• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -5| This is stupid, kayos90 sucks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Branduil

ibaGkeAIgaKfDQ.jpg

OceanBlue

Love Live 2-3

I'm glad I gave it three episodes (with a lot of prodding from friends, lol). The plot was built up in a satisfying way and the arc had a nice conclusion that was impacting while not feeling overwhelming for only the third episode.

I still think the show plays it's concept embarrassingly straight even for me, but now I feel that this show can develop a satisfying story. Hopefully it stays this way!

Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo 18

While I'm not exactly thrilled or accepting of Jin's backstory, at least the whole drama wasn't cringeworthy. Hopefully this finally closes their relationship drama cause good lord if they haven't been wasting time with it so far.

I actually guessed that Sakurasou was gonna get closed down near the end. Just cause what more drama could be used other than that. Can't wait for them to make another video game to save their dorm I guess!

Gintama - 99

6syPRA3.jpg

Every NPC should do what Elder did. Fuck abusive yusha!

Galges...galges have changed...
Getting stabbed by
a swordfish for not helping the heroine
and a Nice Boat ending.
Nobunaga no YabouGevoe.
Never give up!
Tough you'll lose anyway
This is what happens when you rush the games to the launch window.
RNG
HP, poison bug, MMO!
Will buy used.
Elderrrrrrr.
「返事がない ただの屍のようだ」
&#12300;&#12385;&#12423;&#12358;&#12429;&#12358;&#12361;&#12361;&#12362;&#12362;&#12362;&#12362;&#12362;&#12362;&#12362;&#12301; Sugita <3
Kagura OP. NERF pls.

Bentendo DOOMED.

Metrotab

Banned
Hitaraki Man - 6

Sexism! In the workplace! This episode was all about how women can face several specific issues in their professional environment. Since I'm a male college student instead of a female career woman, I don't know if these issues were shown in a realistic way, but it sure felt intuitive. Interesting was how two different coping mechanisms were shown: get angry, or turn the process around. The episode seemed to imply the second one was the best, or at least more effective.

One thing I noticed was how two different journalists were assigned to the same subject, in a form of competition. Is this the usual thing to do in the news field? Doesn't sound very resourceful, although I guess it creates a field of professional darwinism, but it looks like it could lead to bad situations.

sonicmj1

Sounds like SAO all over again.

People were getting mad at SAO because they were frustrated with the quality of the writing and plot developments.

What happened in Hataraki Man 6 is a very different thing.

Hitaraki Man - 6

One thing I noticed was how two different journalists were assigned to the same subject, in a form of competition. Is this the usual thing to do in the news field? Doesn't sound very resourceful, although I guess it creates a field of professional darwinism, but it looks like it could lead to bad situations.

It sounded more to me like they were both supposed to come up with article proposals, and they both happened to submit proposals about the same topic. I don't think that overlap was intentional.

Metrotab

Banned
Reading from other posts about Hitaraki Man, are people thinking the anime endorses the misogynist environment in their office? Because I couldn't decide whether it did, or whether it was simply showing the tragedy of it all. Then again, they did show Nomi to be very happy at the end...

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
[Nadia: The Secret of Blue Water] 35
Anno. <3

Can I say I really don't like Nadia as a person? Every time she says something it is to whine about the current state of things, scold someone, or start sobbing like a Shinji Ikari. Except that Shinji Ikari had some positives going on for him! He had empathy for the well-being of others, eventually developed a sense of responsibility regarding piloting Evas (
until shit hits the fan
), and, most importantly, wasn't an utter cunt to everyone, even those people who derided him for being submissive.

Nadia does very little to put its eponymous character in a sympathetic light. The only commendable aspect I can think of about Nadia is her vegetarianism (a lifestyle I don't agree with, but try to respect), except that it gets played more for laughs and rarely does the script try to touch on why the other characters are wrong for eating meat. Aspects like these are why I'm having so much fucking trouble in caring about Nadia when she starts having angst attacks like those in this episode.

WORLDTree

I don't know where else to post this and find out, but...I've been WAAYYYYYY behind on my anime following my catch-up in video games, and so I stumble across the new season list while walking through 4chan and see Shingeki no Kyojin is getting an anime. Now I read this a while ago when it was first starting and haven't touched it since but I thought "Hey good for them!" so I figure I google the series and see what other new info has shown up on it.

And apparently this shit is CRAZYYYYYYY popular now like, apparently 10 million copies sold popular and right behind One Piece in sales popular. And I like what I read but WHAT THE FUCK! Like DAMN WHHHAAAT? I'm really curious what I've missed since hibernation because seriously what happened here to catapult this seemingly niche series with bad art that I could barely find discussion on besides the fact it was rejected from Jump to mega seller!? Like really this is BLOWING MY MIND.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Reading from other posts about Hitaraki Man, are people thinking the anime endorses the misogynist environment in their office? Because I couldn't decide whether it did, or whether it was simply showing the tragedy of it all. Then again, they did show Nomi to be very happy at the end...
I don't think Hataraki Man has been very critical about the job environment it depicts. I for one believe that, by not decrying the sexist behaviour inside the office, it is only contributing to the fucked-up environment these people work in.
Smile Precure 01:
Should have started with Heartcatch.

sonicmj1

I don't think it endorses that environment. It's obvious that Dojima is an asshole, and the show doesn't back up his views. But the show tolerates that environment. Dojima sucks, but he's working there and he'll still be working there. The ultimate message seems to be to avoid conflict, suck it up, and just deal with it.

That's what's so frustrating. Nobody should have to accept that shit as normal.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to

Ultimadrago

It's not endorsing misogynist behavior at all. It's focusing on possible reactions and adaptations to it in the workplace. By the end of the episode, Hiroko touches on an alternative approach that didn't naturally fit her, but accomplished her goal for work. Doujima is played off only as a vehicle to show contrast between how Hiroko and Yumi deal with abrasive men in the workplace. It's the work environment they're in and it doesn't seem anyone is organizing a revolution anytime soon. Meanwhile, two subjects adapt the field (and male majority) in different ways.

Chronoexe

Why am I gonna tweet about Precures when Dokidoki keeps on under-delivering? I have tweeted about Precures before.

Apuesto a que eres wila.

Nunca,
solo diré que abandone a mi equipo antes de que cumpliera 15 años de verguenza.

Smile Precure 01:

Will I survive without having a cutegasm induced heart attack?

I doubt it.

"Happy Shower"? I thought we weren't supposed to be sexualizing Precures?

Yes you will die by continuous cutegasms when Yayoi joins the group.

Finally someone comment about the Happy Shower.

Enjoy the show.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
We should have people watch Smile first as HeartCatch is the best as it gets.
Okay, I'll buy that.
The Smile art style is more to my liking, but I will check out Heartcatch too. Plus Smile's more recent, can be part of the conversation etc.
I just want more people to discuss Heartcatch with. Promise me you will watch it soon.
Nunca,
solo diré que abandone a mi equipo antes de que cumpliera 15 años de verguenza.
Ah, por eso andas de amarillo.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
I don't know where else to post this and find out, but...I've been WAAYYYYYY behind on my anime following my catch-up in video games, and so I stumble across the new season list while walking through 4chan and see Shingeki no Kyojin is getting an anime. Now I read this a while ago when it was first starting and haven't touched it since but I thought "Hey good for them!" so I figure I google the series and see what other new info has shown up on it.

And apparently this shit is CRAZYYYYYYY popular now like, apparently 10 million copies sold popular and right behind One Piece in sales popular. And I like what I read but WHAT THE FUCK! Like DAMN WHHHAAAT? I'm really curious what I've missed since hibernation because seriously what happened here to catapult this seemingly niche series with bad art that I could barely find discussion on besides the fact it was rejected from Jump to mega seller!? Like really this is BLOWING MY MIND.

The manga is consistently discussed when new chapters release here

Jojo 14: More pillar men! There's gonna be a hell of a fight soon

Spice & Wolf 3 - 4: It's really interesting. Not my usual type of anime, but somehow I can't stop watching it. A very good surprise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom