• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -5| This is stupid, kayos90 sucks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
You are insane, that's like five hundred episodes of magical girls. Have you finished watching Sailor Moon to begin with?

I got up to Sailor Moon R. first episode. Want to take a break from SM and start another magical girls show. Especially one with the music and style of Precure. Its just fun.

Dresden

Ah, well there ya go. lol

It's the "Bleeding Gums Murphy" episode of Polar Bear Cafe. Like damn.

So...

Bear Vader?

25kajwz.jpg

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Maoyuu Maou Yuusha 7

People need to stop lying: this show isn't about economics. It's about medieval people and demons inventing, discovering and researching stuff earlier than they should.

Also, delicious Onna Kishi fanservice.

Apparently the people behind this want me to feel threatened by an alliance between the two biggest idiots in the cast.

Jex

Well, just to warn people, I'm about to go watch an episode of Mouryou no Hako so I may be dropping some essay length post in here shortly. Apologies.

I hope everyone's saved my guide from last time to help them keep up at home!

Brazil

Well, just to warn people, I'm about to go watch an episode of Mouryou no Hako so I may be dropping some essay length post in here shortly. Apologies.

I hope everyone's saved my guide from last time to help them keep up at home!

It's right here in my favorites bar.

duckroll

from the new world 12~15

This show's been on a fucking roll. There's a confidence to the narrative, where revelations are delivered with the assurance that they matter, and will figure into the story later on. Every action has weight and slowly their world is tilted into the water with realization creeping up oh-so-slowly that they're fucked. My inability to keep up with the thread (and thus not reading most of the posts) is actually helping--asides from a vague gif here and there (I remembered the bunny-hopping Maria from ep13, among others) I'm going in unspoiled. Can't wait to go home and finish catching up.

I think my favorite part is the direct delineation between episode 14 and 15, where in one the tyranny of small (wo)men triggers the tragedy to come, as the political machinations the old woman speaks of in that episode play out in the second, with Squealer.

I wonder if they'll ever settle on just how Saki's face looks, though.

And just think, you have another 5 episodes to watch before you're caught up!

Spoiler: It stays good, gets better.

cajunator

Banned
Futari Wa Precure 01

So this is how it all started?
hot blooded, cute and AWESOME.
I love this.
The 2 magical girl character dynamic right off the bat is an interesting way to start this sort of series.
Oh yeah and BUY OUR SHIT.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Futari Wa Precure 01

So this is how it all started?
hot blooded, cute and AWESOME.
I love this.
The 2 magical girl character dynamic right off the bat is an interesting way to start this sort of series.
Oh yeah and BUY OUR SHIT.
How many toys have you ordered yet? Be honest.

Brazil

Zetsuen no Tempest 18

I honestly have no idea where this is going.

It was nice seeing Yoshino show some emotions, though.

Jex

Anime News Network has a pretty interesting new feature up about how copyright law relates to the world of anime. Worth a read, and it sounds like there's still more articles to come on the topic in the future.

The Law of Anime Part I: Copyright and the Anime Fan
The Law of Anime Part II: Copyright and Fandom

Once created, a copyright (presently) lasts for the lifetime of the author plus an additional seventy years.

Just in case you forgot that the Sonny Bono Copyright extension act was rather crazy, or that the U.S. has some of the most absurd copyright law around.

BluWacky

Just in case you forgot that the Sonny Bono Copyright extension act was rather crazy, or that the U.S. has some of the most absurd copyright law around.

..this is the same as the UK, and also I believe part of the Berne Convention on copyright that most of the EU subscribes to...

Maoyuu Maou Yuusha 07

The most logical answer.

While I am liking what is basically the main party doing, I feel behind over at the 'villains' area of the story. Well I guess it's good that we got introduced to them, but eh, don't really care about them either. At least all this fighting over the Hero was pretty funny.

Jex

..this is the same as the UK, and also I believe part of the Berne Convention on copyright that most of the EU subscribes to...

While we've certainly subscribed to Berne I believe it only states 50 years after authors death, right? Meanwhile in America:

Copyright_term.svg

I know that in the UK we go for 70 years for certain things, which I'm not wild about either.

cajunator

Banned
Futari Wa Precure 02

So there's a KISS reject villain called Pissard. He's a total asshole.
Also Zakenna >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> akanbe. Go sit the fuck down Akanbe. You suck.
Marble screw is a pretty awesome attack.

Brazil

Robotics;Notes 17

It's so hard to care about Aki's ambitions...

Well, at least it seems that they didn't stop the plotline that matters again.

Theonik

Anime News Network has a pretty interesting new feature up about how copyright law relates to the world of anime. Worth a read, and it sounds like there's still more articles to come on the topic in the future.

The Law of Anime Part I: Copyright and the Anime Fan
The Law of Anime Part II: Copyright and Fandom
So this seems like a continuation of the ones they were doing on licensing a while back, a nice read. Should have covered more about fansubs as a matter of the subtitles themselves though. (at least I didn't notice him look into that)

At least in the US you can't take things from the public domain and copyright them again. Fucking Russia...
Russia is kinda complicated since these works were on the public domain, but only because of certain USSR related reasons. (in some cases even owned by the state) once Russia signed international treaties after the fall of the USSR many works retro-actively returned to their authors. (with a lot of other complications due to the nature of that transition)

Russia is kinda complicated since these works were on the public domain, but only because of certain USSR related reasons. (in some cases even owned by the state) once Russia signed international treaties after the fall of the USSR many works retro-actively returned to their authors. (with a lot of other complications due to the nature of that transition)
I'm just still bitter about Girls und Panzer on Crunchyroll.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom