• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -5| This is stupid, kayos90 sucks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey you two! Come back home and make things more lively. xD It's too empty in the morning there :(

(Oh, and I started Major, for those I asked about Baseball animu :D)

Metrotab

Banned
Welcome to the NHK! - 5

Phew, I'm glad the VN production story will continue. The Freud scene was really funny.
Apparently a new girl next episode.

faridmon

Eh. I don't at all feel bothered by the fact that I don't have a girlfriend. WHO NEEDS 3D ANYWAY?

I fully agree with this. I was quite happy yesterday.

and since we are talking about practical tips, give me advice; I am conemplating whether to ask this girl out tomorrow. Might not work, but I am gonna try it

faridmon

I am dreading the fact that the only shows I am currently watching is One Piece (Fisherman arc) and Sword Art Online. At least there is Chihayafuru to look for every week :/

Necrovex

@Necrovex
Marathon that ish, buddy.

I would if I could. My final semester of school is not letting me rest, particularly since I am preparing to join the Navy after the summer. So, my time is super limited at the time. Accursed Bio credit, 17 credit load, internship, and preparing for the military! Taking away precious time from my anime!!!

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
[Goldfish Warning!] 22
qkSrQ5H.png
zO0aqpK.png
ychlL8V.png
Wapik-on! Mugi lost a lot of weight in twenty years.
dat yandere Chitose. :( This second half of the episode was :firehawk as fuck. Poor Flower-chan.

Jex

I don't think it's really "inevitable". Are they really planning to animate nothing but serious arcs from now on? They skipped from Kintama to the current arc, and the opening indicates that we'll get the Shinpachi/Star Wars story soon too. So, are they really planning to do nothing but these? Although I've really enjoyed this last arc, I'll be disappointed if the Gintama anime only focuses on this material from now on, filling the gaps with reruns all the time while ignoring everything else from the manga.

This has also resulted in making everything an 1/1 adaptation, with no real extras or new content. Even the battles in these serious arcs that they bother to animate are motion by motion taken straight from the manga, which is pretty disappointing after some stuff the anime had done before.

Well, they do have staff working away on the second movie, supposedly.

cajunator

Banned

Your art is NOT boring. People are full of shit.

Welcome to the NHK! - 5

Phew, I'm glad the VN production story will continue. The Freud scene was really funny.
Apparently a new girl next episode.

Glad you are enjoying NHK. It gets quite good. One of the shows I can't stop rewatching.
I didnt read any VN's or anything. Went into it completely spoiler-free. Had no idea what to expect from it.

Before you watch anything, incinerate your phone.

Hahaha. Well I said I wouldnt fall asleep but I had to get a couple of hours. I was soooo exhausted. Maybe I slept through all the phone calls XD

Confirmed! Amazon.com now has proper listings, with cover art, for Howl's Moving Castle and My Neighbor Totoro BD/DVD combo packs, to be released May 21.

Howl's Moving Castle (Two-Disc Blu-ray/DVD Combo) ($28)
My Neighbor Totoro (Two-Disc Blu-ray/DVD Combo) ($36)

Thanks for the heads up!

I hope you guys find someone someday, life gets more fun when you have a girlfriend who accepts you for what you are. (She even asked me if I wanted one of these game figmas and gave me Steam Credits on Christimas and the Limited Edition of Diablo 3 on our first Valentine's (too bad the game was crap)) :)

You gotta remember that what works for you isn't necessarily going to work for other people. Romantic asexuals exist and some even go on to live happy lives. Ever hear of Nikola Tesla?

Haganai Next 6

Meido episode and suddenly comedic antics becoming drama. Yep, that's Haganai.

cajunator

Banned
Hmmm. Nisemonagatari really wasnt a favorite of mine but the aniplex set is just over 100 bucks at Rightstuff. thats actually worth it to accompany with Bakemonagatari for completions sake. Its not an absurd price.

Also I wonder if Sentai will ever release a bluray of Ano Natsu after the DVD. I got burned a couple times and dont want to again. It makes me hesitant to purchase it.

DiGiKerot

Hmmm. Nisemonagatari really wasnt a favorite of mine but the aniplex set is just over 100 bucks at Rightstuff. thats actually worth it to accompany with Bakemonagatari for completions sake. Its not an absurd price.

It doesn't have the character commentaries on it, though, unlike the Bakemonogatari set. Presumably it was a condition to getting it out in the US at a not-too-ludicrious price within a couple of years of the Japanese release, but that was an absolute deal-breaker for me.

cajunator

Banned
It doesn't have the character commentaries on it, though, unlike the Bakemonogatari set. Presumably it was a condition to getting it out in the US at a not-too-ludicrious price within a couple of years of the Japanese release, but that was an absolute deal-breaker for me.

Its worth it just for episode 8.
Plus I havent seen the rest actually. But its only like a hundred bucks.
I hate how the industry is still fucked up in 2013. I thought all this stuff would be ironed out by now. the industry is decades old!

Jex

I know, I know, you're all thinking "I'm really tempted to watch Shin Getter Robo vs. Neo Getter Robo but how can I tell that it's worth it"?

Let me explain what the series has in it's favour:

Firstly, it's only four 25 minute episodes. That's no investment at all. Most people waste that much time trying out bad shows every season!

The OVA's actually look great, unlike some of the more questionable retro-rivals of recent times:

Getter Robo's main enemy is Giant Robot Dinosaurs. I don't know if I can stress this enough:

The heroes also fight dinosaurs in hand to hand combat:

Our protagonist is insane:

It features one of the very few competent female pilots in history:

It's actually well animated:

Every scientist is more insane than the next:

It's patriotic:

For Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann fans Getter Robo runs on spiral energy! I mean, Getter Rays. Sorry. There's actually a difference, Getter Rays are far more insane:

Texas Mack rides a giant robot horse:

You get two giant robots for the price of one:

Articalys

News tidbit from Funimation's Q&A panel at Katsucon: Wolf Children probably won't be out on BD/DVD until the holidays, with "some showings here and there" before then. No more specifics at the moment.

cajunator

Banned
I'm in a Precure mood.
Gonna start this very long journey by watching the first series and working my way forward season by season as long as I can stand it. Heartcatch and Smile will be towards the end as the big payoff. Im quite interested to see how the show evolved over the years and the art and direction changes. Jumping in and just watching specific seasons is good for ones sanity but I have to see how this all started.
So here goes nothing.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
I know, I know, you're all thinking "I'm really tempted to watch Shin Getter Robo vs. Neo Getter Robo but how can I tell that it's worth it"?
But do Shin and Neo fight between themselves or is this another issue like with Layton vs Phoenix Wright where the eponymous characters actually cooperate with each other instead of competing?

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
I'm in a Precure mood.
Gonna start this very long journey by watching the first series and working my way forward season by season as long as I can stand it. Heartcatch and Smile will be towards the end as the big payoff. Im quite interested to see how the show evolved over the years and the art and direction changes. Jumping in and just watching specific seasons is good for ones sanity but I have to see how this all started.
So here goes nothing.
You are insane, that's like five hundred episodes of magical girls. Have you finished watching Sailor Moon to begin with?

Jex

But do Shin and Neo fight between themselves or is this another issue like with Layton vs Phoenix Wright where the eponymous characters actually cooperate with each other instead of competing?

Okay, to tell you the truth the title is total bullshit. Minor spoiler:
Not only do Shin and Neo never fight each other, they're actually never active at the same time.

Not that it matters in the grand scheme of things because Shin would curbstomb Neo due to some in-universe rules about Getter Rays.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Mondaiji-tachi 6

Over halfway through now and it still doesn't feel like we're working towards any sort of endgame. I mean, the individual episodes are entertaining as hell, but I'm really wondering what they can do in four more episodes as far as the main story goes.

Fun gift game between Izayoi and Kurosagi, though. And the title of the next episode sounds...very interesting.

Dresden

from the new world 12~15

This show's been on a fucking roll. There's a confidence to the narrative, where revelations are delivered with the assurance that they matter, and will figure into the story later on. Every action has weight and slowly their world is tilted into the water with realization creeping up oh-so-slowly that they're fucked. My inability to keep up with the thread (and thus not reading most of the posts) is actually helping--asides from a vague gif here and there (I remembered the bunny-hopping Maria from ep13, among others) I'm going in unspoiled. Can't wait to go home and finish catching up.

I think my favorite part is the direct delineation between episode 14 and 15, where in one the tyranny of small (wo)men triggers the tragedy to come, as the political machinations the old woman speaks of in that episode play out in the second, with Squealer.

I wonder if they'll ever settle on just how Saki's face looks, though.

DiGiKerot

News tidbit from Funimation's Q&A panel at Katsucon: Wolf Children probably won't be out on BD/DVD until the holidays, with "some showings here and there" before then. No more specifics at the moment.

For what it's worth, I gather that Manga over here in the UK are actually contractually obligated to open Wolf Children on a certain number of theatrical screens/have a certain number of screenings, so I wouldn't be surprised too if Funimation have a similar clause in their contract - particularly given they'd probably want it submitted for the Academy Awards.

Jarmel

Banned
Mondaiji-tachi 6

Over halfway through now and it still doesn't feel like we're working towards any sort of endgame. I mean, the individual episodes are entertaining as hell, but I'm really wondering what they can do in four more episodes as far as the main story goes.

Fun gift game between Izayoi and Kurosagi, though. And the title of the next episode sounds...very interesting.
I checked and there are only ten episodes. What the fuck.

Jex

from the new world 12~15

This show's been on a fucking roll. There's a confidence to the narrative, where revelations are delivered with the assurance that they matter, and will figure into the story later on. Every action has weight and slowly their world is tilted into the water with realization creeping up oh-so-slowly that they're fucked. My inability to keep up with the thread (and thus not reading most of the posts) is actually helping--asides from a vague gif here and there (I remembered the bunny-hopping Maria from ep13, among others) I'm going in unspoiled. Can't wait to go home and finish catching up.

I think my favorite part is the direct delineation between episode 14 and 15, where in one the tyranny of small (wo)men triggers the tragedy to come, as the political machinations the old woman speaks of in that episode play out in the second, with Squealer.

I wonder if they'll ever settle on just how Saki's face looks, though.

Better late than never, comrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom