• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -5| This is stupid, kayos90 sucks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
Azumanga Daioh 8

This was one of the best episodes I've ever seen of anything ever. Bizarre dreams, Chiyo pigtail jokes, and Norio fucking Wakamoto. Best episode.

And just think, you've got like 18 episodes more of it! So much feel good funnies.

I just wanna say as a relative newbie that animeGAF is awesome and that I've never felt unwelcome or at odds here. This is definitely on of the nicer and friendlier communities I've seen on this forum.

*hugs animeGAF*

Same. I feel entirely at home here. I enjoy the hell out of all you folks. I just hope people appreciate my presence and do not resent me. And if someone does, I apologize because I can be a handful.

There's also the opposite case; I've seen huge, detailed impression posts that get no replies. That can be sort of discouraging, even if people read it, it leaves the feel that the post is being ignored.

I know that some probably feel that way, but I definitely do take the time to read through everything. Some of it takes a good while. Myself I'm not the analyst type obviously although I will occasionally go through an episode in a bit of detail and give my feelings/thoughts on some things. I try to post entertaining stuff.
The episode impressions are very much appreciated believe me. I wouldn't understand half of a shows meaning otherwise!

She looks SOOOOOOOOOOOO much cuter with glasses/hair down. Why she not do that more?! WHY?

;_;

Well, they gotta save some moe ideas for their next show!

Why did people indulge on his provocations? Please, use the ignore function on case you don't want to interact with that person anymore, but don't make others lose the opportunity to continue having that person in here.

Playing along with his instability isn't why we are here. That matter is something for a moderator or administrator to handle.

I'm gonna miss that cat :(
The most upsetting thing is its probably a perm and I have no idea how I will ever contact Uchip again. Im kind of depressed about it. I did get along with him. Hopefully he is still in IRC.

What? SakurakoxHimawari had one of the strongest OTPs from the show. Not to mention Chinatsu's big sis.
So true ..

Sakurako x himawara for (yuri) life !!

Has Gintama been worth watching? Thinking of adding it after Im finally caught up on the dub of Cardfight!! Vanguard...next week.

DTL ..i'm writing LEGENDARY in bolded and you're asking if it's worth watching ?

Of course watch it !!!! start from episode 1 and pay in your mind the fact that it becomes awesome only after episode 24.

Kurita

The number of female fans and doujins of Gintama is astounding. Didn't know the characters were considered as pretty boys.

Milamber

DTL ..i'm writing LEGENDARY in bolded and you're asking if it's worth watching ?

Of course watch it !!!! start from episode 1 and pay in your mind the fact that it becomes awesome only after episode 24.

If he's in a hurry he can start with Benizakura-hen then episode 25 or 50.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
But isn't it a bit silly to try to look for progressive displays of lesbianism in what is basically a gag comic?
I haven't actually seen Yuru Yuri, so I can't really say.
Should we give Yuru Yuri a free pass for perpetuating certain notions about homosexual relationships just for comedic effect?

Syrinx

I'm feeling some real excitement about starting Utena. I might not be able to start til next week though. Depends on when I get it, I suppose.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
But isn't it a bit silly to try to look for progressive displays of lesbianism in what is basically a gag comic?

And one that stays within the same year. Unless the author decides to move them up a year there'll never be progression in the relationships.

Jex

Shows that are actually progressive deserve more credit.

Well, people are currently watching Wandering Son, although I'm not sure how it got missed the first time around.

Oh wait, yes I am. I shouldn't assume that every single person in the world keeps up with the seasonal anime releases.

Shergal

A lot of gag shows can get serious when it counts, some do really well even.

Anyway, I realize YuruYuri is not the happiest depiction of homosexuality, but since it's Japan and a show whose aim is entirely comedic, I don't care that much. I'm more concerned at more than half of the humour being badly executed and recycled, if it keeps at this pace I'm just going to look up the sakuga eps and disregard the rest.

Jex

[Gintama] - 259

gintama259.png

Damn, shit got real so damn fast. Well, I guess that's one the reasons Gintama is so enjoyable, it's shounen but compressed.

Well, if they're going to start
really getting to grips with Gintoki's past/the Rebellion I wonder how much of this franchise is actually left? Probably left.

/XX/

Saw that earlier. I'll try to go watch it. Hope they don't screw it up like Strong World with a very small number of theaters.
I think that movie had around 10 copies across the whole country, isn't it? Well, seeing the efforts Eurozoom & Kazé also made for Wolf Children: Ame & Yuki with a total of 49 copies (thanks to that even entering the box-office charts for decent earnings accumulated), I expect something more than what they did for STRONG WORLD on this new one.

cajunator

Banned
Also announced in the past 24 hours or so was Log Horizon, which is Sword Art Online all over again, animated by Satelight, to air in the autumn.

This looks terrible. I got burned by SAO but...I might give this a chance independent of that.

Puchimas - 19

iPFio6ryjwd8F.gif

A lovely innocent gif today. Why? Because the rest of the episode was BEYOND LEWD!

oh my...
but Takane's love is pure <3

Sora no Woto 4 (rewatch)

Noel was pretty damn adorable this episode, along with her interactions with Kanata. Carl ojiisan is also a well of wisdom.

Noel is a moenuke, and a damned great mechanic as well!

Appreciated. Neogaf mobile uses this and was looking for something similar.
It works nicely!

Cajunator: Lafiel should know how to contact him off the forum.

Thanks. I will do that.

I'm feeling some real excitement about starting Utena. I might not be able to start til next week though. Depends on when I get it, I suppose.

The sooner the better. there is truly NOTHING like Utena that you have ever seen or will see. It is a singular experience that will delight and confuse the fuck out of you. Then you will understand.

Neo C.

Gintama ep. 259: this is the episode which uses 70% of the budget, so they can lament how they need to save every penny in the next ten episodes.

cajunator

Banned
Shangri La somewhat did, although Miiko and Momoko were more like great close friends. They wanted to open up a store together. Both were transsexuals though and mostly played like serious characters. I did appreciate that in the show a lot.

Jex

I can no longer live without User Highlighter, Embedded youtube, multi quote and all that other good stuff.

Mitsuho

Banned
Well, people are currently watching Wandering Son, although I'm not sure how it got missed the first time around.

Oh wait, yes I am. I shouldn't assume that every single person in the world keeps up with the seasonal anime releases.

As progressive as she can be. While Shimura-san has included LGBT into almost all of her work, for Hourou Musuko, there is no mention of any type of hormone replacement, gender reassignment, etc. Even binding is only lightly touched upon in one scene when Yoshino-kun goes to a specialty store. Kind of stuck at 'society says CD' side of TG.

OceanBlue

Everyone must have this. It really is great!
Also this if you have firefox *There may be a chrome version too dunno
Makes multi-quoting actually usable among other things! Not having to go to the reply page is its greatest grace though.

This works with Chrome as well. I just tested it.

For those who don't know: Chrome doesn't let you install extensions that aren't on the app store. You have to download the script (right click, save as), open a tab and go to chrome://extensions, and drag-and-drop the script in the window.

I can no longer live without User Highlighter, Embedded youtube, multi quote and all that other good stuff.

If only they worked across mobile browsers, at least, dont have the youtube thing with kindle (though does it on my phone), havent managed to see how multi quote works on mobile browsers, always borked for me.

Live thread updater, makes me miss edits.

cajunator

Banned
I love add on apps for forums. Makes the whole thing a million times easier. Neogaf has a great design and layout though so I havent used any here up till now.
Still looking for the youtube embedder.

Mitsuho

Banned
Shangri La somewhat did, although Miiko and Momoko were more like great close friends. They wanted to open up a store together. Both were transsexuals though and mostly played like serious characters. I did appreciate that in the show a lot.

Miiko was practically the heroine towards the end.

There were these clowns too:
images

AnimeGaf Royale The Anime

Production: Studio DEEN, Ordet
Director: Yamamoto Yutaka
Series Composition: Okada Mari

Its gonna be the best anime ever.

Will only watch if every episode has CG.

Soul Eater 08

I think using your book would be a better weapon than using a scythe, Maka. You know, from a practical stance.

Maka Chop is deadly.

She's one of my favorite shounen series protagonists.

I guess I'm the outcast but i didn't like that episode very much. I guess I didn't find it humorous....

I liked the initial episode, but they should have left it at that. All the future uses of that character were painful.

I wasn't joking. It's what my sister tells me every time I try to convince her to watch Utena, more or less.

Sounds like its time for a disowning.

OceanBlue

I stopped using it because some people post spoiler videos that otherwise would not have spoiled me if I wasn't using it.

That's why I use the Youtube Link Title script. It changes the URL to the name of the Youtube video. If the link is text, you see the text but there's a Youtube icon in front of the text that tells you it's a Youtube video. The best part is that if you open a Youtube link, it opens an Youtube player in the window so you can scroll and watch a video at the same time! Super convenient.

Jex

As progressive as she can be. While Shimura-san has included LGBT into almost all of her work, for Hourou Musuko, there is no mention of any type of hormone replacement, gender reassignment, etc. Even binding is only lightly touched upon in one scene when Yoshino-kun goes to a specialty store. Kind of stuck at 'society says CD' side of TG.

I can't comment on the work as a whole because the anime, as far as I know, only covers a small portion of the story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom