• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -5| This is stupid, kayos90 sucks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shergal

I feel strange because I virtually don't game. The only game I've ever taken somewhat seriously is DotA, but besides that (and football games in a social context) I haven't touched a game like... ever.

JordanN

Banned
Maoyuu Maou Yuusha 1 - 4
yFOeGDa.jpg

Woah, sleeper hit of 2013? I accidentally stumbled upon this show and it blew me away on the first episode. All the characters are surprising likable and it pulls off the medieval-esque setting well.

Nafe

I wish I could say the same. I'm at the point where I don't feel comfortable setting aside large chunks of my time to play RPGs, so I stick to mobile/handheld games and fighting games.

It doesn't seem to matter since I waste tons of time being unproductive in other ways. Quick time-wasters like mobile games are still time-wasters if you play them for a long time, unfortunately. :(

I just get bored of most of those mobile type games that I've tried very quickly and even if it's an RPG I still might only play a bit here and there. It doesn't really bother me personally if it winds up taking me three or four months to beat the game.

I mostly play grand strategy games nowadays. Gameplay for ages.

I never really played too many strategy games but that's one genre I've thought about maybe getting more into partly because of that.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Maoyuu Maou Yuusha 1 - 4

Woah, sleeper hit of 2013? I accidentally stumbled upon this show and it blew me away on the first episode. All the characters are surprising likable and it pulls off the medieval-esque setting well.

Wait... that's what she actually says? What the fuck?

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
I was thinking about doing it with one of the iM@S EDs, but I can't find a good way to set up the design. I still have a Strike Witches design sitting on my computer that I've wanted to use for the longest time. Haha, I can't imagine how my other fighting game friends would react though.

Haha I hear you! I'm more so worried about taking my fightstick apart. I haven't done it before so I'm paranoid that I'll either break, snap, or rip something. :(

cajunator

Banned
Maoyuu Maou Yuusha 1 - 4

NoNot really a sleeper, given the staff pedigree. It was expected to be decent.
t

From the New World 17
tumblr_mh8w04yrE51rwd7rfo2_500.png

Kind of was feeling like mama Asahina in this episode, some of that was a bit dull though informative at least. Perhaps if I had more of my Satoru. Ditching the awesome ED for this one was a terrible mistake and made the anime lose style points :(

But for the preview:
Cant wait to see 24+ yo Mamoru, wonder how much he changed. Itd be so awesome if somehow Shun was somehow present? I think the cast has made a terrible mistake by being only observers through this whole thing. They are easily falling into the plan of whoever is behind the scenes and the weapons and knowledge ought to be huge red flags, they really let the knowledge source grow for now, I guess, ten+ years...

GINTAMA 228 - LOVE PLUS EDITION

i've already played love plus on ds i must admit this was an intresting game , especially in the "free time mode".

Thus i understood quickly that gintama used all those painfull extraordinary occurences and events where ILR people went too far to create an arc that seem up to par with the feelign of the original.

So yes LOVE PLUS is serious business :
Gintama%20-%20228_01.jpg

Love plus is harder than resident evil indeed!

However gintama version is clearly flawed !! They went too far on the parameters !
Still the fall of gintoki into the "another world" was quite well done since , while creepy as f**k it was still fun to watch.

And now a difficult and very hard challenge for our hero ..free shinpachi from hapiness!

Gintama%20-%20228_02.jpg

to reach this level that's some dedication ....

One good thing to not is the new opening a very stillish opening with a cool music ... i enjoyed the first opening , but the second is equally good.

BUt the ending sequence , while very well done in term of style ..well i don't like the music ..On a graphic sense , it's excellent , just the music isn't for me.

PsionBolt

Smile Precure! - 48 (End)

Much weaker than 47. Still worthwhile though. Managed to copy the endings of like 3 previous Precure series all in one episode.

Looking forward to The Adventures of Cure Decade, Cure Blade, and Those Other Ones next week.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
I haven't even played 999.

I will now remove my shirt as GAFers prepare their spiked whips.

You have reminded me that I still haven't played this yet.

Fucking blasphemy going on in here... (I kid)

For the past while I've been playing less games but longer games like RPGs.

This is really what I should do. Well, Project Diva F comes out in a little over a month, that should keep me well occupied.... and Atelier Ayesha and Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate OH GOD WHAT AM I DOING???

Get on that, guys. Both games are amazing, and the DS is region-free :p

Spread the word, brother!

OceanBlue

I feel strange because I virtually don't game. The only game I've ever taken somewhat seriously is DotA, but besides that (and football games in a social context) I haven't touched a game like... ever.
There are a couple of people like that here. At first I was confused because, well, this is NeoGAF. People sign up for different reasons, though, and I've seen enough people say the same thing to get used to it.

I just get bored of most of those mobile type games that I've tried very quickly and even if it's an RPG I still might only play a bit here and there. It doesn't really bother me personally if it winds up taking me three or four months to beat the game.
Yeah, I'm getting to that point too. I've started slowing down on mobile games and started playing more handhelds and leisurely practicing Japanese. I don't know much, but I've been using Anki as the Japanese learning thread suggests and there's an app that saves Tae Kim's Japanese guide on your phone (I don't have unlimited data) and formats it so it's easy to read.

Haha I hear you! I'm more so worried about taking my fightstick apart. I haven't done it before so I'm paranoid that I'll either break, snap, or rip something. :(
I'm kinda worried about the process too, but I'm less worried about breaking my stick (I took it apart once to change the spring and it wasn't too bad) and more worried about getting the printout cut properly or whatever the process takes. I know a few guys who have put custom art and they say it's easy, so I should just ask them how to do it.

Shergal

There are a couple of people like that here. At first I was confused because, well, this is NeoGAF. People sign up for different reasons, though, and I've seen enough people say the same thing to get used to it.

I only signed up because of the anime threads, to be honest.

Quasar

OreShura #4

And so it heads further into typical childhood friend + other fighting over boy (as per title).

Still...my appreciation for Masuzu will keep me watching for now.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Dammit kayos. Keep the SAO arguments to this thread. People on the outside don't don't need to be exposed to that.

OceanBlue

I don't really like some of the things they did with the full version of Neguse, but the song has really grown on me so I can't help but listen to it anyway.

The full version of Dramatic Market Ride, on the other hand, is a lot more safe but I can appreciate that a lot more after Neguse. Plus, it has that neat key shift. It's a shame that the song isn't nearly as catchy as a Neguse.

Star Driver 9-12

Almost bailed at 8 but it's starting to grow on me a bit. Going to take a break and watch Redline.

I see you've seen Pile Crusher. Probably one of my favorite battle scenes in the show aside from the ending. The animation in the fights are always so nice to look at. Does anyone know who did the animation for this scene?

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
But seriously, are you keep tabs on me? You haven't posted in that thread in ages and then the moment I take one minor swipe at SAO you're suddenly there to tell me off.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Azumanga Daioh 13

Kinda middling episode this time around. Though I guess there's only so much you can do with the "taking tests" premise. Next episode looks to be great though (another "Chiyo's summer home" episode, yay).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom