• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -5| This is stupid, kayos90 sucks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

duckroll

Psycho-Pass - Episode 14

S4iv2FL.jpg

Pretty solid episode as far as Psycho-Pass goes. Things are getting exciting, the plot is moving pretty quickly. Not much to complain about. It's not even that ugly this week, even though it still doesn't look as good as it should consider how high profile the show is supposed to be. I liked the music direction this week - some pretty great use of existing tunes on the soundtrack. It fit pretty well. I think now that the grand scheme is in motion, the series is likely not going to be episodic anymore, aside from possibly more flashback episodes to fill in more some gaps as we go along.

New OP:

I love the direction and the use of colors in the OP. Furthermore, it's really nice that Shiotani seems to have planned it as a sort of continuation of the first OP. There are similarities in the art style, as well as the dynamics between the characters visualized in the OP. In the first OP it visualized Akane's doubts about Kogami and how he was a force which was in the way of her career, but here it shows that the team has more or less decided to stand together, but there are questions about whether Kogami is going to be left behind, and how Makishima is the force which stands between Akane and Kogami. Really nice stuff.

New ED:

I actually like this ED quite a bit. There's a nice amount of depth in the character artwork, mostly because of the way it is shaded, and the theme of reflections and the bending of light is a nice metaphor for how perception is being challenged in the story. I've noticed that both the OP and the ED also feature glimpses of the Rubik's Cube that the chief was playing with in the previous episode. I wonder if that's a hint...

Vividred Operation 3

This episode's pacing was all sorts of fucked in the last few minutes. It didn't stop it from being massively entertaining, and not to mention the best girl has now been introduced.

Yah, for what it is...I am thoroughly enjoying this Loli cheese fest. I can't stop watching it! :V

Jarmel

Banned
I thought it was a good episode, but episode 24 had me BAWLING man. Freaking, they managed to get away with an awkward phrase like "this is how your father smells" because the entire scene was otherwise emotionally charged with Renton finally having a father again, and then when Renton is leaving and Ray is crying, man, when Ray starts crying its just so emotional.

Please go watch episode 27 instead of being in this thread. It's only fitting you see the conclusion of the arc. I would really mark 27 as the end of the first half instead of 26.

Dead

well not really...yet
I thought it was a good episode, but episode 24 had me BAWLING man. Freaking, they managed to get away with an awkward phrase like "this is how your father smells" because the entire scene was otherwise emotionally charged with Renton finally having a father again, and then when Renton is leaving and Ray is crying, man, when Ray starts crying its just so emotional.
you need to watch 27 and 28 like...now

Jarmel

Banned
So did anyone watch Psycho-Pass this week

Edit: oh duckroll did

I did as well, just got caught up talking about E7.

Anyway the new OP in PP is fabulous. There is some great usage in colors to create very sharp contrasts. It's a much more vibrant OP compared to the first and I think I like it a bit more due to the coloring. The storyboarding itself is also a big standout, I'm guessing that Shiotani himself did the storyboarding as it's very reminiscent of the third Blood+ OP. There's also some great imagery and probably foreshadowing as well. It really is a great OP and has awesome music to go along with it.

As for the episode itself, Psycho-Pass seems to have found its groove. It took awhile but it definitely has a flow now and there seems to be a clear direction writing-wise.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Zetsuen no Tempest 15

lmao at Mahiro getting called out on his sister complex.

Besides, wut. This show is going in such a weird direction, haha.
Please don't tell me the Tree killed Aika because Hakaze loves Yoshino. That'd be... Man, it totally is this, isn't it?

ZetaEpyon

PSYCHO-PASS 14
That was actually pretty unsettling.

Also, I guess the previous op video must have just been something they slapped together because this one wasn't done yet, eh?

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Zetsuen no Tempest 15

Please don't tell me the Tree killed Aika because Hakaze loves Yoshino. That'd be... Man, it totally is this, isn't it?

Yay! You're one of the few people watching Tempest!

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
One Piece's "We Fight Together" is just ;')

This show has the best OPs.

I'm actually enjoying it. I don't care about Mahiro at all, but I like Yoshino and Hakaze.

Besides, I've already come this far!

Jarmel

Banned

I'm sure there are still a number of people watching it.

Unfortunately I can already tell the show is going downhill the moment I saw the new OP with that mecha guy randomly thrown in there. Sigh. Anyway I suppose I'll finish it out as I'm already this far.

kayos90

Speaking of PP, I really can't see PP as a character driven or even a character focused story honestly. While we were talking about how awesome it was that PP was a 2-cour show before it aired i think it would've benefited from being a 1 cour show. Maybe it's just me...

duckroll

I wonder when Shiotani is going to storyboard or direct an episode of Psycho-Pass himself again. I think a large part of what makes the show feel so pedestrian is the underwhelming direction the unit directors/storyboarders bring to the show.

kayos90

Despite people hating Zetsuen I actually always enjoyed Yoshino as a character. Hakaze is a bit meh but she's voiced by Sawashiro so I'm enjoying it.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
WOW.. those girls look pretty lovely... But I don't wanna watch this, I don't wanna! ><

Oh man you should Extollere! Give it a chance!

================

The iDOLM@STER - 05

9YYEJwi.png

Oneeeeeeeee-sannnnnnns! <3

Beach episode was awesome episode. I would post screenshots of Miki being awesome, but I'm sure that's been done already. Looking forward to what Ritsuko's project is. Hype!

Toriko 88 (funiHulu)
tumblr_mgwen0oapO1r3c9yto1_500.jpg

While Concentration isnt as exciting and intense as Cardfight!! Vanguard, the game is still somehwat interesting. Loved their Toriko Komatsu inspirational moment and just the game itself.
Livebearing has to cheat or something since coco is reading the future, it just has to happen I bet

This is terrible?
gundam_age__gundam_titus_by_tristtrist-d4hlf7u.gif

Hell yes !

It's terrible. The whole premise leading to this gif is terrible .. this gundam design is so terrible it won't be used afterward ( or only as a decoy ) and the actual morale of the show upon this very episode horrible!

Yes gundam Age is terrible.
The reasons to watch this garbage is because you want to know just how low this show will sink or if you're a gundam fan. And as a gundam fan you won't forgive all the missteps the show does , in term of narrative, battle , character and music .

It does have high production values but with terrible designs , there is only so much you can do .

Jarmel

Banned
Speaking of PP, I really can't see PP as a character driven or even a character focused story honestly. While we were talking about how awesome it was that PP was a 2-cour show before it aired i think it would've benefited from being a 1 cour show. Maybe it's just me...

Quite honestly, it feels like the story was probably written as a 1 cour then they found out later that it was going to be 2 cour and were in a hurry to figure out what to do with the rest of the episodes.

I wonder when Shiotani is going to storyboard or direct an episode of Psycho-Pass himself again. I think a large part of what makes the show feel so pedestrian is the underwhelming direction the unit directors/storyboarders bring to the show.

It might be the inexperience on the part of Shiotani in that he seemingly hasn't taken much control.

Unfortunately I can already tell the show is going downhill the moment I saw the new OP with that mecha guy randomly thrown in there. Sigh. Anyway I suppose I'll finish it out as I'm already this far.

This is probably the best part of the OP. What the hell could they be doing to explain that!
We'll find out next week.

duckroll

It might be the inexperience on the part of Shiotani in that he seemingly hasn't taken much control.

Or maybe it's just how the culture is in Production IG these days. This seems to be the sort of show they like to put out - something which isn't particularly too different or unique, but meeting the bare minimum of quality standards for a decent looking TV production.

Defuser

Psycho Pass ep 14
Oh hey, Makishima can actually kick ass so he not just a plot scheming pretty boy. Looks like with the helmet devices coming into the picture and judging by that revolver in the OP, conventional weapons will be the solution in handling those helmets and maybe Makishima himself.

kayos90

Psycho Pass ep 14
Oh hey, Makishima can actually kick ass so he not just a plot scheming pretty boy. Looks like with the helmet devices coming into the picture and judging by that revolver in the OP, conventional weapons will be the solution in handling those helmets and maybe Makishima himself.

Bring out dem shotguns brah!

Kagami

Welp I think I'm settled in for the season now.
Ended up like this:

Watching
Vividred Operation
Haganai NEXT
Kotoura-san
Tamako Market
AKB0048 next stage
Yama no Susume / Encouragement of Climb

Dropped
Ai Mai Mi (3)
Love Live (3)
Mangirl! (3)
Da Capo III (3)
Amnesia (3)
Senran Kagura (3)
Boku-no-imoutowa"Osaka-okan" (1)
GJ-bu (1)
Oreshura (1)
Sen'yuu. (1)
Sasami-san@Ganbaranai (1)

On hold till some day when I've seen the previous seasons
Minami-ke Tadaima
THE UNLIMITED Hyoubu Kyousuke

Passed on
everything else

wonzo

Banned
Zetsuen no Tempest 15

lol.
it's even dumber

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom