• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -5| This is stupid, kayos90 sucks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quasar

Both seasons toned down her antics. Looks like they're cutting a lot of content this season too, from all indications this single season will the last 5 LNs.

Well that will probably push it past where I've read up to. It is a shame they seem to want to rush it. I guess they have no interest in a third.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Azumanga Daioh 11

XRh5JLi.gif

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Girls und Panzer 02:

A new girl appears. She's a total tank nerd! Search for the tanks! Wash the tanks! A lethargic girl appears! That's what I look like in the morning too! An instructor appears! Mock battle! They're surrounded! Abunai! Chibis in the credits!

The show is doing a decent job of setting up the story. Cute girls being cute, though Miho still doesn't really want to Panzer. Student Council Pres. hasn't died in a fire yet. Maybe her tank blows up next episode. But then that would kill the other two, and I would rather leave the brunette alive.

Girls und Panzer 02:

A new girl appears. She's a total tank nerd! Search for the tanks! Wash the tanks! A lethargic girl appears! That's what I look like in the morning too! An instructor appears! Mock battle! They're surrounded! Abunai! Chibis in the credits!

The show is doing a decent job of setting up the story. Cute girls being cute, though Miho still doesn't really want to Panzer. Student Council Pres. hasn't died in a fire yet. Maybe her tank blows up next episode. But then that would kill the other two, and I would rather leave the brunette alive.

I like to think it's Ui. She just had a change of heart and decided to play tanks instead of guitar for her senior year.

Ginga e Kickoff 31

When was it established that Kota had weak defense...
. I hope they arent setting it up for a non Kota or Oozou oriented ending to this match.
cause of that being surprised at Reika
. still fun overall.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Also, watching Azumanga Daioh, I'm really noticing just how much Nichijou was obviously influenced by it. Nichijou really is AzuDai with the insanity cranked up to 11 (and also the giant tits replaced with "everybody including the adults is DFC because of reasons"). Of course, Nichijou completely blows AzuDai out of the water (I would say "IMO", but this is scientific fact). Still absolutely loving it, of course. Osaka and Sakaki are great. :D

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure 16

Fantastic. With Lisa Lisa, now JoJo has the one thing it was missing: hawtness.

I actually liked what they did with the ED this time.

You have no idea.

You can't have a Chihayafuru OTP that doesn't involve Kana. I'm pretty sure they even dedicated an entire clipshow to that very point.

That segment was before this episode's ending. They had no idea either. I've seen the light.

cajunator

Banned
Also, watching Azumanga Daioh, I'm really noticing just how much Nichijou was obviously influenced by it. Nichijou really is AzuDai with the insanity cranked up to 11 (and also the giant tits replaced with "everybody including the adults is DFC because of reasons"). Of course, Nichijou completely blows AzuDai out of the water (I would say "IMO", but this is scientific fact). Still absolutely loving it, of course. Osaka and Sakaki are great. :D
Yeah Nichijou immediately reminded me (and most other) of Azumanga daioh.
The two are stylistically similar, but nichijou has far higher production values.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
The iDOLM@STER - 11

You know, I don't see the hate for Yukiho. I mean, you have this girl who knows she lacks the looks, the raw talent, ability, confidence, and appeal that the others have, but continues to bust her ass off to make sure she doesn't drag the others down. Getting recognition is her lifeblood, and seeing Takane, the royal queen, give her praise when she needed it most just warmed my heart.

My current concerns like with
Miki
. I fear that her hunger for stardom is going to either destroy her resolve or character, maybe both.

Andrew J.

Maoyuu Maou Yuusha 04

I was promised Economics: The Anime, but so far this has been almost all agricultural development. Are we going to get to the Industrial Revolution, or see any modifications to fiscal, monetary, trade, or regulatory policy?

cajunator

Banned
Maoyuu Maou Yuusha 04

I was promised Economics: The Anime, but so far this has been almost all agricultural development. Are we going to get to the Industrial Revolution, or see any modifications to fiscal, monetary, trade, or regulatory policy?

Baby steps! Have patience!

The iDOLM@STER - 11

You know, I don't see the hate for Yukiho. I mean, you have this girl who knows she lacks the looks, the raw talent, ability, confidence, and appeal that the others have, but continues to bust her ass off to make sure she doesn't drag the others down. Getting recognition is her lifeblood, and seeing Takane, the royal queen, give her praise when she needed it most just warmed my heart.

Miki
. I fear that her hunger for stardom is going to either destroy her resolve or character, maybe both.

This made me fall for Yukiho for some reason.

cajunator

Banned
The iDOLM@STER - 11

Miki
That's because takane is a goddess with a heart of gold.

CorvoSol

Sakaki is the best.

Seconded.

Have you seen the end of Azumanga Daioh, though? I saw it the year I graduated HS and MAN.

Eureka Seven 29

IT IS ABOUT FREAKING TIME THAT SOMEONE CAME ALONG AND ANSWERED RENTON'S QUESTIONS.

CorvoSol

Also I know I said it already, but Eureka Seven's 2nd OP >>>>>>>>>>>>> It's 3rd OP.

The 3rd OP is so much less wonderful than the 2nd that it's not funny.

2nd OP is all "I am a slick rap song that is catchy and awesome."
3rd OP is all "I am a Japanese guy screaming in a microphone."

Also I would not hesitate to mangle each of Eureka's children in incrementally violent ways.

Syrinx

Revolutionary Girl Utena 1

I'm...trying to think of a good comparison to this... but I really can't think of one. No More Heroes (video game) sorta came to mind for a second, but even that's vastly different.

Utena wants to be a prince. I'm not exactly sure what she means by that, but it does make her cool as hell. Wearing a boys uniform (and looking pretty damn good in it) and saving princesses/damsels in distress, yeah, pretty weird. Then there's the Student Council, which seems like some kinda evil illuminait-esque group. This one girl is the "Rose Bride", and whoever is the holder of some silver sword/duelling champion (names of people and things are kinda escaping me here, sorry) is essentially her master. Her current master is a total buttpipe who abuses her, and Utena's all "Bitch, what?!" Then she challenges him to a duel when he leaves a love letter in the open to be posted publicly and mocked.

Here's where the show gets really bizarre. I wasn't an overly huge fan of the OP, and only liked, not loved, the ED (though don't be surprised at all if they both grow on me), but the use of music in this show really is sterling. The song as Utena climbed the spiral stairs...I thought it was great, very contrary to impressions I read earlier today. Then the stage for the duel and the effects going on...yeah, I've definitely never seen anything quite like this.

Maoyuu Maou Yuusha 04

oh yeah..

All of this will come but there was a need to present everything and do one thing at a time..

Be assured that there is a huge economical & political section coming up. Making deal with the merchants ( the alliance ) was a necessary step.

trejo

Also I know I said it already, but Eureka Seven's 2nd OP >>>>>>>>>>>>> It's 3rd OP.

Shounen Heart > Days > Sakura >>> Taiyou no Mannaka he.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Girls und Panzer 03:

Lethargic girl appears, and is conveniently a quick study in piloting tanks. After a few quick shots, Hana's completely fallen in love with the cannon fire. It's quite concerning hot.

This week, on Extreme Tank Makeover, we add fluffy heart cushions to the seats for more comfort. Seriously though, a pink tank?

Eri Kitamura appears! Show just got a million times better! <3

If they fail, a horrible Angelfish dance awaits them... which means they're guaranteed to lose. It's like, anime law or something.

Also I would not hesitate to mangle each of Eureka's children in incrementally violent ways.

Last OP is best OP.

Also, buy the OST.

cajunator

Banned
Revolutionary Girl Utena 1

I'm...trying to think of a good comparison to this... but I really can't think of one. No More Heroes (video game) sorta came to mind for a second, but even that's vastly different.

Utena wants to be a prince. I'm not exactly sure what she means by that, but it does make her cool as hell. Wearing a boys uniform (and looking pretty damn good in it) and saving princesses/damsels in distress, yeah, pretty weird. Then there's the Student Council, which seems like some kinda evil illuminait-esque group. This one girl is the "Rose Bride", and whoever is the holder of some silver sword/duelling champion (names of people and things are kinda escaping me here, sorry) is essentially her master. Her current master is a total buttpipe who abuses her, and Utena's all "Bitch, what?!" Then she challenges him to a duel when he leaves a love letter in the open to be posted publicly and mocked.

Here's where the show gets really bizarre. I wasn't an overly huge fan of the OP, and only liked, not loved, the ED (though don't be surprised at all if they both grow on me), but the use of music in this show really is sterling. The song as Utena climbed the spiral stairs...I thought it was great, very contrary to impressions I read earlier today. Then the stage for the duel and the effects going on...yeah, I've definitely never seen anything quite like this.

There is nothing else like Utena.
NOTHING

Damn weather took out my internet for a day. What kind of cruel god would keep me away from my anime!?
That sucks.
Sometimes I don't even lose power during hurricanes.

duckroll

http://www.productionig.com/contents/works_sp/91_/s08_/001176.html

Production IG has put up the first part of an interview with Kamiyama about 009 Re:Cyborg on their official site. This quote in particular, explains sooooooooo much about how the movie turned out the way it did:

Which brings us to the next question: what kind of enemy would the 00-series cyborgs face in the 21st century?

Of course that was our big question, too. In fact, this project was originally to be directed by Mamoru Oshii, while my role was limited to scriptwriting duties. So I naturally tailored the story to the director's taste. I also took inspiration from two of the most ambitious and thought-provoking story arcs in the original comic, which also happened to have been left unresolved, where the nine cyborgs question the very principle of "justice" they had been fighting for, and their own role in this world. I reduced the fantasy elements and introduced more serious and modern political issues. And I transferred everything in the very near future, as the movie starts in February 2013, just three months ahead the opening date of the movie in Japanese theaters. We can say that our world changed from the Berlin Wall era to the post 9/11, and so it changed for super heroes conceived under a different political and social situation. I had 007 say the line, "When did we stop being the good guys?" which somehow epitomizes the premises of the movie. I cannot really add more to it as this would result in a spoiler but... well, eventually Oshii moved to his long-dreamed Garm Wars project and I was asked to take over directorial duties too. But the same script was used.

Lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom