• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -5| This is stupid, kayos90 sucks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moonlight

Banned
Code: Breaker Episode 6

iYIPQiql2Q5jX.png

ibw0xRr3dk7WlD.png

ibpKVX8D89Rfke.png

This motherfucker.

Each episode just keeps getting better. I think I'm even starting to enjoy some of the school stuff. If only for the Heike stuff, god damn. Definitely didn't expect any of the developments this episode. Sakura is still pretty useless, but it was fun seeing
the teacher come out of nowhere and start shooting up the zombies
. In general, the action in this show has kept to a quite consistently good standard.

Looks like the main plot is finally rearing its' head, though. Definitely wanna see where it goes from here.

iWw4RWLSF6LbI.png

AKU NI WO AKU O

Shergal

This show seems to have an unhealthy obsession with traumatizing its main character.

I dislike that the only expression they seem to know is dead eyes; too little variety is never good.

My main gripe with Kotoura-san is still the execution, it's so standard and underwhelming for me I just end up staring with a blank face at most scenes, be it comedy or DRAMA. The first 10 minutes of ep 1 were well done, and I kinda liked the storyboarding for this episode's part where
Manabe gets beaten
, but aside from those moments it's just a run of the mill romcom with the added grimdark twist.

Steroyd

Do you ever feel like you knowledge of anime is unhealthily better than your knowledge of other, more important things? I do!

Not just anime, but a lot of useless pointless info stays in my head alot better than actual important stuff, it's irritating.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Code: Breaker Episode 6

Each episode just keeps getting better. I think I'm even starting to enjoy some of the school stuff. If only for the Heike stuff, god damn. Definitely didn't expect any of the developments this episode. Sakura is still pretty useless, but it was fun seeing
the teacher come out of nowhere and start shooting up the zombies
. In general, the action in this show has kept to a quite consistently good standard.

Looks like the main plot is finally rearing its' head, though. Definitely wanna see where it goes from here.

It only gets betterer and betterer.

Shergal

Why unhealthy? Knowledge is knowledge. The only thing that matters is if it makes you happy!

I've been watching K-On! lately, so I'm covered in sugar

jbug617

Banned
Sentai released their May lineup

Kids on the Slope Bluray and DVD
K-ON The Movie Bluray and DVD
Natsuyuki Rendezvous DVD
Colorful The Movie Bluray and DVD
Phi Brain Season 1 Collection2 Bluray and DVD
Okamikakushi Complete Collection DVD

Hyouka 5
T1CKDsz.jpg

...is so boring.
Thank god that's all over. This whole uncle thing was incredibly dumb, I almost want the "Who locked the door?" kind of mysteries back.
He seriously got kicked out of school because he drew the short straw? lol
We did get to see some nice 60s era women, so it wasn't entirely bad.
This episode skipped both the OP and the ED so I'm both glad and disappointed. Bring on Irisu already and that crazy girl people seem to like.
wE5b5Wx.jpg

So Mayaka is like that, huh? I wonder if there's any...

cajunator

Banned
Hyouka 5

Thank god that's all over. This whole uncle thing was incredibly dumb, I almost want the "Who locked the door?" kind of mysteries back.
We did get to see some nice 60s era women, so it wasn't entirely bad.
This episode skipped both the OP and the ED so I'm both glad and disappointed. Bring on Irisu already and that crazy girl people seem to like.

It gets better.
A lot better.

Shergal

That was clearly a metaphor. He was bullied into being the face of the movement, and he got kicked out because they burned a house down and the "leader" had to take responsibility.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Do you ever feel like you knowledge of anime is unhealthily better than your knowledge of other, more important things? I do!

Well, the sixteen years of my life that I spent acquiring actual knowledge hasn't earned me a cent, so how much worse could it possibly be to devote my time and attention to leisure activities at this point?

turn on, tune in, drop out etc etc.

Sentai released their May lineup

Kids on the Slope Bluray and DVD
K-ON The Movie Bluray and DVD
Natsuyuki Rendezvous DVD
Colorful The Movie Bluray and DVD
Phi Brain Season 1 Collection2 Bluray and DVD
Okamikakushi Complete Collection DVD
May isn't too far away, considering how long I have to wait for the new K-ON! manga volumes to get released here.
It gets better.
A lot better.

I would sure hope so. The carrot on the string can only take me so far.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Should work in Chrome too.

I'm sure you already know that you can change the color in the settings. I still have it on whatever color it started with. Darkseagreen1 or something.
Yep, works in Chrome perfectly fine. I do use an extension called Tampermonkey however to handle userscripts.

And yeah, I worked out how to change the colour which is why my posts are in purple. I'm just so used to the grey.

My knowledge is minimal so luckily it hasn't reached that stage yet. However ask me about useless Nintendo trivia and that'll be a completely different story.

Kagami

I'd actually say it's safe in both ways. The humor is safe, and the character relationships are safe. Now, normally the former isn't too bad if you're not expecting much to begin with, but like with the time travel ep there were times when "safe" became simple cowardice. The latter is also aggravating to me. Something that attempts to have girl on girl antics to the point of putting "yuri" in its title shouldn't get away with not actually being willing to show anything.

It's not quite as bad as the enforced platonic existence of Nanoha, but sterility in relationships just tell me the show is pandering to an audience that freaks out when their waifu gets taken onscreen. These same people are what Ikuhara was referring to when he suggested that Rei Ayanami needed to be shown married and pregnant.

Generally speaking, the point of using the word "yuri" in Japanese rather than just saying "lesbian" is precisely to avoid the "raw" feel of real lesbians and instead do juvenile "teeheehee they held hands" joke stuff. And putting "yuru" (soft/gentle/lax) in front of it in the title sounds all the more like that.

Snickering about situations that imply something taboo might happen is a pretty common setup in general, ala all those incest stories with no incest in them and pedo stories where nothing pedo ever happens.

Obviously it's not a hard and fast thing (those yuri manga magazines do have a few real lesbian stories in them) but google for phrases like "百合は好きだけどレズは" and you can find "I like yuri but not lesbians" discussions pretty easily.

I'm not sure how much of it is the same thing as not wanting to see waifus taken by a male character and how much of it is a direct aversion to homosexuality. Seems to vary by person.

Would be funny if they dubbed the British voices with American ones and by funny I mean so offensive that whoever was in charge of that decision should be hung on Trafalgar Square.

They're going to make them speak Japanese instead. Clearly non-native speakers of course.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Windy Tales 3

Why a Digital Camera Club and not a Photography Club? I mean, why limit yourself to using shitty cameras instead of decent ones? Ehh.

A really chill episode that didn't seem related to the overarching plot. Still, the photo contest twist in the end was neat, haha.

Jex

Windy Tales 3

Why a Digital Camera Club and not a Photography Club? I mean, why limit yourself to using shitty cameras instead of decent ones? Ehh.

A really chill episode that didn't seem related to the overarching plot. Still, the photo contest twist in the end was neat, haha.

Look out we got an elitist in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom