• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -5| This is stupid, kayos90 sucks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
[Goldfish Warning!] 02 OR The Not-So-Be-Papas Marathon of Madness 02
FZVxQHql.jpg
Cajun wasn't lying when he said this show was :cajun. omg
Surprisingly less perverted than this out of context screencap might imply.

This episode also featured a relatively cheap but fun 2D car sequence that still looked better than most of the CGI crap that shows do today. smh
Treasure games are shite
How does it feel, to not like fun?
Fact: Bangai-O Spirits is a better mecha game than Zone of the Enders.

GINTAMA 224
Gintama%20-%20224.jpg

did they change the end of the opening just to make 2 jokes ?

BLU-RAYs are better than VHS

i can't tell more about this.
Also blu ray is popular on every planet of the galaxy ???

VERDICT : [REDACTED]

Ps : blu - ray players arenot GPS !

Jex

I see.. so you would say that once you've come to know the characters traits there is left accustoming to it and just enjoying their adventures, right? I would assume something like that for this because such a long episodic series would be incredibly complex otherwise.

I want to eventually watch that series, and I think this favors watching it at long intervals. Jumping in after a long time and experience again a bit of those characters you connected with before, that keep being the same... that familiarity sounds good, isn't it?

That's basically how I'd put it, yes. There's enough variety for me to watch the vast majority of the episodic episodes (apologies for this turn of phrase, I realise it's very clunky) despite the fact that they don't offer any character growth or overall story development.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Hito: are those the Ikuni episodes?
Yup, although I missed 20.

Fuck it, here's what I have so far:

01 Junichi Satou
02 Atsutoshi Umezawa (Storyboard: Junichi Satou)
03 Yasuo Yamayoshi
04 Kunihiko Ikuhara
05 Yuuji Endou
06 Atsutoshi Umezawa
07 Junichi Satou
08 Yuuji Endou
09 Yasuo Yamayoshi
10 Atsutoshi Umezawa
11 Junichi Satou
12 Yuuji Endou
13 Kunihiko Ikuhara
14 Atsutoshi Umezawa
15 Yasuo Yamayoshi
16 Yoshihiro Oka
17 Junichi Satou
18 Yuuji Endou
19 Atsutoshi Umezawa
20 Junichi Satou, Kunihiko Ikuhara
21 Yasuo Yamayoshi
22 Junichi Satou
23 Atsutoshi Umezawa
24 Yuuji Endou
25 Kunihiko Ikuhara
26 Yasuo Yamayoshi
27 Junichi Satou
28 Yuuji Endou
29 Atsutoshi Umezawa
30 Kunihiko Ikuhara
31 Yasuo Yamayoshi
32 Junichi Satou, Takuya Igarashi
33 Atsutoshi Umezawa
34 Yuuji Endou
35 Yoshihiro Oka
36 Yasuo Yamayoshi
37 Atsutoshi Umezawa
38 Kunihiko Ikuhara
39 Yuuji Endou
40 Junichi Satou
41 Harume Kosaka
42 Yasuo Yamayoshi
43 Kunihiko Ikuhara

Fairy Tail 166
tumblr_mh8dbedRgY1rfpxhzo6_250.gif

Pretty awesome episode. Natsu just plain epic with his skills. I think Genma is far weaker than he is
If Minerva hadnt intervened I bet Genma would have been destroyed

They keep ending at such key moments, gah have to wait to next week
to see Erza own all 100 of the pandemonium

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Welcome to the 21st century, darkside. We have wi-fi and flying cars in here.

Hito: are those the Ikuni episodes?

Just like one can appreciate older anime series one can also appreciate the finer traits of obsolete writing tools such as the pen and paper.

And I still live! I still wait for firehawk to croak over before I'll get myself killed.

Cuticle Detective Inaba 4
tumblr_mh8901wjuT1rfp5pbo5_500.gif

Both halves were so hilarious. Haruka is such a great addition to the cast, and definitely the one I prefer Don Valentino with (Sorry Lorenzo :( ) Hope Haruka does stay around and has more bonding moments with Hiroshi. I love Nozaki Kei so much, need so much more of his faces and moments.
I was so shocked when Haruka wasnt a bunny though, lol, I cant believe I actually believed it but the cast did too, to think he was a wolf

Kagami

What up with all of these new guy hating Ami&Mami?

This has been confusing me as well.
I don't remember IdolM@ster in detail at this point but I don't recall having any problems with Ami & Mami.

I physically can't comprehend those reactions to Eurekas children

Ever since 2006, Ive never understood peoples violent reactions to them. It honestly puzzles me.
Feels like the same topic almost!
I barely remember the kids in E7. They didn't really stand out to me.

Steroyd

What happened to Uchip? I heard he was perma-banned from something that happened a day or so ago.

Wanted to be voted out of Gaf, not many people wanted to, then got himself banned on purpose.

No idea why he couldn't just leave of his own volition.

Articalys

Precure is eternal.
Precure and Tokyo's ABC (Asahi Broadcasting Corporation) producer Hiroyuki Matsushita (Smile Precure!, Suite Precure) commented at the press conference for the upcoming Dokidoki! Precure anime that he wants Precure to go on for much longer than just 10 years. He said: "This is the 10th year for Precure, but it's still just 10 years. I want the show to go on for 20, even 30 years."
(emphasis added)
(this is the same event that the earlier kigu picture was from, btw, as you can see in the article)

Defuser

Maoyuu Maou Yushaa ep 4
Head maid : "USELESS MEAT"

Head maid, why are you so awesome?

GINTAMA 224

BLU-RAYs are better than VHS

i can't tell more about this.
Also blu ray is popular on every planet of the galaxy ???

VERDICT : [REDACTED]

Ps : blu - ray players arenot GPS !

It's even better when that ghost is voice by Sawashiro Miyuki.

jbug617

Banned
Kuroko no Basket Fan Disc

Really didn't know what to expect but it was pretty good. Played heavy on the fan service and the characters acknowledge this. They did mix in some stuff from Tip-Off from the manga.

Neo C.

The iDOLM@STER 1

1. Azusa
  2. Takane
  3. Makoto
  4. Ritsuko
  5. Miki
  6. Yukiho
  7. Chihaya
  8. Haruka
  9. Yayoi
  10. Hibiki
  11. The Twins Ami & Mami
  12. Producer
  13. Iori
So basically a list based on breast size - with the exception of Chihaya (too high) and Hibiki (too low).

Chihayafuru S2 ep 3: Kana doesn't count Chihaya as female member. That's my little tomboy Chihaya! <3

Syrinx

You mean impression. My response was sarcasm.

Not you. I think it was cosmicblizzard (may have been someone else) who said it was dumb.

Nothing really matches it in its entirety, but there are shows that resemble it strongly in various ways, like Sailor Moon, Penguin Drum, and Oniisama e. You haven't gotten to the point where Sailor Moon starts resembling Utena more yet. WHICH IS WHY YOU SHOULD WATCH MORE.

I mean, I can see some similarities to Sailor Moon, I guess. If you told that the director also worked on SM, I wouldn't be at all surprised. But this is...something else.

Was going to watch more last night, but I ended up watching Cowboy Bebop with my brother instead. Will post impressions later.

Mitsuho

Banned
I saw RahXephon on the anime block on TechTV back in the day.

I liked it.

Me too. Not everyone's jumping on the thumbs down train. The other anime I seem to be in the minority opinion on is Mushi-shi. I stopped watching after episode 7 or so. Too episodal and nothing to grab on to. Unlike a wide cast in a slice of life or such, if you don't identify with the only main character than there isn't any one else. C for control, for all it's flaws, had a clear hook so you knew there were world level consequences and if you wanted to know how it turned out you had to watch to the end. Mushi just kind of are.

mAcOdIn

If that's Jexhius's list I imagine him like Steve Buscemi's character in Billy Madison lying on the couch with a gun putting on lipstick.

Narag

I mean, I can see some similarities to Sailor Moon, I guess. If you told that the director also worked on SM, I wouldn't be at all surprised. But this is...something else.

It's a case of the more anime you watch, the more you'll see how shows and directors influenced others, particularly Dezaki influencing Ikuhara and visual/story themes present in Sailor Moon being explored more thoroughly in Utena.

Steroyd

Gunbuster - 01

HNgrz2P.jpg

Well that didn't take long, less than 6 minutes. lol

Despite my low affinity toward mecha shows, I think it brought a tear to my eye to see hand drawn mechanical vehicles.

Gunbuster - 01

HNgrz2P.jpg

Well that didn't take long, less than 6 minutes. lol

Despite my low affinity toward mecha shows, I think it brought a tear to my eye to see hand drawn mechanical vehicles.

Good, someone else is watching Gunbuster. One of my all time favorites of any genre.

Danj

No idea either but I wasn't even thinking about it till you brought it up. Blah!

Friend of mine found a link which has the whole thing... it basically seems to be a massive spoiler for the entire series o_O

** MAOYUU SPOILER WARNING DO NOT CLICK! **

** MAOYUU SPOILER WARNING DO NOT CLICK! **

Yes, her economics!

Also lol'd at the horns being removable. Didn't see that coming.

I was really disappointed that
the horns were fake
:(

Narag

Tsuritama 3

Yuki's grandmother's health and Natsuki's strained relationship with his father is already getting to me. Also this isn't quite as grounded in reality as I assumed it would be. Funny how that works. The last cast's animation was damn neat too.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
So I have to also buy a model tank, learn how to put one together and also how to paint it. This must be the most demanding Nendoroid ever! Well they're sold out on AmiAmi at the mo so guess I'll have to forget about that part.

Shame the headphone aren't separate but I suppose it would be too trick to keep them attached.
ibufFw3V732ayV.png

So I have to also buy a model tank, learn how to put one together and also how to paint it. This must be the most demanding Nendoroid ever! Well they're sold out on AmiAmi at the mo so guess I'll have to forget about that part.

Shame the headphone aren't separate but I suppose it would be too trick to keep them attached.
ibufFw3V732ayV.png

I think I'm out on that part :/. Just the nendo will have to be good enough. But it's a moot point anyway since it is sold out, as you said.

This did remind me to put in my Miyako nendo preorder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom