• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -5| This is stupid, kayos90 sucks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yuru Yuri are actually bad.

Expectation of response:
iu7X62M5PVypp.gif

Actual response:
ibbNLumhyxZy6C.gif

jgminto

BECK Completed

Brilliant. Amazing. Captures the essence of rock.

I don't think I really need to say anything else. Also new avatar time, so long Rin.

cajunator

Banned
Motherfucking Yami To Boushi To Hon No Tabibito. Whatever you're doing now, stop doing it and watch this.

Thread's a fucking freight train. Screw OT4, let's go for OT5!

A new Yami disciple.
Excellent.
How did you rate it again? Something like "elephant oatmeal/10"

Vox-Pop

Contains Sucralose
BECK Completed

Brilliant. Amazing. Captures the essence of rock.

I don't think I really need to say anything else. Also new avatar time, so long Rin.

Totally got the feels in the beginning when Tanaka was being bullied and lost his school crush. At least he had the band to fall back on. I thought some of the music exec/black guy story was a bit much but it's still one of my favorite anime.

Yuru Yuri S1 was great. The S2 kinda sucked. Just like K-on!, 1 > 2.

Syrinx

A new Yami disciple.
Excellent.
How did you rate it again? Something like "elephant oatmeal/10"

Yup. A 10/10 is fucking wrong. But a 0/10 is also wrong. And nothing in between quite conveys Yami. Elephant oatmeal describes Yami way better than some number.

Syrinx

K-ON!! 17

Yui's lyrical turnaround was simply remarkable. Her first lyrics were sub-kindergarten level lyrics. Seriously. It was a song about rice. "Rice as a Side Dish". Damn. And then she writes those lyrics about Ui, which were totally dawwwwwwwww. Mio better step her game up.

It's always tea with Mugi. Coffee > Tea. When will she learn? Now her tea cost them rehearsal at a rental studio, which they were using cause their home, the music room, was taken away. I remember when I was 9 years old I was without a home. I had to survive by eating rats and cooking them with a discarded cigarette lighter, and had to stay warm by using a crawl space outside a local restaurant. That was a hellish 47 minutes before I decided to go home and serve my day-long grounding for dragging a shovel across the kitchen tile.

Gunbuster 04 & 05: This anime is way more mature and deep than I would have thougt after watching the first episode. Thank you Chet to lure me into this.

Jojo 07: Not much to say really. Jojo is awesome, I can't wait to see the final (first arc) battle. I only read the manga until the beginning of arc 2 so I will be like crazy when I catch up. Hype.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I watched Yuru Yuri episode 1. Then immediately dropped it. I realized it was going to be like K-On with no purpose. At all.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Quick, somebody post the "your favorite anime is shit" image. It's still nowhere to be found in this page. We need to fill the gaps.

Narag

One Piece: Episode of Nami

7D60EWHl.jpg

h38iy1Ll.jpg

KvdEiC3l.jpg

Too cool.

Good
  • Great visual upgrade over the TV series' take
  • Slightly rearranged events flowed better
  • God damn @ that action
  • Awesome bit of recapping older fights in what I assume to be the current art style that was reminiscent of the second Kenshin OVA's brief recollections of the Kyoto arc in the OVA's art style.
  • Gives me hope other arcs will be given such treatment (if possible)
  • Bellemere stuff as heartbreaking as ever
  • Fishmen's increased stature (I think anyhow) leaves them wonderfully imposing
  • Compressed arc wisely focused on Nami's emotional conflict.

Bad

• Requires prior knowledge so not as standalone as I'd have liked.
  • Apparently the hardest thing to draw is Luffy's hat.
  • First third drags

Ugly
  • CG Arlong Park
  • The below image:

Admittedly some of my hangups are rooted in me expecting this to be something which it was not. Even if it didn't entirely click with me early on, I can't deny it was well done and better than the TV series.

Jarmel

Banned

This really does me make sad. E7 had a truly phenomenal soundtrack, possibly my favorite of all time.

There cannot be any real defense for creatures as abominable as they.

Eureka Seven 26

I still think episode 24 is better, but I can see why people would like this episode so much. Particularly when Renton looks Holland in the eye and is basically like, "Screw you, guy I used to think was so damn cool, and screw your ship of people I used to think were so cool. I don't give two damns about you. I came back for Eureka and that's it. She's not here? See you later, JERK."

Well this should be entertaining...

Anyway I recently rewatched Morning Glory and the episode holds up remarkably well. There is some fantastic imagery in the show such as the stuffed pig being repeatedly slammed in the door symbolizing both Holland's feelings as well as how the Gekko is broken apart as a family. Both Holland and Renton have great chemistry in this episode but there is also something to be said about Eureka taking the initiative for once.

One thing when rewatching the show, it really reinforced how stellar the visual direction was in the series.

Just realized the girls who consistently be appearing in Vanguard come from Milky Holmes anime

Cardfight!! Vanguard 53 - 54 eng dub

Awesome fight for Kamui and Guy. Girl Power episode was surprisingly not that bad. I actually like Misaki's deck as it has some good cards that Ive mentioned before CEO Amaterasou, Lozenge Magus, Goddess of the Half Moon, Crescent Moon, Full Moon, Tsukuyoki, etc. So cant wait for 55 to see how the match concludes.

Kamui still needs to say FINAL TURN

Vividred Operation 3

E7nBmwe.jpg

An ED for every girl? You're too kind to me A-1

This episode's pacing was all sorts of fucked in the last few minutes. It didn't stop it from being massively entertaining, and not to mention the best girl has now been introduced.

Syrinx

K-ON!! 18

Has to be one of Chet's favorites.

Mio has been honorably voted by her class to play Romeo in an upcoming performance of "Romeo and Juliet". Only problem is, she has stage fright and performance anxiety and just about everything in between. Nice choice dumbasses. Democracy doesn't work in a classroom setting. Kids don't give a fuck. And Ritsu has been selected to play Romeo.

Rehearsing later, they decide to play their roles as if they were each other, since each other seems much better for their roles. This begs the question as to why they didn't just switch roles to begin with, but I guess the people have spoken.

Then they try to help Mio by having everybody work as a waitress in a cafe of someone in Mugi's family. They all wear maid outfits, which is what I think the scene was setting up to begin with. Mio gets better, but there's still work to be done.

Will Mio kiss Ritsu in the pla? Since Chet Rippo and SDBurton haven't yet attained nirvana and because I haven't seen a gif of it fifty thousand times, I'm going to guess no.

Dead

well not really...yet
Anyway I recently rewatched Morning Glory and the episode holds up remarkably well. There is some fantastic imagery in the show such as the stuffed pig being repeatedly slammed in the door symbolizing both Holland's feelings as well as how the Gekko is broken apart as a family. Both Holland and Renton have great chemistry in this episode but there is also something to be said about Eureka taking the initiative for once.

One thing when rewatching the show, it really reinforced how stellar the visual direction was in the series.
If I remember correctly, the director of that episode Masayuki Miyaji, took so long to finish that episode, it screwed up the production pace of the remaining episodes.

I think that was also the case with Miyaji's Xam'd, remember rumours about that stuff being posted on 2ch.

I mean, can't complain about the results. For me its one of the finest televised anime episodes ever made, everything about it is perfect, but its a shame the visual fidelity isn't as strong in the 2nd half of the show (though when its on point, it's on fucking point), pretty much my only complaint about the series.

Narag

Magi 15

*Yawn*

This series is too freaking boring.

Seems like it doesn't have to be either. It's just so much talking and boring shit put together that anything potentially entertaining fails to draw attention back in after it occurs.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Thanks for taking the hits for me.

The worst part is that the show has potential. The action-filled episodes 10 and 13 were pretty cool. But all the others were filled to the brim withh boring crap they'd never be able to make me care about in a thousand years, like Balbadd's class struggle. Just let the country rot and move on.

Seems like it doesn't have to be either. It's just so much talking and boring shit put together that anything potentially entertaining fails to draw attention back in after it occurs.

Exactly.

Jarmel

Banned
If I remember correctly, the director of that episode Masayuki Miyaji, took so long to finish that episode, it screwed up the production pace of the remaining episodes.

I think that was also the case with Miyaji's Xam'd, remember rumours about that stuff being posted on 2ch.

I mean, can't complain about the results. For me its one of the finest televised anime episodes ever made, everything about it is perfect, but its a shame the visual fidelity isn't as strong in the 2nd half of the show (though when its on point, it's on fucking point), pretty much my only complaint about the series.

Well the thing with E7 is that it can really spike at times. The visual highs are among the best in mecha anime. I do agree that 26 doesn't have some those of 'ohshitohshitohshit' sakuga moments but it's still really well put together. Some of the shots in particular, such as The Swan(Ray and Charles ship) is in the clouds among the other Federation ships, are quite beautiful. One thing the show does exceptionally well is with the camera angles and the episode does have a few of those moments such as when Charles is chasing the Nirvash.

Xam'd also had some really fantastic visual stuff at times too. Hell the opening episode had a huge chunk of sakuga right from the getgo. Episode 14 was another stand out episode in that regards. It really is a shame that the only remarkable thing about Xam'd was the visuals and a few of the side-characters.

Narag

The worst part is that the show has potential. The action-filled episodes 10 and 13 were pretty cool. But all the others were filled to the brim withh boring crap they'd never be able to make me care about in a thousand years, like Balbadd's class struggle. Just let the country rot and move on.

Exactly.

Pacing in the eps is just .. wtf. Also the show needs more Sinbad. Dude is super charismatic and isn't doing shit yet thanks to the bullshit depowering.

CorvoSol

This really does me make sad. E7 had a truly phenomenal soundtrack, possibly my favorite of all time.

Well this should be entertaining...

I thought it was a good episode, but episode 24 had me BAWLING man. Freaking, they managed to get away with an awkward phrase like "this is how your father smells" because the entire scene was otherwise emotionally charged with Renton finally having a father again, and then when Renton is leaving and Ray is crying, man, when Ray starts crying its just so emotional.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Okay guys. I'm not gonna lie but that picture is getting overused. It loses its strength. Let's use something else, yeah?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom