broke his jaw. He was out of school for months.

The band got him boxing gloves as a present when he came back.

Jex

It's not so much the last arc is bad, because it's not, but rather that once it ended I realized how many subplots were left as strands and the lack of cohesion in the final story soured it a little bit.

I have a feeling that it might be better consume from start to finish relatively quickly, rather than week by week.

Metrotab

Banned
Samurai Champloo - 4

Pretty funny how this ended with
both Yakuza leaders dead.
Which makes we wonder how Yakuza positions are inherited.

Syrinx

The original DVD release listed episodes by name, but they forgot to list 12 and 13. The first time I watched Utena I stopped at 11, thinking that was all I had.

Dude...

I don't even know what I'd do if I thought that was the end. I was almost ready to punch a dog in the face.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
It's important to note Nezumi and the other people involved in the deal are anomalies. The marines for the most part are generally not that corrupt (or at least not in that way), and are in fact on the other side of the extreme, going to great, even immoral lengths to capture pirates.
Ah, well, that's a bit more understandable then. lol

I don't think Luffy's holding back. He probably isn't consciously not killing people as much as he's just fighting super resilient people. Luffy just doesn't do anything else when they're knocked out.

In fact, the characters essentially being iron walls is something that many people complain about. Later on, characters survive such ridiculous situations that it may take you out of the moment more than calling attacks.
I guess at some point you have to keep upping the ante to keep the battles interesting/the same length as other battles. Presumably One Piece will never get as silly as Asura's wrath though. lol

If it wouldn't sell then they shouldn't have licensed it. Tarnishing a series with a substandard release is inexcusable and shows a lack of concern for the people who actually will be buying it.
Assuming it's based on a bidding process, I assume it's because they were willing to pay more than anyone else for the rights. Presumably they've found a way to make it work though.

Kazzy

I guess at some point you have to keep upping the ante to keep the battles interesting/the same length as other battles. Presumably One Piece will never get as silly as Asura's wrath though. lol

Which is a shame, as there's something to be said about that game's particular brand of crazy.

Articalys

One day the lead writers from CyberConnect2 will get to actually work on a normal manga/anime, and it will be great.

Theonik

∀ Gundam: Called Turn-A-Gundam 25 Half-way point!
Shit got real this episode. Moustache doin' some damage there. Won't say much more for spoilers plus, I want to get to 26 already!

Cardfight!! Vanguard Asia Circuit 74 (eng dub)
tumblr_mi0idbXl8e1qbxqfpo1_500.png
tumblr_mi0idbXl8e1qbxqfpo2_500.png

Almost caught up to the dub schedule. Really good episode for the great nature deck of Team SIT Genius. Shenlong with those doubts with Christopher Lo...I bet will bring the team down. Predicting Aichi Sendou will lose and Kamui and Misaki somehow winning. Liked the deck and cards, Schoolyard Prodigy Lox, Pencil Squire Hammasuke, Law Official Lox and more along with the usual favs of Amatarasou, CEO Amatarasou, and Beast Diety Azure Dragon. They really do comedy well here, everything at card capitol is hilarious especially the personalities of Ali Fazl on SIT. Ali Fazl and Kamui would be a good team.

Steins;Gate 1-4 - Rewatch

Got the BD's in from Right Stuf the other day. Watching this time with the dub, which is really quite good. The show looks amazing in HD as well. Having seen the series once already it's interesting to go back through from the beginning and seeing how everything ties together. I love the show.

Revolutionary Girl Utena 12

OOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HAHA YOU FUCKING LOST TOUGA YOU PIECE OF SHIT! HOW DOES IT MOTHERFUCKING FEEL?! YOU THOUGHT YOU WERE SUCH HOT SHIT AND UTENA WENT AND SHOWED YOU WHAT A PATHETIC BITCH YOU REALLY ARE! TAKE IT IN! TAKE IT ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL IN YOU FUCK! AHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHA!

*ahem*. Okay, MAJOR props to Wakaba. She knew what was fucking UP. I feel like she's supposed to be a sort of reflection for the viewer in this episode, the way she yells at Utena to stop taking Touga's shit, the way she told Touga to fuck off, and the way she told Himemiya to stop standing there like a mailbox while all this was going down.

Interesting to see that Himemiya does have actual thoughts of her own, the way she was imagining Utena there with her. She was clearly lonely and empty without her. And it had to have hurt her a little to be engaged to a guy who was fucking making out with another chick right while she's RIGHT FUCKING THERE! Fucking Touga man...I know he ain't gone for good, but damn, watching him go down was like watching the Phillies lose a playoff series and seeing all those heartbroken scumshit Phillies fans and seeing prickshit Jimmy Rollins all like "Say it ain't so!" and ahahaahhahahhahAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!

So Himemiya has another power other than holding the power of Dios, that she protects the sword of her master and gives it this glow. Interesting, but I highly doubt I've seen all there is to see about the Rose Bride.

Happy for now. But there's a looooooong way to go. And I can't wait.

Loving your Utena impressions, keep them coming.

duckroll

Whatever DiGiKerot is watching right now, it's going to be announced in an hour: http://www.facebook.com/alltheanime?ref=stream

We're getting ready here for the big reveal tomorrow of our first feature film - which will come to cinemas further across the UK in Spring.

We're looking forward to announcing it. For now though - we're devising some new give-aways for Facebook...

We're all ready to go here - the announcement will go live both on our website and Facebook at 18:30 tonight!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom