• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -5| This is stupid, kayos90 sucks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Narag

Gundam AGE 11

Here, I'll be critical for a change. Sudden insert song was bad and the post-preview trivia is almost required viewing as it feels like story essential information is left until then due to the abbreviated nature I assume the generational arcs are going to have. It doesn't help the character design and the generally uninspired mechanical designs betrays the gravitas the series attempts to exude.

Still eating this up though!

wonzo

Banned
I hope a list pops up of whatever skits were left in for the 13 ep director's cut version. My viewing left me feeling that a bit of focus would have gone a long way.
Definitely, I heard there were some added skits in the BD releases so I wonder if any of those made it either.

Remove every single skit involving Hakase.

There, I just fixed Nichijou.
True but then we wouldn't have gotten the nice "Nano goes to school arc".

Branduil

Nichijou > Hyouka

iWeOmpETGBZwW.gif

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol

There's at least three things in the top 10 I've never once heard anyone mention in these threads since I started posting in here.

Hyouka is way funnier than Nichijou, Satoshi and Houtarou always got me to laugh, cant say the same for the core cast of Nichijou beyond GO Soccer folks.

Replace the main cast of Nichijou with males and keep the writing exactly the same and you'd be calling it one of the funniest shows ever.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
Nichijou was boring/okay. For the first half.

The second half is one of the best things ever put on TV.

The thing I love most about Nichijou is that it really feels like a labor of love. I picture the entire staff coming to work laughing about their ideas while eating each other's snacks.

Syrinx

Revolutionary Girl Utena 13

Recap episodes. Everybody loves recap episodes. At least this one was still pretty important though, in that it showed that
the duels that Utena fought were representative of seven...themes. I'm not sure where they're derived from. Also, there's a faceless dude who looks quite similar to Utena's "prince", in that they don't have their faces shown and have white hair. He's being held prisoner or something, but he and some other dude are watching Utena closely.

CorvoSol

There's 100 episodes between SEED and SEED Destiny.

Now THAT was a travesty.

Except Gundam SEED was good and had likeable characters and cool mecha.

Gundam AGE is shit and has shit characters and shit mecha.

No wait, I'm sorry, that's Gundam SEED Destiny.

Gundam AGE can't have shit characters because it'd have to have characters and not fucking moechanics that die in two fucking episodes during an overly dramatic sequence. It'd have to have mecha and not MECHA GODZILLA. It would have to be something other than all the worst parts of Gundam cobbled together with pitiful attempts at ripping off all the good parts interspersed with ideas that are flat out stolen from other series (most notably the Gundam Titus being the GODDAMN RUSH POWER.)

Gundam AGE is about as good as ethnic cleansing, but at least twice as pointless. There is no curse word in English or Portuguese to describe how awful it is. Not only is it the worst Gundam show ever created, I dare say it's a competitor for the worst mecha show ever created. It's made all the worse by the fact than any time it looks like it's going to get good, it instead bends over and sucks Hino and Flit off.

Jintor

The thing I love most about Nichijou is that it really feels like a labor of love. I picture the entire staff coming to work laughing about their ideas while eating each other's snacks.

This is an excellent way to put it. It never feels like it was put together because somebody was demanding they need to meet a deadline or whatever. It feels like everybody involved cared.

Gotta keep watchan'...

The Daily Lives of High School Boys?

That's next on my list. not sure whether to watch Denmou Coil or Michiko to Hatchin next, though.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I just realized that there are three Okada shows in that 2011 top 10 list. Kinda funny considering the usual context in which Okada's name is thrown around these days. :lol

zeroshiki

Everything on that Top 10 list sans Okada's masterpiece is better than Nichijou. tru fax

Okada has three shows on that list though.

I just realized that there are three Okada shows in that 2011 top 10 list. Kinda funny considering the usual context in which Okada's name is thrown around these days. :lol

I'm going to contradict myself and say that Wandering Son was saved by the source and HanaIro was saved by the directing.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
This is an excellent way to put it. It never feels like it was put together because somebody was demanding they need to meet a deadline or whatever. It feels like everybody involved cared.

Gotta keep watchan'...

It's a special show. By the end of it when Mio receives her gift from the others, you will know... Nichijou was definitely made by people who were close friends. The show just radiates it.

wonzo

Banned
That's next on my list. not sure whether to watch Denmou Coil or Michiko to Hatchin next, though.
Dennou Coil easily.

plz don't defend wagnaria.
wagnaria owns you

I don't see Black Rock Shooter on there :p

*cue macaroon scene*
Not according to the most accurate quality measurment of all, Sales!

Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Boku Tachi wa Mada Shiranai. *5,352+26,173=31,525 (6) (A-1 Pictures)
2011/06/29 *9,136 Vol. 1 Limited Edition (One episode)
07/27 *5,319 Vol. 2 LE (Two episodes up to Vol. 6)
08/24 *4,921 Vol. 3 LE
09/21 *4,554 Vol. 4 LE
10/26 *4,355 Vol. 5 LE
11/23 *3,819 Vol. 6 LE
2011/06/29 37,338 Vol. 1
07/27 27,288 Vol. 2
08/24 24,943 Vol. 3
09/21 23,197 Vol. 4
10/26 22,402 Vol. 5
11/23 21,871 Vol. 6

BLACK★ROCK SHOOTER (OVA) 23,342 (cumulative sales of all versions, not including preview) (Ordet)
2009/09/30 *6,573 PILOT Edition (Preview)
2009/09/30 *6,494 PILOT Edition
2010/12/17 22,608 Limited Edition
2010/12/17 ***734 Standard Edition​

the free market™ has spoken

firehawk12

Subete no aware
101. I'm almost there! It's a show I've been trying to finish for years.
Oh right, it was the manga that was 200 right?

I watched a couple to try to make a go of it... just didn't work for me sadly. But as one of the most "canonical" anime of the 90s, it's almost like I should give it another shot. lol

(It's on the same backlog as GTO and Utena :p)

cajunator

Banned
Nichijou > Hyouka

YUP!

There's at least three things in the top 10 I've never once heard anyone mention in these threads since I started posting in here.

Replace the main cast of Nichijou with males and keep the writing exactly the same and you'd be calling it one of the funniest shows ever.

Those three are pretty well known, especially Working!
Some were let down by Redline although as a car/racing nut I enjoyed it thoroughly.

Branduil

Dennou Coil easily.

wagnaria owns you

Not according to the most accurate quality measurment of all, Sales!

Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Boku Tachi wa Mada Shiranai. *5,352+26,173=31,525 (6) (A-1 Pictures)
2011/06/29 *9,136 Vol. 1 Limited Edition (One episode)
07/27 *5,319 Vol. 2 LE (Two episodes up to Vol. 6)
08/24 *4,921 Vol. 3 LE
09/21 *4,554 Vol. 4 LE
10/26 *4,355 Vol. 5 LE
11/23 *3,819 Vol. 6 LE
2011/06/29 37,338 Vol. 1
07/27 27,288 Vol. 2
08/24 24,943 Vol. 3
09/21 23,197 Vol. 4
10/26 22,402 Vol. 5
11/23 21,871 Vol. 6

BLACK★ROCK SHOOTER (OVA) 23,342 (cumulative sales of all versions, not including preview) (Ordet)
2009/09/30 *6,573 PILOT Edition (Preview)
2009/09/30 *6,494 PILOT Edition
2010/12/17 22,608 Limited Edition
2010/12/17 ***734 Standard Edition​

the free market™ has spoken

That's the OVA version, Okada didn't write that.

zeroshiki

Oh right, it was the manga that was 200 right?

I watched a couple to try to make a go of it... just didn't work for me sadly. But as one of the most "canonical" anime of the 90s, it's almost like I should give it another shot. lol

(It's on the same backlog as GTO and Utena :p)

Slam Dunk is a better nakama show than One Piece.

Slam Dunk was so popular that it inspired a boom in basketball in Japan. There was a time when basketball was the number 1 club activity in the country.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I've actually heard of Working'!! myself (tried watching the first episode on CR the other day but it didn't really hook me), just never see it brought up in the thread.

Defuser

Maoyuu Maou Yuusha ep 7
Good question Female Knight! Who is the wife and who is the mistress?

jIatk6G.png

Yuusha is one lucky motherfucker. One has a amazing ass with fighting skills while the other have amazing tits with wisdom and they both willing to share. This is one anime I support bigamy!

CorvoSol

Mobile Suit Gundam AGE 46

I am sick of:
This show.
This show treating women like second class human beings. This captain and all others have had to always have their goddamn MAN around to boss them around or they're useless. All other women are either EVIL ACE PILOTS WHO LOST A MAN, or basically buckets into which Flit and his Flitlings deposit their seed and draw out new Flitlings.
Asuno's ALWAYS winning. Have they ever lost a fight? Ever?
The ridiculous headgear the Vagan wear.
Seeing the racist Flit treated as sympathetic or heroic in anyway, when he is OBVIOUSLY the villain of this series.
The recycled characters/designs. SERIOUSLY. Every character in Arc 3 IS a character from Arc 1.
These terrible mecha designs.
This show.

Jintor

Is Working!! worth putting up with Working! for? Mind you, I only saw one episode of Working before dropping it, I just didn't find it very amusing. Might not have been in the right mindspace for it though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom