• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -5| This is stupid, kayos90 sucks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I'm now starting another Gundam series. I'd just finished Turn A and that's definately my favourite so far. So I thought why not go watch Gundam AGE, that's a good idea...right.

Gundam AGE 1-2 or "Haseru haseru haseru all the way home!"

Flit is a cliché protagonist who is obsessed with Gundam which he believes will save the world from something...or other, I'm not exactly sure what exactly even after watching two episodes. He seems to boast a lot about what he plans to do with his new toy, which is unlike any other Gundam protagonist so far, who just seem to chance upon a Gundam in some way and then things snowball from there. Flit seems very egotistical.

Now onto the mobile suits which should be the most important part of the show. Now the Gundam is a very safe design, it doesn't take any risks and looks very plain. It also has the most overpowered ability of any Gundam, although Turn A comes pretty close. The AGE Builder will literally make anything if the Gundam deems it necessary for it to have because...biology? Sure, I'll take their word for it. Other mobile suits look odd and make bleepy noises when they light up.

Emily is the annoying love interest of this series, she really seems attached to Flit for some reason. She really annoys me, far more than any other of those type of Gundam characters. I'm wondering how bad she'll get later on. There's also Yurin, who seems to have
Newtype Magic™
, Flit trusts her...because
Newtypes
. I bet she'll be important later on.

So far...I'm not rating this just yet.

Magic Labyrinth of Magic 15
tumblr_mgxsn0bXfK1ripz58o7_250.gif
tumblr_mgxsn0bXfK1ripz58o8_250.gif

As usual bringing up the rear on this but, well it is the crunchyroll airing etc. Anyway pretty awesome episode for Cassim enthusiasts. Kind of torn with his personality and design and how he deals with Alibaba. Always found his relationship with Alibaba a bit more intimate than with Aladdin though of sometimes seemingly impure motives, just dont know what Cassim is after anymore.
worst yet hope what he did he doesnt die this episode, was too intense

Does that mean that Judar is just plain bad, hes my favorite magi but the dude explaining the black rukh make it sound awful

zeroshiki

s2>s1. Not enough kugiloli punching in s1.

S2 took everything that was bad from S1 and doubled it. They increased Index's screen time, they had more shitty church shit, they expanded the harem. The whole thing barely made any sense as it was and they introduced even more convoluted stuff into it.

dumbyugi

Da Capo III 3

I really like Da Capo so I'm going to keep watching, but this was a really shitty episode. Sakura's an important character and all but they didn't need to have the whole episode be just her playing and chasing after Utamaru. A few visual hints as to why she's important is nice, but also not needed. Anyone who is watching this has probably already seen at least one of the other Da Capo series or played one of the games, so they already know about Sakura. I was hoping that no one but the MC could see Sakura and that someone would see him running around and talking to himself, but nope.

GINTAMA 214

The 4 diva arc was really the best way they could have taken to restart gintama in a serious mode.

You all were right.
This arc delivered the best way possible.
i'm not the kind of guy that makes lenghty summaries or stick to a particular scene ... it's just that gintama really did something great..
It was flashy ..it was tense it was freaking well animated . it had a very good ending.

In short it had everything i could have hoped for.

Gintama%20-%20214.jpg

What an awesome way to finish this arc.

VERDICT ( Episode ) : EXCELLENT
VERDICT ( Arc ) : AWESOME

Code: Breaker Episode 7

The plot twists just get more and more nonsensical and it's amazing. In particular, the
sudden hypocrisy of literally everything Sakura Sakurakouji's done (or hasn't done, to be honest) in light of the fact she has no qualms with the fact her dad is the leader of the largest yakuza organization in Japan is just wow. I almost want to call it character assassination were I not enjoying it so much.
The Lost forms are absolutely ridiculous, too. I'm honestly hoping we get to see more of them. Really, this show just keeps getting more and more over the top. And as usual, the fight scenes and effects were quite good. I feel like I shouldn't be enjoying this as much as I am.

Being Yakuza doesn't mean you kill, and that's really all Sakura cares about.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Kotoura-san ep 3
Oh hey, no shock value for this week. That's alright.

Really?! You didn't think the last act of the episode was hilarious?!

GINTAMA 214

The 4 diva arc was really the best way they could have taken to restart gintama in a serious mode.

You all were right.
This arc delivered the best way possible.
i'm not the kind of guy that makes lenghty summaries or stick a a particular scene ... it's just that gintama really did something great..
It was flashy ..it was tense it was freaking well animated . it had a very good ending.

In short it had everything i could have hoped for.

VERDICT ( Episode ) : EXCELLENT
VERDICT ( Arc ) : AWESOME

The tag at the end of the episode when the
father and daughter
are reunited makes me weep every time. If they were able to scale it up a lot more, Four Devas would probably be the best Gintama arc of the series.

I guess I"m the last one to make the top 10 list? Meh. Anyway, I didn't have a top 10. Sorry. I did have a top 5!
i made a very unifinished list that i need to update soon ... thanks for the reminder.

So I'm now starting another Gundam series. I'd just finished Turn A and that's definately my favourite so far. So I thought why not go watch Gundam AGE, that's a good idea...right.

Gundam AGE 1-2 or "Haseru haseru haseru all the way home!"

Another soul to start G.age . i hope you have a good medication and a high resistance to dumbness

Jarmel

Banned
BONES did an episode in that show with some of their best animators in it. Even Nakamura had an action scene in that ep. Lol.

I was actually more concerned about the story and characters but atleast I know there is one episode with good action in it.

jgminto

Kotoura-san 3

Ugh, I'd rather they just stick to the light comedy. I love dark stories but if you're going to do it so poorly it just becomes ridiculous. I just find myself rolling my eyes whenever the dead eyes come out. I feel like I can already see where this is going and I'm not really expecting much from the plot. I'll stick with it because the characters can be fun and the ridiculous drama should decrease as the show continues, punctuated by a few spikes along the way. But with this show's erratic tone, I could be totally off about that.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Tamako Market 03
Oh. So this is the episode where KyoAni's show finally strikes me in a major way and I wind up loving it. What a familiar turn of events. This series has an amazing knack for handling its characters in a subtle way while maintaining what it is that makes each unique. Except for the bird I guess...there's not really much subtle about him but when his primary job is to be a catalyst I guess it's hard to care.

This is something that we'll have to wait and see about. I plan to watch the whole thing. I've gotten through SAO, I can watch anything!

Ah ah ah ..the youngsters that doesn't how how dreadfull G.Age is ..

Sao is smalltime....i can provide reasons to watch Sao.

i can't provide reasons to watch G.Age...

Despite what everyone says ..SAo had an appeal to an audience. It's possible by a normal being to enjoy SAO.

Think about it ...only DTL enjoyed G.Age here .
Well you've been warned... enjoy G.Age.. but do make a post when you'll drop the serie..i wonder how many episodes you'll last.

Hello, might I have a moment of your time? Have you heard the good word about Eiken today?

What are you trying to do narag ? do you have a secret agenda of showing eiken to the world ?

Saint Seiya Omega 41

Really thrilling episode there especially the big moments and last few minutes.
Haruto proved his worth and in such an epic manner, that scream even. Way excited to return to Kouga!

Dead

well not really...yet
I was actually more concerned about the story and characters but atleast I know there is one episode with good action in it.
The story is total nonsense as usual with Tomino, but the cast is likeable. The visual design is aces, Kenichi Yoshida characters and very unique mechs.

Its worth a watch

GINTAMA 215
Was this meeting the start of a very dangerous relationship ?
did they kick everyone else asses ?
am i excited for the rest ?

I answered "yes" for all the above.

The "genesis" console easier to find than a nintendo DS ? wait what ?

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
The iDOLM@STER - 06

Entertaining episode. Producer-san was seriously working his ass off to try and get the girls some gigs. Pretty interesting to see the other idols go "Oh wow, I really need to step my shit up" when they watched their friends perform live. In
Miki's case
it was a much needed reality check.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
The iDOLM@STER - 06

Entertaining episode. Producer-san was seriously working his ass off to try and get the girls some gigs. Pretty interesting to see the other idols go "Oh wow, I really need to step my shit up" when they watched their friends perform live. In
Miki's case
it was a much needed reality check.

Yeah! Keep going!

Theonik

Ah ah ah ..the youngsters that doesn't how how dreadfull G.Age is ..

Sao is smalltime....i can provide reasons to watch Sao.

i can't provide reasons to watch G.Age...

Despite what everyone says ..SAo had an appeal to an audience. It's possible by a normal being to enjoy SAO.

Think about it ...only DTL enjoyed G.Age here .
Well you've been warned... enjoy SAO.. but do make a post when you'll drop the serie..i wonder how many episodes you'll last.
iNFvlcDoo744q.jpg

K-ON!! 17

Yui's lyrical turnaround was simply remarkable. Her first lyrics were sub-kindergarten level lyrics. Seriously. It was a song about rice. "Rice as a Side Dish". Damn. And then she writes those lyrics about Ui, which were totally dawwwwwwwww. Mio better step her game up.

It's always tea with Mugi. Coffee > Tea. When will she learn? Now her tea cost them rehearsal at a rental studio, which they were using cause their home, the music room, was taken away. I remember when I was 9 years old I was without a home. I had to survive by eating rats and cooking them with a discarded cigarette lighter, and had to stay warm by using a crawl space outside a local restaurant. That was a hellish 47 minutes before I decided to go home and serve my day-long grounding for dragging a shovel across the kitchen tile.
I still want to hear the song Mio wrote about penguins.
Excellent... Did Chet already finish this?
No. Still have the last half to go.
K-ON!! 18

Has to be one of Chet's favorites.

Mio has been honorably voted by her class to play Romeo in an upcoming performance of "Romeo and Juliet". Only problem is, she has stage fright and performance anxiety and just about everything in between. Nice choice dumbasses. Democracy doesn't work in a classroom setting. Kids don't give a fuck. And Ritsu has been selected to play Romeo.

Rehearsing later, they decide to play their roles as if they were each other, since each other seems much better for their roles. This begs the question as to why they didn't just switch roles to begin with, but I guess the people have spoken.

Then they try to help Mio by having everybody work as a waitress in a cafe of someone in Mugi's family. They all wear maid outfits, which is what I think the scene was setting up to begin with. Mio gets better, but there's still work to be done.

Will Mio kiss Ritsu in the pla? Since Chet Rippo and SDBurton haven't yet attained nirvana and because I haven't seen a gif of it fifty thousand times, I'm going to guess no.
Oh, it is definitely one of my favorites. Probably my all time favorite too, along with the next episode.
The whole reason they have their roles basically reversed is for them to step outside their comfort zone. And I'm sure Mugi made sure Ritsu and Mio got the leading roles. hehehe
QRwVO.gif

I don't think SDBurton has seen season 2 yet, but these episodes are right up his alley.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom