• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -5| This is stupid, kayos90 sucks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
I thought you were my husbando.
I refuse to believe anyone found Pen Pen by himself genuinely funny.
Evangelion fails at a lot of things.
Well yes, that's kind of the point of the show.
I don't play Treasure games so I wouldn't know.
I recommend Gunstar Heroes to begin with.
Revolutionary Girl Utena 3

One of these days Wakaba's going to knock herself and Utena over that ledge.
For a moment there I thought you meant Wakaba was going to knock herself and Utena up and was like whaaaaaaaaaaaa.
Gunbuster - 02

Man only 2 episodes and I'm already regretting the decision to watch this, I mean look.

Am I ever going to see stuff like this ever again, unless I jump into even more 80's/90's anime that's sitting in my backlog somewhere, I'm going to have to let these scenes burn into my retina's and savour this while I'm watching it.
This, among many other reasons, is why backlog season > current season, always.
Show me 8-bit versions of every duel song and then we'll talk.
I would be surprised if there isn't a Utena fighting game. on playstation or something
As far as I know the only game was a dating sim for Saturn whose commercial appeared after the last episode of the original broadcast, which was a huge what the fuck for Ikuni himself.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
The show hooked me. I don't think I will ever catch up though because I'm on ep 20 and the show is over 600 ep.

Yeah, it is quite daunting if you've just started. It's a great show, but I can say that because I started watching 13 years ago! :O

Found it.
Called "Truth"

Two-Mix! :D I love in Episodes 81-82 when
Conan meets Minami Takayama, voice of Conan and Two-Mix singer! The other characters comment on how they sound exactly the same, except unlike Takayama, Conan's tone-deaf. XD

Jex

[Jo Jo's Bizarre Adventure] - 16

Firstly, this episode isn't ugly. Hurray! I knew you guys remembered how to make still look decent.

Secondly, this is a training episode, but it manages to avoid being boring. Congratulations to everyone involved!

Soul Eater 16

b2BlbzO.jpg
NcUpU3g.jpg

A nice mix of action and suspense for what will happen next in the series.

Jex

It...it occurs to me that I am only watching a single show from the Winter Season - Tamako Market. That's it. This might be the weakest season I have encountered, ever.

I know that I should really pick up Chiayafuru as I enjoyed the first season but I don't really find myself enthralled by the prospect more endless karuta and more romances that don't go anywhere.

Ah well, backlog season continues.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
It...it occurs to me that I am only watching a single show from the Winter Season - Tamako Market. That's it. This might be the weakest season I have encountered, ever.

I know that I should really pick up Chiayafuru as I enjoyed the first season but I don't really find myself enthralled by the prospect more endless karuta and more romances that don't go anywhere.

You should join me in the Not-So-Be-Papas Marathon of Madness! It will be endlessly fun!

cajunator

Banned

Damn. I thought my watchlist was small:

Chihayafuru S2
Tamako Market
Maoyuu Maou Yuusha
Sasami-San
Kotoura-san
Vividred

Jex

My backlog isn't even that impressive:

Joshiraku
Nadia: The Secret of Blue Water (Re-watch)
Windy Tales (I've been on episode four for a while but now is a good excuse to get back into it and polish off the series)
Ojamajo Doremi (The secret best magical girl show ever)

On-going

From the New World
Jo Jo's

Ginga e Kickoff 32
tumblr_mfm5kb4esz1qhfakeo1_r1_500.gif

Really amazing episode, the Oozou/Kageura evolving interactions during the match was amazing and such good lines throughout the whole thing, when whoa whoa whoa played it was quite exciting. Favorite moment was when Ryuji, Kota, Aoto were discussing the things their best with, I hope we see more own goals in the remaining seven episodes. And hopefully more Kota action.

And I couldnt help but think of Naruto this episode.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
From this season

Chihayafuru S2
Tamako Market
Gintama'
Puchimas
Love Live! School Idol Project
AKB0048
Keep forgetting to watch so mostly likely to drop by accient - Maoyuu Maou Yuusha

Continuing

Psycho Pass
Polar Bear Cafe
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
Space Brothers

Nafe

You'd also think he'd use upper case letters, given that the room numbers use the upper case anyways. Still, I thought the episode was amusing.
Trying to sort out all the characters in the Japanese language seems really hard, so I probably shouldn't be looking down on someone having a tough time with the Latin alphabet...
Yeah, I'm not expecting much, it is a KyoAni show after all. Nothing a little bit of imagination can't fix!

Yeah, I think I might have had the same thought as far as just capitalizing them.
Japanese Kana aren't really too bad. The fact that each one basically uses all the vowels I think made it actually easier to learn. You know, ka ki ku ke ko type of thing.

Kanji can have some similarities to them so you can kind of group them or one reminds you of another but sometimes that can come back and be a hindrance too, haha. They're kind of a double edged sword. The fact that they convey both a meaning and a sound is handy for reading though. You might not know how to pronounce a word but you might recognize the Kanji and can at least get an approximation of what it means.

I suppose it depends on the Nendoroid too. My Mio and Ritsu special Nendoroids came with a full stage, not to mention the normal things Mio and Ritsu come with.
I've always been into figures and stuff since a kid, so that might influence it too. I have a lot of old Gundam action figures and stuff lying around somewhere. If gaming didn't take most of my money, I'd probably be drowning in figures.

Yeah, I spend most of my money as far as hobbies on video games but more and more are looking to be not purchase worthy. Not that they're bad games or not fun but just so many are becoming a lot shorter or focusing on multiplayer that I'd rather just rent them for a weekend or week and probably wouldn't go back to them.

Haha, yeah. The first episode doesn't really give you much on the characters but the basic backgrounds on them. So the list is going to seem a little shallow at this point

Yeah, I didn't really know a lot of their names to start with either. I guess it's like that for everybody since you're introduced to so many characters at once. You get to learn them though.

Spoor is pretty much the best character in the whole franchise. Well, the best character who isn't criminally underused, at least.

That's good to hear (except for the underused part). I certainly came to like her rather quickly, haha.

Eh, I'm pretty sure it's more nuanced than that, especially how that specific sequence portrays the whole conflict. (which I love). Did you not remember the moment in one of the earlier episodes where it shows the
abh literally causing destruction on other worlds?
The only reason the conflict appears one-dimensional is due to the limited POV of the series.:) but I don't believe the author ever intended to have the abh appear as the "good guys" and the united mankind as the "bad guys"

Yeah, sorry,I meant to word it that it seems that way on the surface. I think to what you're referring was maybe in episode two or three. Some of the earlier episodes had some background type details at the end as well.

Yeah, it was either in my last write-up or the one before where I mentioned that the story was presenting a certain viewpoint. Also, if it seemed like one side was maybe favored one episode, the next or a couple later, something would be presented to switch things back around to present things overall in a more neutralized manner.

You'll see more. :D

That makes me very happy.

For me, just Chihayafuru from this season (plus From the New World and Space Brothers as continuing shows). A pretty far cry from all of the stuff that I was watching back in Spring, but at least I'm keeping up with everything this season.

DiGiKerot

"8Bit" Go My Way Remix

Pretty dapper.

But since that seems to be an official mix and more of an arrangement that a simple 8-bit rendition of the tune, have something that fits the bill more.

There is actually a straight 8-bit rendering of Go My Way!! on that very CD - I have it as the ringtone on my phone - but I can't actually find it on the Youtubes. Ho-hum.

DiGiKerot

That's good to hear (except for the underused part). I certainly came to like her rather quickly, haha.

Ah, no, what I meant was that there's one character I like more that Spoor in the sequel series, but they don't get as much screentime as I'd like, as apposed to making a comment on there not being enough Spoor in the franchise.

Nafe

Ah, no, what I meant was that there's one character I like more that Spoor in the sequel series, but they don't get as much screentime as I'd like, as apposed to making a comment on there not being enough Spoor in the franchise.

Ah, I'm sorry. Hm, now I'm interested to see who this character is, haha.

Soul Eater 17

3KrUIjV.gif

Excalibur...

Excalibur...

From the United Kingdom I'm looking for him.

I'm going to California...

Excalibur...

Excalibur...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom