• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -5| This is stupid, kayos90 sucks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Novid

Banned
I am for whatever!

wont work sadly - one they cant make Bapho a Loli. (reading her intro gave me...nightmares.) two, Kenco isnt confident in his world building - three the VN's are not deep and have too much pandershit outside of the main. All these conscepts in a Beserk like world however It can become a classic.

There's 100 episodes between SEED and SEED Destiny.

Now THAT was a travesty.

yAs1M.jpg

cajunator

Banned
I kinda felt almost like I was watching a real cat, they animate that sucka so well.

Look at all those beautifully animated yen being sucked into the money pit!

I find it kind of funny what he said just now having an avatar of a character that basically epitomizes fun and hyper cuteness. He's only furthering the cause!

Are we getting hyped for Oreimo 2?

tumblr_leq5su4y4l1qbz3uh.gif

YES

If we are:

V8HYtiZ.gif

YESSSSSSSSSS

Mobile Suit Gundam AGE 45

I WANT MY LIFE BACK.

*Hugs Corvybird

Discount pricing alert: the Black Rock Shooter BD Box is 50% off on Amazon Japan (14,700 yen, or about US$160). Comes with that cool Insane BRS Figma, and the box set has English subtitles.

http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B0074JETNO/

Thanks for this. In case the Us release sucks there's this option. why cant they just release everything with english subs at this point?

If this leads to more monster girl anime, I'm all for it. The demon girl in the last episode or the one before was
cute

I love me some monster girls!

cajunator

Banned
Futari Wa Precure 03

Shortly after this episode ended I crashed super hard for 3 hours. Wasn't the show's fault. Its a quite charming show so far.
We have some school antics, and the teacher gets involved in Pissards evil plot. Kind of standard at this point. The cuties fight some angry flying basketballs and a curtain monster and then all is well. Nagisa seems to have a crush. Honoka is adorable and her family's place is awesome. Her grandma is highly suspicious of everything.

Fate Zero Einzbern Consultation Room 5
tumblr_miahcuPkeB1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Lancer needs his own anime, so good, and Id play that Chilvery era otome too if it had characters like him in it. He is really awesome here, nearly as good as Ryuunosuke in terms of design I think.

I guess a large portion of characters I like also fall into that "cute guy karma".
usually do meet Bad Ends
, I guess in Urobuchi style storytelling.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
[Re: Cutie Honey] 2
Well, that was a letdown. I already knew Imaishi was only given full directorial responsibilities for the first episode, but that doesn't excuse how slow and downright ugly this one was. I wouldn't be surprised if Toei's staff was entirely at charge for this one, because the quality disparity is so reminiscent of many of their other shows, including Precure. It goes beyond the visuals: there's a lot of repeated frames from scene to scene, making the whole thing look very drab when compared to the high-octane intensity of the first episode. My smile was through the floor a few minutes into this.

As for the plot, it was eh. Too much character development being crammed in forty minutes makes it hard to buy Honey's sudden angst attacks.
You want me to believe Natsuki and Honey are already having a friendship breakdown when they've just come to terms with each other at the end of the previous episode? Eh?
Its only saving grace is the :sdburton climax (NSFW). Definitely made all the other trite worth the trouble.

Nichijou 02

This show is amazing because it commits to its stupid dumbass gags with such intensity you can't help but be amused

(This piece of trivia everybody realised months ago was brought to you by JINTOR)

This is absolutely an important reason why Nichijou is awesome.
While thouroughly masterfully animated
a lot of the shows approaches on humour are downright experimental (here and in most parts of the internet frequently described as "unfunny") with often really interesting outcomes.

It wasn't even in the GAF top 10 of 2011.

He was actually the least bad thing about Destiny for me. Still bad, but everything else in that shit show overshadowed it.

i have to agree .

Shiin whining every chance he got was extra annoying ..the new cast had a chance to be good but they failed on every possible aspect of handling them ... leaving the only logical choice for the old cast to come and "correct" things.

i can bear someone crying for the loss of his familly only so much , especially when it's a freaking escuse for not looking at reality !

firehawk12

Subete no aware
[Slam Dunk] 75
mfw one of Hanamichi's crazy plays actually works out.
Wow, you're going through all 200 episodes or whatever? lol

Dragon princess was offered to marry the hero , when he battled some big demon dude to prevent him to attack the city of humans in the demon world.He did so much in that battle that the big demon dude offered that he marry that princess ( daughter of the big demon dude )i say big demon dude because i forgot the guy name and it' not important.
Besides they are introduced now because it's now that they becomes revelant/important.Battle was cool but they probably didn't have time/money to animate it..

The mage , he didn't found her , but he found her whereabouts in a place he can't go.( he can't teleport everywhere ) he did confirm that she's safe so he focused instead on preventing a full war between demons and humans in the demon ream by acting as the demon lord representative.

They did skip a lot of stuff in the anime

Man, this anime adaptation is so terrible. It's like the opposite of the Chihayafuru problem.

Can someone tell me what Maoyuu is about? How bad is the art/animation? I love fantasy and I've been itching for a Spice and Wolf fix (Fukuyama Jun is so dreamy). I love medieval European settings but I can't stand poorly animated crap with shit stories.
It's Spice and Wolf 3, but boring. lol

zeroshiki

He was actually the least bad thing about Destiny for me. Still bad, but everything else in that shit show overshadowed it.

He was the main reason everything went to shit though. The producers saw that Kira was still the most popular character so they twisted the story so sooo much to accomodate him being a hero.

Its like if in the middle of Zeta, Amuro and Char team up and beat up on Kamiyu. That would make no sense story-wise or logic-wise.

Mondaijitachi ga Isekai Kara Kuru Sou Desu yo - 06
Mondaijitachi%20ga%20Isekai%20Kara%20Kuru%20Sou%20Desu%20yo%20-%2006.jpg

i love each of this show ending screens

The show continues to deliver in term of intresting set pieces and locales.
Izaoi is really ruthless when he is having fun.. Still that was a nice fight and a nice looking episode.

Also i don't know how this appeared in my shared online folder but this link is Total CAJUN ALERT

I ALREADY WANT A SEASON 2.
Better start reading those books first ...

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
[Re: Cutie Honey] 2

As for the plot, it was eh. Too much character development being crammed in forty minutes makes it hard to buy Honey's sudden angst attacks.
You want me to believe Natsuki and Honey are already having a friendship breakdown when they've just come to terms with each other at the end of the previous episode? Eh?
Its only saving grace is the :sdburton climax (NSFW). Definitely made all the other trite worth the trouble.

That moment was so awesome. Your impressions make me wanna re-watch it.

I don't know why but whenever I think of that scene I feel like this song should be playing.

============

Vividred Operation - 06

Like others have said previously, more butt shots etc.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
That moment was so awesome. Your impressions make me wanna re-watch it.
That's not the goal I was trying to achieve with my impressions. Episode two of Re: Cutie Honey was truly awful.
I don't know why but whenever I think of that scene I feel like this song should be playing.
You are a riot, SDBurton-chan.
Wow, you're going through all 200 episodes or whatever? lol
101. I'm almost there! It's a show I've been trying to finish for years.

Jintor

This is absolutely an important reason why Nichijou is awesome.
While thouroughly masterfully animated
a lot of the shows approaches on humour are downright experimental (here and in most parts of the internet frequently described as "unfunny") with often really interesting outcomes.

It wasn't even in the GAF top 10 of 2011.

I think it's really funny, but not in the same way I find a lot of other skit comedies funny

Narag

It would've been higher if large swathes of it wasn't just well produced but unfunny gags.

I hope a list pops up of whatever skits were left in for the 13 ep director's cut version. My viewing left me feeling that a bit of focus would have gone a long way.

zeroshiki

The problem with Nichijou was that it started out boring and just went along doing one unfunny gag after another. At least Lucky Star had the decency to set it up a bit (RIP Yamakan).

It also suffered from a huge backlash that year so alot of people left it off their ballots.

cajunator

Banned
Mondaijitachi ga Isekai Kara Kuru Sou Desu yo - 06

The show continues to deliver in term of intresting set pieces and locales.
Izaoi is really ruthless when he is having fun.. Still that was a nice fight and a nice looking episode.

Also i don't know how this appeared in my shared online folder but this link is Total CAJUN ALERT

I ALREADY WANT A SEASON 2.
Better start reading those books first ...

This show delivers sooooo much.
I was totally right about this one :D

Defuser

Chihayafuru ep 6
Holy crap, this episode shows how good this show is and what it does best. Tense and climax at the same time. Poor Taichi, NTRed by a email.
Chihayafuru S2 6

Let it be known that with this masterfully crafted episode, the second season has now surpassed the first. It's able to effortlessly hit all the right notes exactly when it matters most. Now, let's just see if it can keep it up for the rest of its 2-cour run.

Agreed. Season 2 is better because they went almost straight away to the tournament matches where as season 1 needs to build up the characters.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
The only thing I'd remove from Nichijou would be the three airship/"Yukko's Dream" segments. Seven to eight minutes of boring setup for two seconds of relatively unfunny joke. I mean, I got a chuckle out of it, I guess, but there are so many ways they could have set the jokes up that didn't eat up a quarter of the episode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom