• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -5| This is stupid, kayos90 sucks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Articalys

Random art from when Fourze and Smile were airing back-to-back:
jY8rDbX.jpg
Toku otaku girls in anime are few and far between, aren't they?

GINTAMA 256

Why is gintama so good ? i only had to ask and i got my answer !

Gintama%20-%20256_02.jpg

Of course !

Of course gintama is so good because of the chemistry between the characters.
It make sense !

A quite trolling ending , to a sequence of events that had a lot of merits , like reintroducing several key parts of the plot gintama had already.

Everything was top notch , from the ending to the fake ending .

Gintama%20-%20256_01.jpg

A character :Cajun-ready , lol

Overall those 4 eps were a nice reintroduction into the gintama world, complete with excellent production values and a great deal of comedy.

VERDICT ( episode ) : GOOD
VERDICT ( Kintama Arc ) : VERY GOOD

Gintama is great !

Cwarrior

Rurouni Kenshin Episode 31

Saito hajime is the true hero of Kenshin while ken is busy sticks his head in the dirt pretending his in some mundane slice of life the dashing Saito shows up kicks the plot & kenshin there rear and orders them to get the story moving already.

It's also very interesting to see eiichiro oda early work as Nobuhiro Watsuki's assistant, as he worked with him for the kyoto arc and is credited for creating one the characters by Watsuki.

The atmosphere is so oppressive that it's hard to marathon it.

Also here's the handy viewing guide that Thoraxes may or may not have shared already:

I think I've seen that on /a/ quite a few times and thought nothing of it. Until now, of course. My interest in this world looks like it'll put me in a pit of despair.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
[Nadia: The Secret of Blue Water] 37
This scene. No words. Just manly fucking tears.

What we've learned today:
  • Nadia's
    older brother is behind it all! Then who the fuck is Gargoyle?
  • Neo Atlantis has harnessed
    the power of UFOs in order to take over the world
    . I did not predict this when I began watching this show.
  • Humanity
    was created by the Atlanteans in order to used them as slaves.
    Random Neon Genesis Evangelion 2 spoilers:
    THE ATLANTEANS ARE THE FAR ANCESTRAL RACE! THEY CAME TO EARTH IN ORDER TO ENSURE LILITH'S CHILDREN WERE THE DOMINANT RACE AFTER THEY HAD FUCKED UP AND SENT ADAM'S SEED OF LIFE TO A PLANET THAT ALREADY HAD A SEED OF LIFE!
    Or was it backwards?
  • Electra and Nurse-chan
    are as cute as a button. <3

Rmg6f7G.gif
Godeaki Anno

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
[Nadia: The Secret of Blue Water] 38
LhyEiQ4.png

Because this was the least spoilerific image in the entire episode.

Showdown atop
Paris' skyline! A battle that goes into space! Ramming into a UFO so that the Gratan can sabotage the laser of doom! A confrontation with Gargoyle! Nadia turning on her father (unwillingly)!
Jesus fuck, Anno, what the fuck happened to you after this? All this is making me do is get even sadder that you are wasting your fucking time on Rebuild instead of something actually new. :(

cajunator

Banned
The Precures look really fun to draw so I will add that to my list of stuff to sketch in the unlikely event that I ever get any time off work.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Sakurasou 18

Show is getting progressively worse. Hmm... Shiina was still great though. Jin is still cool. Everyone else sucks.

Syrinx

Sorry, can't agree, I could listen to Holo and Lawrence take turns reading from a phone book.

Well it isn't just those two talking about it. They also encounter plenty of others with whom they get in long conversations with.

It's getting better though, mainly because I'm getting a better grasp of the dynamic between Lawrence and Holo and because I'm beginning to understand what they're talking about.

Jarmel

Banned
I'm up to episode 8 for Dennou Coil. One area I haven't been impressed by so far is the animation quality. It's obviously very good but I heard this was supposed to be insane and almost damn near bankrupted the studio that was working on it. Is it supposed to be the fluidity of the show or are there a ton of sakuga moments later on?

fertygo

I'm up to episode 8 for Dennou Coil. One area I haven't been impressed by so far is the animation quality. It's obviously very good but I heard this was supposed to be insane and almost damn near bankrupted the studio that was working on it. Is it supposed to be the fluidity of the show or are there a ton of sakuga moments later on?

What. ep 1-4 have ton of sakuga.

Branduil

So Fate/Zero looks like the most expensive anime ever produced, but you can't see the money put into Dennou Coil? I mean, I can post .gifs, but I'm not sure how you can miss the animation when you're actually watching the show.

ib1uUEJEqLTxgg.gif

itUWLHMRZkJ4Y.gif

Jarmel

Banned
So Fate/Zero looks like the most expensive anime ever produced, but you can't see the money put into Dennou Coil? I mean, I can post .gifs, but I'm not sure how you can miss the animation when you're actually watching the show.

http://i.minus.com/ib1uUEJEqLTxgg.gif[IMG]

[IMG]http://i.minus.com/itUWLHMRZkJ4Y.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

Yea I'm not really impressed with either of those gifs. As I said, it's fairly good but maybe my expectations are too high. Also when I said that about F/Z, I hadn't really gone through the Ghibli films and Hyouka hadn't really kicked off, so the award probably goes to one of them.

Branduil

I don't know what to tell you. Those .gifs aren't exceptions, the whole show looks like that. If you can't see the sakuga animation when they're running or the complex effects work in the explosion, I'm not sure how explaining it would make it any more clear.

Jarmel

Banned
I don't know what to tell you. Those .gifs aren't exceptions, the whole show looks like that. If you can't see the sakuga animation when they're running or the complex effects work in the explosion, I'm not sure how explaining it would make it any more clear.

There's also a lot of shots where nothing is happening in the background. Episode 8 is supposed to be a festival and it's pretty dead. It's possible I've seen the stuff executed better in other shows so the 'peaks' aren't really wowing me. I do admit the consistency is fairly high as I really haven't seen it drop.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Yea I'm not really impressed with either of those gifs. As I said, it's fairly good but maybe my expectations are too high. Also when I said that about F/Z, I hadn't really gone through the Ghibli films and Hyouka hadn't really kicked off, so the award probably goes to one of them.

There's more to good animation or "sakuga" then simply flashy fighting scenes, ala F/Z.

Branduil

There's also a lot of shots where nothing is happening in the background. Episode 8 is supposed to be a festival and it's pretty dead. It's possible I've seen the stuff executed better in other shows so the 'peaks' aren't really wowing me. I do admit the consistency is fairly high as I really haven't seen it drop.

If a show needs a good festival to be high-budget all shows besides Hyouka are cheap. Anyways I just skimmed through episode 8 and I saw high-quality expressive animation wherever I jumped, so...

Good animation isn't always flashy.

Jarmel

Banned
There's more to good animation or "sakuga" then simply flashy fighting scenes, ala F/Z.

I was looking at a ton of sakuga videos yesterday and the explosion one by Takashi Hashimoto is another level. As for the running one, I thought the one in SAO looked better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2kd_nLaj2s&list=UUpCuvsi6jTe9wMs2J6DWeSw&index=20

If a show needs a good festival to be high-budget all shows besides Hyouka are cheap. Anyways I just skimmed through episode 8 and I saw high-quality expressive animation wherever I jumped, so...

Good animation isn't always flashy.

Well if I remember hearing correctly, it almost bankrupted the studio and so I was expecting more I guess. I'm also not a fan of the CG used in the show.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
[Nadia: The Secret of Blue Water] 39
VcAe5lc.jpg

Nemo requiescat in pace.
One last bit of fanservice before we move on.
These past two episodes had a lot of Electra/Medina fanservice, including an instance of GAINAX bouncing.
Okay, done!

That was a great finale. The tension went on ramping up and up until shit hit the fan and things had to be tied in a knot.
I was expecting Jean to have more of a role, but I guess him not being able to shoot Nadia was the only possible thing you could do with his character. It is really funny that you start with his character as the main focus but becomes a of little importance to the resolution.

Other than that, I thought the epilogue was out of place. We go from
Nemo sacrificing himself for Nadia and Jean and Electra and his baby's sake, but we don't see the immediate ramifications of what the confrontation between the Red Noah and the New Nautilus did to the world.
Something as short as
the peoples on Earth celebrating Neo Atlantis' demise
or something would have sufficed; just jumping into and many years after is too big a disconnection for me to conceive. And speaking of the epilogue, at least Sanson waited until
Marie was of what I assume legal age in XIX century France

==

[Nadia: The Secret of Blue Water] FIN

Classic GAINAX was on a whole other level altogether. It started a bit slow, and the early focus on Jean and Nadia betrays the true soul of this show (aka the Nautilus doing cool shit all over the place). That aspect made it hard for me to care at the beginning, but once it got going I couldn't get my ayes away.

Nadia was a very straightforward story, at least when compared to the hardcore character introspection of Evangelion or the great infusion of science into the narrative of Gunbuster. Its simplicity works in its favour, thankfully, and it shows that Hideaki Anno can tell a good old adventure tale without having to get bogged down by whatever depressing thoughts he's being consumed at the moment. I would wholeheartedly recommend it! Five out of five Nautiluses (Nautili?)

==

So that's that. I think I'm gonna finish Slam Dunk (I only have like thirty episodes left) before I try to tackle the next great Anno work: Cutie Honey live action film!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom