• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -5| This is stupid, kayos90 sucks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
I think I watched an episode of it when I was first trying to get back into animu. I don't know why, but I chose to watch Code Geass instead. Go figure.

It's too late now though. lol
You should actually find time for both.
Gurren Lagann will make your face explode.
Normally that is a bit painful but in this case its AWESOME.

Taruranto

Darker Than Black 25

So this was, for all intents and purposes, the end. I was worried that I'd be disappointed in it. I think I'm generally pleased, though that's not to say I don't have my complaints about it.

I suppose my biggest complaint is that it really went for the "good ending" thing that required some contrivances along the way. The reveal that Hei fused with his sister at Heaven's Gate...is actually not really one of them. It explains why he toes the line between human and contractor that nobody else seems to. It explains how he's held responsible for the Heaven's Gate incident. I guess my only issue are the contrived physics of it all, though I suppose this series has always been light on accurate physics.

I enjoyed the scene where Hei basically encountered everybody he's met along the way. The albeit brief conversation with his sister was a good cathartic moment. Though like I said, it results in a sort of "have your cake and eat it too" ending where everybody gets to live (well, not everybody. The old guy is still dead. Mao's still dead. And Amber used the last of her energy to turn back time enough for Hei to execute the proper plan).

As for Pandora and the Syndicate, Kirihara exposed them, and now the director is in jail. I think this sequence resulted in Kirihara becoming my favorite character in the series. Though I'm not sure how she managed to sneak in a recording device when they basically combed her for everything. I may have overlooked something.

So the "good" ending isn't necessarily good. The contractors and humans are still fighting and there's still chaos. But Hei, Yin, Kirihara, etc. all get to live on. What lies in store for Hei is unclear, but he'll be fine.

I really like DtB. I kinda wished BONES did a S2, though knowing them and following the current trend, i would be some confusing forced moeshit, i guess.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
SuOtZIQ.jpg
This needs to be in the next thread title.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.

Depends on who is making the next thread. If I were to make it I'm going with "_____ is life. _____ is hometown" title. Blanks are anime and ntr depending on the more popular order.

Or to keep it with that image "Your favourite anime is beyond lewd".

This is the season of lewd and the title should reflect that.

just like the current one teehee

I'm liking what I'm seeing in these Gintama impressions, but man, the early episodes are nothing but mostly bad humor. Really hard to get into the series.

Gintama is a real slow burn but once you get to that episode , it's mostly only good stuff.

Give it a try everyone .. gintama is awesome.

wonzo

Banned
BAKUMATSU GIJINDEN ROMAN 1-3

ib0RqGa96I4Sr7.gif

From the makers of the timeless classic Musashi Gundoh comes a new series! Well, it's like you'd know it outside of the character designs as this a surprisingly well put together shoe so far. That's not to say it's perfect though as there are times the Gundoh Charm shines through what with some odd bouts of:

• bad, inconsistent art
  • shithouse lazy animation techniques
  • poorly composed scenes
  • questionable direction decisions (the nonsensical slow mo dance scenes complete with combed frames return for one scene)
  • errors in editing such as scenes transitioning far quicker than they should leaving the audience with a still image for a few seconds
  • THE GUNS
  • the at times awkwardly lip synced animation
  • lazy art
  • bad use of effects (the photoshop warp tool makes it's return!)
  • the fucking retarded looking dog (jesus christ someone put sakura out of her misery already)

This show even adds some of it's own charms to the mix with some bad CG use and HANG GLIDERS! Still, neither of these are in any way as frequent an issue as they are in Musashi Gundoh and this one has a pretty charming and entertaining cast of characters going for it so it's still fun to watch. You could definitely do so much worse this season.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Couldn't be worse than the current one.

Robo;Notes 14
The conspiracy stuff is dumb and as the web becomes more intricate it only makes things worse. Everything is stretched thin when it comes to the explanations, and winds up being ridiculous. Without a real villain or even an understandable motive nothing the main cast is fighting against feels genuine. When problems do get solved the show winds up presenting non-answers that throw a handful of new questions in the viewers face.

Frau is essentially waifu bait times 10,000 but I still find myself liking her because almost everything that is working in this series is building her up as a character. The rest of the supporting cast will probably remain in pleb country for eternity, and I really can't see the show adequately wrapping things up with the time remaining.

MCD

I really like DtB. I kinda wished BONES did a S2, though knowing them and following the current trend, i would be some confusing forced moeshit, i guess.

They did you silly.

But still, if you want a REAL season 2, read the manga: Shikkoku no Hana.

I was under the impression that the series was mostly that type of humor. It's not that it wasn't funny (it was, sometimes), but if I can't appreciate the humor of the series then it seems like a waste of a time investment.

Search for Gintama Story arcs and watch those only. Easier for new starters this way IMO.

Gundam AGE Episode 3 or "Well done Flit you beat another mobile suit, we're so proud of you!"

I have no idea why they make such a big deal about Flit beating a mobile suit, or how they gush over the Gundam so much as this 'savior'.

Anyway so bleepy bloopy mobile suit is causing trouble again for some reason. I'd love to know why, can I hear what the bad guy wants to say?

The episode ends with a guy waking up. That is all.

Gundam AGE Episode 3 or "Well done Flit you beat another mobile suit, we're so proud of you!"

I have no idea why they make such a big deal about Flit beating a mobile suit, or how they gush over the Gundam so much as this 'savior'.

Anyway so bleepy bloopy mobile suit is causing trouble again for some reason. I'd love to know why, can I hear what the bad guy wants to say?

The episode ends with a guy waking up. That is all.

Don't bother with that show Gundam AGE is just bad

Don't bother with that show Gundam AGE is just bad

Let him experience the glory of gundam age ! it's entertaining to see just where he will manage to go before he will stop watching.

It's the new game: " how many episodes of gundam age will you watch before you quit ?"

CorvoSol needed a big break after 26eps.. can he do better ?

OceanBlue

What is there to get?

I'm not feeling the awesomeness. The over-the-top expressions and scenarios so far are entertaining, but I don't really feel like any of it was awesome for some reason.

Maybe I'll start to see what everyone else is saying as I keep watching.

Psycho Pass 14
tumblr_mh6grbkthj1ri19ipo1_r1_500.gif

Wow impressive OP, much better than the version worked with last, though it did ditch all those cool effects in the background going on in that one, I like many of the moments, especially with how they had the words and stuff appear in this one. I preferred the older ED better, does Tsunamori need all that screentime?

Episode wise pretty fun. I had hoped the masked person had been
Tsunamori
would have been truly mind blowing and an awesome twist for the whole series but I guess Im the only one that can think that far outside the box. Shogo needs more screentime, so awesome,cool, and pretty stylish at all times. Imagine if we ever get him and Kogami fighting and stuff.
tumblr_mh5qye05sY1r57f87o1_500.gif

ON sybil system
I wonder why wont the public have an outcry for these type of things. Everyone clearly seeing and watching a person getting beat up in front of their eyes and the drones suggesting to the victim treatment is sought but everyone just standing there. I hope they arent wholly blind to things and put ALL their trust in this system. Seems like reform is needed.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Puchimas 19

No problem here since they would insinuate I don't like lewd thing. But facts are facts and this is the season of lewd and shall be remembered as such.

Better than being remembered as another backlog season.

Gundam AGE Episode 4 or "Emily's Dastardly Plan!"

So Emily, being the kind, loving friend that she is wants Flit to lose his Gundam because he's acting like a soldier and that's a bad thing. So by making Woolf (That guy woke up last time) win she can be happy!

All of that goes to plan until they're in life threatning danger! Gasp!

Emily almost killed two people this episode. That's almost as much as how many Flit's killed so far. Think about that.

Grodek may have found out who the bad guys are. Well it's about time!

Blast of Tempest 15
tumblr_mh5iugzWt61ri2kwbo3_500.png
tumblr_mh5iugzWt61ri2kwbo4_500.png

Mahiro is just amazing best lines, personality, etc, though terrible that Hanemura treats him so badly, but she was right they kind of make a good duo...still would rather have more Yoshino/Mahiro antics. They really need to meet up as its just been so long. For Yoshino that was a really good description of him from Hakaze.

I do enjoy how we can have such intense and world redefining things happening and yet have comedy (that scene with Mahiro and Salmon-dono shopping for underwear) and even friendship/love antics taking place.. Still just as good as first half and am wholly ready to see where this goes further.

GINTAMA 217 (216 included )
Gintama%20-%20217.jpg

that's not how vacations works !

216 was a very stupid filler with nothing noteworthy in it.

217 was a very funny filler with stupid gags.
I think this is the first shogun episode i've enjoyed so .

I guess this was a recipe for disaster , then ?

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Why didn't anyone help her? Jesus christ this show.
That was the whole point of the plot. Everyone has gotten so used to the system telling them what is good or bad that when a crime is committed in front of them they let the system tell them how to react. System said it wasn't a crime so everyone went on their way/assumed it was a little play being put on.

I guess I"m the last one to make the top 10 list? Meh. Anyway, I didn't have a top 10. Sorry. I did have a top 5!
Well this was a much need reminded that there is still time to vote since I looked at my list and realised I forgot to include Humanity has Declined. OH NO! Now I have to work out what to remove and where to place it. Now it's going to be seen as a tactical vote and I didn't want that.

Watching SAO? I agree!
The problem here is that people know you're not joking.

Syrinx

I enjoyed it as well. I think I would have gotten more out of it if I hadn't watched it as sporadically as I did. Much of the last five or ten episodes involved me worrying if I somehow missed some crucial detail(I probably did miss some things), but the ending did mostly alleviate those worries.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Drinking that shit coffee again... They better address this!!
By drinking tea?

Look at this guy.
What do you expect? He's a tea-aboo.

Gintama 259

Oh, I'm sure because it's a shounen and Tsuki is the most hated female character by women ever (because they can't admit the truth), it'll never actually happen in the show and Gintoki will remain forever sexless, but everyone knows the truth. lol
But that's part of his appeal. When he's not being a badass he's this hopeless desperate loser along with the rest of the cast.

I thought you hated them. Or was that someone else....
Yourself?

GINTAMA 218

Very good episode.
This was a prime example of tactics in the gintama universe.

While very good this episode was unfortunatly inférior to the "nabe" version they did in episode 25 , years ago.

the " hey staff did you spent all the money on the 4 deva arcs?" was kinda nice.

Gintama%20-%20218.jpg

Out of context sentence.

VERDICT : EXCELLENT

Kagami

Serious question (for anybody). Is Strike Witches actually worth watching? I'm a fan of Humikane's design work, but I can't stand episodic or underdeveloped plots...
I love it, but it is an episodic character show, so if you don't like episodic TV then probably not.
If you don't like episodic shows at all, I'd also avoid Haganai that you were asking about, as well as IdolM@ster in case you were getting tempted by that discussion.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Look at all this Gintama ep 259 impressions. It is that fucking good. To the people who never watch Gintama, do yourself a favour and watch it if you want epic fights, heartwarming cheese and lots of comedy. With over 200 episodes it might be scary but it can done easily, just watch 1 or 2 episode per day. You will not regret it and at the end you will enjoy it.
With this many episodes I hardly ever find myself commenting on the show because there are only so many ways to say "I liked it because it's more Gintama".

But this episode really was so good I just had to say something. The lack of pictures was because I didn't want to spoil a single frame. It really did hit it out of the ballpark. Also it 100% makes up for the rather disappointing Kintama arc which was only good for the comedic start and end.

While I like Gintama for the humour one can't argue that the action is a nice change once in a while.

I was under the impression that the series was mostly that type of humor. It's not that it wasn't funny (it was, sometimes), but if I can't appreciate the humor of the series then it seems like a waste of a time investment.
The show finds its own stride later on and the jokes are much better. It is up there with the best of the anime comedies. Hey, I'm British, so I know what I'm talking about when it comes to humour.

Fne5kTH.jpg

fertygo

Vivid Red 03

The episode are rather disappointing and as usual too much ass and crotch shot, but man I love the concept <3
Gattai, flashy mahou shoujo and special attack, purrfect..

Haganai 03

Still very fun and enjoyable let hope its not became boring at 2nd half of show again.

Serious question (for anybody). Is Strike Witches actually worth watching? I'm a fan of Humikane's design work, but I can't stand episodic or underdeveloped plots...

Like some have said, you might not like it because it's episodic but it's a damn fun show that doesn't try to hide what it is: A show about pantsless girls who are essentially gender bent versions of veteran pilots in propeller legs fighting aliens in a pseudo-WWII setting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom