• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -5| This is stupid, kayos90 sucks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
So I was digging around one of my old hard drives and I found a pick that would probably top Kirinopony.

ibegGdBK0YaeJl.png

I like how this one actually makes sense.

Syrinx

Revolutionary Girl Utena 2

Damn, Utena's a ladykiller. She's engaged to Anthy, the Rose Bride, though she doesn't really understand how or why, but also has girls who go nuts for her on her way to class. Her two friends were also piggybacking on her.

I can tell Chu-chu's probably going to be amazing.

So Saionji challenges Utena to a rematch after smacking Anthy, despite that she's no longer his, and she decides to intentionally lose so she doesn't have to worry about this shit anymore. But as she's battling she decides, "Fuck that, this bitch is going down!" He corners her, but her ring and the Sword of Dios combine to bring that prince down and help her recover. Utena and Saionji charge at each other and Utena slices that bitch's sword and his rose and wins. Apparently she has the power to "bring the world revolution", hence the title, I assume. Weird how she was asking for it as she drew the sword even though she intended to lose, though.

Mitsuho

Banned
Star Driver 2-5

Every single aspect of the show is eh, oh, but it's kind of fun to watch, so whatever.

Reverse harems, sex offender school nurses; troublesome content in buckets.

Nafe

Hyouka 6

Maybe it's because I'm a native English speaker, but I found it incredibly funny someone would mistake a d for an a. If the teacher's handwriting is bad enough for that to be a problem, don't you think he'd just do upper case instead?
Next episode is a hot springs episode. Should I be excited or not?

Haha, I've seen native speakers actually do that kind of thing the odd time. I guess it depends on how messy a person's writing is. You also often seem to see people put a horizontal line across a letter Z to differentiate it from a number 2 but I always put a loop and maybe a tail on mine so it never looks like a Z.

Did you watch the second episode of Haganai Next? The scene where they're comparing Kanji where one is basically the same as the other except for a couple lines or something. That kind of thing is a lot more annoying.

If you're looking for fan service type stuff, then seeing Chitanda in a bikini in Episode 11.5 would probably be more your thing. The picture of seeing her bare shoulders as she sits in the hot spring is pretty much most of the fan service from episode 7 I think.

Once you get one, there's no turning back.

I bought a nendoroid of Homura from Madoka but I don't think I'll be getting any more. I think they're super adorable and really cute but also really expensive for what you're getting in my opinion.

Even if they were cheaper, I don't know if I'd buy them as they would just kind of become clutter. That's another reason why I don't really buy figurines or plushies or just knick knack type things in general. In the end it just seems like cool looking junk that I don't really need.

The iDOLM@STER 1

1. Azusa
  2. Takane
  3. Makoto
  4. Ritsuko
  5. Miki
  6. Yukiho
  7. Chihaya
  8. Haruka
  9. Yayoi
  10. Hibiki
  11. The Twins Ami & Mami
  12. Producer
  13. Iori

Haha, at first it looked like you just ranked them according to bust size. I'm not sure what they all are but that still might not be too far off anyway.

People who hate children?

Fun fact: When I re-watched parts of the series recently. I actually had a much better opinion of Renton and the kids. Used to be one of those guys who found both of them annoying to the core, but I was a teen back then, and I'm now a adult, so maybe it's part of my maturation process? plus not to mention I work in child care now and am studying towards becoming a school teacher, so maybe my tolerance levels for children has increased as a result of that? .:p

Really, the only character that outright annoys me in Eureka Seven is Holland. (whom I thought was a bad-ass when I first watched it heh).

I only saw a bit of Eureka Seven a few years ago so I don't really remember my thoughts on the children but anime needs more kids like Rin from Usagi Drop.

Awwww yeah!

She's the best. Left the biggest impact on me.

Haha, this picture was posted unrelated to your conversation but it's funny how that worked out.

Best post ever.

Haha, I'll get around to maybe having some more thoughts on the episode but it looked like you were on at the time so I thought I'd share my elation at that revelation.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Azumanga Daioh 12

Pretty good Chiyo-centric episode. I really hope Osaka gets a focus episode at some point, just for the possibility of more derpfaces. :D

Haha, I've seen native speakers actually do that kind of thing the odd time. I guess it depends on how messy a person's writing is. You also often seem to see people put a horizontal line across a letter Z to differentiate it from a number 2 but I always put a loop and maybe a tail on mine so it never looks like a Z.

Did you watch the second episode of Haganai Next? The scene where they're comparing Kanji where one is basically the same as the other except for a couple lines or something. That kind of thing is a lot more annoying.

If you're looking for fan service type stuff, then seeing Chitanda in a bikini in Episode 11.5 would probably be more your thing. The picture of seeing her bare shoulders as she sits in the hot spring is pretty much most of the fan service from episode 7 I think

Yeah, though I usually can figure out my own handwriting. You'd also think he'd use upper case letters, given that the room numbers use the upper case anyways. Still, I thought the episode was amusing.
I actually haven't started Haganai Next yet. I have way to much shows to watch. I might start it tonight though. Trying to sort out all the characters in the Japanese language seems really hard, so I probably shouldn't be looking down on someone having a tough time with the Latin alphabet...
Yeah, I'm not expecting much, it is a KyoAni show after all. Nothing a little bit of imagination can't fix!

I bought a nendoroid of Homura from Madoka but I don't think I'll be getting any more. I think they're super adorable and really cute but also really expensive for what you're getting in my opinion.

Even if they were cheaper, I don't know if I'd buy them as they would just kind of become clutter. That's another reason why I don't really buy figurines or plushies or just knick knack type things in general. In the end it just seems like cool looking junk that I don't really need.

I suppose it depends on the Nendoroid too. My Mio and Ritsu special Nendoroids came with a full stage, not to mention the normal things Mio and Ritsu come with.
I've always been into figures and stuff since a kid, so that might influence it too. I have a lot of old Gundam action figures and stuff lying around somewhere. If gaming didn't take most of my money, I'd probably be drowning in figures.

Haha, at first it looked like you just ranked them according to bust size. I'm not sure what they all are but that still might not be too far off anyway.

Haha, yeah. The first episode doesn't really give you much on the characters but the basic backgrounds on them. So the list is going to seem a little shallow at this point.

Haha, this picture was posted unrelated to your conversation but it's funny how that worked out.
I'm glad someone got it.
I often resort to wikipedia when it comes to remembering character names.

I did for a lot of them, I just didn't remember the green haired girl at all. So many to keep track of.

Theonik

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure 16
Dat training montage. Next episode will be pretty awesome based on the preview. Thought the training arc would be longer.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure 16
Dat training montage. Next episode will be pretty awesome based on the preview. Thought the training arc would be longer.
There's no time to waste if we wanna see how David Production will make Mitsuo Iso retire from the industry in shame.

Syrinx

He's pretty cool! It's just that people have a tendency to think Chu Chu has more of a role than he truly does. lulz

I never said I thought he'd have a major role. I just thought he was cool. Like Ein. ...Okay, not as cool as Ein. Ein's one cool, chilling-ass motherfucker.

OreShura 04

Oh that middle segment was pretty cringe-worthy. Like terrible bad. At least childhood friend stepped it up, but still terrible.

I liked the hijinks at the end even if they have been done a million times in other shows. And I don't even know how adding another girl will affect this show, but maybe it'll make it more interesting. Please.

cajunator

Banned
OreShura 04

Oh that middle segment was pretty cringe-worthy. Like terrible bad. At least childhood friend stepped it up, but still terrible.

I liked the hijinks at the end even if they have been done a million times in other shows. And I don't even know how adding another girl will affect this show, but maybe it'll make it more interesting. Please.

I might watch this just because that girl reminds me of a longer haired Ice witch.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
cosmicblizzard was right about Chu Chu. That may be the only thing he was right about, but nevertheless.
He's he product of a bygone era when every show had to have a mascot because I don't know why the fuck those were like the hot springs and beach episodes of their day. Even Evangelion suffers from this illness in the shape of Pen Pen, aka the only comic relief that fails at being comic relief.

Shounen Heart > Days > Sakura >>> Taiyou no Mannaka he.

Taiyou what?

FLCL 1-6 -END-

That was pretty awesome. There's not much to be said about a plot like this show's, but I liked it.
I was also glad both asshole girls didn't stick around.
The biggest highlight, though, was definitely the use of the soundtrack. Great tunes.

I'm glad you watched it. ^____^

Agreed. I loved the song 'Last Dinosaur' that played in the final episode.

This is one of my favorite songs of all time, even though I have bad taste for music.

Friend of mine found a link which has the whole thing... it basically seems to be a massive spoiler for the entire series o_O

** MAOYUU SPOILER WARNING DO NOT CLICK! **

** MAOYUU SPOILER WARNING DO NOT CLICK! **

The visuals in the ending led me to believe it was a spoiler for the series, you can see everthing that happened in it.

Loop? loop.

I only saw a bit of Eureka Seven a few years ago so I don't really remember my thoughts on the children but anime needs more kids like Rin from Usagi Drop.

I guess that's probably why we'll never get a Yotsuba&! anime.

If only, Yotsuba&! anime existed.

[Ginga e Kickoff!] 32

Reika-chan mai waifu. ;_; Ouzou was cool too. Damn this match is intense.

Reika-chan is the best, for shame triplets and Aoto-kun.

=============

DiGiKerot I still want to see pics of your arcade stick, pretty please? T___T

Phew, you guys slowed down. Time to watch some anime, finish Top wo nerae and then start Gintama, my brother keep watching and laughing and he can't wait for me to watch together so I have to catch up to him, always catching up. :p

Jex

He's he product of a bygone era when every show had to have a mascot because I don't know why the fuck those were like the hot springs and beach episodes of their day. Even Evangelion suffers from this illness in the shape of Pen Pen, aka the only comic relief that fails at being comic relief.

Wait, you got something against Pen Pen? He's just a penguin living his life, leave him alone!

cajunator

Banned
Taiyou what?

I'm glad you watched it. ^____^

This is one of my favorite songs of all time, even though I have bad taste for music.

The visuals in the ending led me to believe it was a spoiler for the series, you can see everthing that happened in it.

Loop? loop.

If only, Yotsuba&! anime existed.

Reika-chan is the best, for shame triplets and Aoto-kun.

=============

DiGiKerot I still want to see pics of your arcade stick, pretty please? T___T

Phew, you guys slowed down. Time to watch some anime, finish Top wo nerae and then start Gintama, my brother keep watching and laughing and he can't wait for me to watch together so I have to catch up to him, always catching up. :p

now that is lewd

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I read today that the reason the production company in the iDOLM@STER is called 765 Productions is because an alternative reading of the numbers means it's pronounced as Namco Productions. Woah.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I read today that the reason the production company in the iDOLM@STER is called 765 Productions is because an alternative reading of the numbers means it's pronounced as Namco Productions. Woah.

.... I feel smart for once.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom