• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -5| This is stupid, kayos90 sucks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Articalys

Good news / bad news time:

The good news is, Nozomi is rereleasing Sora no Woto.
DzRLNJm.png
The bad news is, it's just as a cheaper DVD litebox set. (But I guess it's still good news for anyone who wanted the series but at a slightly lower price.)

DD Hokuto no Ken gets television anime adaptation.

The March issue of Monthly Comic Zenon magazine is announcing on Friday that a television anime adaptation of Kajio's DD Fist of the North Star (DD Hokuto no Ken) manga has been green-lit for the 30th anniversary of the original Fist of the North Star manga. Kajio has been adapting the characters in Buronson and Tetsuo Hara's original post-apocalyptic fighting manga as super-deformed characters since Monthly Comic Zenon's first issue in October 2010.

The manga is set "in the year 199x, mankind was … not engulfed in the flames of nuclear war?

"In the 21st century, the characters of Fist of the North Star are living in peaceful Japan. In particular, Kenshirō is a convenience store worker, Raoh works at a factory, and wracked by illness, Toki is looking for work. The legend of the Fighting NEET (Not in Education, Employment, or Training) North Star begins in the modern day."

Kagami

Im not as pissed about that as I am with Oreimo Bluray.
Especially the price. I would have paid that maybe if it was the first thing released, like I did with Fate Zero, but this is just a slap in the face to people who bought the DVD set, although that set is pretty nice anyway.

Yeah, I think the existence of the LE DVD set for Oreimo makes the situation worse. Even if there had been an earlier DVD release, but just the cheaper version and not the LEs, it would be a little more palatable.

It's just a matter of perception.
If they didn't ship any copies to Rightstuf, would you even be talking about the Japanese OreImo box?

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
The iDOLM@STER 10

It was a nice episode. Except FUCK YOU IORI.

FUCKING AMAZING BOSS Tier - Makoto

Good Tier - Haruka, Chihaya

Bad Tier - Yukiho

Fuck You Tier - Yayoi, Iori, Ami, Mami

Grzi

Zettai Kyousuke who cares - 03

This is not a bad show.
This episode was a bit uglier than the first two but I still enjoyed it, there's nothing truly spectacular here but it's an amusing little show that could end up being the best of the season.

Kagami

I feel that's just a sign of one generation of anime fans departing the scene for good, at least in terms of their active participation in the wider community. Most works that aren't, I dunno, Ghibli or Akira or FLCL works feel doomed to drop of the recommendation lists eventually.
If someone hasn't seen very much at all, generally I try to recommend things that are available via online streaming, so that limits things a little. Vampire Hunter D, for example, isn't online (assuming this list is complete).

ZetaEpyon

It's just a matter of perception.
If they didn't ship any copies to Rightstuf, would you even be talking about the Japanese OreImo box?

This is probably also true, but the fact remains that it is happening, and has been advertised. I think it also reduces the chances of a lower-priced, true North American release on BD, or at least makes it appear that way, as you indicate. Who knows though, we've certainly seen stranger things happen.

Good news / bad news time:

The good news is, Nozomi is rereleasing Sora no Woto.

The bad news is, it's just as a cheaper DVD litebox set. (But I guess it's still good news for anyone who wanted the series but at a slightly lower price.)

It's a wonder it's getting a rerelease in the first place, which reminds me that I really need to pick this up. And while we're on Sora no Woto:

Sora no Woto 2 (rewatch)

This isn't exactly a bad situation to be in. I still love how Kureha ends up being adorable when she's trying to be a strict commander.

fR3seLU.jpg

MAXIMUM TSUNDERE

kayos90

If I didn't post the characters it means I don't know their names or don't care enough to bother putting them somewhere.

Conan-san

They also say that the voices for Twilight Sparkle (the main character) and Fluttershy (most moe character) will announced later on. This probably means they could be bigger names. HYPE!!!!

All I really care is Wakamoto does Discord. Anything else is a bonus IMHO.

Ezalc

The iDOLM@STER 9

More focus on bad characters.

Boss Tier - Makoto

Good Tier - Haruka, Chihaya

Bad Tier - Yukiho

Nice to see you have good taste, for now anyways. I anticipate your evaluation of Azusa.

CorvoSol

Eureka Seven 25

Not as amazing as the last episode, but it was still sweet. It reminded me of my own grandfather, caring for my grandmother while she was invalid. If the first ten episodes of this show are about dirty, abusive sky hippies, the third ten are about families, and dammit, its getting me all choked up.

"Adrock wants you, Holland," is perhaps the most ominous phrase in the show. The relationship between Holland and Renton's family has kinda been kept under wraps thus far.

kayos90

Eureka Seven 25

Not as amazing as the last episode, but it was still sweet. It reminded me of my own grandfather, caring for my grandmother while she was invalid. If the first ten episodes of this show are about dirty, abusive sky hippies, the third ten are about families, and dammit, its getting me all choked up.

Time for the second act finale!

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Eureka Seven 25

"Adrock wants you, Holland," is perhaps the most ominous phrase in the show. The relationship between Holland and Renton's family has kinda been kept under wraps thus far.

Prepare yourself for one of the best episodes in anime history.

Kazzy

Unless, of course, they also licensed the giant artbook/storyboard thing that came with special editions of the Japanese K-On movie release, among other things:

The artbook is the only thing that'd particularly interest me, but to see anything would be nice. Especially as Sentai are typically spartan with their releases.

Articalys

Well, they've confirmed that the bonus CD for Sword Art Online BD vol. 5 will have a character song for Yui. There's still songs listed for volumes 6, 8, and 9, and one of them is definitely going to be Sugu, but I have no idea who the others could be now.

Jex

If someone hasn't seen very much at all, generally I try to recommend things that are available via online streaming, so that limits things a little. Vampire Hunter D, for example, isn't online (assuming this list is complete).

People need to be less lazy, there's a world outside streaming, you just have to get off your butt to reach it (or order from Amazon).

kayos90

The iDOLM@STER 11

Solid episode.

FUCKING AMAZING BOSS Tier - Makoto

Great Tier - Haruka, Chihaya

Good Tier - Azusa

Bad Tier - Miki

Fucking Failure Tier - Yukiho

Status
Not open for further replies.