• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -5| This is stupid, kayos90 sucks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
That's why I use the Youtube Link Title script. It changes the URL to the name of the Youtube video. If the link is text, you see the text but there's a Youtube icon in front of the text that tells you it's a Youtube video. The best part is that if you open a Youtube link, it opens an Youtube player in the window so you can scroll and watch a video at the same time! Super convenient.

This looks better than the one I have been using. The auto detect videos that have embed disabled looks to be a really handy feature.

CorvoSol

The worst thing about Azumanga Daioh is that it ends.

Incidentally, the best thing about Gundam AGE is that it has to end sometime, and everyone involved with it will inevitably die!

Gintama ep. 259: this is the episode which uses 70% of the budget, so they can lament how they need to save every penny in the next ten episodes.

i'm no near this episode yet but gintama does this so well i can only approuve!

---------------
Gintama 212 - 213

so now i finally know the context of that insane gif , the kana_laugh.gif you all used last year.

212 was like the calm before the storm. It was a well done episode with a standard "gathering the team" elements from various shonen. It was still fun.

213 Is where the thing gets good again: it's r-18 time !!!

Gintama%20-%20213_01.jpg

Well nobody is doubting that , right ?

213 had action, twists & reveals + familliars faces.

It was trully enjoyable.. i wonder how they will direct the character devellopment for piroko now and i hope she will stay good..

Oh this episode was well animated and had some epic moments :

Gintama%20-%20213_02.jpg

Viva gintama in 16/9 ! wait that's not how you're supposed to open doors !

i totally called the bad guy... this situation was totally obvious. Still she does play her role well and the look on her face when the 2 were laughing was priceless.

Gintama is really at his best right now.

VERDICT : EXCELLENT

Thoraxes

Jojo - 14

Caesar
is a total fucking PIMP!

RIPPLE
KISS
MOTHERFUCKERS

And
Mark and his death flag was still sad. Lucky we got the two badasses to fuck them up and step on their shadows

I also thought it was interesting how they moved onto the next section of Roundabout this episode too.

Theonik

You do realise you can multiquote without that plugin. Just click that + button.
The plug-in makes it a lot better as it instantly pasts the quotes on the reply box and saves them across pages. You can also reply to them, then save the quotes and your replies. (you can save posts in general) then move to the next page and quote more. Or save your post, refresh then post. It allows to auto-convert img tags to links when quoting too.
Default multi-quoting on GAF sucks. And I had it but out on me especially on mobile. I really can't use GAF without plug-ins tbh.

Shergal

Everyone must have this. It really is great!
Also this if you have firefox *There may be a chrome version too dunno
Makes multi-quoting actually usable among other things! Not having to go to the reply page is its greatest grace though.

That's why I use the Youtube Link Title script. It changes the URL to the name of the Youtube video. If the link is text, you see the text but there's a Youtube icon in front of the text that tells you it's a Youtube video. The best part is that if you open a Youtube link, it opens an Youtube player in the window so you can scroll and watch a video at the same time! Super convenient.

Most used thing for me is surely the live thread updater.

I am now browsing a much fancier and comfier neoGAF. This is pretty great.

Jex

You know, firehawk12 hasn't even commented on the latest Gintama. I hope he's okay. It's got even more material for the Gintoki x Tsukuyo ship that he's sailing.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
The plug-in makes it a lot better as it instantly pasts the quotes on the reply box and saves them across pages. You can also reply to them, then save the quotes and your replies. (you can save posts in general) then move to the next page and quote more. Or save your post, refresh then post. It allows to auto-convert img tags to links when quoting too.
Default multi-quoting on GAF sucks. And I had it but out on me especially on mobile. I really can't use GAF without plug-ins tbh.
Well I'm giving it a go at the mo. I'll see how it goes. The extra tag buttons should prove useful. Though I notice it doesn't have the post or thread tags. Ah well. Always a small drawback, much like the live updater needing you to manually refresh to use the multiquote.

Always pass on the highlighter but seeing as every raves about it I decided to give in. Seeing my posts in purple is weird.

The img tag to url should be rather useful as I'm always removing img tags from posts.

Love your new avatar, BGBW!
Thank you.

/XX/

What moments/character you would have liked to see in an additional spin-off? Like full episodes or OVAs outside what we saw from the main "course", you know... for example, (following the Shin-chan craze I have lately) a full series of KANTAM ROBOT, with the animation the "finale" had and Yoshihiko Takakura (http://www.catsuka.com/player/mad_Yoshihiko_Takakura) as the man responsible again for something like that, would have been something glorious!

More of those Kannagi's Lolikko Cutie "godly" episodes wholly animated by Tetsuya Takeuchi again are something I wouldn't mind to see as well! :-D

Jex

Lancer Fate/Zero OVA covering his past would have been neat.

This is a stupid thing to say because you should be asking for an OVA that covers more of Kiritsugu's life. Yes, I know we already got a lot of backstory for him but that doesn't mean I'd say no to more!

Of course, I must admit, what made those flashbacks good was their revelations regarding his character and how this changes the audiences perception of his actions so perhaps they served their purpose and no further material was needed.

Narag

This is a stupid thing to say because you should be asking for an OVA that covers more of Kiritsugu's life. Yes, I know we already got a lot of backstory for him but that doesn't mean I'd say no to more!

Of course, I must admit, what made those flashbacks good was their revelations regarding his character and how this changes the audiences perception of his actions so perhaps they served their purpose and no further material was needed.

That's a fair point too. I'd also accept a tv series with him and wgatsherface making their hits.

That's a reminder I do want to get back to the LNs. I think his moral quandry was presented far earlier changing how his character is perceived. Then again my POV might have been tainted by the show in this regard.

PSYCHO-PASS 14

I like the new OP. Nice use of colors, pretty stylish.

Not a bad episode. Back to the murder mystery thing but at least giving some progress on the whole crime coefficient thing.

The new ED is pretty ugly.

Steroyd

Kotoura-san - 03

cPmlstu.jpg

There's a but here somewhere, there's always a but with this show, wait for it, wait for it...

1OrhkjS.jpg

There we go!

Kagami

I really, really love the glasses-gag in Yuru Yuri. Chitose is one of my favorite characters.

Seeing how most other people (or maybe a vocal minority) find them annoying reminds me of the reference jokes in Family Guy, which is also something I can't get enough of.

Maybe I just really love cutaway jokes.
I found the concentration of glasses-removal in that one early ep to be kind of meh, but after that they stuck to using it more sparingly and cleverly.

cajunator

Banned
Miiko was practically the heroine towards the end.

There were these clowns too:
images

Are you referring to Karin and her associates, Kuniko, or the Otaku bros?

The worst thing about Azumanga Daioh is that it ends.

Incidentally, the best thing about Gundam AGE is that it has to end sometime, and everyone involved with it will inevitably die!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlBiLNN1NhQ

I LOVE YOU

Just wondering you ever think of going back to college?

I was thinking about it, but Im making close to 40k even without it. Could definitely afford to attend again, but the question is finding time to do it.

Kotoura-san - 03

cPmlstu.jpg

There's a but here somewhere, there's always a but with this show, wait for it, wait for it...

1OrhkjS.jpg

There we go!

OMG. Watching now!

Jex

Do you ever feel like you knowledge of anime is unhealthily better than your knowledge of other, more important things? I do!

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I feel like that's some sort of blasphemy.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Do you ever feel like you knowledge of anime is unhealthily better than your knowledge of other, more important things? I do!

I solve this by making anime the most important thing in my life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom