• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -5| This is stupid, kayos90 sucks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

fertygo

Yeah, everybody knows that. But if you didn't notice, production is, uh... not going very smoothly to say the least, and even became the target of running jokes. Among the staff themselves.
Ow sorry.

(Not shitting on the series or anything, it's my favourite thing ever. I'm just finding very amusing they can - or rather dare - joke so openly about this situation).
Well that's what they always do lol.

cajunator

Banned
I wasn't even aware there was a Swing Out Sisters adaptation! Thanks for the tip, I'm definitely gonna check it out.

On this subject, the other day my wife showed me this hentai (we skipped to the scene), where the MC puts some kind of flute or recorder in his sister's butt (or vagina?). When they get to banging, the flute just starts to move around and begins making sounds with his thrusting. Unintentionally or not, it was incredibly hilarious and we both lost our shit for a minute listening to it.

I recorded and uploaded the sound just so you guys can experience it - (nsfw audio)

I noticed this earlier but was at work and that probably wouldnt have been a goodp lace to play the file. As I was walking out of the building and got into my car I put the file on and the Sync started automatically playing it on my Car's speakers XD

Tamako Market had several disappearing cels, like the jellyfish in the coffee house, people in the background and edges of Dera's wings while flying close up.

Mondaiji got that same problem too with background objects just popping away. I believe I gif'd that scene...

ixO7ZCUhQDMtd.gif

Check that water seed behind her ear.

Wait, there was a BACKGROUND in that scene? I just saw bunnygoddess.

qUhcSzAl.jpg

Happy AnimeGAF Valentines!

----

qJmPqSFl.jpg

Also, hey, foreign companies don't care if we use their logos in our anime! How oddly random... even the K-On movie didn't have the Air Canada logo!

Funny enough, the lettering is so shit on that logo. It's like they didn't even bother using a ruler, let alone a stencil. lol

Happy whatever that is day.

Once again, Happy Singles Awareness Day.

I'm about to turn 31 and still completely single. Just know that whatever your lot in life is you wont end up as old as me and still alone.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I'm about to turn 31 and still completely single. Just know that whatever your lot in life is you wont end up as old as me and still alone.

You've only got a little over a year on me, man. I think our lot in life is pretty similar.

(I mean, I can't say that I've never been in a relationship...actually high school and a couple years after that were pretty decent in that regard. But these last several years...ehh.)

faridmon

Anyone else dislike the Fisherman Arc in One Piece? I cannot remember any arc that mad me yell '' Get on with it you slowpoke'' at my screen.

duckroll

Anyone else dislike the Fisherman Arc in One Piece? I cannot remember any arc that mad me yell '' Get on with it you slowpoke'' at my screen.

I only read One Piece, I don't watch the anime series (other than some specials and movies), so I didn't feel it was too bad, but there's definitely a pacing issue. The Fishman Island arc felt like Skypiea 2.0 in the manga, except it wasn't quite as bad as Skypiea. Both arcs are excessively long for what they are, and ultimately a lot of it was just pure padding.

zeroshiki

So apparently they were giving away GuP valentine cards in Akihabara today.

0052kP3R_z.jpg

The err... mad rush of otaku got so bad that they had to cancel the event :lol Remember, this was a THURSDAY. Wtf are these people doing?

731529017.jpg

Metrotab

Banned
Windy Tales - 6

Feel kinda sad for the kids, although playing in a construction site sounds kinda dangerous.

What was up with the triple tornado bit at the end though? Confused me.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz

I'm going through it right now, and yes. Even
Impel Down
had better pacing.

I watched two episodes yesterday, and three things happened in them:
Zoro and Sanji used new attacks, Sunny's new weapons were shown, and the Kraken appeared.
That's all. At one point I was even beginning to get weirded out by the moments of awkward silence between lines. Hell, even those quick "someone appears in the corner of the screen and yells something" jokes Toei loves to use feel slower than usual.

faridmon

I'm going through it right now, and yes. Even
Impel Down
had better pacing.

I watched two episodes yesterday, and three things happened in them:
Zoro and Sanji used new attacks, Sunny's new weapons were shown, and the Kraken appeared.
That's all. At one point I was even beginning to get weirded out by the moments of awkward silence between lines. Hell, even those quick "someone appears in the corner of the screen and yells something" jokes Toei loves to use feel slower than usual.

Bloody hell, Yeah, that ''fight'' was just pure paddling. and you are not even done, my friend.

I only read One Piece, I don't watch the anime series (other than some specials and movies), so I didn't feel it was too bad, but there's definitely a pacing issue. The Fishman Island arc felt like Skypiea 2.0 in the manga, except it wasn't quite as bad as Skypiea. Both arcs are excessively long for what they are, and ultimately a lot of it was just pure padding.

Maybe the Manga had better pace, or maybe I am wrong because I want to block that arc from my memory, but I thought this Arc was worse in the sense that there were a lot of empty, silent moments to stretch out Eps and introduction to ''things'' were done terribly slow. But yeah, both arcs are comparable.

It was close to the low level that Skypeia was, though at least Fishman Island has actually good fights.

So far, I haven't seen an indication of any good fight to come
Hordy is just pure weak

It's the worst and slowest arc in the anime. Lazy animation too. That's what happens when you try to spread out an arc that is already slow in the manga.

Ultimadrago

yami4ct

It looks like a Jojo episode.

Too much movement for a JoJo ep. JoJo would have spent at least 1/3 of that on a closeup of someone's face, but with a crazy color palette.

Sometimes you wonder why they even bother. It would be cheaper just to sub and release.

I know, right. I don't even think the Gintama dub's problems are totally due to cheapening out on their voice actors. I think most of the guys could have delivered at least serviceable performances. The main problem is that their so miss cast and misdirected. It's like they just picked a bunch of random VAs they had working for them, handed them scripts, and just told them to record the stuff as fast as possible. It was a really sad thing to watch.

BluWacky

I think Urobuchi is saying something on Twitter about Kayneth, of all people, getting the most gifts from fans for Valentine's Day of all the Fate/Zero characters; can someone please help translate?

https://twitter.com/Butch_Gen/statuses/302026561790562304

I believe it says something like:

"I can't help but be a bit surprised that for Valentine's Day this year Kayneth-sensei got the most chocolates from all the fans. However, because his scary fiancee is watching, he probably can't be seen to eat them even though he wants to, so it looks like I, Urobuchi, will have a delicious treat."

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol

"I can't help but be a bit surprised that for Valentine's Day this year Kayneth-sensei got the most chocolates from all the fans. However, because his scary fiancee is watching, he probably can't be seen to eat them even though he wants to, so it looks like I, Urobuchi, will have a delicious treat."

Translation: "Thanks for the chocolates, suckers! :D"

Articalys

Ahaha, that's fantastic, thanks. If you don't mind could you help with his other valentine's day tweets?

https://twitter.com/Butch_Gen/status/302027102448914433
https://twitter.com/Butch_Gen/status/302027624727855104
https://twitter.com/Butch_Gen/status/302027758622629888

I think the first one is about Kirei and the second mentions Waver and Rider.

Articalys

So I had no idea that Taiga was in Z.H.P. on the PSP. Looks like I need to play more of this game.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ln5h14OpAY1qflc3ro1_500.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
There's a metric ton of Dengeki Bunko character cameos in the game. Shana, Taiga, Index, Holo, Silver Crow, and a lot more.

So apparently they were giving away GuP valentine cards in Akihabara today.

0052kP3R_z.jpg

The err... mad rush of otaku got so bad that they had to cancel the event :lol Remember, this was a THURSDAY. Wtf are these people doing?

731529017.jpg

Getting valentines cards for their waifus.

Or from their waifus. Either or.

BluWacky

Ahaha, that's fantastic, thanks. If you don't mind could you help with his other valentine's day tweets?

https://twitter.com/Butch_Gen/status/302027102448914433
https://twitter.com/Butch_Gen/status/302027624727855104
https://twitter.com/Butch_Gen/status/302027758622629888

I think the first one is about Kirei and the second mentions Waver and Rider.

Bear in mind I don't know a whole lot about Fate/Zero so some of these may have nuances I'm not getting...

"I was also surprised how much chocolate Kirei received. However, since he probably doesn't understand the joy of something like Valentine's Day, I'll accept them tastily... even though they were classy ones, like spicy Russian Roulette chocolates."

"Of course, it's also my destiny to be conquered by the chocolates that Iskandar and Waver received." (I think I get this one because of who Iskandar is hence the "conquered"?)

"...how come Fate/Zero is going to give me diabetes?"

Articalys

Bear in mind I don't know a whole lot about Fate/Zero so some of these may have nuances I'm not getting...

"I was also surprised how much chocolate Kirei received. However, since he probably doesn't understand the joy of something like Valentine's Day, I'll accept them tastily... even though they were classy ones, like spicy Russian Roulette chocolates."

"Of course, it's also my destiny to be conquered by the chocolates that Iskandar and Waver received." (I think I get this one because of who Iskandar is hence the "conquered"?)

"...how come Fate/Zero is going to give me diabetes?"
Oh, Urobuchi, you so silly.

Thanks again for the TL, BluWacky, it all sounds spot-on with F/Z.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom