• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -5| This is stupid, kayos90 sucks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syrinx

K-ON!! 14

Good Mugi episode. She goes out for the day with Ritsu. Ritsu wins her a stuffed bear that looked...kinda disturbing. Like, it looked pissed off. You're a stuffed bear. Why you gotta be mad? Then Mugi has a strange request. She wants Ritsu to hit her. Ritsu can't do it, because it's too fucking bizarre. Then Mugi explains why she wants to be hit; basically, she's missing out on the intimacy of the group. She doesn't feel the same bond between her and the others that she observes between Ritsu and Mio and between Yui and Azusa. 'Course, the real reason nobody hits her is because she's a sweetheart and you'd have to be one bitter fuck to want to hit Mugi. But Ritsu feels sympathy, so she agrees to help her get hit by Mio.

She wants Mugi to get hit by acting over the top like herself, but Mugi just doesn't have it in her to be wild and crazy. She ends up being more Mugi than ever. Then she eats the strawberry on Mio's cake. which makes her cry. Is this some Japanese thing I don't understand? Then Mugi apologizes and asks Mio to hit her, but she can't do it because, again, it's too fucking bizarre. But then Ritsu hits her for realz at the end when Mugi says Ritsu would be really popular if she was a boy. So yay, Mugi gets what she wanted.

New OP is better than the last one, but not as good as the first. New ED is the worst of the three EDs.

Black Star is definitely the worst out of the main cast, and doesn't get better for a long time in the Manga.

Maka is the worst character in the main cast. Black☆Star is what makes the series awesome to me, actually development, good abilities and what not, and just a lovable cool attitude. Terrible that his arc and great moments was not even animated.

I think you were supposed to type ":kayos" to pass the test.
Not even once.
Golden Boy 05 (ENG)
This was educational.
Holy :chet batman. Also dat bike.
This was pretty awesome! 1 more left!
This episode is required viewing for everyone. It must be experienced.
you must try the manga.

that reminds me, i'm in love with the character design.
My favorite story arc is the one where Kintaro
infiltrates an all female school pretending to be a girl and ends up fucking everyone, students and staff alike.
You know this talk about same character designers reminds me about paying more attention to that sort of thing now than when I was younger. For example, I watched DragonBall and DragonBall Z (although it was in the early nineties rather than the late nineties like it seems to have been for a lot of people here) so when the game Chrono Trigger came out the character designs reminded me of DragonBall, with the way Crono's hair looked like Goku's for example. It wasn't until years later that paying more attention I found out they looked similar because it WAS the same character designer, that being Akira Toriyama.

This was me but with Dragon Quest instead of Chrono Trigger. Looking back, it should have been obvious.
The first time I played Chrono Trigger was summer of 2011. It was pretty fun.

Jex

Well that's a rather depressing sentiment.

Is it already time for me to transcend into an enthusiast who's all about shilling the past? I thought I had a few years left.

The sooner the better. Why delay the inevitable?

K-ON!! 14

Good Mugi episode. She goes out for the day with Ritsu. Ritsu wins her a stuffed bear that looked...kinda disturbing. Like, it looked pissed off. You're a stuffed bear. Why you gotta be mad? Then Mugi has a strange request. She wants Ritsu to hit her. Ritsu can't do it, because it's too fucking bizarre. Then Mugi explains why she wants to be hit; basically, she's missing out on the intimacy of the group. She doesn't feel the same bond between her and the others that she observes between Ritsu and Mio and between Yui and Azusa. 'Course, the real reason nobody hits her is because she's a sweetheart and you'd have to be one bitter fuck to want to hit Mugi. But Ritsu feels sympathy, so she agrees to help her get hit by Mio.

She wants Mugi to get hit by acting over the top like herself, but Mugi just doesn't have it in her to be wild and crazy. She ends up being more Mugi than ever. Then she eats the strawberry on Mio's cake. which makes her cry. Is this some Japanese thing I don't understand? Then Mugi apologizes and asks Mio to hit her, but she can't do it because, again, it's too fucking bizarre. But then Ritsu hits her for realz at the end when Mugi says Ritsu would be really popular if she was a boy. So yay, Mugi gets what she wanted.

New OP is better than the last one, but not as good as the first. New ED is the worst of the three EDs.
This is the episode Mugi deserved in the first season. She's just so cute trying to create mischief.
mgeSZ.gif

No thank you!

Sentai got Colorful ~ The Motion Picture

This award winning movie about death and rebirth was directed by Keiichi Hara (Summer Days with Coo) and features a screenplay by Miho Maruo (The Dog of Flanders) with character designs by Atsushi Yamagata, sound direction by Akira Ookuma (Spirit of Wonder) and music by Ko Otani (Hakuoki). Colorful ~ The Motion Picture will be available soon on bilingual DVD & BD and through select digital outlets.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Well I would personally not want HDmakes/remakes of old games, but rather everyone work on actually new games. Imagine the drought Nintendo wouldnt have if these companies worked on just new things.

In anime, apart from people like me who'd never seen it originally, it didnt seem like many people actually wanted a Gundam Seed HDmake, but rather wanted another continuation of Gundam Seed, I imagine would be the same case for and HD version of Cowboy Bebop, TTGL HD, etc...

Well they usually get a small team to develop these ports so it hardly detracts from their original productions. Also it's not like they're porting games everyday.

ZetaEpyon

To be fair, even I thought that the extra stuff that came with the Lucky Star LEs were too much.

The stuff with the Haruhi LEs on the other hand~

Yeah, I'd pretty much agree with this. The pack-in CDs are fine, but I don't know who thought the t-shirts were a good idea.

Chronoexe

Not even once.

This episode is required viewing for everyone. It must be experienced.

My favorite story arc is the one where Kintaro
infiltrates an all female school pretending to be a girl and ends up fucking everyone, students and staff alike.

Not only that episode, everyone must watch the 6 OVAs

Best part:
when girls make him wash all the clothes to bully her and he's happy because can smell all

The manga translation is complete?

Uchip

Banned

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
JUST $6.69 FOR THE LUCKY STAR LE!? WTF?

You can't even get the standard version on .co.uk.

And I thought I was exaggerating the depressive state of anime in the UK.

Jex

Well, to be fair, it's always been like that. Well, apart from our Madoka release I guess. Not being in the same BD region is Japan helps a lot.

Kazzy

There is a reason that our disposition can be so shitty, and it isn't just the weather!

jbug617

Banned

Yeah I posted in the last OT that a lot of Bandai LE were on sale at Amazon. The sets are incomplete though

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
On the flip side, the Japanese Otaku who have to pay like £40 for two episodes are probably crying as well.

Yeah I posted in the last OT that a lot of Bandai LE were on sale at Amazon. The sets are incomplete though
Well I would be happy with the first one just for the OP single...

DiGiKerot

Nah, it just means that Beez didn't massively overproduce stock in the same way that Bandai US did.

Also, Beez lost a significant amount of inventory to fire during the London riots a couple of years back, and much of that content was never repressed.

-edit- I should probably also mention that, rather than turning up through Amazon, much of the remaining Beez stock was sold off at events like MCM Expo at pretty significantly reduced prices.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
The iDOLM@STER 8

Best episode I've seen so far. It was just pure fun and entertainment. Azusa is alright.

MAKOTO IS A FUCKING BOSS.

Boss Tier - Makoto

Good Tier - Haruka, Chihaya

Bad Tier - Ami, Mami

Fuck You Tier - Yayoi, Iori

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
The iDOLM@STER 8

Best episode I've seen so far. It was just pure fun and entertainment. Azusa is alright.

MAKOTO IS A FUCKING BOSS.

Boss Tier - Makoto

Bad Tier - Ami, Mami

Fuck You Tier - Yayoi, Iori

Yes this is the correct tier list. Makoto is the best.

Mr.Jeff

All those recommendations for movies keeps making me subconsciously try to to mention Wolf Children until I realise it's still not out yet. Still, won't be long now.

I've been told that anime was shown on UK television back in the day but I honestly don't remember it or I assume it was before my time. Just a lot of home grown shows like Postman Pat and Captain Pugwash, the latter predating the animation techniques shown in Inferno Cop by over 30 years.

I suppose the nearest thing I watched was Mumintroll, but I always saw it as a Swedish cartoon animated in Japan much like Batman was an American cartoon animated in Japan, but apparently I wrong on that as well.
Aside from the obvious stuff which was shown on Cartoon Network (Tenchi, Gundam Wing and a third which I've forgotten) there was a program on the old Sci-fi channel called Saiko Exciting which had occasional bits of Jonathan Clements doing reviews I think. While the majority of the show was mostly fluff as I recall, it did at least show Martian Successor Nadesico and Neon Genesis Evangelion.

Man, that dredged up some memories.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
The iDOLM@STER 9

More focus on bad characters.

Boss Tier - Makoto

Bad Tier - Yukiho

Fuck You Tier - Yayoi, Iori, Ami, Mami

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom