• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -5| This is stupid, kayos90 sucks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
I don't know why people dog on the first half of Hyouka when episodes 4 and 5 were two of the best in the entire series.

4,5 were important to learn about Sekitani jun and the meaning and history of Hyouka and the club.
Otherwise its wholly forgettable.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Ixion Saga DT - 01 (10 minutes in)

peJf8cD.png
OKXEOPz.png

j0g7r8X.png

Gintama - 91

This episode was all about what Mayaka needed to be: FAT.
I was just thinking this looks like Hunter x Hun...''Go read Hunter x Hunter volume 3 before taking us on, old women!''lol
qyOxRb7.png

Is this Kaji
ko
?

Theonik

Joshiraku 01
im27LgJ0ybSnR.png
ilD0nF8q4P16C.png

All that 4th wall shattering!
I feel somewhat ashamed that I didn't get to this before the AOTY 2012 deadline. Would have probably gotten a spot on my list.
That and I left my place-holder list up and forgot to update it.
First episode was pretty fun! Will definitely watch it to completion.

wonzo

Banned
4,5 were important to learn about Sekitani jun and the meaning and history of Hyouka and the club.
Otherwise its wholly forgettable.
1-3 were important in introducing the characters and building up the central themes of the series. Episode 6 was ehh but the film arc was incredibly vital in developing Oreki as a character.

So yes it is indeed "wholly forgettable" if you refuse to acknowledge just how important the other episodes were.

j0g7r8X.png
It's what's inside that counts.

Steroyd

Puchimas - 30

MVJU2cP.gif

That's right, keep digging.

http://i.imgur.com/j0g7r8X.png[IMG][/QUOTE]

Don't worry, it balances itself out.

Heeheehee~

[B]Doki Doki Precure - 02[/B]

Really not feeling it, what's really killing it is the selfish, a selfish heart was created because... a school student wanted to change all the traffic lights green.

[I]Really?[/I] That's what they come up with!?

Joshiraku 01

I feel somewhat ashamed that I didn't get to this before the AOTY 2012 deadline. Would have probably gotten a spot on my list.
That and I left my place-holder list up and forgot to update it.
First episode was pretty fun! Will definitely watch it to completion.

The show breaks the 4th wall pretty much every episode. It's really fun and crazy and just keeps getting better the further you go.

wonzo

Banned
Tell that to your past self that was hating on Yukiho.
Unfortunately for us, there's nothing inside yukiho in the first place! I've heard she's far more likeable in the games tho so ┐(´ー`)┌

Oreki is a character? Well I guess if keanu Reeves can have an acting career too...
Are you actually interested in discussing things or are you just going to pull the usual reductionist shit like always?

SDBurton

Unfortunately for us, there's nothing inside yukiho in the first place! I've heard she's far more likeable in the games tho so ┐(´ー`)┌

I see the heart of an underdog! Why can't you seeeeeeee! ;_;

Metrotab

Banned
Mobile Suit Gundam 00 S2 - 23

I'm gonna start calling out bullshit on the "Professor Shenberg predicted all this beforehand 200 years ago" crap. It was already ridiculous, but now it just really hit a new low. A conic Deathstar without anyone knowing about it? Where was all this crap in season 1?

Also, the scene where all the new Gundam models go Trans-Am reminded me of the bird scene from Finding Nemo.

Oreki is a character? Well I guess if keanu Reeves can have an acting career too...

Umm, yes?

Oreki is a very well rounded character who has a pretty clearly defined personality (set up right from the first episode), and who goes through a lot of development. I don't see how you could watch Episodes 10 and 11 in particular and say that Oreki isn't a character. He's not just a character; he's a great character.

Narag

Gundam 0083 7

KJL9qGMl.png

It's like they spent the entire budget on the art and couldn't afford a decent writer.

This was the most awkward anything ever to sit through. Looks like the 2006 sound mix eliminated a bit of dialogue to make a goodbye scene more poignant.

SDBurton

Ixion Saga DT - 01 (other half)

nsRlFfr.png
MLWKKQm.png

Oh snap a gunslinger? :D

It was an alright pilot. What really made an impression on me though was the battle music. Wow is it good.

Will continue onward!

Me, Kincaido, and ┐(´ー`)┌

d7jNeKs.jpg
i wasn't aware the "P" was popular enough to get this result !
j0g7r8X.png

This is a show about "balls" being Broken ... it's nothing like what you should look in there .
it's good comedy , but there is no shipping possible lol

What is the transformation music in dokidoki like? The recent precure transformation music has been quite good.

As a precure "sommelier" , i don't think i'll wait for ep 5 to watch dokidoki , all of your impressions are scaring me ...

Jintor

Toradora 21

I knew we were moving into the final act but shit got fucking real this episode.
Goddamn girl's room hiding in closet transitioned into some serious shit with Ami and Minorin, and then Taiga getting serious damage'd down the slope plus the carry through the snow...
I said god damn.

Tai... ga...~

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Watch Bunny Drop. If you've already seen it, watch it again.

I've seen it. I dunno, I might rewatch it. It was pretty great.

I keep saying that I wish I hadn't watched Candy Boy yet, because it'd have been perfect for right about now.

Toradora 21

I knew we were moving into the final act but shit got fucking real this episode.
Goddamn girl's room hiding in closet transitioned into some serious shit with Ami and Minorin, and then Taiga getting serious damage'd down the slope plus the carry through the snow...
I said god damn.

Tai... ga...~

You're so close...

Jarmel

Banned
[Xam'd] Rewatch 1-3

ibl4TmC2ULjyYA.gif
iba2rlxHVC0l61.gif

Was I too harsh on the show? It's much better than I remember it, although I was highly impressed the first time with the intro episodes. The animation so far really has been stellar, it's been exceptionally fluid and full of life. It utilizes a lot of concepts from Eureka 7 but it feels more integrated into the lore. The humanform weapons seem a more natural fit than the Coralians and the skyships have this retro feel to them that is very Ghibli. The whole show really feels like something Ghibli would do, it especially has a lot of elements from Laputa (but so did E7). The characters are all pretty likable and interesting so far.

I'm really wondering if this is the type of show that benefits from a rewatch. It's quite possible I wanted it to be something it wasn't. I remember the pacing was broken and some of the plot threads didn't go anywhere and the last few episodes were a clusterfuck of bad writing. That said, the early episodes really are pretty spectacular.

wonzo

Banned
I see the heart of an underdog! Why can't you seeeeeeee! ;_;
She ain't gonna come out on top if she keeps on digging those holes!

Ixion Saga DT - 01 (other half)

It was an alright pilot. What really made an impression on me though was the battle music. Wow is it good.

Will continue onward!
just keep in mind this show takes a couple of episodes to get rolling but it's worth it.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
[Xam'd] Rewatch 1-3

ibl4TmC2ULjyYA.gif
iba2rlxHVC0l61.gif

Was I too harsh on the show? It's much better than I remember it, although I was highly impressed the first time with the intro episodes. The animation so far really has been stellar, it's been exceptionally fluid and full of life. It utilizes a lot of concepts from Eureka 7 but it feels more integrated into the lore. The humanform weapons seem a more natural fit than the Coralians and the skyships have this retro feel to them that is very Ghibli. The whole show really feels like something Ghibli would do, it especially has a lot of elements from Laputa (but so did E7). The characters are all pretty likable and interesting so far.

I'm really wondering if this is the type of show that benefits from a rewatch. It's quite possible I wanted it to be something it wasn't. I remember the pacing was broken and some of the plot threads didn't go anywhere and the last few episodes were a clusterfuck of bad writing. That said, the early episodes really are pretty spectacular.

Glorious bones mecha~

Steroyd

Thats disappointing.
Did you like Smile Precure transformation music?

I thought it was a very good fit with the transformations and ultimately the whole theme of Smile.

What? That piece is great, albeit poorly mixed with the sound effects.

I barely noticed it was playing in the background, that said there were quite enough things to distract me from it with the transformation sequence itself.

The only thing I dont like is the Akanbe designs.

One thing Doki Doki has over smile is that the Selfish > Akanbe, that said if they're going to have "I want to turn all traffic lights green" as a reason for turning stuff into monsters through the selfishness of others then it's rather pointless.

Articalys

DokiDoki 1-2

Good so far for the first couple of episodes. Character are likeable enough and the mascots aren't annoying (yet). Time will tell if it can stay consistent, but I'll stick around for now.

Was trying to figure out why Sword's voice sounded familiar at parts, then I looked up she was also Naru.

Narag

AKB0048 The Next Stage 19

Not a single mecha in sight. Sensei-sensei stuff and the end of the episode makes Dunbine look sane by comparison.
Go Nagisa go!

Show still doesn't have any right to be this entertaining. I was actually disappointed there wasn't a preview for me to get a taste of next week.

cajunator

Banned
I thought it was a very good fit with the transformations and ultimately the whole theme of Smile.

I barely noticed it was playing in the background, that said there were quite enough things to distract me from it with the transformation sequence itself.

One thing Doki Doki has over smile is that the Selfish > Akanbe, that said if they're going to have "I want to turn all traffic lights green" as a reason for turning stuff into monsters through the selfishness of others then it's rather pointless.

I think the transformation from heartcatch and suite is the best of the series.
The orchestrated stuff was nice but the synth adds more dynamic sound and excitement to the sequences.

Space Brothers 1-9

This show is a little slow. It might just not be for me. I'm enjoying it, but I feel myself having a hard time sitting through the 22 minutes of an episode in a single sitting.

Psycho Pass

So I saw episode 1 of this, and it seemed fairly predictable. Is it worth watching? Does it throw any interesting twists in?

cajunator

Banned
Space Brothers 1-9

This show is a little slow. It might just not be for me. I'm enjoying it, but I feel myself having a hard time sitting through the 22 minutes of an episode in a single sitting.

Psycho Pass

So I saw episode 1 of this, and it seemed fairly predictable. Is it worth watching? Does it throw any interesting twists in?

Most people watched space bros an episode or two at a time.
The pacing of it doesn't lend well to marathons. A lot of long running series are like that.
Thats a problem with a lot of series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom