• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -5| This is stupid, kayos90 sucks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
[Nadia: The Secret of Blue Water] 30
0vdeEEz.png
And you guys wanted me to miss on Sanson and Hanson riding a chariot pulled by boars. Shame on you.
HOLY FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU A NAUTILUS FACTORY! SECOND IMPACT HERE WE GO

Jarmel

Banned
So was going through old posts on Xam'd on AnimeSuki, as I'm debating a rewatch and wanted to know my old complaints, and ran across this beautiful line from duckroll,
Kyoda's writing and direction definitely has a very deep and meaningly style to it that gives all the characters the needed shades to be convincing in their deliveries, ESPECIALLY in romance.

How times have changed I guess. At the time, I probably thought something similar.

Jintor

Toradora 22

"Recovery" episode. Not too much of note beyond further Minorin hints and Ryuuji repeatedly punching himself in the thoughts

Space Brothers 1-9

This show is a little slow. It might just not be for me. I'm enjoying it, but I feel myself having a hard time sitting through the 22 minutes of an episode in a single sitting.

Psycho Pass

So I saw episode 1 of this, and it seemed fairly predictable. Is it worth watching? Does it throw any interesting twists in?

Space bros is slow and the budget is bare, but mutta being hilarious and the epic track keeps me watching.

psycho pass... duckroll will hype, but don't listen to his lies!

Well it's aight.

wonzo

Banned
Magi 17

magi17.jpg

Wow, this was actually a pretty good episode outside of the fairly poor use of music. It also answered the question of where the budget for 16 went as this episode had some fantastic animation, especially the fight with
Sinbad & Co and the Weapon Dealer.
I figured they weren't gonna animate it considering the changes they made to the whole Ithnan/Banker/Weapons Dealer dynamic but they sure did prove me wrong! Hopefully now they don't screw up the Sindria arc and end this show on a good note.

Dokidoki Precure 2

you know, super hero identity never really been an issue in other shows cuz memory wipe or other friends become precure like that eps.

Henshin music is probably the weakest for a while. I do love Heart's hair, it got a nice boing. <3

I do love how they finally got straight to the point now its just a fucking love death beam.

Theonik

[Nadia: The Secret of Blue Water] 30
And you guys wanted me to miss on Sanson and Hanson riding a chariot pulled by boars. Shame on you.
HOLY FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU A NAUTILUS FACTORY! SECOND IMPACT HERE WE GO
This is one of the episodes we told you to watch!

cajunator

Banned
Dokidoki Precure 2

you know, super hero identity never really been an issue in other shows cuz memory wipe or other friends become precure like that eps.

Henshin music is probably the weakest for a while. I do love Heart's hair, it got a nice boing. <3

I do love how they finally got straight to the point now its just a fucking love death beam.

The music definitely is forgettable.
I can remember about 5 or 6 themes right away but I cant even remember what dokidoki music is like and I listened to it just a little while ago :(

Articalys

Speaking of Precure music, I didn't know Smile had character songs -- and Yayoi's sounds like a Toku theme, as expected.
Also, if you click through to Akane's, it turns out Asami Tano has a really good singing voice.

Mature

Kemonozume - 2 "A Hard Farewell"
ibvz4vrAj1E3ko.gif

Well, not only did it hold the momentum, but it ramped it up a bit. I figured the story would end up being a sort of bit by bit progression of almost a monster of the week, but nope. Instead,
the master of the style died abruptly, the whole family found out about MC's girlfriend being a flesh eater, and they escaped onto a train to who knows where.
This is definitely how a 12 episode series should be handled. Don't waste any time, but don't throw dramatic pacing out the door because of it.

The air of this episode was especially electric. Each scene seems to offer something completely unique, whether it be in direction or location. Because of this, a certain atmosphere is attained— the world seems more like ours, despite how absurd the subject matter tends to be.

It's kind of exciting to have really no idea where this is going next.

nebOJYT.jpg
maafil3.jpg

WU8AFPX.jpg
LoDiuPu.jpg

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Oh you!

Space Brothers 1-9

This show is a little slow. It might just not be for me. I'm enjoying it, but I feel myself having a hard time sitting through the 22 minutes of an episode in a single sitting.
Most people watched space bros an episode or two at a time.
The pacing of it doesn't lend well to marathons. A lot of long running series are like that.
Thats a problem with a lot of series.
It really doesn't lend well to long form watching because of how the episodes are paced. I think this show is a bit egregious about it at times though.

Theonik

&#8704; Gundam: Called Turn-A-Gundam 26
iJ5oCV4VjFrXf.png
i3RyTDt5HjSJK.png
iya6J4YM4W770.png

Loran no baka
Well I hope the dude got his GUNDAM shtick out of his chest now.

&#8704; Gundam: Called Turn-A-Gundam 27
ibjm3Ujfa2nPY2.png

Here is a picture of Harry Ord in light of shit going down on this episode and posting anything else being unwise
OH MY GOD. Plenty of foreshadowing for it so not exactly surprising but they went there.
RIP Borjano riding dude, shame the hippies didn't die too. Hate those pieces of shit even more now. Loran should have kicked their ass long ago.
I also liked this shot. Hype for the aftermath of this.

Jintor

Toradora 23

(last 4 minutes)

FEELS

FEELS FEELS FEELS FEELS

FEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELS

(taiga~)

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Holy shit when
Ami and Kitamura blocked the doors when Minorin was confronting Taiga I flipped my shit. They're so good.

I know, right?
Ami and Kitamura are total bros. ;_;

And oops, I almost spoiled something, but then I remembered that it happens at the beginning of the next episode, not the end of 23.

EDIT: And once again, just a warning, be SURE to watch past the ED when you get to the last episode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom