• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -5| This is stupid, kayos90 sucks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ixion Saga DT 18

kke1na4.jpg

Silly rituals and some lessons in the free market. I guess that's where they are going to spend the rest of the episodes on and at least it is pretty amusing.

I came so close to buying this earlier today. It was so expensive, but shipping from Japan is just as expensive, haha.

Still, it was nice, looking at it in the store :|

You could always try to order from Fonomag on Liberdade, even tough it's cheaper it takes atleast 3 months because they come by sea...or you could see if they have it at the store, I saw some nice artbooks there.

In happier news, I got a neat little Chopper figure today.

In respect to Narag, I'll just link to the photo instead of embedding it here, since I guess it's a spoiler: http://i.imgur.com/3XoYq0d.jpg

I love it.

I got $300Dilmas($150 USD) in manga.
This is what I get for skipping going out and buying my mangas.

My body is lady! =D

ZOMG! IT'S FINALLY HERE!

z0EaJb1l.jpg

Mor. <3

===============================

Time to get back on Gintama.

The last I watched was 89.
Who really needs an
ultimate technique
? Not Gintoki, Shinpachi or Kagura.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
You could always try to order from Fonomag on Liberdade, even tough it's cheaper it takes atleast 3 months because they come by sea...or you could see if they have it at the store, I saw some nice artbooks there.

That's exactly where I found that artbook, haha. It was listed for about R$ 140. :/

Awesome. I love the Brazilian edition of Ranma 1/2. Genma dancing in each volume's spine is great.

Oh, just saw gashikunFLCL quote this. Don't really care about One Piece spoilers but it's appreciated. I think I watched movies 4 & 6 before giving the show a shot anyhow!

Well, the spoiler in question is from around episode 570, so it doesn't hurt to be careful! Haha.

Why is bakuman look so thin, nice manga.

DiGiKerot

Listening to the UK Anime podcast that was recorded for release to coincide with today's re:009 announcement, it sounds like the plan is to have the movie in theatres here in Blighty during Q2 (prior to the Japanese disk release), on about 15 screens, with multiple screenings on each across about two weeks.

Also, apparently AlltheAnime have about enough licensed to be able to announce something every month for the rest of the year, at least, but bigger titles are more likely to be announced at events going forward (ie London MCM Expo in May and October)

That's exactly where I found that artbook, haha. It was listed for about R$ 140. :/

Awesome. I love the Brazilian edition of Ranma 1/2. Genma dancing in each volume's spine is great.

I went there saturday but I didn't remember if I saw it there.

Why is bakuman look so thin, nice manga.

Brazilian volumes differ in size from those printed in most countries.

Obviously both volumes have the exact same content.

I got all bakuman volumes at Fonomag, but they are a wall of text to read. =____=

I forgot to tell I love the new ending in Gintama, Elizabeth riding a motorcycle. ^___^

Puchimas - 30
AgdyUsW.jpg

Yukiho=Producer?

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Listening to the UK Anime podcast that was recorded for release to coincide with today's re:009 announcement, it sounds like the plan is to have the movie in theatres here in Blighty during Q2 (prior to the Japanese disk release), on about 15 screens, with multiple screenings on each across about two weeks.

Also, apparently AlltheAnime have about enough licensed to be able to announce something every month for the rest of the year, at least, but bigger titles are more likely to be announced at events going forward (ie London MCM Expo in May and October)

May be worth checking out, y'know to support anime in the UK a bit more.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
DokiDoki! Precure - 02

OWq1lGr.png
z2oN3oY.png

E75bO1S.png

:sdburton

Much better episode than the first. Cure Sword's coldness is giving me Cure Moonlight flashbacks. :lol

Making a prediction:
This show will progress with all the girls fighting over Mana's affections, and will reach a breaking point where Rikka becomes evil due to her strong desire to keep Mana all to herself.

After the newest installment, the Index/Railgun franchise going to be at ~100 episodes combined, isn't it? Damn.

I tried Index S1 a couple of years ago but I remember bailing when there was a loli teacher or something. Does it ever get good or is it just standard LN plot the whole way through?

Consensus is science arcs=good, magic arcs=bad.

The worst thing about the series is Index. If you can tolerate her, there's a lot to like. If you're fond of ridiculously broken abilities, then it's pretty fun.

cajunator

Banned
Posted yet?

Newer pictures of figuarts Sailor Moon

I see issues. Hito pointed them out.
But its exciting that some new Sailor moon is coming out. Hopefully it leads to the old series being rereleased in entirety. I would pay lots for that.

DokiDoki! Precure - 02

Much better episode than the first. Cure Sword's coldness is giving me Cure Moonlight flashbacks. :lol

Making a prediction:
This show will progress with all the girls fighting over Mana's affections, and will reach a breaking point where Rikka becomes evil due to her strong desire to keep Mana all to herself.

Art style really doesn't look that bad.

Smile Precure! 05

And, there we go with the character introductions.

Kudos for Beauty for getting caught up to speed so quickly. Also nice they went back to that fairy tale idea. I guess that's about the last time we'll see it.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
DokiDoki! Precure - 02

Making a prediction:
Making a prediction: Final Fantasy Versus XIII will come out this year.

BluWacky

Guskou Budori no Denki (Budori Guskou : A Biography)

I don't really understand this movie.

It's clearly a family film with an ecological and educational bent. "Children," it seems to be saying, "look to the example of Budori, who worked hard and lived for the greater good! Follow his example for a happier world (or at least one void of unpredictable natural disasters!)". It's not allegorical, though, nor is it really very entertaning.

On a visual level, it's attractive if unspectacular. There's some entertaining concepts for the world design (I enjoyed the Industrial Revolution aesthetic for the city of Ihatov, for instance), and the CG is better than one might expect. The most interesting sections visually seems to be original to the anime, where Budori dreams himself into a hybrid of Spirited Away and Night On The Galactic Railroad, but they really only serve to highlight narrative deficiencies in the film.

I haven't managed to find the whole original Kenji Miyazawa story in English but I've read some of it. It's an odd work to begin with - weirdly didactic yet written like a fairy tale, and extremely disjointed in structure - but the adaptation tries to "fantasy" it up, with IMO poor results. A key plot resolution from the story is removed entirely, and the climax made entirely too mystical for a story that is ostensibly about the power of science. But then I wouldn't really be sure what the story was supposed to be about if I hadn't read the original - the events that motivate the start of the story have virtually nothing to do with the rest of the film at all, and huge chunks of time get covered by the narrator saying things like "six months passed while Budori studied geology" with a static background of a research institute on screen.

There's a lot of vulcanology, though. I didn't know you could use petrol to help cure disease in rice plants, either. So I guess I've learnt something! Thanks, Budori! (huge spoilers)
You didn't tell the evil cat man who kidnapped your sister to sacrifice you to the volcano in vain! Even though it would have meant a lot more if you'd done it the way you did in the original story!

madp

The Light of El Cantare
DokiDoki Precure! 02:

Man, I'm embarrassed as hell about that six-paragraph monstrosity I wrote about last week's episode. Not because I think I'm wrong or anything, but it still reads like stupid nerd rage. I hate that I'm so much less capable of praising something at length than I am criticizing.

Anyway, Mana is still boring and the show still has no energy, but that was okay. Everything through
Cure Sword's rescue
actually had pretty impressive animation and choreography, and in spite of the infamous PV cap from last week the character art was almost consistently on-model. Of course, there will always be hilarious background jank, and from a distance it looks like Mana licked a toad more than once.

The completely harmless thoughts that are touted as DARKNESS OF THE HUMAN HEART are still dumb as hell, but this week's Jikochu gives me hope for creative MotWs in the future. In keeping with the Fresh parallels, Jikochu are starting to remind me of Nakewameke in that they have very specialized powers based on their physical form and that they require unconventional thinking to be defeated. I guess Mana's not so perfect after all because
she got owned by a damned crosswalk light in all of about five seconds
:lol

Rikka is just kind of generically best friend-ish so far, but the PV for the next episode indicates that she's actually going to do something that no one newly-imbued with mahou shoujo powers ever does and
seek an empirical and scientific explanation for everything that's going on. Finally, someone who actually reacts to this sort of thing like "this undermines everything that science believes about our material reality WHAT THE FUCK".
Makoto is a boring tsuntsun so far so Rikka is an actual viable dark horse for eventual best character now.

Other thoughts:

- the Holy Light of God that appears after battles and erases all of the collateral damage is just the most incredible copout. The audacity of it makes me laugh every time I see it.

- this is Mana's mom? yo damn

- and this shit twisted my insides just thinking about it. aaaaaaaaaghhhh

Syrinx

Posted yet?

Newer pictures of figuarts Sailor Moon

I'm not really into figure collecting, so I'll ask....what's with the "Pending Licensor Approval" sign? If they don't have licensor approval already, how can they make it?

Edit: Wait, is it concept stuff or whatever? I don't know.

cajunator

Banned
DokiDoki Precure! 02:

Man, I'm embarrassed as hell about that six-paragraph monstrosity I wrote about last week's episode. Not because I think I'm wrong or anything, but it still reads like stupid nerd rage. I hate that I'm so much less capable of praising something at length than I am criticizing.

Anyway, Mana is still boring and the show still has no energy, but that was okay. Everything through
Cure Sword's rescue
actually had pretty impressive animation and choreography, and in spite of the infamous PV cap from last week the character art was almost consistently on-model. Of course, there will always be hilarious background jank, and from a distance it looks like Mana licked a toad more than once.

The completely harmless thoughts that are touted as DARKNESS OF THE HUMAN HEART are still dumb as hell, but this week's Jikochu gives me hope for creative MotWs in the future. In keeping with the Fresh parallels, Jikochu are starting to remind me of Nakewameke in that they have very specialized powers based on their physical form and that they require unconventional thinking to be defeated. I guess Mana's not so perfect after all because
she got owned by a damned crosswalk light in all of about five seconds
:lol

Rikka is just kind of generically best friend-ish so far, but the PV for the next episode indicates that she's actually going to do something that no one newly-imbued with mahou shoujo powers ever does and
seek an empirical and scientific explanation for everything that's going on. Finally, someone who actually reacts to this sort of thing like "this undermines everything that science believes about our material reality WHAT THE FUCK".
Makoto is a boring tsuntsun so far so Rikka is an actual viable dark horse for eventual best character now.

Other thoughts:

- the Holy Light of God that appears after battles and erases all of the collateral damage is just the most incredible copout. The audacity of it makes me laugh every time I see it.

- this is Mana's mom? yo damn

- and this shit twisted my insides just thinking about it. aaaaaaaaaghhhh

Thats a Citroen :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom