• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -5| This is stupid, kayos90 sucks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kotoura 3

Zx7mIIP.jpg

Seriously, how the hell does a 4koma have such good despair eyes?

Every time you can feel the drama coming is like a kick in the balls. Only 3 episodes in and we've already hit a big, depressing roadblock.

Before this show aired, I never thought this would be the "can't wait until next week" series of the season.

Syrinx

I still want to hear the song Mio wrote about penguins.

Azu-nyan's song about Ton-chan is good enough. Why didn't they just tell her to edit those lyrics so it wasn't obvious she was talking about a Ton-chan the turtle? They were pretty good and pretty close to what they were going for.

cajunator

Banned
Kotoura 3

Seriously, how the hell does a 4koma have such good despair eyes?

Every time you can feel the drama coming is like a kick in the balls. Only 3 episodes in and we've already hit a big, depressing roadblock.

Before this show aired, I never thought this would be the "can't wait until next week" series of the season.

This show took me completely by surprise.
Not sure how I missed it in the first place.

Don't forget the all-important Ro-Mio pun!
Well yeah. Though I figured everyone would have gotten that.
Azu-nyan's song about Ton-chan is good enough. Why didn't they just tell her to edit those lyrics so it wasn't obvious she was talking about a Ton-chan the turtle? They were pretty good and pretty close to what they were going for.

Because nothing will stand in her way of her love for Ton-chan.
It's all a set up for Yui to write a cute song about Ui.

Pooya

Tamako Market - 3

This show still has a somewhat weird mood, in a good way somewhat, it's pretty fun and super cute but I'm not sure what it's going to be about yet, girls friendship? drama, love story? fiction? what about the market district? I thought that would have a more prominent role in the story but so far it hasn't been anything more than a background, not important, neither is mochi cooking.

Not sure how I feel about all of that so far and what the focus is, I don't hate it or love it, still has a good feel about it and I like the characters.

I notice there is too much depth of field blur effects being used, I like it actually, looks good, somewhat film like at times.

Articalys

Vividred Operation 3

This episode's pacing was all sorts of fucked in the last few minutes. It didn't stop it from being massively entertaining, and not to mention the best girl has now been introduced.
Pretty much. I understand that they've only got one cour to work with and want to get all the character/fusion introductions out of the way ASAP, but holy fuck the end of this episode was moving at lighting speed. Best joke I've seen so far is "Akane docks on the first date."

Still, if this means they've got something interesting planned for episode 5 onwards once the team is complete instead of monster-of-the-week stuff, then it's all good.

Hakkenden 3
tumblr_mgzf2niPU11reyvmjo1_400.gif
tumblr_mgzf2niPU11reyvmjo3_400.gif

Really good episode with good moments throughout. Shino Sousuke are really good bros, and even with some Kobu action thrown in. I thought it had many compelling moments. Really do want to know more of the history though. Shino action moments are always great.

The Eiji Nizuma screech at the screen made me chuckle.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
The iDOLM@STER - 07

Character redemption episode for Yayoi and Iori. Yayoi's laugh or whatever you want to call it is still annoying, but getting to see more of her backstory and her reason for being an idol makes me respect her a bit more. In Iori's case it was just nice seeing her act mature for once and going out of her way to help others. Major kudos.

jbug617

Banned
Kotoura-San 3

It seems like every episode so far you just have to wait for the unexpected twist. Really enjoying watching the show and see how far they try to push this.

Still think it would of been good if it was a revenge show though.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
Of course you did silly.

I didn't and this was acknoweledged by the true poster of that picture himself. I don't know how you got the posts mixed (maybe a multiquote mistake) But I am positive: this picture wasn't posted by me. If you go back 1 or two pages, you'll see that Zach posted it ;)

here and here for proofs.

Ginga e Kickoff!! - 31~33

That was a nice match, Reika-chan MVP of the match.
Where do I sign to enter the Reika-chan fan club?
My team would be leagues better with a player like Reika-chan.
Reika-chan will carry then hard in the next Cup.
Reika-chan, Reika-chan, Reika-chan, Reika-chan, Reika-chan, Reika-chan!

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
I didn't and this was acknoweledged by the true poster of that picture himself. I don't know how you got the posts mixed (maybe a multiquote mistake) But I am positive: this picture wasn't posted by me. If you go back 1 or two pages, you'll see that Zach posted it ;)

here and here for proofs.

It's linked to you forever. It can not be undone!

Syrinx

Darker Than Black 24

So the old man is done. It was pretty bittersweet watching Yin give him a hug as they were parting ways. And Mao is gone now as well. It's basically down to Hei, Yin, and Amber. There has to be some sort of cathartic scene between Hei and Amber about what happened at Heaven's Gate. The doctor's revelation that BK-201 was actually assigned to a female at the time of the Heaven's Gate incident kinda stirs the pot a bit. I wonder if Hei's sister is the real BK-201 and is the one responsible for Heaven's Gate.

So Kirihara was being groomed to work for Pandora this whole time. Not sure how I feel about that revelation. It was obvious that Pandora was way more than their official title, but basically serving as some sort of anti-Contractor defense force and giant information hub (struggling to find the word I'm looking for)...seems iffy. I hope she tells them to go fuck themselves. I've come to like Kirihara too much for something like that to happen.

JCG

The creators of Blood-C knew exactly what they were doing from the moment it started.

Starting from about three episodes before the end of season 1, the writers of Code Geass decided that if Sunrise was gonna make them write another season, they may as well go balls out all the time.

The Code Geass creators did not have the whole show planned out in detail, but I don't think they were any less deliberate and self-aware about the nature of what they were making.

Good and bad...those labels are both independently true. I've said it before, but the show is very much trying to be entertaining, period, and combines both the best and worst qualities of anime.

It's the sort of production that can only be made by people who are simultaneously talented and not taking their jobs very seriously, but not expecting the audience to do so either.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Kotoura 3

Because of all the drama, I think I understand the housewife who watches daytime soaps now. As long as they keep upping the ante, I want to see what the show can bring the following week in terms of batshit insane storylines. Maybe it turns out that the two leads are related and there will be some incest angst to throw into the mix. lol
----

Gintama 259

Well, you guys weren't kidding (well, for the posts I managed to read anyway. :p)

Holy
AW6YRgTl.jpg

Fucking
1u1jMMHl.jpg

Shit
uKTuQZDl.jpg

I have no doubt that these glamour shots are probably ripped straight out of the manga, but I don't really care. Gintama constantly earns these moments that I would just scoff at in any other context. Even the fucking info dump in the middle act of the episode is earned because it's something that's been teased over and over again for - well, for normal people - years.

Gintama is action done right, where the action beats are work in spite of the fact that the show clearly doesn't have the proper budget to sustain a 10 minute long action sequence, precisely because they've taken the time to build to the action scenes with 40 minutes of great character development.

The fact that they can get away with a 5 minute info dump after this great action sequence is a testament to how great Gintoki is as a character. Yes, he's a cipher who is mostly empty for a majority of the series, but the small glimpses into his history come at the right moment. Of course, it's all in service of all the cliches and tropes that he embodies, but I don't care because it's just done so well.

And of course, the infodump is just a microcosm of how the show constantly sets up action - it's all in service of what is sure to be an outstanding climax next week. I swear, Gintama is probably as predictable as any bad syfy show that I hate, yet it's done so well that in the moment I'm just enjoying myself too much to care.

I think a great bonus that comes with the infodump is that, as a Gintoki x Tsuki fanboy (I don't even care anymore, I'm shipping and I feel fine), you have the moment where Tsuki is suddenly able to understand why Gintoki was able to help her during the Red Spider arc. I mean, at this point, the relationship is basically canon right? Oh, I'm sure because it's a shounen and Tsuki is the most hated female character by women ever (because they can't admit the truth), it'll never actually happen in the show and Gintoki will remain forever sexless, but everyone knows the truth. lol

On a related note, Tsuki and Yoshiwara arcs are really the best things to come out of the series:
Uw6IusTl.jpg

It feels like they have to remind people that the other female characters exist, but really, it's not much of a competition. Heck, does anyone even remember that glasses as an older sister? lol
The bonus to these arcs is that they constantly espouse a feminist message and takes the whole "hooker with the heart of gold" cliche and turns it on its head and makes it something that you can't really mock.

hT2HLP1l.jpg

Always. Until next week.

Chronoexe

The iDOLM@STER - 07

Character redemption episode for Yayoi and Iori. Yayoi's laugh or whatever you want to call it is still annoying, but getting to see more of her backstory and her reason for being an idol makes me respect her a bit more. In Iori's case it was just nice seeing her act mature for once and going out of her way to help others. Major kudos.

Finally someone who doesn't hate Yayoi

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
The iDOLM@STER - 08

Ims-8-1.png

Beauty. Elegance. Perfection. Azusa.

Azusa is definitely in my top 3 without a doubt. She is simply a beautiful person inside and out and this episode did a wonderful job displaying that.

And wow, Makoto went fucking hero status in this episode. Fighting off those agents while looking absolutely dashing in that tux. Swoooooon!

Finally someone who doesn't hate Yayoi

She really isn't that bad. It's just her laugh and her silliness in the earlier episode that gave her a bad rep. She's a hard worker and values family above all else, so she definitely earns points in my book.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
The iDOLM@STER - 07

There is no redemption for these characters...

The iDOLM@STER - 08

Azusa is definitely in my top 3 without a doubt. She is simply beautiful person inside and out and this episode did a wonderful job displaying that.

And wow, Makoto went fucking hero status in this episode. Fighting off those agents while looking absolutely dashing in that tux. Swoooooon!

Welcome. WELCOME!!

zeroshiki

firebro, watch Biblia Koshodou no Jiken Techou (very roughly translated as Case Notebook of Old Bookstore Biblia). Its based on a light novel that's serious business about solving cases using books! Its pretty much grown up Book Girl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom