• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -5| This is stupid, kayos90 sucks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
So I wonder if Toradora just leaves everyone who watches it a broken mess. ;_;

Toradora left a void in me after I finished it, more so than any other show I've watched.

I don't even think it was that good, I wouldn't put it even close to my favourite shows and I didn't find it to be somehow immensely more enjoyable than anything else while watching, but when I finished it I found myself being down inexplicably and irrationally.
I still don't know why this happened.

I totally wish I could watch Toradora for the first time again. Prepare for the inevitable few days of depression as you try to fill the void ;_;

My point is that I'm going to go drinking now because I can't handle this

Nope, didn't work. Went to sleep, woke up still thinking about Toradora. I think I'm actually depressed over here.

;_;

firehawk12

Subete no aware
It certainly went way haywire over what I expected but I just rolled with it. It felt like that was the kind of personality types they were.
I wasn't expecting their friends to roll with it tbh, I hope they gave Minorin back her life savings lol
. More to the point though
the reason the running away thing resolves itself is because Ryuuji makes it resolve itself, although he gambles a little obviously, so I had no real problems there.

I don't remember any of the specifics off hand, but it felt like the whole ending was rushed and the melodrama had to happen to get to the end game before the show ended. Given that the show's ending came before the final novel was released (iirc), it just feels like something that doesn't quite work.

cajunator

Banned
And I'd never do it because, unlike bronies and K-On fans, I value GAF's total obliviousness toward my chosen fandom.
no seriously I'd ask for a ban from duckroll if an OT ever went up, so I guess if someone secretly hates me, they know how to silence me!

I could set up an off-GAF el cheapo proboards forum for it or whatever if there was enough demand for it.

Love you to death, but I just don't understand your hangup with Gaf's perception of anime and your fandom.
I am a fan of or characterized by many of the things Gaf loves to hate and I dont hide it.
Its who I am.
If people cannot accept it, they're the problem.
What you are is what you are. Dont feel ashamed to celebrate what you love. People here can be very hypocritical and just follow the hivemind.
Dont let it control your enjoyment of this place.
*hugs the madpierrot

And I'd never do it because, unlike bronies and K-On fans, I value GAF's total obliviousness toward my chosen easily-misunderstood fandom.
no seriously I'd ask for a ban from duckroll if an OT ever went up, so I guess if someone secretly hates me, they know how to silence me!

I could set up an off-GAF el cheapo proboards forum for it or whatever if there was enough demand for it.

But you post in the anime thread already!
You need to stop worrying about what random people on GAF think of you.

Articalys

I don't remember any of the specifics off hand, but it felt like the whole ending was rushed and the melodrama had to happen to get to the end game before the show ended. Given that the show's ending came before the final novel was released (iirc), it just feels like something that doesn't quite work.
Looks like the final LN volume was released barely two weeks before the anime ended, so it was about the same time. The novel definitely does have a lot more detail for the ending than the anime did, but that's what happens when you're compressing ten LN volumes into 25 episodes after all.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

Don't worry I got your back.

Ami is the best bro character of all time. She's literally too fucking good for the MC.

Taiga is awful. Tsundere prick who isn't attractive in any way. She gets outclassed by Ami in every single possible way. She is terrible.

Really enjoyed the show until it devolved into garbage trope high school romance shit. The ending was downright dreadful.

Jarmel

Banned
Don't worry I got your back.

Ami is the best bro character of all time. She's literally too fucking good for the MC.

Taiga is awful. Tsundere prick who isn't attractive in any way. She gets outclassed by Ami in every single possible way. She is terrible.

While Ami is probably best girl, but for talking about Taiga that way,
tumblr_ma0bcqh0Rn1qa9kon.gif

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Only in anime would somebody choose Taiga over Ami.
It's beyond illogical.

My favorite scenes in the show are the one on one moments between Ryuuji and Ami.

Jintor

If you were generic male lead choosing paths in a eroge, maybe. But
there's pretty much zero question why Ryuuji would go with Taiga. Apart from anything else, he doesn't see Ami that way.

Syrinx

And I'd never do it because, unlike bronies and K-On fans, I value GAF's total obliviousness toward my chosen easily-misunderstood fandom.

...Okay, I've been trying to find the right words here, so here goes.

Ultimately, Narag nailed it when he said that, really, most people really don't care. As much as some threads in gaming in OT like to devolve into some people going, "lol anime" and whatever, most people really couldn't give a crap that you have an anime avatar or that you posted in the Precure OT. If you're in a discussion about a political issue or a social issue or about any game really, you being an anime fan probably won't come up. And if people are willing to ignore or mock your input in these discussions just because you like Precure or have an anime avatar, the fault is with them, not you. You don't need to placate the few people here who will blacklist you because you're an anime fan.

I feel like I could have written this better, but this is the best I could do for now.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Looks like the final LN volume was released barely two weeks before the anime ended, so it was about the same time. The novel definitely does have a lot more detail for the ending than the anime did, but that's what happens when you're compressing ten LN volumes into 25 episodes after all.

Yeah. It's probably a lot like that situation with FMA:B's ending... although Bones kept extending the episode count to match up with the manga's ending.

That's probably impossible to do with a book though... even if it's a light novel. Unless the author was literally given chapters to the anime production staff beforehand.

Ultimately, Narag nailed it when he said that, really, most people really don't care. As much as some threads in gaming in OT like to devolve into some people going, "lol anime" and whatever, most people really couldn't give a crap that you have an anime avatar or that you posted in the Precure OT. If you're in a discussion about a political issue or a social issue or about any game really, you being an anime fan probably won't come up. And if people are willing to ignore or mock your input in these discussions just because you like Precure or have an anime avatar, the fault is with them, not you. You don't need to placate the few people here who will blacklist you because you're an anime fan.

I feel like I could have written this better, but this is the best I could do for now.

Honestly, it's because no one knows what Precures are outside of this thread. Just look at what happened to the Bronies. lol

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Okay, I just read the ending to the Toradora LN. Yep, it's so much better.

Taiga doesn't stay away for a whole year. She comes back at the beginning of 3rd year, instead of after graduation. So basically she was only gone for a couple months at most. She moves into a new apartment with her Mom and her Mom's new husband and her new baby brother just down the street from Ryuji.

Reading that made me feel a lot better.

Jarmel

Banned
Okay, I just read the ending to the Toradora LN. Yep, it's so much better.

Taiga doesn't stay away for a whole year. She comes back at the beginning of 3rd year, instead of after graduation. So basically she was only gone for a couple months at most. She moves into a new apartment with her Mom and her Mom's new husband and her new baby brother just down the street from Ryuji.

Reading that made me feel a lot better.

Did they talk about the relationship aspect at all? I've been meaning to read the LNs one of these days and I'm curious.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Did they talk about the relationship aspect at all? I've been meaning to read the LNs one of these days and I'm curious.

You mean in the ending? Not THAT much, like they don't go into the future or anything, but it does end with Ryuji and Taiga holding hands and running to school together. And it does say that they both share the dream of getting married and starting a life together.

cajunator

Banned
If anything I kind of enjoy watching people squirm when they see my avatar.
Its amusing.
Sometimes they post it as if to prove some sort of point, but they dont actually say anything.

Jarmel

Banned
You mean in the ending? Not THAT much, like they don't go into the future or anything, but it does end with Ryuji and Taiga holding hands and running to school together. And it does say that they both share the dream of getting married and starting a life together.

Good enough for me.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
[Nadia: The Secret of Blue Water] 33
How can you ask me to hate this episode when fabulous Mr. González is in it? Just look at that mustache. You are all just jealous that he's living the life.

Just one more until I reach the promised land. Gonna have to leave it for tomorrow though . So much :wonzo can't be good for anyone's health.

Well, Precures are also pretty old nowadays... it's just a matter of cultural difference.

Although I guess MLP is decades old?

Well yeah, but this is more as far as the west is concerned. I don't think many people in the west even know what Precure is.

And My Little Ponies turns 30 years old this year.

LegatoB

You're comically high-strung about this. Just relax. Your e-life isn't going to be over because one or two people on a message board might make fun of you for watching a cartoon. Most GAF posters are "nerds" of some sort or another, even if we disagree on the subjects to nerd out over. Act like an adult, and others will treat you as such (or they'll be the ones getting a time-out).

Gyakuten Saiban Gintama - 95

FbAxm5H.jpg
DMdBJh2.jpg
wG4whfd.jpg

Gin-chan is classy.

Gin-chan looks good with glasses.
This Judge is da man, compared to AA judge.
If you are a man be a Madao, the story about Hasegawa suit. ;___;
Thanks Gintama, I'll never watch Heidi after this. Scary, Heidi is scary.
Hasegawa Buster!!

Jarmel

Banned
You're comically high-strung about this. Just relax. Your e-life isn't going to be over because one or two people on a message board might make fun of you for watching a cartoon. Most GAF posters are "nerds" of some sort or another, even if we disagree on the subjects to nerd out over. Act like an adult, and others will treat you as such (or they'll be the ones getting a time-out).

Unless you're a MLP-fan.

cajunator

Banned
Im from Louisiana.
Im conservative.
Im a gun owner.
I vote republican often.
I love Nintendo.
I have a penchant for overly cute things and moe.
I like chik fil a sandwiches.
I like the New Orleans Saints.
I detest the movie There Will Be Blood.
I like my little pony.

I have a gigantic target on my back.
Madpierrot you really have nothing to worry about.

Mature

Im from Louisiana.
Im conservative.
Im a gun owner.
I vote republican often.
I love Nintendo.
I have a penchant for overly cute things and moe.
I like chik fil a sandwiches.
I like the New Orleans Saints.
I detest the movie There Will Be Blood.
I like my little pony.

I have a gigantic target on my back.
Madpierrot you really have nothing to worry about.
I now picture you disassembling and cleaning a gun when you watch anime.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Love you to death, but I just don't understand your hangup with Gaf's perception of anime and your fandom.
I am a fan of or characterized by many of the things Gaf loves to hate and I dont hide it.
Its who I am.
If people cannot accept it, they're the problem.
What you are is what you are. Dont feel ashamed to celebrate what you love. People here can be very hypocritical and just follow the hivemind.
Dont let it control your enjoyment of this place.
*hugs the madpierrot

I don't have any shame, I just think it's pragmatic to tone down my self-expression if it means an overall better experience on the site. I mean, it's a policy that I apply to my life offline anyway--I even pretend not to know anything about video games if the subject comes up. Social expectations in all their forms are bullshit and I genuinely hate letting a vocal minority dominate or censor any conversation, but there comes a time when kowtowing a little bit just makes life easier.

I'm proud that you're proud of who you are, cajun; I just prefer the path that spares me unnecessary strife. It's undeniably a bad attitude on my part and I'm glad that other people recognize that it's ridiculous.

But you post in the anime thread already!
You need to stop worrying about what random people on GAF think of you.

The anime thread's been here for ages and no one cares about what goes on in it anymore. Unfamiliarity breeds curiosity, and considering that single-show OTs are traditionally outside of the scope of Community threads, people will gawk and it will turn into a carnival freakshow in short order.

I guess I'm weak. If I was a brony, I just straight-up couldn't be on GAF because the site's neverending circlejerk of hate for MLP is not something that I could tolerate as part of my everyday internet experience. I'm not ashamed, but I like reading GAF and I'd prefer to keep it readable.

Narag

The anime thread's been here for ages and no one cares about what goes on in it anymore. Unfamiliarity breeds curiosity, and considering that single-show OTs are traditionally outside of the scope of Community threads, people will gawk and it will turn into a carnival freakshow in short order.

People you might run afoul of will search your post history and it'll lead them back here anyhow so I wouldn't worry about it.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
I guess I'm weak. If I was a brony, I just straight-up couldn't be on GAF because the site's neverending circlejerk of hate for MLP is not something that I could tolerate as part of my everyday internet experience. I'm not ashamed, but I like reading GAF and I'd prefer to keep it readable.
Don't worry. This is rapidly becoming a moot point.

ONE WEEK LEFT

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
I know I usually try to censor myself from admitting to too many sexual indulgences and fantasies, and that most people would say that I'm far too modest, but I don't really care if anyone knows about the things I like either. :D What are we talking about?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom