• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -5| This is stupid, kayos90 sucks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
I really should stop coming into this thread while at the library.

This is a really good idea.
Especially so you don't accidentally activate the link Extollere posted. wouldn't that be interesting!

Sailor Moon 42

I came for the :SDBurton but I stayed for the NTR.

t24WCud.jpg
LD7fGnM.jpg

Loved that episode. Dic completely skipped that episode in the dub, depriving me of a Minako episode. DiC can thusly go to hell.

And so it turns out that Sentai's Valentine's Day surprise is indeed Kill Me Baby, on bilingual DVD. Damn Otaku USA spoilersports...

Most excellent "surprise". Will likely buy.

Chronoexe

Toradora! 01

Well that wasn't as bad as I remember, I think the problem was that I watched this right after Zero no tsukaima and I saw Taiga as a copy of Louise (Mai waifu).

Now I can see that Taiga is reaaaaally cute, maybe just because I love Tsunderes, something is wrong with me O_O

This is one of the series that I can't skip the OP and ED they are great.

Still don't understand how the parakeet can live with constant orgasm disorder.

I'm looking forward to the next episode.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Windy Tales 6

The fellas behind this show are somehow able to make anything seem and look interesting. This was another really chill episode.

I guess I need to try the "wind in my heart" thing, since even elementary school kids can do it!

Pooya

Psycho-Pass 14-17

I've been way behind. but itshappening.gif pretty much.

no time to waste, now onto Zetsuen, 3-4 episodes of that to watch >.<

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I really dislike Monty Oum's work, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised to see this is about as much of that as you can get. Normally at least the assets or music aren't terrible because he steals them, but when he just is doing his own thing everything is kind of a disaster.

What about Monty's work do you not like? I'm genuinely curious btw.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
What about Monty's work do you not like? I'm genuinely curious btw.
Just poor fluidity and a disregard for physics while he crafts fight scenes that always try to be as over the top as possible. There is no restraint and everything just winds up feeling pretty lame. There is no suspense and characters flail about in a very silly manner.

kayos90

Just poor fluidity and a disregard for physics while he crafts fight scenes that always try to be as over the top as possible. There is no restraint and everything just winds up feeling pretty lame. There is no suspense and characters flail about in a very silly manner.

Ah. I can see that. I actually just throw the mindset out the roof and just enjoy the moment. It's sort of like watching Transformers or any other blockbuster movie. lol.

wonzo

Banned
One is probably happy out of fear that Sentai would fuck it up. The other, well, yeah...
Hmm yeah, you're right. I humbly apologize and withdraw my snarky remark at dakkumauji.

The second trailer to RWBY.

It's called "White"

http://roosterteeth.com/archive/?id=6934
Still looks pretty boring and dull thanks to the lack of almost any weight or impact.

Ami had better legs
best legs for the best girl

Find me a better quality one without the GifSoup watermark then, please. :D
Time to learn to make your own!!!!

iHxMpCdyypoMy.gif

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I guess jman left animegaf to focus on his career as a taiga sprite in PSP games.

duckroll

I think what interests me the most about the Psycho-pass OP2 changes each week is that it's like watching an Aftereffects project in progress. Each week they render out what they have, and then more corrections and changes are pointed out, and then they render out another one, etc.

Many of the changes are subtle and related to composite improvements or errors. There are also a ton of effect related changes, not to mention the credit overlays which have been improved a lot for readability too. It's interesting to see how the original OP in ep14 was compromised of pretty much all heavy contrast flat colored cuts, but each week they have been progressively adding sketch tone filters to the majority of such scenes to make them look noisier. I have no doubt that by the time the show ends, the OP will be consistently noisy looking instead of the clean vector looking style it first had. I just wonder why it's "progressively" getting improved, instead of getting changed wholesale... lol.

wonzo

Banned
welcome back m_night and happy bday lafiel

Puchimas! 34

puchimasu34.jpg

ara ara ara ara ara ara ara ara ara ara ara ara ara ara ara ara ara ara ara ara ara ara ara ara ara ara ara ara ara ara ara ara ara ara ara ara ara ara ara ara ara ara ara ara ara ara ara ara ara ara ara ara ara ara ara ara ara ara ara ara ara ara ara ara ara ara ara ara ara ara ara ara ara ara ara ara ara ara ara ara ara ara ara ara ara ara ara ara ara ara ara ara ara ara ara ara ara ara ara ara ara ara ara ara ara ara ara ara ara ara ara ara ara ara ara ara ara ara ara ara ara ara ara ara ara ara ara ara ara ara ara ara ara ara ara ara ara ara ara ara ara ara ara ara ara ara ara ara ara ara ara ara ara ara ara ara ara ara ara ara ara ara ara ara ara ara ara ara ara ara ara ara ara ara ara ara ara ara ara ara ara ara ara ara ara ara ara ara ara ara ara ara ara ara ara ara ara ara ara ara

kayos90

Glad I'm not the only one who noticed the derp faces in this episode. Did anyone not screencap Akane's derp face in the beginning of the episode?

Chronoexe

I think what interests me the most about the Psycho-pass OP2 changes each week is that it's like watching an Aftereffects project in progress. Each week they render out what they have, and then more corrections and changes are pointed out, and then they render out another one, etc.

Many of the changes are subtle and related to composite improvements or errors. There are also a ton of effect related changes, not to mention the credit overlays which have been improved a lot for readability too. It's interesting to see how the original OP in ep14 was compromised of pretty much all heavy contrast flat colored cuts, but each week they have been progressively adding sketch tone filters to the majority of such scenes to make them look noisier. I have no doubt that by the time the show ends, the OP will be consistently noisy looking instead of the clean vector looking style it first had. I just wonder why it's "progressively" getting improved, instead of getting changed wholesale... lol.

Just like the Madoka OP

duckroll

Glad I'm not the only one who noticed the derp faces in this episode. Did anyone not screencap Akane's derp face in the beginning of the episode?

There is only so much a person can screencap in a PP episode. If we were to screencap every derp shot, we'll have a folder containing screens of the entire episode! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom