• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -5| This is stupid, kayos90 sucks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Robotics;notes - 14

Very good episode. a little bit of suspense ... more information on what the bad guys are capable of doing and more kill-balad

My little hacker-chan shined a lot ..and her characterisation was well done.

I should post an picture from the anime...BUT instead since it's not spoiler material anymore please all have a better version :
(warning this picture will be a spoiler if you haven't seen this episode yet)
Best pairing ever

Robotics;notes - 14

Very good episode. a little bit of suspense ... more information on what the bad guys are capable of doing and more kill-balad

My little hacker-chan shined a lot ..and her characterisation was well done.

I should post an picture from the anime...BUT instead since it's not spoiler material anymore please all have a better version :
(warning this picture will be a spoiler if you haven't seen this episode yet)
Best pairing ever

Was disappointed when it wasnt Subaru and Kai.

JCG

But Blood-C was made with its ending in mind from the very beginning. It's a different kind of show from Code Geass.

Curiously enough, the ending is apparently the only part of R2 they literally had in mind from the very beginning of the entire project. And you can sort of tell.

I don't think that is really a true "change in course" as you're interpreting it, at least not in the sense they would have made something entertaining purely by accident. No, because that was basically the point. The over-the-top and not-completely-serious side of the series is actually right there in the open as a prominent factor shared by both seasons, any other differences aside, and there's no shortage of crazy-yet-fun elements in the original show.

Chronoexe

Gundam AGE Episode 4 or "Emily's Dastardly Plan!"

So Emily, being the kind, loving friend that she is wants Flit to lose his Gundam because he's acting like a soldier and that's a bad thing. So by making Woolf (That guy woke up last time) win she can be happy!

All of that goes to plan until they're in life threatning danger! Gasp!

Emily almost killed two people this episode. That's almost as much as how many Flit's killed so far. Think about that.

Grodek may have found out who the bad guys are. Well it's about time!

So you really going to do this.

Let him experience the glory of gundam age ! it's entertaining to see just where he will manage to go before he will stop watching.

It's the new game: " how many episodes of gundam age will you watch before you quit ?"

CorvoSol needed a big break after 26eps.. can he do better ?

I bet he will survive 29 eps third arc is awful.

But I need more CorvoSol reviews they are hilarious.

I'm liking what I'm seeing in these Gintama impressions, but man, the early episodes are nothing but mostly bad humor. Really hard to get into the series.

It takes a while for the show to hit its stride kind of like most sitcoms. The first 2 episodes are filler and can be skipped completely. The show first hits its stride at episode 25, and the first major "serious" arc starts at 58.

/XX/

i can't provide reasons to watch G.Age...
I'd say this plus Masami Ōbari...

... oh, I should have said earlier that even the one and only Mr. Ōbari was interested in working on KANTAM ROBOT (https://twitter.com/G1_BARI/status/278159348696502272).

I wish Kraker was here so he could talk more in-depth about this, but... hey! At least I can post here links to his sublime investigation work on that legend:

Masami Obari Part 1: An Introduction | The Vanishing Trooper Incident
http://vanishingtrooper.wordpress.com/2012/03/12/masami-obari-part-1-an-introduction/

Masami Obari Part 2: Influences and Style | The Vanishing Trooper Incident
http://vanishingtrooper.wordpress.com/2012/06/16/masami-obari-part-2-influences-and-style/

Masami Obari Part 3a: Obari Style Animators and Legacy | The Vanishing Trooper Incident
http://vanishingtrooper.wordpress.c...ari-part-3a-obari-style-animators-and-legacy/

Masami Obari Part 3b: Obari Style Animators and Legacy | The Vanishing Trooper Incident
http://vanishingtrooper.wordpress.c...ari-part-3b-obari-style-animators-and-legacy/

Masami Obari Part 3c: Obari Style Animators and Legacy | The Vanishing Trooper Incident
http://vanishingtrooper.wordpress.c...ari-part-3c-obari-style-animators-and-legacy/

what does Nonoriri means?
So it's the name of the character. I didn't evn notice >.< I thought it has some other special meaning
And it has! Nono is a name, Nonoriri is an idealization that represents everything to her, a 'Yamato Nadeshiko' of sorts... can't say more! As mentioned, you can discover it when watching Aim for the Top 2! Diebuster on your own.

Shit
uKTuQZDl.jpg

hT2HLP1l.jpg

Always. Until next week.

I THOUGHT THIS WAS A SKIT SHOW

Psycho Pass 14

Great episode. The episodes that actually advance the main plot are are actually all pretty good, so I'm glad it seems that it won't be returning to the ''crime of the week'' format. This episode also looked better than the last couple of episodes, probably because it didn't spend the whole episode in the sewers or some equally dark and drab area. The OP song is really growing on me and I really love the visuals of the OP, especially the use of colors.

Steroyd

Well I mean, can I just start with the real shit?

No!

Even though shit gets realer than real, it still gets intertwined with comedy and pulls it off, it's one of the most impressive things about Gintama as a whole.

Skipping Gintama episodes is even worse than skipping OPs and using the ignore feature.

Nothing wrong with skipping OP's that aren't catchy.

Although you are doing it wrong if you skip JoJo OP's.

Wait, you genuinely expect it to happen in actual canon? o_O

Your pairings have an impossible chance of happening compared to childhood friends.

The odds may be slim but I always have hope.

Lol i haven't checked a faq but i think there is a route like that ..
a "best friends" route it seems.. but i haven't done it myself because i'm not intrested .. and i can assure you that's not the route they are adapting in anime.

Well thats just not good, if only the game could make it to the US.

/XX/

Well I mean, can I just start with the real shit?
Skipping Gintama episodes is even worse than skipping OPs and using the ignore feature.
Haven't seen myself that series... but from what I've heard of the it, doing that skip (and taking into account how charismatic are the characters and all) would loosen the impact that contrast between the humorous and serious moments give, isn't it? I suppose having seen more facets of those same characters makes them more empathic...

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
While everyone agrees for the most part that the first handful of episodes are a bit of a slow burn, they do set up the characters and setting. Jumping straight into the first action arc would make you rather lost.

Also the comedy is the best bit of Gintama. The action is just a refreshing change every once in a while. If you just watched the action parts you wouldn't get the true Gintama experience.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Azumanga Daioh 10

Poor Sakaki, all she wants is to pet a kawaii neko-chan. =/

Also, looking forward to seeing how the addition of Kasuga affects things.

Speaking of Kagura...

jOAnflnnHqTCL.png

Goddamn.

I'd say this plus Masami &#332;bari...

... oh, I should have said earlier that even the one and only Mr. &#332;bari was interested in working on KANTAM ROBOT (https://twitter.com/G1_BARI/status/278159348696502272).
My problem with G.Age is not the animation ..there are some slight peaks were it's well animated ...after all gundam show have the ressources to pull it off.

The problem is that a well animated scene means nothing when the context is so freaking poor.

When freedom was kicking ass there was a well rounded context behind.
When the celestial beings were creating chaos ( or the splendid all assult scene in the desert , it was well animated and the context was there )

Don't even get me started on "unicorn"

Yes there are scenes ( like the DTL gif in the previous pages ) where it was freaking well animated.. but everything is lost because the episode is so freaking dumb.. how can i enjoy a new robot reveal or some dodgefights when all the context is garbage? i can't.

And even when you have 40 secs like this when the rest isn't even remotly is as good. i can't forget everything else when the show falls into stupidity every chance they get.
Well thats just not good, if only the game could make it to the US.
Considering all the drama just for steins;gate (PC) don't think about robotics;notes yet.

Metrotab

Banned
It's unfortunate Kagura didn't get that much screentime, she was my favorite character in the cast. She has some nice focus moments though.

Theonik

Smile PreCure! 10
i2zCYUSIuZFPQ.png
iQzG36KnsWZcn.png

Akane is awesome.
A slightly more creative finisher this episode, also young akane is moe and now I'm hungry.

Yeah, it looks like a squashed version of Wild Words, but it isn't. Probably easier to just replace all the text in that speech bubble.

http://i.imgur.com/WBW0Suq.png
Yeah I thought it had to be wild words but its not! It looks very similar though.

Like some have said, you might not like it because it's episodic but it's a damn fun show that doesn't try to hide what it is: A show about pantsless girls who are essentially gender bent versions of veteran pilots in propeller legs fighting aliens in a pseudo-WWII setting.
This actually makes it sound worth watching. There must be a catch somewhere.

Vividread operation - 03
Vividred%20Operation%20-%2003.jpg

This design remind me of hatsune miku ... i loove it !!!

New girl is kinda cool.. they certainly are rushing the introduction arcs to get done with it as soon as possible so we can have the whole team.

I guess that's alright.
I think the grandfather doesn't wish to return to his own body any time soon.

Wait, so Vividred Operation is like Pretty Cure with less skirts/pants?

More GATTAI , more patsu , NO skirts. No tomatoes

It's a standard "main character get powers and must fight with allies" anime so yeah you might find similarities with some precures show but not only precure.
the fact that the vivid are color themed make me feel more like those power heroes shows ...

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Yes and loli ass In Your Face
More GATTAI , more patsu , NO skirts. No tomatoes

It's a standard "main character get powers and must fight with allies" anime so yeah you might find similarities with some precures show but not only precure.
the fact that the vivid are color themed make me feel more like those power heroes shows ...
rip precure

and now I have to add another show to the list :(
Pretty much.

Yuri, butt and crotch shots included.

Latest episode, was basically Nao getting her powers.
Precure + Yuri + Strike Witches.
Will I ever start my Be Papas marathon? Fuck. Adding to MAL.
Only HeartCatch that doing gattai right?
Heartcatch was so progressive.

Jex

Look at all this Gintama ep 259 impressions. It is that fucking good. To the people who never watch Gintama, do yourself a favour and watch it if you want epic fights, heartwarming cheese and lots of comedy. With over 200 episodes it might be scary but it can done easily, just watch 1 or 2 episode per day. You will not regret it and at the end you will enjoy it.

I have no difficulty calling Gintama one of the greatest anime of all time.

Gundam AGE Episode 5 or "EA Software?"

gAGEep5.png

Honestly I hope he does Emily. So you can stop appearing

This Desil guy is already a better pilot than Flit, he took down 2 mobile suits this episode!

Also how bad are the next gens? Anything to look forward to?

Thoraxes

Jojo - 15

Joseph...

The ultimate pimp.

The ultimate schemer.

Holds all the balls.

:dtl Engaged to (lolololol)
two men.

This is the best. Seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom