• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -5| This is stupid, kayos90 sucks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

wonzo

Banned
Puchimas 30

puchimasu30.jpg

puchimasu30a.jpg

good riddance

Cwarrior

Rurouni Kenshin ep26

This pirate arc is really crap, I've seen this type of story done 10 dozens times or something before I've lost count, another one of these stories about a group of mercenary/pirates/thieves/outlaws who are lead by a supposedly fierce strong female but it turns out she actually has a fragile heart of gold and one of her subordinate plots to steal leader ship from her of the group cause his against being lead by a woman.

Too make it extra dumb this useless bitch goes all tsundere 6 seconds flat after kenshin beats her weak ass.

Episode 25-27 - The Red Pirate filler arc

I had a feeling this crap was filler right from the start but seriously there no excuse for filler for being this bad.

Mature

Kemonozume - 1 "First Taste"
ibxCecC7oygPNQ.gif

Such a great scene. I love that the two brothers were going to have this huge showdown and it was entirely prevented by a (seemingly) random monkey.

I saw this episode maybe five years ago, but for whatever reason, never got around to watching the rest of the show. There's a few things I remember (such as the scene above), but a few things I don't. Most noticeably, the music. It's really hard to go wrong with a really jazzy tone. It definitely gave off a sort of Bebop vibe from that alone which is obviously not a bad thing. The art was occasionally hard to follow in some scenes just because of how abstract it could occasionally get. I could see it being a turn off for some people, but it's my understanding that this is Masaki Yuasa's (very unique) trademark style. It sure was hard for me in the little I saw of Tatami Galaxy (A show that gets a lot of due praise around here and one I wish I enjoyed more), but I think here it's a bit temperedsimply because it's not coupled with the lightning fast, hard-to-follow dialogue.

I think this is a good first episode, story-wise. It manages to convey and effectively flesh out several big plot points without being largely conversation driven:
  1. Flesh eating monsters roam the world in humans skin
  2. There's a special group that exists to stop them
  3. They're not very good at it, but they refuse to modernize
  4. Toshihiko has a troubled history with a girl that makes fighting the monsters problematic
Hopefully the momentum achieved here wont be dropped in the subsequent episodes.

oPMxIDA.jpg
fVoEg2X.jpg

ETEsfzG.jpg
EOd2otW.jpg

Narag

Rurouni Kenshin ep26

This pirate arc is really crap, I've seen this type of story done 10 dozens times or something before I've lost count, another one of these stories about a group of mercenary/pirates/thieves/outlaws who are lead by a supposedly fierce strong female but it turns out she actually has a fragile heart of gold and one of her subordinate plots to steal leader ship from her of the group cause his against being lead by a woman.

Too make it extra dumb this useless bitch goes all tsundere 6 seconds flat after kenshin beats her weak ass.

Episode 25-27 - The Red Pirate filler arc

I had a feeling this crap was filler right from the start but seriously there no excuse for filler for being this bad.
Almost to Kyoto Arc'

Jintor

I didn't really like Idolmaster beyond the first episode but I should probably watch it again to recover from Toradora, if Cain is any indication

I'm l@dy~

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I am an Anime Watcher.

You can't tell me what to do.
While you're wasting time taking plane trips to Japan, I'm experiencing true Japan with my SoLs.
This isn't the American dream. Who cares about white picket fences. 9 to 5 slaving away in a cubicle. I can be what I want to be and I want to be a self insert in a harem show.
People call me the Eternal Virgin and yet I've got a pure 2D waifu who'll never cheat on me and leave me in debt.
Who needs a useless degree when you can learn proper lessons like friendship conquers all.

I am an Anime Watcher.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Doki Doki Precure is just a bland show... and we're at the point where the tropes are just so bare that I don't even know if the show is making fun of them or just trying to unironically reproduce them.

Selfishness is still a stupid theme to work with (I missed my subway train! Now I will turn into a subway train and destroy the city!), the whole Cure Sword thing is so transparent, and the show just looks bland.

Like, why does the show do this?
tEn6LVMl.jpg

In Smile, it was used for comedic or dramatic effect. In this episode, it's just extreme close ups for the sake of close ups.

Man, this just feels like such a downgrade. The Smile intro episodes weren't exactly breaking new ground either, but at least it was interesting to watch and have the cast of characters come together. Doki Doki doesn't even do that much.

Hell, even the transformations and the attacks are stupid looking. How do you mess that up? :(

wonzo

Banned
I am an Anime Watcher.

You can't tell me what to do.
While you're wasting time taking plane trips to Japan, I'm experiencing true Japan with my SoLs.
This isn't the American dream. Who cares about white picket fences. 9 to 5 slaving away in a cubicle. I can be what I want to be and I want to be a self insert in a harem show.
People call me the Eternal Virgin and yet I've got a pure 2D waifu who'll never cheat on me and leave me in debt.
Who needs a useless degree when you can learn proper lessons like friendship conquers all.

I am an Anime Watcher.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_j3AOApdkoQ

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Doki Doki Precure is just a bland show... and we're at the point where the tropes are just so bare that I don't even know if the show is making fun of them or just trying to unironically reproduce them.

Selfishness is still a stupid theme to work with (I missed my subway train! Now I will turn into a subway train and destroy the city!), the whole Cure Sword thing is so transparent, and the show just looks bland.

Like, why does the show do this?
http://i.imgur.com/tEn6LVMl.jpg[IMG]

In [B]Smile[/B], it was used for comedic or dramatic effect. In this episode, it's just extreme close ups for the sake of close ups.

Man, this just feels like such a downgrade. The [B]Smile[/B] intro episodes weren't exactly breaking new ground either, but at least it was interesting to watch and have the cast of characters come together. Doki Doki doesn't even do that much.

Hell, even the transformations and the attacks are stupid looking. How do you mess that up? :([/QUOTE]

Just watch HeartCatch instead, by far the most :firehawk Precure show.

Region B mojo.

Pretty much. It seems that Japanese companies no longer give a damn of reverse importation of DVDs, and the Blu Ray regions have been fiddled with such that the UK & Europe no longer has the same region as Japan. Hence, cheap anime blu rays for the UK while the US (which shares the Blu Ray region with Japan) gets screwed over.

Syrinx

The iDOLM@STER 19

So wait, Takane was police chief for a day...can they do that? Eh, it was honorary anyway, so I guess so. What made that so awesome was that it was all part of Takane's master plan to catch the paparazzi stalking her in the act. And then she grabbed him and threw him to the ground over her head like a fucking boss! Finally, an episode for Takane to shine in the spotlight. Wonder what her "home country" is, though. Still too much mystery around her, dammit! Though that's what makes her so cool to begin with. But I wanna know more!

Next episode, this show is finally-finally-show this whole deal with Chihaya they've been teasing for a while now. It better be good,

Articalys

Y'know, considering how they yanked any mention of Makoto from the official DokiDoki website, it's amusing how she's right there in the OP alongside everyone else. But I guess that's standard Precure protocol.

Instro

Doki Doki Precure 1-2

Some of this early going is sloppy, and the dialogue is silly, but I'm seeing some nice improvements this time around from Smile. Significantly better music thanks to Takaki's score(what's up with the sound mixing though?), the monsters are also a step up so far both in design and personality, and it seems like the fight direction and animation is bit better as well. There was a really nice hand to hand sequence in episode 2.

wonzo

Banned
I don't know why people dog on the first half of Hyouka when episodes 4 and 5 were two of the best in the entire series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom