• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -5| This is stupid, kayos90 sucks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jintor

Toradora 25 -END-

Oh my god the feels. I... I just... hargh.
First the thing with Ya-chan's parents/Ryuuji's grandparents, and then... the night... and then they threw me for a fucking loop again when Taiga knew what she had to do, and then went through with it... and then they got to the ED and I was like WHAT and then the ED faded out halfway through and then... and then... and then...

That was good. That was so, so, so good. I'm so glad I randomly picked up that manga off the bookshelf and decided it was worth buying. Best random get I've ever had.

TAIGA~~~~~!!!

Don't worry, chet. You have my sword.
3W6qb.gif

This is always the Precure OT. Or at least until Toei decides to stop making them.

If you make a Precure OT, I will watch Smile.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Psycho-Pass Episode 16

Welp at least that mystery was solved

Come on Gino how the fuck did you not question an old lady talking about lying to everyone and killing someone secretly. Really!? She would have either been a weird example like Makshima or a fucking robot, and apparently she is a fucking robot who is most likely apart of the Sybil system.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Yeah I thought that was pretty... interesting. Then I saw the Heartcatch one and it's a spray? I give Toei credit for being different at least. ;P

I think my first post on Smile Precure was about how heteronormative I felt the transforms are. lol

Then again, I guess girls have to start putting on make up in their tweens now if they want to socialize with their peers and be considered normal these days.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
I think my first post on Smile Precure was about how heteronormative I felt the transforms are. lol

Then again, I guess girls have to start putting on make up in their tweens now if they want to socialize with their peers and be considered normal these days.

On their legs? ;P

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Ranking time!!!

Marine
Peace
Sunshine
March
Blossom
Moonlight
Sunny
Happy
Sword
Heart
Rhythm
Melody
Muse
Reika

Hmm... let's see..

March
Marine
Happy
Sunshine
Moonlight
Blossom
Sunny
Peace
Peach
Beat
Passion
White
Berry
Black
Melody
Rthym
Beauty
Pine
Muse

Okay AnimeGAF, I want some help.

I don't know what it is, but real comedy in anime is surprisingly scarce. I have never seen an anime that always has something funny to throw at you all the time.

Is there any kind of anime out there that takes its hands of the reigns and just throws humour at you whenever it can? Because I'm getting really sick and tired of anime being just Adventure/Romance/Horror.

Basically what I'm asking is that I'm looking for anime's equivalent to The Simpsons. Does an anime like that exist? I'd really love to know.

Smile Precure! 06

Pop is pretty cool.

Well they just threw out my theory of them kicking away the fairy tale theme this episode. Nice we got the background and pretty silly of them to start thinking of a catchphrase now that everyone has gathered.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Toradora 25 -END-

First the thing with Ya-chan's parents/Ryuuji's grandparents, and then... the night... and then they threw me for a fucking loop again when Taiga knew what she had to do, and then went through with it... and then they got to the ED and I was like WHAT and then the ED faded out halfway through and then... and then... and then...

That was good. That was so, so, so good. I'm so glad I randomly picked up that manga off the bookshelf and decided it was worth buying. Best random get I've ever had.

The night scene was just...;_;...so damn good. Did you hurt for Ryuji as bad as I did? I mean, you realize that Taiga was gone for over a year, right? My heart was just shattered when I realized that. Separated like that for over a year when they had just realized their love for each other...it hurts just thinking about it again. And that ending. It makes you think it's going one way then the ED fades out and BOOM, happy end. What a show. ;_;

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker

I don't know what it is, but real comedy in anime is surprisingly scarce. I have never seen an anime that always has something funny to throw at you all the time.

Is there any kind of anime out there that takes its hands of the reigns and just throws humour at you whenever it can? Because I'm getting really sick and tired of anime being just Adventure/Romance/Horror.

Basically what I'm asking is that I'm looking for anime's equivalent to The Simpsons. Does an anime like that exist? I'd really love to know.

Nichijou
School Rumble
Full Metal Panic: Fumoffu
Azumanga Daioh
Nichibros aka Daily Lives of High School Boys

Gintama. Though much like The Simpson it takes a little bit for it to find its groove. Once it does though its never loses it.

That's some restraint. I probably rewatch my top 10 and other shows once a year.

Damn.
I couldn't.
Ive seen some series over a dozen times.
The main reason it makes sense for me to have a gigantic collection in the first place is because I rewatch things multiple times.

I tell myself that if I have time to rewatch things, I should watch something I haven't seen yet. I hate having a backlog of anime (and games).

It's not really restraint or anything. I just never really think about rewatching something unless it's been so long that I don't even remember what it was about (which I've done a few times as well).

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast

Comedy? I would say either Nichijou or Nichibros (Daily Lives of High School Boys) to start off with. Both were great in my opinion.

cajunator

Banned

Galaxy Angel.
So cute.
So random.

Jarmel

Banned

Fumoffu

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
You're just making it hurt more Cain ;___;

why do stories have to end

Sorry, man. ;_; I know the feeling though. I've been trying to watch happy things since I finished the show, but it's not working. I'm still sad. I think
the happy end didn't do enough for me to counteract the hurt from Taiga leaving
. ;_;

Syrinx

Spice and Wolf 3

Even among the pedantic economic talk, I think I'm beginning to get a better handle on the dynamic between Holo and Lawrence. The scene where Holo essentially swindles that company out of an extra 70 silver coins was quite telling. It seems she knows how to be an effective merchant. Particularly interesting though was the scene in the bar afterwards, where she applies her wisdom to being a merchant, how she explained that the buyer cannot get upset at getting hustled, because getting hustled kinda comes with the territory of being in the business. That being said, I'm not sure about Lawrence's potential to do business with them in the future should they discover they've been had.

Another example comes at the end of the episode. Holo gets Lawrence to look at that kid's scheme from a new angle, one he isn't used to looking at in his merchant mentality.

So basically, Lawrence is the experienced merchant who knows the ways of the trade, and Holo is the wise wolf-girl who applies her wisdom to help Lawrence do his job better and look at deals and situations from new angles. These two could very well end up being quite the pair.

And again, the ED is weird. The lyrics sound like something written from a '60s psychadelic rock band on acid.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
So THAT'S why anime girls these days have blushing knees!
Exactly!

Toradora 25 -END-

TAIGA~~~~~!!!

The night scene was just...;_;...so damn good. Did you hurt for Ryuji as bad as I did? I mean, you realize that Taiga was gone for over a year, right? My heart was just shattered when I realized that. Separated like that for over a year when they had just realized their love for each other...it hurts just thinking about it again. And that ending. It makes you think it's going one way then the ED fades out and BOOM, happy end. What a show. ;_;

Maybe I was a cynical bastard even 3-4 years ago when I first watched the show, but all I could remember about the last arc was the melodrama being a bit too ridiculous for my tastes. Go figure. lol

wonzo

Banned

Gintama
Joshiraku
Yondemasu yo, Azazel-san.
Daily Lives of High School Boys
Detroit Metal City
Azumanga Daioh
Teekyuu

madp

The Light of El Cantare
But do you see Cure March's hair? I think I can get behind that.

It's not worth it just for that because you get cockblocked on the hair explosion in like two-thirds of the episodes anyway due to the abridged group transformation sequence that they swap in when time is short.

Jintor

I'm surprised they managed to keep the balance between comedy and drama near the end, although obviously it tipped way more towards drama. I enjoyed the way some of the secondary classmates got development even while the main plot was going on, and how it became apparent that the whole class was 100% behind them, especially after the teacher's little speech.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I'm surprised they managed to keep the balance between comedy and drama near the end, although obviously it tipped way more towards drama. I enjoyed the way some of the secondary classmates got development even while the main plot was going on, and how it became apparent that the whole class was 100% behind them, especially after the teacher's little speech.

I just felt the whole
running away thing was too far into ridiculous territory, especially considering how it all resolves itself soon after.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
I don't think you quite understand what's so fabulous about March's hair. Sunshine just don't got it.
Y'know, the real reason I don't wanna do a Precure OT is that I'm just a fan of Smile and Heartcatch. Someone like Mad Pierrot or 7th is better suited to partaking in such an endeavour, as they are more well-versed in the franchise.

Nichijou
School Rumble
Full Metal Panic: Fumoffu
Azumanga Daioh
Nichibros aka Daily Lives of High School Boys

Gintama. Though much like The Simpson it takes a little bit for it to find its groove. Once it does though its never loses it.

Galaxy Angel.
So cute.
So random.

Gintama
Joshiraku
Yondemasu yo, Azazel-san.
Daily Lives of High School Boys
Detroit Metal City
Azumanga Daioh
Teekyuu

Woah...Thanks for the suggestions! Now if you'll excuse me, I've got some google searching to do!

Mature

Y'know, the real reason I don't wanna do a Precure OT is that I'm just a fan of Smile and Heartcatch. Someone like Mad Pierrot or 7th is better suited to partaking in such an endeavour, as they are more well-versed in the franchise.
Let's see who comes out as the true Precure-er....Precurist.

Jintor

I just felt the whole
running away thing was too far into ridiculous territory, especially considering how it all resolves itself soon after.

It certainly went way haywire over what I expected but I just rolled with it. It felt like that was the kind of personality types they were.
I wasn't expecting their friends to roll with it tbh, I hope they gave Minorin back her life savings lol
. More to the point though
the reason the running away thing resolves itself is because Ryuuji makes it resolve itself, although he gambles a little obviously, so I had no real problems there.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I think I've finally figured it out. Why Toradora has left me so sad, even in spite of the
happy end
. It's because
it didn't go far enough into happy end territory to counteract how much it hurt to see Taiga leave Ryuji's side for over a year. I don't know, maybe it's just me, but that part just shot me through the heart. I know the story ends happily, Ryuji and Taiga are reunited, etc, but they just didn't show enough of that. Another kiss or hell, even just a hug or something between them, or Taiga returning Ryuji's "I love you" would have been sufficient. The tsundere headbutt she gave Ryuji at the end totally fits her character, but it just didn't feel like enough to make up for the leaving stuff.

I dunno, again, maybe that's just me.

madp

The Light of El Cantare

And I'd never do it because, unlike bronies and K-On fans, I value GAF's total obliviousness toward my chosen easily-misunderstood fandom.
no seriously I'd ask for a ban from duckroll if an OT ever went up, so I guess if someone secretly hates me, they know how to silence me!

I could set up an off-GAF el cheapo proboards forum for it or whatever if there was enough demand for it.

cajunator

Banned
I tell myself that if I have time to rewatch things, I should watch something I haven't seen yet. I hate having a backlog of anime (and games).

It's not really restraint or anything. I just never really think about rewatching something unless it's been so long that I don't even remember what it was about (which I've done a few times as well).

Yea thats one reason why my backlog barely budges.
On top of being too tired to watch anything from working so much, i tend to rewatch favorites over and over instead of new shows.

Jarmel

Banned
I think I've finally figured it out. Why Toradora has left me so sad, even in spite of the
happy end
. It's because
it didn't go far enough into happy end territory to counteract how much it hurt to see Taiga leave Ryuji's side for over a year. I don't know, maybe it's just me, but that part just shot me through the heart. I know the story ends happily, Ryuji and Taiga are reunited, etc, but they just didn't show enough of that. Another kiss or hell, even just a hug or something between them, or Taiga returning Ryuji's "I love you" would have been sufficient. The tsundere headbutt she gave Ryuji at the end totally fits her character, but it just didn't feel like enough to make up for the leaving stuff.

I actually wonder how the novels differed in the end for Toradora. My understanding is that the ending is fleshed out a bit.

Narag

And I'd never do it because, unlike bronies and K-On fans, I value GAF's total obliviousness toward my chosen fandom.
no seriously I'd ask for a ban from duckroll if an OT ever went up, so I guess if someone secretly hates me, they know how to silence me!

I could set up an off-GAF el cheapo proboards forum for it or whatever if there was enough demand for it.

Most people don't give a shit.

Jintor

happy end
. It's because

What I was expecting was that
Episode 24 would be the hurt feels and 25 would be the heal feels. Instead what we got was Episode 24 the hurt feels, then about a third of 25 being heal feels, and then another 3-fifths of hurt feels and a fifth of heal feels.

My point is that I'm going to go drinking now because I can't handle this

Cwarrior

Rurouni Kenshin Episode 28

url

The infamous Kyoto arc has begun and with a bang it has.

what an exciting awesome episode, shit just got real as kenshin past has comeback to haunt him, now the old bloody era has come back to rock this peaceful era and paint it red.

The ending scene was fuuuuuuuuuu Dat music those foreshadowing words mmmm... tasty.

The shinsengumi in this are already better then those imposters in gintama.

kenshin shinsengumi >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> gintama shinsengumi

What a badass soundtrack

It's not worth it just for that because you get cockblocked on the hair explosion in like two-thirds of the episodes anyway due to the abridged group transformation sequence that they swap in when time is short.
The explosion is cool yes, but that's not why I like her hair.
Well someone has to make it. And if you like the two of the best ones, isn't that enough? Would be another opportunity to get more people to watch Heartcatch/Smile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom