• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -5| This is stupid, kayos90 sucks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gundam AGE Episode 8

Flit blows up mobile suits with his new Gundam Titus which has mega stylish Beam Bracelets. Not much else actually happens really.

Oh and it took 5 1/2 minutes for this episode to get to where the last episode left off (not including the OP). You're only getting 15mins of new content in this episode!

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I think this is the first time in this thread I've seen screenshots photographed off of the tv before

What up with all of these new guy hating Ami&Mami?
They're part of the anti fun brigade. I blame them for our AKB0048 future.

My liking spam was on the level of "What, they have Spam in Japan?", kind of like the amusement gained from the random Yorkie bar in Noein.
I see. I'm assuming it wasn't a "It's not for girls" wrapper Yorkie.

I didn't buy Sin and Punishment 2.

I asked for it as a present.

Narag

Tsuritama 5

Yuki's fixation on awkward situations and mistakes after everyone else has long since stopped caring about them speaks to me far more than I care to admit. This sort of flies by too. I get caught up in the ep then suddenly it's over.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
This has got to be one of the most useless anime gifs I have ever seen. What is it trying to capture that a still picture couldn't? That his mouth moves faster than Sonic the Hedgehog in a blender?

I can't believe how many people buy these. I'll never get the appeal of a box composed entirely of of random series volume 8s.
They were just terrible. They gave people incomplete collections of Girls Bravo. How inhumane!

ibgKj6064HzRlt.gif

Being Kotori is suffering. :(

The final episode is the best though.

I never saw it. After sitting through about 17 or 18 episodes of that shit, I said 'enough is enough' and stopped watching.

Tsuritama 5

Yuki's fixation on awkward situations and mistakes after everyone else has long since stopped caring about them speaks to me far more than I care to admit. This sort of flies by too. I get caught up in the ep then suddenly it's over.

Yeah, that aspect of Yuki reminds me about myself and situations I've found myself in. It's part of what makes him so easy to relate with. He's a great protagonist for me, at least.

Chihayafuru 03

Hell yeah! Chihayafuru is back. First two episodes were OK but not great, but this one absolutely blew it out of the park. It was funny, the characters are all so diverse and they all have that thing that makes them so hilarious to watch. The tension was through the roof, yet we still get that awesome feeling of seeing an OP character massacre an enemy. We got loads of stuff to look forward to as well, A few good glimpses of what Arata is up to and a nice ending bit about our arch-Rival Shinobu. She's lost the weight she gained at the end of last season and she's ready for war.

10/10, on track to be best anime of the year and its only January.

BluWacky

This has got to be one of the most useless anime gifs I have ever seen. What is it trying to capture that a still picture couldn't? That his mouth moves faster than Sonic the Hedgehog in a blender?

You can't see the bishie sparkles glimmer in a still, now can you?

Narag

Tsuritama 6

Such a change in Yuki. Natsuki too givne how quick he was to defend him against Akira. Some serious wtf out of nowhere to close it out though. Seems like a good stopping point for me for right now. Think I'll take a bit of time to reflect on the first half and finish it out tonight.

cajunator

Banned
Welp, there are now DokiDoki kigurumi in the wild.

DAT MARKETING MACHINE

Goldfish Warning! 02 OR The Not-So-Be-Papas Marathon of Madness 02

Cajun wasn't lying when he said this show was :cajun. omg

Surprisingly less perverted than this out of context screencap might imply.

This episode also featured a relatively cheap but fun 2D car sequence that still looked better than most of the CGI crap that shows do today. smh

How does it feel, to not like fun?

Fact: Bangai-O Spirits is a better mecha game than Zone of the Enders.

I don't know why people hate on Sin and Punishment so much. Its really fun. The second game on Wii moreso.

i'm growing too old for precure.. and this is painfull to type since i've watched the serie when it began to air and loved it since the first episode...

Wait...this is possible? I'm 30 and I have no outgrown this stuff. It is possible that I never will. It has probably irreparably ruined my social life and reputation, but fuck it. Life is tough, live CUTE.

I can't believe how many people buy these. I'll never get the appeal of a box composed entirely of of random series volume 8s.

I know. Its like going into F.Y.E. and buying up 30 random volumes off the shelf.

Oh god why is my name crossed off!! Am I... already dead??

My name was scratched out on his list too. I'm guessing that particular shot of it is old.

Dat granny.

Best girl in Tsuritama!

Friend of mine found a link which has the whole thing... it basically seems to be a massive spoiler for the entire series o_O

** MAOYUU SPOILER WARNING DO NOT CLICK! **

** MAOYUU SPOILER WARNING DO NOT CLICK! **

I was really disappointed that
the horns were fake
:(

Fuck. I started reading the song lyrics, then got nervous and stopped. If thats really spoiling the plot it is really clever.

I think this is the first time in this thread I've seen screenshots photographed off of the tv before

They're part of the anti fun brigade. I blame them for our AKB0048 future.

I see. I'm assuming it wasn't a "It's not for girls" wrapper Yorkie.

I didn't buy Sin and Punishment 2.

I asked for it as a present.

I took a photo of my big TV with Wideface on it in widescreen mode. It was pretty spectacular.

Also I had no idea people disliked SnP that much but I guess there are people that hate everything just like there are fans of everything.

Syrinx

Cowboy Bebop 17

Edward and Ein were the stars of this episode. The ship is out of food and fuel, so everybody is starving. They crash land on some barren planet with barely anything on it. The first food they can eat is a mushroom that Ein eats, and he gets a case of the hops, so he and Edward decide to test them on the other shipmates, who eat them, and totally start tripping balls. So Edward and Ein decide to catch the mushroom dealer themselves. It concludes with a pretty awesome scene on a train. But then Edward agrees to only take the mushrooms and sell them, but they turn out only to be shitake mushrooms. At least they have food. But there seems to be trippy mushrooms hidden amongst them, as Ein gets the hops again.

Not the greatest episode, but an entertaining one.

Cowboy Bebop 18

A beta tape for Faye shows up. It turns out to be a video Faye made of herself as a child to be given to her in 10 years (longer in Faye time, due to her coma). Spike and Jet watch a bit of it, but then the guy whose deck they were using kicks them out of his store cause Spike kept fucking with shit.

Strange though. The lengths that Spike and Jet went to to watch that tape...I think they knew that Faye was the girl in the video. They actually wanted to learn about Faye and her past. The episode ends with teenage Faye cheering on current Faye in a cheerleader thing. It's more impactful than I made it sound.

cajunator

Banned
Cowboy Bebop 17

Edward and Ein were the stars of this episode. The ship is out of food and fuel, so everybody is starving. They crash land on some barren planet with barely anything on it. The first food they can eat is a mushroom that Ein eats, and he gets a case of the hops, so he and Edward decide to test them on the other shipmates, who eat them, and totally start tripping balls. So Edward and Ein decide to catch the mushroom dealer themselves. It concludes with a pretty awesome scene on a train. But then Edward agrees to only take the mushrooms and sell them, but they turn out only to be shitake mushrooms. At least they have food. But there seems to be trippy mushrooms hidden amongst them, as Ein gets the hops again.

Cowboy Bebop 18

A beta tape for Faye shows up. It turns out to be a video Faye made of herself as a child to be given to her in 10 years (longer in Faye time, due to her coma). Spike and Jet watch a bit of it, but then the guy whose deck they were using kicks them out of his store cause Spike kept fucking with shit.

Strange though. The lengths that Spike and Jet went to to watch that tape...I think they knew that Faye was the girl in the video. They actually wanted to learn about Faye and her past. The episode ends with teenage Faye cheering on current Faye in a cheerleader thing. It's more impactful than I made it sound.

Those are two of my favorite episodes, along with Jupiter Jazz.

Jex

Dresden needs to get back to From the New World.

firehawk12 needs to respond to my query.

I need to stop bossing other posters around.

Syrinx

Those are two of my favorite episodes, along with Jupiter Jazz.

Jupiter Jazz was absolutely amazing.

Ep. 17, like I said, wasn't the greatest, but it had enough of Ein being a boss to certainly make it a good one. Ep. 18...I think it's up there. I need to watch more and have some time to reflect before I decide on some list.

Edit: Though I should say that Bohemian Rhapsody is one of my favorites as of right now.

CorvoSol

It sounds like you hate fun and good things.

I sure do! I had fun once and it was EASILY THE WORST TIME OF MY LIFE.

Me too. Not everyone's jumping on the thumbs down train. The other anime I seem to be in the minority opinion on is Mushi-shi. I stopped watching after episode 7 or so. Too episodal and nothing to grab on to. Unlike a wide cast in a slice of life or such, if you don't identify with the only main character than there isn't any one else. C for control, for all it's flaws, had a clear hook so you knew there were world level consequences and if you wanted to know how it turned out you had to watch to the end. Mushi just kind of are.

To be fair, I don't think Rah Xephon is awful. It's unoriginal and in the handful of episodes I'd watched, it was unengaging. But I've only seen a handful of episodes so maybe it improves over time. When I finish the shows I'm watching now, I'll pick it up again and see if it doesn't get better. Even if it doesn't, it could just be that the show is not for me.

Gundam AGE Episode 8

Flit blows up mobile suits with his new Gundam Titus which has mega stylish Beam Bracelets. Not much else actually happens really.

Oh and it took 5 1/2 minutes for this episode to get to where the last episode left off (not including the OP). You're only getting 15mins of new content in this episode!

Oh, young one, if I could only stop you here, before you get as far in as I am. Flit is a horrible human being.

Cowboy Bebop 17

Cowboy Bebop 18

The end of 18 brings tears to my eyes every time.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I like how firehawk gets special mention as if his hatred transcends the term.

firehawk gets the mention because the review actually points out things that he would agree with. additionally this is now i hear firehawk's voice as. LOL.

Theonik

That review was all over the place.

He basically bashed almost every single aspect of the show, but was then like 'oh, but it's kind of fun to watch, so whatever'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom