• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -5| This is stupid, kayos90 sucks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Getting valentines cards for their waifus.

Or from their waifus. Either or.
All I know is, with that many people, everyone's getting NTR'd.

68BPfnv.jpg

EDIT: I just realised I've been going a bit silly with bad memes recently. I do apologise.

Jubern

Psycho-Pass 17

Fucking delivered, if you ask me.

The "joker" escape was better than expected, thanks to all those revelations. Touma/the Sybil System was a total fool IMO, but I'm fairly lenient when it comes to this kind of drama-enducing stupidity. Kogami is probably going a dark, dark path...

Kagari T_T

Onto Robotics in a few seconds... Hm :/

duckroll

Psycho-pass - Episode 17

It's hard to really discuss much about this episode without spoilers and I don't feel like doing black bars right now. So I'll just say two things:

- Someone needs to make a US Network TV style teaser ad for this episode with random scenes and big captions on the screen: "ALL. YOUR. QUESTIONS. ANSWERED." and "THE. EPISODE. YOU'VE. BEEN. WAITING. FOR." The voice over should also go "This week's Psycho-pass will have everyone talking. Don't miss it, every Thursday night on FujiTV!"

- Don't skip the ED this week. There's post-credits stuff. :)

Jubern

Robotics;notes 18... err I mean 17

Last scene kind of redeemed a very slow and not very interesting episode. But since
we only got glimpses of what the Kimijima Reports contain, I'm not sure of the importance of them being leaked to the public.
I suppose it's huge (for DRAMA)
but really can't get very hyped for this anymore as a series.

As strange as it may sounds, I'm actually tempted to play the Visual Novel (which price is plummeting), as I actually like the intrigue and characters but feels it just really don't work as a series...

- Someone needs to make a US Network TV style teaser ad for this episode with random scenes and big captions on the screen: "ALL. YOUR. QUESTIONS. ANSWERED." and "THE. EPISODE. YOU'VE. BEEN. WAITING. FOR." The voice over should also go "This week's Psycho-pass will have everyone talking. Don't miss it, every Thursday night on FujiTV!"

Pretty much yeah, ahah.

yami4ct

Gintama 157-158

Beginning of a new arc. Unfortunately, it's a Otsu focussed arc. The saving grace is that she's more of a setup and less of a feature. Still, a lot of the moments with her can be almost painful to watch.

Onto the episodes themselves, they were pretty good. I'm surprised this is getting stretched to a full 8 episode arc. I feel like in the past, this kind of setup would just be 2 episodes at most. I wonder how much humor is to be mined from it? I'm really interested to see. The humor in these episodes is pretty dumb. Like dumber than normal. They've done the making fun of otaku thing in a much smarter way. I'm specifically thinking of the Owee arc. I'm not saying that being dumb is a bad thing, it's just an observation. It's still quite funny. The best moments in particular were Gin's running commentary at just how stupid the whole situation is.

One thing I found interesting is that you can really feel them stretching for time now. They're resorting to a lot of 4th wall breaking commentary and moving out of the story they're telling. I love the 4th wall breaking, so it works out, but you can tell they're running out of material to work with. It's not surprising they had to start taking breaks after this season. I honestly don't know if they could keep this kind of stretching for time.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Psycho Pass 17

Easily one of the best episodes so far. It's clear where this show is going to go. I'm going to reiterate again but this show would've benefited greatly had it been one cour or was a show with roughly 15 or so episodes.

Anyway, what I speculated was the truth was pretty much right on the dot and I'm not surprised at all. Still the reveal was extremely nice. However, the best part of the show is easily Shougo. He stands out as one of the best characters I've seen in anime and despite his flamboyant dialogue due to his background in narratives he has a great sense of style. Shougo is the epitome of acceptance of humanity and I'm glad to see the portrayed so well. He's essentially a successfully executed archetype of Orihara Izaya from Durarara!!

Overall. Good stuff.

iavi

Your new nick has been disturbing me for some time now. What is it? ._.

A gift from gaf-hop lol

Got stuck with a silly rap name.

Actually, if you could change it back, I'd appreciate it.

Clearly a cross between Miis, Dizzy Rascal, John F. Kennedy and Kill Me Baby.

It's actually a play on lil wayne's 'Weezy F Baby,' but I like your take a lot more. Inventive.

Articalys

Didn't realize this until it was pointed out to me, even though I saw them earlier, but Funimation's set of Kamisama Kiss valentine's day cards (which are cute in their own right, I guess) include an ad that says "coming soon to Blu-ray and DVD". So I guess they've picked up the home video license like they were expected to.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
So apparently they were giving away GuP valentine cards in Akihabara today.

http://blog-imgs-51.fc2.com/y/a/r/yaraon/0052kP3R_z.jpg

The err... mad rush of otaku got so bad that they had to cancel the event :lol Remember, this was a THURSDAY. Wtf are these people doing?

http://blog-imgs-51.fc2.com/y/a/r/yaraon/731529017.jpg
Japan is sugoi. lol

Oh god. Gintama's back to reruns. Time to cancel my crunchyroll subscription.
Daw.
Hope you come back for the next new episode, whenever that might be!

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I think I see duckroll near the front of that crowd.

DiGiKerot

http://girls-und-panzer.at.webry.info/201302/article_8.html

Girls und Panzer air dates!

Tokyo MX
Ep11 - March 18, 10pm
Ep12 - March 25, 10pm

After making us wait 3 months, they aren't even airing them ON THE SAME DAY! >_<

Ep11 PV coming soon... after I encode it.

Argh! I kind of wish I hadn't watched that PV now - it's going to be a looooooooong month.

I'm also not optimistic enough to think that they aren't going to end the series on some kind of big hint towards a second season...

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Polar Bear Cafe 44

Holy shit. Holy fucking shit. I can't believe they did that. The climax of the second half of the episode was basically
manly tears
for me.

I guess it's perfect that this episode came right when Gintama went back into reruns.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom