• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -5| This is stupid, kayos90 sucks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tamako Market 06

DZCcQ2s.jpg

I liked this episode. There were some nice touches in visual and music that actually made me believe there was a genre shift. The people in the market were being silly goofballs but it made the episode even better.

Syrinx

I'd do SS2 before Black Rose.

Here's my worry: as much as I loved BioShock, I'm not sure that I will be at all efficient in my playing of SS2. Because I'm a pussy who had to play even Half-Life 2 sporadically because those headcrabs and zombies freaked me the fuck out. And apparently, System Shock 2 has something of a horror element to it. So I'm scared that it'll take me, like, 3 months to finish the game.

I suppose I could split my time. But I'm already inefficient enough with my gaming/anime time.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Hang on let me see if I care. Nope, don't care lol

It wasn't a snipe at you or anything, and "technically" I would be incorrect I think since they're not modeled after real people or anything.

But that's still kinda what it is isn't it? Sexualization of a fictional minor.

Conan-san

ZKC: The Unlimited 5&6
Huh. That was totally The angry video game need and the Nostalgia critic at the park.

And that was totally Anna from shaman king in that pool.

And everything is royal screwed. Bit early given were only six episodes in (please let this flashback be no longer than two eps) so I'm interested to see how the second half goes.

CorvoSol

Mehbile Suit Gundam AGE 42

Ugh, backstory to a character who will undoubtedly be dead next episode. And we will sit around mourning for reasons or something I don't know and I don't care. HOW LONG CAN WE STRETCH THE FINAL BATTLE OUT FOR GUYS? 10 episodes? UGH. Even Gundam SEED's crazy long final battle, bloated with crap like Flay and Kira's retarded out of body sequence was never this bad. This is Namek Spirit Bomb Exploding levels of Padding, except I don't think I'll look back on this and laugh ever.

Like, honestly, this character's backstory is so contrived! Am I really to believe that this technology xrounderxrounderxrounder went and was all good and stuff and then suddenly it isn't good at all?

I ugh, I cannot stand this.

Toriko 91 (funiHulu)
tumblr_mi6pnuFOTd1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Part after the commercial break for the Hanya Panda fight was great, my x-fold punch moments are always so good. Though it did remind me of the aspect of Toriko's character I dont like, why so and even this extremely bulky, its kind of odd. Anyway but the cooking was fun too. Livebearer-sama will be an unforgettable antagonist
such a cheater copying the drinking snacks

Kagami

Looks good, wish I could import blu-rays but it seems Most of them are locked to region A (based on Yesasia websites info) which means good for Americans, bad for Europeans :(

Yesasia's slapping "A" on their Japanese BD descriptions because that's Japan's assigned region code, but in actuality Japanese BD publishers haven't been using region-locking. I'm not sure any region A Japanese BDs exist at all. In any case, I've never seen one, and I own quite a few at this point.

Senyu 6
tumblr_mi4w3rsjv41qmymedo2_r1_500.gif

I can only think of a few times where I wanted to punch the computer, though not the reaction Id have to opening a video with someone screaming or something. Poor Alba every episode, really fun.

Mehbile Suit Gundam AGE 42

Ugh, backstory to a character who will undoubtedly be dead next episode. And we will sit around mourning for reasons or something I don't know and I don't care. HOW LONG CAN WE STRETCH THE FINAL BATTLE OUT FOR GUYS? 10 episodes? UGH. Even Gundam SEED's crazy long final battle, bloated with crap like Flay and Kira's retarded out of body sequence was never this bad. This is Namek Spirit Bomb Exploding levels of Padding, except I don't think I'll look back on this and laugh ever.

Like, honestly, this character's backstory is so contrived! Am I really to believe that this technology xrounderxrounderxrounder went and was all good and stuff and then suddenly it isn't good at all?

I ugh, I cannot stand this.

Good to see you back!

Didn't really understand why they made it out that being an X-Rounder is a bad thing, after all of what happened in Gen 2 with Asemu wanting to be an X-Rounder so badly, it really doesn't make any sense. Although none of this story is written well so...

Shergal

Tamako Market 6

Much better episode than last week's, although by now and with the preview for this one I was expecting some plot advancement. I guess that's reserved for the big Ishidate/Ishihara/Hiroko Utsumi episode lol.

The animation went to top shape again, having the usual liveliness and softness that wasn't as present in ep 5. Some great lightning, I'd say it's expected from Kyoani but it's a noticeable step up from Chuu2, and it was closer to Hyouka in technique.

I'm still wondering the direction this show will take with its narrative, hopefully we get something interesting next week. The title of ep 7 is
"She went to become a bride"
, I wonder to whom it refers.

Stuart444

Yesasia's slapping "A" on their Japanese BD descriptions because that's Japan's assigned region code, but in actuality Japanese BD publishers haven't been using region-locking. I'm not sure any region A Japanese BDs exist at all. In any case, I've never seen one, and I own quite a few at this point.

Really? No seriously?

If so... I may just have to take a punt on one. Not sure which considering how expensive their BDs are (with shipping) but I'd love to be able to watch one on the PS3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom